Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Broose posted:

So I guess everyone here is just waiting on the 21st now?

For anyone who was in the beta, can you tell me if your start with support wasn't all that great? I think the bonus you get to penetration when you actually get a level or two into it, the class really starts to shine.

Also, ever since I've made it a practice to tell people not to bother shooting Hans after he throws smoke and just let him capture someone cause he is invincible, pretty much every game I've been in that wasn't complete fools or had bad luck with gas grenades has beaten him. I guess not wasting all your ammo makes a big difference. Though a lot of the time it's only one or two people left.

It feels like the weapons are better tuned from the get-go this time around. Like in KF1, starting off at level 0 support it would seem that the first clot would absorb all your pellets and leave the back row undamaged, whereas now shotguns feel punchy even at the beginning. Medic weapons are also nice and viable and it doesn't take several shots now from your SMG to pop a head.

A nice thing is that the leveling system only handles weapon damage. It makes weapon handling more player skill based now that there's not really a change to dispersion or weapon recoil as you level up like in the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

The knife feels pretty weak this time around. I miss the Machete/KF1 style of Berserker. But alas.

Edit: Huge 350MB patch just went live. Whatever could it contain?!

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 14, 2015

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Had a game last night where A) Some dude wanted to do the cheesedick welding technique on Hans, B) He didn't believe me when I told him Hans was invulnerable during his grab sequence because no he and his friend totally did the door thing last night!!!, C) All five other dudes did a loving cartoony split the second Hans showed up and left me to fight him alone.

So I kited him 'til I passed the entire group hiding in a doorway and I swear to God they did a loving cartoony (seriously, Killing Floor the Saturday morning cartoon, think about it) "GET IN HERE!!!" and welded the door. Except he was already in grab-mode so he just starts wailing on the door and when a few of us flanked to shoot him nothing happens. So we unweld the door and repeat the process of him chasing me after everyone else scatters like the kids who just hit a ball through Old Man Jenkins' window for about ten minutes while I'm yelling at them to help me. Hilariously every time they "came to the rescue" it was just to get grabbed and take that bullet for me. Finally they helped get him to near-death before booking it again and I got the last few shots in his rear end as he went after one of them.

Words cannot describe how :smugbert: I was to that door-weld guy.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
KF2 downloaded around 350mb for me but I haven't seen any patch notes yet.

Patchnotes here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=105268

Fina fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 15, 2015

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Seems like everyone in the beta has a DLC called KF2 Beta Wallpaper.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Servers should be rolling out in the next few minutes. LOTS of stuff in the latest patch so I won't even attempt to paraphrase.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Ryuga Death posted:

Seems like everyone in the beta has a DLC called KF2 Beta Wallpaper.

Yep, it's a snazzy little Wallpaper in your KF2 Steamapps Folder.

(That Scrake though. :stare:)

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Well, they didn't fix the "rebinding camera buttons makes them no longer work " bug. I know that. Wonder what the update was about.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I need to stop reading this thread til the 21st, my personal hype train can't handle the stress

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Patch notes:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=105268

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

moot the hopple posted:

My favorite thing about it is that the animations ironically become less mall ninja. Like on the AK, instead of using a new mag to hit the mag release and kick out the old one, you just switch it out faster. It's like you got no time for flashy poo poo, you just want to shoot zombies.
Though on the SCAR you'll sometimes do that goofy "violently tilt your gun to the side in too fast of a motion to actually do a visual chamber check" before reloading.

<guntism>
Yet more ironically, knocking the empty magazine out with the new one isn't about flashy mall ninja crap, it's about being efficient.
Look at it like this - the goal of a dry reload is to go from 'out of the fight' to 'in the fight' as fast as possible. You have to, in no particular order, clear the empty magazine, chamber a fresh round, and insert a new magazine. Using the new magazine to hit the release is more time-efficient than first hitting the release, then grabbing and inserting the new magazine. For a tactical reload it's even more important, as you want to minimize the time that your gun has no magazine in it.
In the same vein, that flick to the side on the SCAR isn't a chamber check - it's providing additional force to the empty magazine to ensure that it clears the magwell in a timely fashion to make sure you have a clear path to a fast reload.
</guntism>

The only reload in the beta that I genuinely dislike is the SA80's... but that's because the SA80 has garbage ergonomics, not because the animation is wrong.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

all of the reloads should look like this

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Ruggington posted:

You're not wrong, friend.

