Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

CzarChasm posted:

TL:DR - Raiden sucks as a messaging system.

To be fair, he was Dark Raiden when he sent that message back. Maybe he was hoping to get a poo poo ton of people killed off with that dickishly vague message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gavok posted:

Edit: Eh, you're watching the cutscenes, but I wrote this out so gently caress it.

Kabal gets his respirators and stuff from Kano, but turns on him. Sub-Zero is a cyborg and is defeated and reprogrammed to have his memories back. He tries to spy on Kahn's crew, but it goes wrong. At the very least, he's able to kill his brother Noob Saibot by throwing him into a big tornado made of souls. Doing so also causes the Soulnado to dissipate. Still, Raiden's amulet is cracking. Everyone's second-guessing him, especially Liu Kang. He and Liu then go to visit the Elder Gods for assistance, but they don't seem to be of much help.

While that's all going on, the Lin Kuei attack the heroes. Nightwolf takes down Cyrax and Sektor, but then Sindel barges in. She's been amped up by having Shang Tsung's soul shoved into her and she fucks up EVERYONE. Sub-Zero, Jade, Stryker, Jax, Kabal, Kitana, Smoke: all dead. Johnny and Sonya are just knocked out. Nightwolf sacrifices himself to take her out. Then Raiden and Liu return to see the aftermath. Liu is PISSED. Raiden figures he can maybe make a deal with Quan Chi in the Netherrealm.

That also doesn't work out. Raiden is forced to fight the undead versions of his former allies (and Sindel). Still, Quan gives him the inspiration to stop Kahn. "HE MUST WIN!" is about Kahn. He's supposed to cross into Earthrealm and "merge the realms" so that the Elder Gods will finally have legal reason to act against him. Raiden tries to explain it to Liu, but he won't listen and instead wants to just fight Kahn, which will change nothing. Raiden accidentally kills Liu out of desperation. Liu dies, refusing to accept Raiden's apology and telling him that he's killed them all.

Kahn shows up, smacks Raiden around and finally the Elder Gods appear and power up Raiden. He defeats Kahn and the Elder Gods tear his soul to pieces. Earthrealm wins, but the only guys left are Raiden, Johnny and Sonya. Afterwards, Quan Chi and Shinnok are shown, boasting about how this is all going according to plan.

Thanks dude I really apprecaite it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

What faction are the PS4 crew joining first?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
How big is the Krypt in this game? The MK9 Krypt was absolutely massive, and the Krypt equivalent in Injustice felt disappointingly small in comparison.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

cams posted:

yeah, guy who wrote that big block of text mixed up takeda and kung jin. racist.

also(story mode ending spoilers), LIU KANG CAN NEVER ESCAPE RAIDEN. the funniest part of the ending. guy dies and becomes a thrall of shinnok and is cool with it cause he hates raiden so much, only to be back under his power cause raiden becomes evil for silly reasons. was really surprised that it didn't end with everyone under revenant control being freed. also really surprised that scorpion never falls under the revenant power again, he stays in human form for the entirety of story mode.

Liu Kang isn't under Raiden's control. Raiden, now with Shinnock's power, was warning Liu Kang that if they do anything to earth realm ever he's gonna come down there and kill them over and over. "there are fates worse than death"

edit: fixed sorry

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr E posted:

Ninjas motherfucker

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ninjas motherfucker

Agreed. Lin Kuei is where we're at.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Lin Kuei aren't ninjas, just ask the original Sub-Zero. :colbert:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Doc Morbid posted:

Yeah, aren't the Lin Kuei supposed to be Chinese rather than Japanese?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
One of Kitana's brutalities. She explodes a man by hitting him with her butt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQYgoAmC3kI

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Dr. Abysmal posted:

She calls that the "Rear View"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Cythereal posted:

They are. Of course, The Immortals confused things a bit with their classic song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Doc Morbid posted:

I liked the Lin Kuei better before the cyborg initiative when everyone just had a dumb gimmick. You're an ice ninja, you're a smoke ninja, we're gonna strap a propane tank to your back so you can have a flamethrower, you get grenades. After Sub-zero takes over they all just become Ice ninjas, lame.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Mr E posted:

Lin Kuei son.

Doc Morbid posted:

Yes, they are not ninja's, but warriors. Please refer to this documentary - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ

*ed*

Roman Reigns posted:

Naomi makes me sad :(

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Cythereal posted:

Yeah. The Lin Kuei is the Chinese clan. The Shirai Ryu are the Japanese ones.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

A Senran Kagura Fatality :eyepop: :swoon:

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

CzarChasm posted:

TL:DR - Raiden sucks as a messaging system.

Explanation: Future Evil Raiden is also a major gently caress-up and sends his message back earlier than it could have possibly helped anyone... which means if Present Raiden wasn't terrible at interpreting his future words, things would be even worse than they are now! So thanks for being a failure, Raiden, or Shao Kahn would have won.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Explanation: Future Evil Raiden is also a major gently caress-up and sends his message back earlier than it could have possibly helped anyone... which means if Present Raiden wasn't terrible at interpreting his future words, things would be even worse than they are now! So thanks for being a failure, Raiden, or Shao Kahn would have won.

There's something kind of brilliant about Raiden loving up so often, on so many levels, that he somehow blunders his way into success.

MK9 is pretty much a violent, kung fu version of The Producers.

