Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

VendaGoat posted:

here's a black rectangle. It'll hold ALL the music you've ever, or will ever like.

We've had that for a while:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lEt2PkjZBs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

It'll probably take the car radio fifteen minutes to index what's on there every time you turn it on.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Flipperwaldt posted:

It'll probably take the car radio fifteen minutes to index what's on there every time you turn it on.

This. I have a 32 GB I keep maybe 10 gigs on because otherwise it takes a year to index. Every time you turn the car off.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm not filling up the entire 256GB, it'd just be cool to not have to worry about space for a while.

Flipperwaldt posted:

big mean giraffe posted:

This. I have a 32 GB I keep maybe 10 gigs on because otherwise it takes a year to index. Every time you turn the car off.
I guess I'll see how it goes. I put like 10 gigs worth of music on a flash drive I already had after I got the car to test out the USB port and it had no trouble shuffling songs. If it gives me trouble once I put more on there...well that'll suck haha

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

exactly what I thought of, glad you beat me to it.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

big mean giraffe posted:

My Kenwood had the option of indexing it on a PC beforehand.

About the only sleek part of its USB operations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Couple of cheap wristwatches from the local swap meet again.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I bought these pants

And I am so excited to wear them.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Echeveria posted:

I bought these pants

And I am so excited to wear them.

I like those a lot. Where did you get them?

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Sorry I forgot to link in my post!

They are Prana, but I actually picked them from Campers Village.

Edit: If they wear well I'll pick up the Charcoal Diamond color, too. They are long enough I can wear them with chucks or sandals, but also skinny enough I can wear them with boots, and not so skinny that you can make out the screws in my shin through the pants (I've tried those on before. Not cool)

Echeveria has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Apr 20, 2015

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Echeveria posted:

Sorry I forgot to link in my post!

They are Prana, but I actually picked them from Campers Village.

Edit: If they wear well I'll pick up the Charcoal Diamond color, too. They are long enough I can wear them with chucks or sandals, but also skinny enough I can wear them with boots, and not so skinny that you can make out the screws in my shin through the pants (I've tried those on before. Not cool)

Clicked link and expected them to be men's jeans, was pleasantly surprised.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I'd wear 'em. It's a great color.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Needing to get some pants that match this besides jeans, but I love them so far:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I bought a certificate of deposit instead of spending money on TVs and stuff. Feels weird.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Needing to get some pants that match this besides jeans, but I love them so far:

What do they call that style sole? I keep seeing it everywhere.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

David Copperfield posted:

What do they call that style sole? I keep seeing it everywhere.

Ugly.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Drogadon posted:

I bought a certificate of deposit instead of spending money on TVs and stuff. Feels weird.

Post your APY

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Just bought tickets to visit my grandparents in Honduras in July.

Also just finished listening to this that I bought a couple weeks ago and it was great

Now I'm starting the one about daily life in the ancient world. The audible subscription is worth it just for these courses.

TraderStav posted:

Post your APY

2.55%

This is the only way to keep my money safe from being spent on guitars that I don't need and am not even good at playing.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Drogadon posted:

Just bought tickets to visit my grandparents in Honduras in July.

Also just finished listening to this that I bought a couple weeks ago and it was great

Now I'm starting the one about daily life in the ancient world. The audible subscription is worth it just for these courses.

2.55%

This is the only way to keep my money safe from being spent on guitars that I don't need and am not even good at playing.

The daily life in the ancient world one is excellent, if you aren't bothered by the professor's inability to pronounce the letters S and C.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

tomstuart posted:

The daily life in the ancient world one is excellent, if you aren't bothered by the professor's inability to pronounce the letters S and C.

Agreed. The content was great, but it did take a couple of lectures before I stopped noticing his speech impediment. Also, he seems to occasionally pronounce English words according to Latin pronunciation rules, and I don't think it's intentional or for effect. e.g. celsius as kelsius

I'm going through his other Great Courses series, Greece and Rome: An Integrated History of the Ancient Mediterranean , and so far I find it interesting but not as engaging as The Other Side of History.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

big mean giraffe posted:

I have complaints about the Microsoft UVO system in my car but thank goodness it only indexes my 16gb plug when I take it out and change its contents.

My major beef is that it plays tracks alphabetically by ID3 song title, instead of using the filename which I have numbered for albums. So I end up going into every id3 tag and adding a number before the song name before I put them on the stick. I don't want to live in a world where Welcome to the Jungle plays at the end of Appetite for Destruction instead of the beginning.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Up in Mansfield, MA on August 7th. I'm so stoaked for this. Third time seeing Deftones, first time for Incubus and DFA1979.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Toast Museum posted:

I'd wear 'em. It's a great color.
Yeah, I bought a pair of Levis in that color last year but settled on a muted olive. :negative:

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

IUG posted:

Up in Mansfield, MA on August 7th. I'm so stoaked for this. Third time seeing Deftones, first time for Incubus and DFA1979.