I love how garbage-hilarious-cool all of Blood Dragon's stuff is, it just hurts me inside when I see stuff that's CLOSE to being correct but not quite.
TBH I'd almost prefer devs dropping realism entirely for cool factor, because trying to strike a balance just ends up offending my delicate gun autism sensibilities.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Ruggington posted:

Pfft

https://youtu.be/-dWzVJGOS2E

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Fina posted:

KF2 downloaded around 350mb for me but I haven't seen any patch notes yet.

Patchnotes here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=105268

"Fix for the changed welding rate giving people too much XP"

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

How much is this game going to cost?

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

$30/₤20/€27.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

$30

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Evil Eagle posted:

Early access is going to be $30 when it comes out on April 21st. Not sure what the fill release will be. Probably $50 or $60.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

Early access is going to be $30 when it comes out on April 21st. Not sure what the fill release will be. Probably $50 or $60.

quote:

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“No, we're not going to mess about with the pricing. It is one price now and for release. The Early Access version will steadily expand until it is the full release version. And then you'll get all the usual free Tripwire content and events. For the life of the game. For free. And we'll produce other content for sale for the game, just as we did with the first Killing Floor, to help keep all that free stuff funded.”

Can't wait to spend $30.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Akumos posted:

"Fix for the changed welding rate giving people too much XP"

lol

I'm waiting for the patch note reading "Fixed welding giving people XP", while still leaving it listed as a support rank up source.

I do hope at least that welding is the worst people have to deal with in KF2 as a source of perk experience. I can imagine if firebug requires kills rather than damage, it could be iffy for example (okay did that count as a fire kill, or a 'headshot by bullets' kill?).

At least now with general experience you aren't completely hosed without X amount of welding.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Section Z posted:

I do hope at least that welding is the worst people have to deal with in KF2 as a source of perk experience. I can imagine if firebug requires kills rather than damage, it could be iffy for example (okay did that count as a fire kill, or a 'headshot by bullets' kill?).

According to someone on the TWI forums who did some datamining, the firebug's secondary xp objective is just killing crawlers with any firebug weapon, which should be a piece of cake no matter what.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Well, if xp works the same way as it does now for other classes where all you need to do is "assist" in killing something for the XP, firebug with a flame thrower would be relatively easy to level up in cause you could light entire groups up easily. But to be honest, I usually forget to play with the flame thrower. I wasn't much a fan of firebug in KF1 either.

I've been more quickly leveling up by just shooting everything once in the chest, even if it is headless. You get the same amount of XP as if you killed it yourself. Least it seems like that. I haven't payed really close attention to it, just that I do get xp for doing even the tiniest bit of damage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gaffle posted:

According to someone on the TWI forums who did some datamining, the firebug's secondary xp objective is just killing crawlers with any firebug weapon, which should be a piece of cake no matter what.

Yeah, no matter the difficulty crawlers are amazingly easy to kill with a flamethrower.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Hell On Earth is impossible now. Was playing with a bunch of near max level peeps, communicating, welding, all that good stuff, the Zeds just run too much now. You get swarmed on wave 1. It's way too brutal. And you barely earn any money, to the point where it's just not rewarding to play.

Also the fall damage is a bit out of control. Even falling 2-3 feet will damage you 5-10 points.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm not in the beta, but I would think that if players could beat the very hardest difficulty when they've only had a few weeks time to play the game, then it would be too easy.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

What kind of fire-based weapon is an upgrade to a flamethrower?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M202_FLASH

:c00lbert:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Played a few matches with the new patch. Normal is easier now and Hans can get owned at a fairly consistent rate if the team is coordinated. He doesn't spam his nerve gas and stick grenades nearly as often and he's quicker now to grab players to heal.

Played a match on hard and spent the entire game starved for cash. Got to wave 5 and barely had enough cash to buy a medic smg, armor and ammo. Got owned hard when a Scrake and FP rushed us from both sides.

