Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
My theory going into today was that Beet attempting to lead two lunches against confirmed town would be sufficient evidence that he should be lynched. Then I could see who still voted to save Beet, I wouldn't have to reveal and I might get another investigation tonight.

I'm not saying it was a good theory, but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Wait what? How does that make any sense.

Final ploy huh? First you failed, then Birdstrike character role claim failed, then he wants us to believe he's sat on that investigation result for four or so hours, then you come in trying reasonable.

Nice trying to distance each other after your flip.

quote:

Also Beet, why the idea that on the cusp of a supposed lylo would scum push super hard? I don't think I've ever seen that happen and I think it'd be a really awful tactic.

Like we never saw someone dumb enough to lynch the person they were being attacked by all day 1?

Like someone claiming a role they really aren't like nurse?

Like someone being a framer and then suggesting there was maybe a framer involved when they were investigated as scum?

Nah scum don't take those risks do they?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Haha, lunches.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Wait what? How does that make any sense.

Also Beet, why the idea that on the cusp of a supposed lylo would scum push super hard? I don't think I've ever seen that happen and I think it'd be a really awful tactic.

yeah, this I don't get. Lylo is dangerous for town, not for scum.

Only thing I can think is that we're expecting that there are only two scum. If scum loses one player, that's still half their number.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gaspy the characters aren't consistent with town/scum. Jojo can be (is!) scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Only thing I can think is that we're expecting that there are only two scum. If scum loses one player, that's still half their number.

Uhh it's not dangerous for scum, it's win for scum. All they need to do get this lynch and they've won. Why not go all in? They lynch me, the game is in the bag. You would throw everything on the line to win would you not?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Those On My Left posted:

That's still not a "DO OR DIE ALL IN" situation.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Uhh it's not dangerous for scum, it's win for scum. All they need to do get this lynch and they've won. Why not go all in? They lynch me, the game is in the bag. You would throw everything on the line to win would you not?

But it's not as it's the kind of thing that could bite them on the rear end.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

here's your answer to "why not go all in". if they can leave town to its own devices, and if town fucks this lynch up, scum live to fight another day, and still have a chance to win the game. alternatively, if they "go all in" - if birdstrike comes to gaspy's rescue by falsely accusing you, but no one buys it and everyone lynches gaspy instead - then birdstrike is hosed on the next day, and scum loses. it's actually a risky scum play, not a safe one.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

That's still not a "DO OR DIE ALL IN" situation.

Yes it is. If you two lynch me you've won the game. The game ends after the night kill. No game tomorrow. This is not hard to understand.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Final ploy huh? First you failed, then Birdstrike character role claim failed, then he wants us to believe he's sat on that investigation result for four or so hours, then you come in trying reasonable.

Nice trying to distance each other after your flip.

Are you trying to make me mad again to keep me on the back foot because it won't work. I've risen above it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Yes it is. If you two lynch me you've won the game. The game ends after the night kill. No game tomorrow. This is not hard to understand.

Given that I'm town the same logic then actually applies to you and TOML and you think you're being oh so clever by lampshading it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

here's your answer to "why not go all in". if they can leave town to its own devices, and if town fucks this lynch up, scum live to fight another day, and still have a chance to win the game. alternatively, if they "go all in" - if birdstrike comes to gaspy's rescue by falsely accusing you, but no one buys it and everyone lynches gaspy instead - then birdstrike is hosed on the next day, and scum loses. it's actually a risky scum play, not a safe one.

If they lynch me they win. Why not throw all in? There is no day tomorrow if they lynch me. This is the end game toml! Scum should be trying to risk it all, and they've come out strong with four different tactics against me because I'm the exposed one from the Mith lynch.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

no beet, that's you explaining how scum can wrap things up today.

but if scum fail today, and one of them gets lynched, scum is still alive, and can fight on and still has a chance to win later.

but if town fucks up today, and lynches a townie, then another townie dies tonight, and scum controls the voting tomorrow.

that means it's "do or die" for TOWN, not for scum

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

Trying to be reasonable to distance yourself from Beet eh?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

Yes it is. If you two lynch not-me I've won the game. The game ends after the night kill. No game tomorrow. This is not hard to understand.

fixed it for you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Are you trying to make me mad again to keep me on the back foot because it won't work. I've risen above it.

