Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Poque posted:

This is a bad post that tries to hint toward a town alignment for PM through a case on Narc.

This is a bad post that if Diqnol is town makes me think you're trying to shift momentum onto him with confirmation-bias led posts that look like scum hunting in earnest. I actually checked votefinder to see if you'd voted Diq up to this point, you didn't, you then quoted Ernie's case which is okay(?) and used that as your justification for the vote.

I feel like you've been looking for adequate reason to get on Diqnol, and it's weird to me that Ernie's casing is that reason but not just enough trust in my night action claims/speculation.

I don't like Poque right now.These kinds of posts are exactly why I was so disappointed that the response to my claim was Pmom and Opop being stupid, since it neutered this kind of poo poo. Now we're getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah I do think PM is town fwiw

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

the gloating wasn't 'theram what are you doing' it was 'look at what i made you do, I MADE YOU CLAIM JAILOR' - in what universe do the following make sense concurrently

a) TheRam has a scum gameplan and I wish you all would see it
b) TheRam has acted and claimed based on my pressuring him

it's either/or

the universe where TheRam came in guns blazing claiming a result on Diq, Diq claimed roleblocker, and TheRam then claimed jailer.

which is also this universe.

TheRam posted:

Diqnol,

I think you are either scum or SK.

oops m8!

##vote guisseppe buttface mc doodlesons

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

And anyway, I was roleblocked last night. Go figure.

TheRam posted:

I expected at least two NKs, however the night I choose to jail our buddy Diqnol only a single NK occurs

HMMMM I WONDER WHAT IT COULD MEAN. Diq is scum or SK (more likely scum, I think), unless; there is a doc who protected correctly in addition to my role, there is no SK (/no N1 kill for the SK) or there are more bullet proof players. I think more likely I just owned Diqnol, and I'm going to bed so gently caress sitting on it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TheRam posted:

This is a bad post that if Diqnol is town makes me think you're trying to shift momentum onto him with confirmation-bias led posts that look like scum hunting in earnest. I actually checked votefinder to see if you'd voted Diq up to this point, you didn't, you then quoted Ernie's case which is okay(?) and used that as your justification for the vote.

I feel like you've been looking for adequate reason to get on Diqnol, and it's weird to me that Ernie's casing is that reason but not just enough trust in my night action claims/speculation.

I don't like Poque right now.These kinds of posts are exactly why I was so disappointed that the response to my claim was Pmom and Opop being stupid, since it neutered this kind of poo poo. Now we're getting there.

Ernie's posts are based on posts that Diqnol made and tones that can actually be read instead of speculation that there was a second kill out there that was stopped, I explained that earlier.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

the universe where TheRam came in guns blazing claiming a result on Diq, Diq claimed roleblocker, and TheRam then claimed jailer.

which is also this universe.

I can agree with this, and with a BP dead I really doubt Diq was responsible for any NK, either way you look at it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Or, could have been responsible for a NK that didn't happen.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think Poque wanting to talk about gulag and doug earlier over Ram is tellling and I think he vote on me there was opportunistic, it's very interesting

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it's telling in that there is a confirmed liar in one group and something easily explained away in the other

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Liar != scum

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Here's a simple way of clearing it up: Exakt, are you VT?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's a lot worse when it's used to save somebody who was headed for a clear lynch.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Here's a simple way of clearing it up: Exakt, are you VT?

What question is this question supposed to answer?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

It's a lot worse when it's used to save somebody who was headed for a clear lynch.
Scum Gulag claimed mason to save town Exakt?

Because obviously scum Exakt would know to go along with scum Gulag's claim.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Poque posted:

If that's the case I don't see why people are voting for Exakt over Gulag. If they are on a team then there is no reason to give up the ruse once Exakt replaces in. I can see finding Gulag kinda suspicious over that, but honestly it just looks like a way to generate content and see how people react to that claim.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

Scum Gulag claimed mason to save town Exakt?

Because obviously scum Exakt would know to go along with scum Gulag's claim.

Scum Gulag saving Town Rattman: easy buddying on Rattman who was getting lynched for a supremely negative and unhelpful attitude, somebody who's not going to be hard to kill later on. Rattman goes along with it because why not, I would
Scum Gulag saving Scum Rattman: Doubt it, too risky especially given Rattman's attitude as mentioned above
Town Gulag saving any-alignment Rattman: only explainable by "Gulag Dolls"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poque posted:

Why not?

I feel like you're being snipey at me this game.

I am snipey because I've been banging my head against the wall since yesterday trying to get through to people. Gulag does this often. He has for years. It's a non starter.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I am snipey because I've been banging my head against the wall since yesterday trying to get through to people. Gulag does this often. He has for years. It's a non starter.

