Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's Clyde!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Is that a rainbow coming out of that unicorn's butt?

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
I always like episodes where Anonymous Everyone is involved. I think this was maybe a bit too much involvement, but this season loves episodes where the Irregulars are suspects. Also, I lost my poo poo when that dude was killed by a loving katana.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

vivisecting posted:

Also, I lost my poo poo when that dude was killed by a loving katana.

Wasn't it a Wakizashi? That was actually a talking point from Sherlock.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

vivisecting posted:

I always like episodes where Anonymous Everyone is involved. I think this was maybe a bit too much involvement, but this season loves episodes where the Irregulars are suspects. Also, I lost my poo poo when that dude was killed by a loving katana.

I like it because Sherlock is totally anti-hype and pretty realistic about what they are. In fact, the entire episode was shockingly realistic on the Everyone front, down to stupid avatars and obsession with pop culture merchandise.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

withak posted:

It's Clyde!

I love the little board of music he likes and dislikes :3:

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Pick posted:

I like it because Sherlock is totally anti-hype and pretty realistic about what they are. In fact, the entire episode was shockingly realistic on the Everyone front, down to stupid avatars and obsession with pop culture merchandise.

Elementary has the best portrayal of Anonymous I've seen in terms of showing the wide range of ideologies and backgrounds, as well as the weird relationship between trying to remain anonymous and wanting to make connections.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

The forums looked oddly like ours.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pan Dulce posted:

The forums looked oddly like ours.

You don't have access to the Inner Sanctum? loving pleb.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

10 Beers posted:

Is that a rainbow coming out of that unicorn's butt?

All I could think of when Joan said that was Forums poster Manos del Sino's avatar.

Not the same, but I couldn't spot any unicorns on the board

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The thing that really got me was that they got the names right. There's a weird rhythm to those kind of internet names, and someone on staff must have done a lot of research to get it right.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
"What are you doing?"

"I'm tapping 'Wake up, Watson' in Morse Code."

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I thought this was a bloody excellent episode. It could have been way off the mark, but the writers seemed to have researched quite a bit and kept a nice balance between realistic and interesting. I liked how the episode twisted and turned just like online conspiracy theories/drama do. They could have pulled another one at the end by having the FBI agent herself be the killer, especially as the killer himself did not really feel like he fit the bill in their encounter, but I'm glad they gratified Holmes and Watsons investigative efforts instead of dropping the real murderer in our laps at the end as they sometimes do.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:siren: A Stitch in Time: :siren:

Holmes and Watson investigate the murder of a professional skeptic who debunked paranormal, religious and scientific phenomenon for a living. The probe uncovers a potential threat to homeland security. Meanwhile, Gregson's daughter asks Joan for help with a case.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Pick posted:

:siren: A Stitch in Time: :siren:

Holmes and Watson investigate the murder of a professional skeptic who debunked paranormal, religious and scientific phenomenon for a living. The probe uncovers a potential threat to homeland security. Meanwhile, Gregson's daughter asks Joan for help with a case.

... thanks for doing this, I don't know what it is about Thursdays lately but I can never remember that Elementary is on.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wow that was easy

And also yikes!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Erm what was that thing?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Oh it was a Nothing-o-meter

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The modern world is loving nuts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
loving great loving episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hahaha Sherlock deprograms a Scientologist in 45 seconds. WIN

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It amuses me to no end that Sherlock's response to Gregson's daughter was that he had underestimated how cunning she was.

I liked the mystery a lot too since so much of it was exactly what was happening in the first place.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Always makes me feel awesome to figure out the mystery just before they solve it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Scorchy posted:

Always makes me feel awesome to figure out the mystery just before they solve it.

Yeah, I realized what the 4 ms thing meant when it was mentioned. I'm not actually sure how that device would work - wouldn't they have to cut the cable to attach it? Isn't stitching fiber optics back together rather difficult? If not, I'm not sure how it would slow down the thing from the outside.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Scorchy posted:

I perked up when they mentioned the cable going Wall Street. I remember NPR covering the use of private cables and networks to get speed advantages last year.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Maera Sior posted:

I perked up when they mentioned the cable going Wall Street. I remember NPR covering the use of private cables and networks to get speed advantages last year.
They also spend a certain amount of time in the episode pointing out that fact. I'll admit the exact financial implications were beyond me, but I felt clever for putting together "Some people take their ping really seriously" and "This device slightly increases ping for people on this line" to realize that the scheme revolves around screwing over HFT systems.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well this episode is loving horrifying

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Clyde!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

If my hair thinned like that from me college days I'd become a criminal too.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Hey, Hackers reunion. Also, holy poo poo what happened to Fisher Stevens' hair?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Sherlock pulling some Fast and the Furious poo poo like it aint no thing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pwnstar posted:

Sherlock pulling some Fast and the Furious poo poo like it aint no thing.

Well, we've seen Alfonso teaching him this stuff in the past.

godzirraRAWR
Sep 11, 2003

godzirra will trample your scrotum
The last few minutes of this episode had me grinning like a goddamned idiot. Also, Clyde.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

godzirraRAWR posted:

The last few minutes of this episode had me grinning like a goddamned idiot. Also, Clyde.

Yup, multiple shots of Clyde munching on lettuce. The writer's know who the fan favourite is.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

johntfs posted:

Hey, Hackers reunion. Also, holy poo poo what happened to Fisher Stevens' hair?

How the gently caress did they not include any Hackers references in the last episode? Whenever there is an EveryOne episode I hope the give a nod to Hackers. Maybe some one off thing about Sherlock getting in trouble with computers when he was a kid. But then to have ZeroCool/CrashOveride and The Plague together and not do anything with it was a real let down.

Hack the Planet

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
So Clyde was conspicuous in his absence.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

withak posted:

So Clyde was conspicuous in his absence.

I really wanted a shot of Clyde wading in the Stanley Cup.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

violetdragon posted:

I really wanted a shot of Clyde wading in the Stanley Cup.

If Watson had been a hockey fan, she would have bathed with the Cup. But Clyde would have been better TV.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.
How is anything better TV than Lucy Liu bathing with the Stanley Cup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Was that the season finale? Pretty lame if it was.

• Locked thread