Finally unlocked level 10 medic. I'm not sure if "Armament" is worth it. I heal 10% less in exchange for repairing 2% armor. Downside is I heal less and can only repair armor if the person needs to be healed. Meaning that repairing armor is very situational and if you keep allies topped off they'll never really gain much armor. Seems like combatant pays off more since it means you get free starting armor and armor only costs 125 instead of 300 to buy.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
My 970 got here last night.

60FPS is... loving beautiful. It's a gorgeous looking game and at a super amazing fluid motion it's even better. 60FPS videos have never done justice to it rendering in real-time in front of you, and KF2 still proves true. I had to spend the second wave sobbing tears of happiness and joy and beauty. God bless you 60FPS. God bless you.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

My 970 got here last night.

60FPS is... loving beautiful. It's a gorgeous looking game and at a super amazing fluid motion it's even better. 60FPS videos have never done justice to it rendering in real-time in front of you, and KF2 still proves true. I had to spend the second wave sobbing tears of happiness and joy and beauty. God bless you 60FPS. God bless you.

12K 120FPS or you're poo poo tier. Get this scrub single GPU under 5K build crap outta here.

No but really, congrats duder.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

So I wonder what kind of weapon options and special abilities the Martial Artist will get besides the katana. It would be kind of funny to have a whole arsenal of ninja weaponry.

I really hope the martial artist is some kind of high-risk high-reward escape artist who can run around super fast doing drop kicks and stuff. The whole concept of unsheathing attacks with the katana makes me think he will have some kind of weapon switching gimmick, like constantly swapping between a ranged weapon (a bow with various kinds of arrows? thrown weaponry?) and the katana for maximum efficiency.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 15, 2015

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I'm expecting lots of skills (or whatever they are called) that buff parries and at least shuriken as a basic ranged weapon. Hell maybe one of his passive percentages is even weapon switch speed for more katana action.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DatonKallandor posted:

I'm expecting lots of skills (or whatever they are called) that buff parries and at least shuriken as a basic ranged weapon. Hell maybe one of his passive percentages is even weapon switch speed for more katana action.

I'd be willing to bet one of the abilities is something along the lines of "Riposte - After successful parry, the next melee attack deals double damage"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nunchackus. Send dudes flying as the priest who does his best worst bruce lee impression with a scottish accent.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Passive dodge, % chance any attack against you misses? This goes against Killing Floor so hard but either that or steal the Zerk's can't-be-grabbed ability. I'm super curious how they make all ten perks viable and fun but I'm super happy they're taking a polished EA route to figure it out. I really, really, REALLY hate that Early Access and Electronic Arts condense to the same loving thing. Even when I myself type it out there's a knee jerk, gut wrenching reaction.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Minorkos posted:

I'd be willing to bet one of the abilities is something along the lines of "Riposte - After successful parry, the next melee attack deals double damage"

RULES OF NATURE :black101:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kinda surprised they're removing the Siren's ability to pull people with her scream. It was great for not only disorienting players like she's meant to but it meant she was a threat in a group of zeds since should could pull you into a swarm if you let her get close

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Does Commando still get bonus reload speed on every weapon? I knew there;s a taticool reload perk for most classes and they get that, but in KF1 they got it as a level up stat as well and it applied to every weapon in the game.

It actually made the M32 a very viable (if expensive) option for Commandos because even though they didn't get the Demo's bonuses to it's damage, they reloaded it so fast Commandos could put out similar DPS with it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Kinda surprised they're removing the Siren's ability to pull people with her scream. It was great for not only disorienting players like she's meant to but it meant she was a threat in a group of zeds since should could pull you into a swarm if you let her get close

I think the Siren is primarily meant to damage your hp directly with a disorienting scream that does so much damage on anything above Normal that double-Siren spawns should take targeting priority over even Fleshpounds. Having a pull effect on the scream is a little much and kind of nonsensical even for Killing Floor.

But, maybe they could bring it back as a Suicidal/HoE buff. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx
Does the new game have the shop guy that says "Money Money Money" in a sort of singing tune? That was a selling point for me.

• Locked thread