Yeah.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am not aware of Gulag's history but I can see why town might do it, so it's fine for now (to me)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

Scum Gulag saving Town Rattman: easy buddying on Rattman who was getting lynched for a supremely negative and unhelpful attitude, somebody who's not going to be hard to kill later on. Rattman goes along with it because why not, I would

I would definitely never go along with someone else claiming confirmed masons on me, especially if I'm on my way to being dunked. Contradicting the claim is an easy emergency brake on the bandwagon against you!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

I would definitely never go along with someone else claiming confirmed masons on me, especially if I'm on my way to being dunked. Contradicting the claim is an easy emergency brake on the bandwagon against you!

see you just admitted you're anti-fun

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it's n ot wrong to be friends

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jnZMW8C6wA

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

And that would be awesome for you if you were scum. That's why I don't think Doug/Exackt are, scum would have gladly taken that distraction

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

##vote Anonymous
You're an arsonist, aren't you?

actually I want this explained

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I missed that. Why would someone jump to an arsonist being in this game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would assume WWM is either a Firefighter who is bad at their role or was doused with gasoline

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
if it's the latter it exonerates diqnol

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Poque posted:

if it's the latter it exonerates diqnol

uh, why wouldn't the former?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TheRam posted:

uh, why wouldn't the former?

If WWM is a firefighter then he knows the existence of an arsonist without having action taken upon him. Just because you blocked Diqnol doesn't mean you couldn't have blocked a douse action.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Poque posted:

actually I want this explained

She was the first person to bring up possibility of a sk, I inferred the possibility she has a killing role, which, now that I've caught up with the thread, I withdraw that accusation.

##unvote

In other news,
-Poque, I find your vote on Giuseppe/Diqnol to be really opportunistic. It seems like you're not paying attention to the thread, ie missing the fact that Exact/Gulag aren't masons, and overall you appear like you're ok with just putting your vote anywhere.
-Opop, you continue to not take a single position in this game. You made a jokevote, a vote on Somber back when he and Poque were slapfighting about the whole 48 hour thing, and then you vote TheRam because "oh fine." You seem indifferent to who gets voted while trying to ride the notion that Gulag always claims confirmed masons as if it makes you appear to contribute.
-Anonymous trying to link people who haven't even flipped yet - both scummy and bad play.

LittleMac, I'd like to buy your wares today and sacrifice my vote.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

She was the first person to bring up possibility of a sk, I inferred the possibility she has a killing role, which, now that I've caught up with the thread, I withdraw that accusation.

##unvote

wtf

i wanna buy warez

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I still fail to see opportunism behind making a vote based on tone and inconsistent posting rather than setup spec and a phantom second kill attempt that we have no indication of, but ymmv

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

I still fail to see opportunism behind making a vote based on tone and inconsistent posting rather than setup spec and a phantom second kill attempt that we have no indication of, but ymmv

you just listed two reasons that have been offered to vote for diq. we're not picking reasons to vote for diq, we're trying to find scum.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Poque posted:

If WWM is a firefighter then he knows the existence of an arsonist without having action taken upon him. Just because you blocked Diqnol doesn't mean you couldn't have blocked a douse action.

Ah right. I don't think I've ever been in a game with a fire fighter. Do vitctims or arsonists get covered in petrol and then told they are or what? I literally don't know the role.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

you just listed two reasons that have been offered to vote for diq. we're not picking reasons to vote for diq, we're trying to find scum.

This post says nothing. I have been called out as an opportunistic voter twice now because I voted for Diqnol after Ernie made points related to his actual game content and not when the case against him was pure setup speculation. It's made that post and am making this post because people apparently are not divining the rationale behind my posts. It is in fact opportunistic to call me opportunistic for my votes while simultaneously ignoring the rationale behind the change in my thought process.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TheRam posted:

Ah right. I don't think I've ever been in a game with a fire fighter. Do vitctims or arsonists get covered in petrol and then told they are or what? I literally don't know the role.

no clue, also never been in a game with one. That's why I'm still confused that WWM would immediately think arsonist instead of, say, SK, like he mentioned in his post as an explanation:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's a really weird conclusion to jump to.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

no Pmoms post is actually good, your little point made it look like you wanted to frame diqnol as a good lynch, based on you saying he was doing something as a bad guy, rather than saying why he's a bad guy based on his overall interactions etc, it felt confirmation bias-y and an unnecessary tangent to very valid points made against diqnol by me and ernie.

that's not really scum hunting dude, that's why I called you on it.

I think you're OMGUS'ing here.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TheRam posted:

no Pmoms post is actually good, your little point made it look like you wanted to frame diqnol as a good lynch, based on you saying he was doing something as a bad guy, rather than saying why he's a bad guy based on his overall interactions etc, it felt confirmation bias-y and an unnecessary tangent to very valid points made against diqnol by me and ernie.

that's not really scum hunting dude, that's why I called you on it.

I think you're OMGUS'ing here.

Can you quote my "little point"? I'm not sure exactly what you're referencing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why do you keep insisting your points are valid, Ram? Do you know you're wrong?

• Locked thread