Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
so this is the dark souls thread right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

mycophobia posted:

so this is the dark souls thread right

sometimes i post about guilty gear

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

this is the byob video games thread feel free to post about any video games you like

mycophobia
ok. I'm playing through Ocarina of Time because I've never beaten it before, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Welp,

landy.

what game is this?

ulvir

mycophobia posted:

ok. I'm playing through Ocarina of Time because I've never beaten it before, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Welp,

it's okay to like games

ulvir

Awesome! posted:

there's more than one. the one in painted world has the occult ember. iirc that was behind the annex door which you need a key for

so it's just me not being a completionist, then

Scaly Haylie

landy. posted:

what game is this?

i think it might be tomodachi life?

Salmiakki

landy. posted:

what game is this?

tomodachi life

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Swizzbutt

I would like to play a visually / aesthetically pleasing, colorful, and pretty mindless but still good game. any recommendations?

i am he

Swizzbutt posted:

I would like to play a visually / aesthetically pleasing, colorful, and pretty mindless but still good game. any recommendations?

Wind waker

Scaly Haylie

Swizzbutt posted:

GTA5

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

what are your platform choices

Swizzbutt

lovely pc (skyrim on medium), Xbox 360, 3DS, ps2, GameCube

Salmiakki

Swizzbutt posted:

kirby

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

ulvir

Swizzbutt posted:

monument valley, on your phone,

3D Megadoodoo

Swizzbutt posted:

Squish'em

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

kirby triple deluxe on your 3ds would be a good choice if you like kirby games

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

little inferno

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

maybe animal crossing

Scaly Haylie

fantasy life is cool

3D Megadoodoo

Bo-Pepper posted:

little inferno

why did i play through that game smdh

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Swizzbutt posted:

rune factory 4

edit:nevermind that looks worse than i remember, animal crossing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Jerry Cotton posted:

why did i play through that game smdh

maybe because you were in the mood for a visually / aesthetically pleasing, colorful, and pretty mindless but still good game

Scaly Haylie

i take issue with the "good" part of that

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

it's like barely what you can call a game but i also just recommended animal crossing so :shrug:

Scaly Haylie

i think the guy with the animal crossing av has already played animal crossing. maybe.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

ha, didnt even notice that

Scaly Haylie

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 17, 2015

3D Megadoodoo

Bo-Pepper posted:

maybe because you were in the mood for a visually / aesthetically pleasing, colorful, and pretty mindless but still good game

hosed up if true

Scaly Haylie

little inferno is art, but not a video game

3D Megadoodoo

I'm ashamed of the fact that I "played" Cookie Clicker for like three days before coming to my senses and never touching it again.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Lizard Wizard posted:

it's mindless and interesting if of a certain flavor i bet swizzbutt can take a look and see if what's on offer seems appealing that is how the world works

Pro Target

Lizard Wizard posted:

Stupid

ulvir

I'm doing a bit of dark souls 1 now.

so, I've just beaten the boss in sen's fortress, and figured I'd run down to the blacksmith to upgrade my equipment before heading into anor londo. I get knocked down by one of the axes by the entrance, and .... annoyingly survive the fall. I manage to get out of the titanite demon's reach and think to myself "let's find a safe spot to swig estus and find the way upwards", when I get zapped dead by the loving serpents.

that's it for tonight, I think.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

did you open the shortcut?

ulvir

Awesome! posted:

did you open the shortcut?

yes.

and since I survived even when taking damage from the axe, at least I can leap down there, get my bloodstain and get the hell out of doge maybe.

the ring of steel protection doesn't affect fall damage, right? I think I should maybe equip the rusted iron ring instead so I've a good chance to get away from the zapping.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

actually getting killed by fall would have been better if you want your body since it would have been back on the bridge. i think fall damage is a % of hp based on distance and defense doesnt matter

if you fall down right when you run in from outside the ladder up is on your left

ulvir

it happened on my way down to the blacksmith, and the axe knocked me down to the right (entrance's left). that means I should keep hugging the immediate wall? (or maybe even just homeward bone that poo poo and try exiting again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir

the ladder is right next to the darned titanite demon, isn't it :negative: