Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I can never seem to get a lobby full, is there some trick to it? I'll get like 2-3 people when the gamemode can have like... 16 max...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
So I have Monday and Tuesday off of work this coming week and i'm looking to do all the heists in a row if anyone wants to join me.

CST and on PC

Add Dox023 on the social club.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Knifegrab posted:

I can never seem to get a lobby full, is there some trick to it? I'll get like 2-3 people when the gamemode can have like... 16 max...

The matching algorithm tries to minimize latency. This can mean that you often end up only having a few other people online at the same exact moment with similar acceptable latency to you.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Nintendo Kid posted:

The matching algorithm tries to minimize latency. This can mean that you often end up only having a few other people online at the same exact moment with similar acceptable latency to you.

So its just a bad system that will never fill?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Knifegrab posted:

So its just a bad system that will never fill?

It'll fill if conditions improve with your internet connection.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Nintendo Kid posted:

It'll fill if conditions improve with your internet connection.

My internet is really great :/

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

CJ posted:

Does anyone want to do the heists starting with the Prison Break? We are using Vent for it. Preferably someone who hasn't done them before.

I'm interested if you haven't started yet. social club: usersa

If it's too late, well I'm open to doing heists with anyone else here. It's too painful to do them the "intended" way, it's impossible to get a group together, and to keep that group together all the way through.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Is the jerry can/exhaust flames method still the best/only way to destroy someone else's car without paying their insurance?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Odobenidae posted:

Is the jerry can/exhaust flames method still the best/only way to destroy someone else's car without paying their insurance?

Turns out you can drive your own car into a gas station pump and not pay insurance as I accidentally learned today, so forcing someone else's car into one will probably work

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Odobenidae posted:

When you do that they do not pay their insurance either so it is pretty pointless.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Something weird is going on with me and LLJK...
I ask to be invited,'got the invite, accepted the invite... But the crew doesn't show up on rsc or on 360... Any ideas?

Also rsc shows me at 0% offline progress, when I am really at 100?

Edit: I think I figured it out, the email associated with my 360 account and my rsc account are different

Double edit: nope just had to turn on the crew in game. Yay!

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 19, 2015

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Is it weird that I see no LLJK crew members on 360 right now? It's a weekend night

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

wwhhhhyyyyy do i keep trying to join pubbies in heists whyyyyyy

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Nintendo Kid posted:

You get incremental discounts of 1% for every few Commendations other players give you (might even be a 1% for each one). On my character I've played since 2013, I've got 6% discount built up.

So you should always mash commendation on other players and encourage other players to do the same for you, everyone wins.

I'm up to 8% from that day GTAO was a thing, on ps3. I don't feel a full 10% is possible, though i have had no commendations since the WEAZEL days.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Doing the online tutorial on PC. Just saw an LLJK named Michael in my first race. Guess I need to get in the crew.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
A goon smashed into my car and it fell sideways into an alley. The person was nice enough to come back and right my car back up after a series of grateful honks. Another goon came by and destroyed my vehicle. Must have been because I was driving in circles on the map.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
A lot of PC goons are new to the game and haven't realised yet the pink half circle on the side of a drop means they are in LLJK with you.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The worst part of GTA Online on PC is there's a lot more forced first-person poo poo, like first-person in this game isn't complete garbage or something.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Slim Killington posted:

The worst part of GTA Online on PC is there's a lot more forced first-person poo poo, like first-person in this game isn't complete garbage or something.

what is wrong with you

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

titties posted:

what is wrong with you

It's like a 60 degree fov at best. It's really bad.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

What could this be when a friend of mine is playing the game but shows as offline in the list? I get social club notifications when he comes online but that's it. Privacy settings set to everyone so we are baffled

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's like a 60 degree fov at best. It's really bad.

Did you max the fov slider? Even on default settings though, I've never had an issue. I think you kids are just spoiled :colbert:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

titties posted:

Did you max the fov slider? Even on default settings though, I've never had an issue. I think you kids are just spoiled :colbert:

Yeah and it's like walking around with binoculars. It's made more obvious when you get in a car and can barely see half the windshield.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I have pretty much been shooting players on sight and now that I am red, there is usually a steady steam of people trying to come kill me. How long does it take for someone to drop down to the regular white dot?

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Hey I'm wondering if I've done goofed, on PS4 I'd be able to get into free roam rooms with tons of people fine but on PC I seem to be the only person in a public server like 85% of the time? What?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Protip for whoever's flying the plane during prison heist: make sure the prisoner isn't directly underneath the stairs before you lower them. This public service announcement brought to you by wrathcough and usersa.