CaligulaKangaroo fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 13, 2015

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Al Borland posted:

Going Brother of Shadowhood at first I think. I'll do black dragon last after i get all the factions done. Or shadow we'll see :)

Also for Steam we do have a community but it isn't goon only its pretty much anyone getting the game if someone wants to create an SAMKX go for it.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MKXO is the open to all community that we're using for trying to establish a strong online community that is inclusive. About 120 members now and Alex Valle is in it too so I'm hoping maybe some levelup online MKX tournaments if the game takes off.

I made a group page. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mkxgoons I'm more than game to take some beatings from some Goons.

Also, to whomever it was asking about the PDP MKX Pad I've had a couple days to play with it. I enjoy it, I think the dpad is far better than any other controller I've played with (I'm not good at sticks and had been using 360 controllers), the button layout takes me back to the days of playing UMK3 on my Sega and I've set it up similarly. Essentially I have:
code:
BP Block Bk
FP Throw Fk   With Block also on the right bumper.
If there ends up being a run button (or I lazy out and make a macro for it) I'd put that on the button that is the block button.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

double post, sorry

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Basically Raiden is about as slow at interpreting his messages as he his fighting.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Where are people getting MKX early?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
"Holy poo poo, it does run in the family."

line of the game, right there.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

codenameFANGIO posted:

A Senran Kagura Fatality :eyepop: :swoon:

:lol:

Son of a bitch

Fun fact, Senran Kagura's creator is a MASSIVE Mortal Kombat fanboy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Roman Reigns posted:

KITANA'S TWERKIN'! AH LOVE IT, MAGGLE!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Crossposting from the fighting games thread.

quote:

:siren: heads up PS360+ users :siren:

The new firmware (1.66) has just come out for the board, which removed autodetection of the PS4 for the Skullgirls patch. It should now work fine for Mortal Kombat X.

Download it Here

The dude who supports it on SRK worked with Mike Z and confirmed it is working now.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Seeing as I'm stuck on a last-gen console, I was thinking about picking up MK9 again. Is all the bonus ckontent for the PS3 version of the Komplete edition on-disc, or is it a download ckode?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Seeing as I'm stuck on a last-gen console, I was thinking about picking up MK9 again. Is all the bonus ckontent for the PS3 version of the Komplete edition on-disc, or is it a download ckode?

All the DLC characters, costumes, etc are on the disc. There are some bonus codes that let you download the old live-action movie and whatnot, if you really want to.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

This guy has most of the arcade ending if you want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/user/jaknak07/videos

Most are kind of bad, but there are a few neat ones in there. I wanna see giant hulking Terra in the next game, and the Mileena clone army is pretty cool. Cassie beats Shujinko to death and Kenshi and Takeda team up with Taven to murder Daegon. No idea what's up with Jacqui's ending though.
Oh wow, Dark Raiden hosed up even more than we thought if these are anything to go by. Kitana's ending shows her original timeline self killing Shao Kahn and reforming Edenia. I actually feel kind of sorry for DR because there's little chance he could have known that, what with the chaos of Armageddon and everything.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 13, 2015

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013

The Rat posted:

Full story mode cutscenes posted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kgIlNj-H8o

tl;dr: Cassie Cage saves the world.

As it should be. :haw:

NO loving ERRON BLACK CHAPTER. WHAT THE gently caress.

We really had to devote 60% of the screen time to Mortal Kidz, fanfic OC do not steal, instead of the coolest new character

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think my favourite part of the story mode is seeing all the revenants standing in a circle, kicking the crap out of Raiden.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

goatse.cx posted:

NO loving ERRON BLACK CHAPTER. WHAT THE gently caress.

We really had to devote 60% of the screen time to Mortal Kidz, fanfic OC do not steal, instead of the coolest new character

You're not going like his Arcade ending. Johnny Cage accidentally knocks him into the sarlacc pit

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

goatse.cx posted:

Don't be this guy.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rhonne posted:

This guy has most of the arcade ending if you want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/user/jaknak07/videos

Most are kind of bad, but there are a few neat ones in there. I wanna see giant hulking Terra in the next game, and the Mileena clone army is pretty cool. Cassie beats Shujinko to death and Kenshi and Takeda team up with Taven to murder Daegon. No idea what's up with Jacqui's ending though.

Is just me or there are some endings that don't load?

Also Did Daegon always look so much like Kratos?

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013

Wanderer posted:

Don't be this guy.

Most of the new characters are ok but those four really sucked. (Especially Kung Jin!)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Supersonic Shine posted:

Oh wow, Dark Raiden hosed up even more than we thought if these are anything to go by. Kitana's ending shows her original timeline self killing Shao Kahn and reforming Edenia. I actually feel kind of sorry for DR because there's little chance he could have known that, what with the chaos of Armageddon and everything.

That was a thing shown to her by Quan Chi. He always shows them poo poo to make them mad.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

goatse.cx posted:

Most of the new characters are ok but those four really sucked. (Especially Kung Jin!)

Cassie Cage is the best drat character in the franchise and I'm sorry that you have a terminal case of Wrong

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I think my favourite part of the story mode is seeing all the revenants standing in a circle, kicking the crap out of Raiden.

Yep, that was my favorite part too. Especially since it went on for like 10 seconds.

I didn't really like the Scooby-Doo bunch, but I like Takeda and Cassie on their lonesome. Jacqui seems unnecessary and Kung Jin sucks.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Peanut President posted:

That was a thing shown to her by Quan Chi. He always shows them poo poo to make them mad.
Oh, whoops. Guess I was too used to Raiden loving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

24 hours to go. :f5:

• Locked thread