I'm hoping to get tickets for the Mountain View show. Despite being an ENORMOUS Deftones fan, I've never seen them, and I haven't seen Incubus since Morning View came out (also a huge fan, minus the last album). DFA1979 is just the icing on the cake because I only very recently got into them and I bet they put on a good show.

edit: gently caress, there must have been some pre-pre sale already. Tickets are crazy expensive on reseller sites.

Glottis has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Apr 20, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf posted:

Went to the local record store for Record Store Day yesterday... They didn't have the releases I was looking for, Jurassic 5 in particular, but i found this album that I've been hunting for about 3 years.

Managed to find the releases I was looking for online today :dance:

Jurassic 5 Quality Control woodbox 4 LP set, including instrumental tracks

Wu-Tang Clan Protect Ya Neck

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Undefeated x Bape Adidas Superstars

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

drat, nice.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Glottis posted:

I'm hoping to get tickets for the Mountain View show. Despite being an ENORMOUS Deftones fan, I've never seen them, and I haven't seen Incubus since Morning View came out (also a huge fan, minus the last album). DFA1979 is just the icing on the cake because I only very recently got into them and I bet they put on a good show.

edit: gently caress, there must have been some pre-pre sale already. Tickets are crazy expensive on reseller sites.

Chino's voice is super hit or miss, although I hear he's taking things a bit more seriously lately so it might not be that much of a problem now.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

apatheticman posted:

Chino's voice is super hit or miss, although I hear he's taking things a bit more seriously lately so it might not be that much of a problem now.

#1 reason why I haven't bothered seeing them before, but that's good to hear he's working on it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Glottis posted:

I saw Deftones in a fairly small venue maybe 5 or 6 years ago and it was a great show. I used to be a big Incubus fan... but they've been going steadily downhill for quite a while now... I saw them live at Lollapalooza 2003 and I was front row, 10 feet away from Mike Einzinger. That show was the best show I've ever been to. Front row for Incubus, Queens of the Stone Age, Audioslave, Jurassic 5, Jane's Addiction and some other less noteworthy bands. I was 10 feet away from Dave Navarro, Tom Morello, Josh Homme.

loving legendary. Chali 2na from J5 gave me a high five :hfive:.

And since it was right around Songs for the Deaf, my ears rang for 4 days afterward.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Apr 21, 2015

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I'd love to see Deftones in person. I wish they would tour with Tool so they could do a live version of "Passenger". And then you know, I could see Tool, too.

Anywho, my wireless headphones that I brought to the office have a weird housing on the 3.5mm plug end that does not seat properly in my speaker's headphone jack. So I got a splitter/extender thing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

IUG posted:

DFA are SO loving GOOD live. Get some musician's earplugs and get right in the middle. When I saw them play London, UK the loving floor was just insanity, a sea of bodies creating waves crashing into each other for an hour straight. Prepare to get sweaty as gently caress.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Finally got my bike and took it for a spin.

Really liking it, and have less problem with just one gear than I would have thought.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How much did the bike run you?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
About $680, tho I went with some nice leather grip tapes and fancy breakwire sleeves(to match the other gold highlights) which put me around 725.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

IUG posted:

I'm a little mad about this, as DFA cancelled their spot in a local festival to do this tour. I've seen them before, though so it's no big deal! They rock. Incubus rocks. Looks like that will be a good time.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

How is DFA live? Did they have any pre-recorded accompaniment? Their live videos are pretty decent but it seems like they might need to add something extra to get a fuller(?) sound since it's just drums and bass. Or maybe he just has added effects/pedals to get that heavy bass sound.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I bought some cologne samples because smelling good is nice. I really wish Kilian - Taste of Heaven wasn't $160 for a refill bottle but ah well I guess I'll go with decanters of new poo poo

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

colas posted:

How is DFA live? Did they have any pre-recorded accompaniment? Their live videos are pretty decent but it seems like they might need to add something extra to get a fuller(?) sound since it's just drums and bass. Or maybe he just has added effects/pedals to get that heavy bass sound.

No they don't and no he doesn't. Keeler plays a Juno synth onstage as well as his bass, and has a POG pedal and a couple other ones for some of the tonal variations on the new record, but their live show is absolutely incredible, very loud, and your face will be generally melted. The heavy bass sound is basically all just his amps at full bore driving a bunch of PA speakers in the cabs.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Apr 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tomstuart posted:

It was a good listen, but definitely not about the ancient world. Ancient Europe is a better description. He didn't even acknowledge that there were people living in Africa or North America. Asia was only mentioned with regards to trade.