Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Fuego Fish posted:

There was one member from 616, the rest were all alternate reality types. Kurt Waggoner was an American-born teenage Nightcrawler from a reality where humanity had been wiped out in a robot uprising, hence that scene. There was also James Howlett from a reality where he was an officer of some Canadian service, and his bones were plated with adamantine, the metal of the gods from Greek mythology, which turned out to be a gift from his secret boyfriend, Hercules.

They were the most adorable and badass bears in comic book history, and it was sad to see the series end.

That's Governor-General of the Dominion of Canada:canada:, James Howlett, thank you. It means he was the direct representative of the Crown in Canadian Parliament. Technically, he was in charge of the country, and the Prime Minister had to get his approval, or Royal Assent, to any legislation he wanted to pass into law. It's a pretty big deal.

Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lars Blitzer posted:

That's Governor-General of the Dominion of Canada:canada:, James Howlett, thank you. It means he was the direct representative of the Crown in Canadian Parliament. Technically, he was in charge of the country, and the Prime Minister had to get his approval, or Royal Assent, to any legislation he wanted to pass into law. It's a pretty big deal.

Sorry.

Why do we want to keep him alive again?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That metal bikini still looks pinchy as hell.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SynthOrange posted:

Don't kinkshame.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
Seems like a good time to post this page of Red Sophia from Cerebus:

Edit: Whoops, this is Badass Thread...

choobs fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 16, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Thor #7

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The perspective in the second panel made me think she'd been torn in half for a second :stare:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Ok that last panel was pretty good. :3:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And if anyone's wondering, the justification is that the Destroyer is an object, so the spell doesn't count on it. The difficulty it's having is probably because it's Odin's dickhole brother piloting it. Well, and Mjolnir wanting to go back to Thor.

The final pages of that issue were pretty badass too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

The final pages of that issue were pretty badass too.

and then the preview of Thor 8 to follow it :D
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/thor-8-marvel-comics-2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like Natasha should be hanging back, like "um... dude-Thor, buddy? What am I doing here? I get it when the Avengers have a big battle, or I can sneak in somewhere and blow stuff up, but... er..."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So why is Thor Odinson there if it's a clear girl power shot?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

It kind of looks like it has leather backing and it isn't just chainmail.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mind the walrus posted:

So he can job.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

His mom came looking for him to help Lady Thor fight the Destroyer, and was all "Too bad we don't have time to raise an army" and Odinson's "Uh, we have a magic rainbow bridge and I have a list of every badass woman I know?"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

The comic cast is Thor, ex-Thor and all the ladies who he thinks might be Thor.
It's a fun way to knock, like 15 off the list.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

mind the walrus posted:

Lookit that strong-flex and booty pose. Just a lil' something for the ladies. :wink:

And some dudes. :vince:

head58
Apr 1, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

To Thorsplain.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Loki had convinced him that this time he was the woman.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
616 Black Widow has powers, doesn't she? Russian super soldier serum or something IIRC.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pyronic posted:

616 Black Widow has powers, doesn't she? Russian super soldier serum or something IIRC.

Just the 'don't age as fast' stuff that old Nick Fury has. I think at the moment, only Mockingbird has the serum.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

goatface posted:

Loki had convinced him that this time he was the woman.

I wish I had a copy of Sandman: The Kindly Ones so I could show a story Loki tells about Thor and womanhood.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Flesh Forge posted:

I wish I had a copy of Sandman: The Kindly Ones so I could show a story Loki tells about Thor and womanhood.

I got you covered.

Sandman 59

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It is a good story.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
That is a really good one.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I realize there aren't any severed body parts flying around of giant bomb rear end titties or anything but yes that is a bad rear end couple of pages.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Since we're on the Sandman:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Flesh Forge posted:

I realize there aren't any severed body parts flying around of giant bomb rear end titties or anything but yes that is a bad rear end couple of pages.

It's a description of an rear end that has gone bad, sure.

I've been reading through Sandman for the first time, and I absolutely love the way the Aesir are protrayed - Odin is a wise old cowboy and Thor is redhaired and so muscular as to look like a pink cloud. And his hammer is tiny and that's hilarious.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I might be misremembering things but didn't Thor catch wind of that tale and then later get his hands on Loki?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Not exactly: The Corinthian tracks Loki down, breaks his neck, and rips out his eyes and "eats" them with the mouths which are also his eyes which is gross, and Corinthian talks about how awesome it is to see through the eyes of a god and how Loki is immortal so having his neck broken is just going to suck PRETTY BAD, and then Thor and Odin come to collect Loki and put him back in his legendary prison where a woman drops snake venom from a bowl into his raw eye sockets and he can't even squirm around in agony any more because his neck is broken FOREVER, but while they're carrying him away Loki starts trying to tell Thor about how Loki hosed Thor's wife and Thor starts to get really mad and Loki's trying to goad Thor into killing him properly, but Odin is all like Na man Loki is a jerk and a liar, he is lying don't worry about it son and Thor is like Oh ok dad welp let's stuff his rear end back in the snake venom room!!

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I don't see that happening with the Marvel version.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Not exactly: The Corinthian tracks Loki down, breaks his neck, and rips out his eyes and "eats" them with the mouths which are also his eyes which is gross, and Corinthian talks about how awesome it is to see through the eyes of a god and how Loki is immortal so having his neck broken is just going to suck PRETTY BAD, and then Thor and Odin come to collect Loki and put him back in his legendary prison where a woman drops snake venom from a bowl into his raw eye sockets and he can't even squirm around in agony any more because his neck is broken FOREVER, but while they're carrying him away Loki starts trying to tell Thor about how Loki hosed Thor's wife and Thor starts to get really mad and Loki's trying to goad Thor into killing him properly, but Odin is all like Na man Loki is a jerk and a liar, he is lying don't worry about it son and Thor is like Oh ok dad welp let's stuff his rear end back in the snake venom room!!

Ooh yeah I remember now.

The Corinthian was such a cool dude. You know. For a nightmare serial killer.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

He's just about the only uber villain I can think of who gets rehabilitated and his conversion to being One Of The Good Guys is cool and makes sense.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Oh goddamnit. I keep skipping over Sandman panels because I'm still working my way through the tradebacks, and you lay that on me!

It's not your fault. I don't expect you to spoiler a several year old comic. It's just ffffffffff , you know?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Oh goddamnit. I keep skipping over Sandman panels because I'm still working my way through the tradebacks, and you lay that on me!

It's not your fault. I don't expect you to spoiler a several year old comic. It's just ffffffffff , you know?

That is no where near the most shocking thing in the last half of Sandman, so don't fret too much. Also the most recent panels posted are from literally the first issue.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

mind the walrus posted:

You know how on most teams there's a bunch of burly white dudes and a token lady (who's usually there to be half dressed eye candy)?

That's what Odinson is doing there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cabbit posted:

You know how on most teams there's a bunch of burly white dudes and a token lady (who's usually there to be half dressed eye candy)?

That's what Odinson is doing there.

Should have been Hawkeye.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Should have been Hawkeye.

You think so?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...