Also I got booted back to single player right after the finale. I still got paid, but it meant I couldn't see the celebration cutscene afterwards, which is my favorite part of the heist. I just want to hang out and knock back a few imaginary beers with my fellow criminals :(

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 19, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yeah and it's like walking around with binoculars. It's made more obvious when you get in a car and can barely see half the windshield.

Forced first person in armored cars is absolutely hilarious because you cannot see poo poo. Getting any of the shots that you can do in third would require you to have eyes in the back of your head.

Also flare guns are the best and near essential for having fun versus cops. Killing untold thousands with fire is great.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 19, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
People are mean :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23G-LfDZR9I

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BombermanX posted:

A goon smashed into my car and it fell sideways into an alley. The person was nice enough to come back and right my car back up after a series of grateful honks. Another goon came by and destroyed my vehicle. Must have been because I was driving in circles on the map.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

A lot of PC goons are new to the game and haven't realised yet the pink half circle on the side of a drop means they are in LLJK with you.

Yeah I had to let one know that goon on goon Violence wasn't cool. I mean a goon shows up in a massive dump truck to help God bless his soul and the goon kills him on sight and destroys his good work.

There even an info scree that shows up, but it's really rare to see.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I did all the Fleeca stuff entirely with pubbies and I can see why people hate it so much. On the scope out mission the pubby sprinted to the car and proceeded to floor it to the bank, smashing into everything on the way like they were in a hurry.

Got a really cool Brazilian guy for the actual heist though who would actually communicate and not try to speed run the whole thing. It really is a crap shoot.

And holy poo poo you'd think matchmaking for this game would work on at least 1 of the 5 systems its out on.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

I did all the Fleeca stuff entirely with pubbies and I can see why people hate it so much. On the scope out mission the pubby sprinted to the car and proceeded to floor it to the bank, smashing into everything on the way like they were in a hurry.

Got a really cool Brazilian guy for the actual heist though who would actually communicate and not try to speed run the whole thing. It really is a crap shoot.

And holy poo poo you'd think matchmaking for this game would work on at least 1 of the 5 systems its out on.

It no joke took me 4 hours last night to get through the finale of Prison Break with some pubbies. I thought about leaving so many times, but I was determined to push forward so I can get my All In Order bonus. Once the matchmaking and load times improve a bit, I definitely want to spend a weekend and try to get Criminal Mastermind/Loyalty with you lovely goons.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Party Plane Jones posted:

Also flare guns are the best and near essential for having fun versus cops. Killing untold thousands with fire is great.

I burn through flare gun ammo so fast. Best addition to the game and trying to use it for kills on missions is great fun.

I'm getting better at hitting motorcycles with them:
http://i.imgur.com/b2y9HjX.gifv

They come in handy on long drives:
http://i.imgur.com/MMyGXOS.gifv

Also, gently caress Abilifier's car:
http://i.imgur.com/EwtBIwO.gifv
You can't hit sticky bombs with a bat apparently...

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

:psyduck:

This game is incredibly inconsistent with it's bugs. I play for 4 hours with friends, no crashes no hitches no problems. Now I play it this morning and it crashes left and right. Did this last night too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A c E posted:

I burn through flare gun ammo so fast. Best addition to the game and trying to use it for kills on missions is great fun.

I'm getting better at hitting motorcycles with them:
http://i.imgur.com/b2y9HjX.gifv

They come in handy on long drives:
http://i.imgur.com/MMyGXOS.gifv

Can you hit thrown grenades with a baseball bat?

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can you hit thrown grenades with a baseball bat?

Probably not, but it might be worth trying in the interests of science! :science:

Abilifier/Matazar; down for the final heist today?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

A c E posted:

Here we see a flock of goons in their natural habitat showing their plumage.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So my vehicles got deleted in the transfer even though I made sure to login to GTAO on my PS3 first.

I thought, no biggy I'll just get screenshots of them on my PS3 and they'll be restored. Nope, gone there too.

At least my helmet combo didn't get reset (old snap).

e: vvv Did it just now, I was trying to get the screenshots for the ticket.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 19, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ijyt posted:

So my vehicles got deleted in the transfer even though I made sure to login to GTAO on my PS3 first.

I thought, no biggy I'll just get screenshots of them on my PS3 and they'll be restored. Nope, gone there too.

Did you file a ticket with R* if they don't restore the vehicles, you should be given money to replace at least some of them.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So, if any PS4 goons are on, I'm going to start doing my prison break heist. I have to get to my apartment, on the other side of the map, but whatever. Hopefully I don't have to get stuck doing this with pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

bman in 2288 posted:

So, if any PS4 goons are on, I'm going to start doing my prison break heist. I have to get to my apartment, on the other side of the map, but whatever. Hopefully I don't have to get stuck doing this with pubbies.

I'll get on

EDIT: or not, it's apparently full.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 19, 2015

• Locked thread