Well no, because I'm not playing the person I'm playing the game. Stop trying to obfuscate the facts.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

lol, can it gaspy

i'm town and you'll find that out soon enough

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Well no, because I'm not playing the person I'm playing the game. Stop trying to obfuscate the facts.

I'm literally not obfuscating anything. Thought I'd been pretty upfront honestly.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

lol, can it gaspy

i'm town and you'll find that out soon enough

Hhhhhhhhhhow?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Given that I'm town the same logic then actually applies to you and TOML and you think you're being oh so clever by lampshading it.

The logic still stands though, you just defeated what you're saying.

The fact is for the same reasons you had scored up three votes over today's discussion is that you're scum, and bird trying to defend you is scum.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

The logic still stands though, you just defeated what you're saying.

The fact is for the same reasons you had scored up three votes over today's discussion is that you're scum, and bird trying to defend you is scum.

The giveaway is you're not even considering that I'm not scum. Despite the fact that I haven't actually done anything scummy. AND after you lead a lynch on a town. You're running hot and loud but there's nothing there. I'm confident that others will see that.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Hhhhhhhhhhow?

the ggggggggggggggggggame will eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
All of the case against Gaspy is "he's posting in a way I don't like."

The case against Beet is based on
- cop results
- leading two lynches, one successful against confirmed town

and if you don't understand my Gaspy breadcrumbing theory, you don't have to, but the actual evidence against Beet is more than just the way he's posting, okay?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

No beet, that's you explaining how scum can wrap things up today.

but if scum fail today, and one of them gets lynched, scum is still alive, and can fight on and still has a chance to win later.

but if town fucks up today, and lynches a townie, then another townie dies tonight, and scum controls the voting tomorrow.

that means it's "do or die" for TOWN, not for scum

Yes it is do or die for town, and scum have gone all in for the reason I bolded. They are trying to wrap it up and win.

The unbolded part doesn't matter if they win.

They are taking a risk, I think I even called it a gambit before. I've acknowledge this. You've never tried a risky strategy to win a game before ?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

so the thing i still don't get is this

if beet was scum, why did he push so hard on mith? i still reckon that's a risky scum play

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Town should be playing cautiously and open to input, Beet is just saying ITS HIM GET HIM over and over again.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

if beet was scum, why did he push so hard on mith? i still reckon that's a risky scum play

Exactly. And every other post by Beet is claiming that "oh scum wouldn't be so bold to do that!". You can almost hear him winking.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

TOML look at this. There's that arrogant confidence you saw this morning. He knows you're hesitating. He's trying to force you to defend yourself and distance further from me and possibly not vote with me.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Exactly. And every other post by Beet is claiming that "oh scum wouldn't be so bold to do that!". You can almost hear him winking.

actually he did the same thing with a NK in a game a few months ago, and won because everyone was like "nahhhhh that's just scum trying to frame beet"

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Those On My Left posted:

Mith's D2 posts about self hammering were really really anti-town. We're both town (according to my results) and we both went with it, it really wasn't a risky move for scum at all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

The giveaway is you're not even considering that I'm not scum. Despite the fact that I haven't actually done anything scummy. AND after you lead a lynch on a town. You're running hot and loud but there's nothing there. I'm confident that others will see that.

Because I know I'm town and I know bird is lying. So why would he lie and expose himself to defend you if you weren't scum?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

TOML look at this. There's that arrogant confidence you saw this morning. He knows you're hesitating. He's trying to force you to defend yourself and distance further from me and possibly not vote with me.

Or it's me pointing out your logic applies to you too. And making a joke. But you seem pretty desperate.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

Mith's D2 posts about self hammering were really really anti-town. We're both town (according to my results) and we both went with it, it really wasn't a risky move for scum at all.

okay.

thing is even if i vote for beet you need another vote. is it going to be seagull or gwyn?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Town should be playing cautiously and open to input, Beet is just saying ITS HIM GET HIM over and over again.

No I've actually out forward ample reasons this morning. I'm on my phone atm and can't go back to quote them all.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Because I know I'm town and I know bird is lying. So why would he lie and expose himself to defend you if you weren't scum?

So because a cop investigated you and you came up scum we should lynch me. Got it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

okay.

thing is even if i vote for beet you need another vote. is it going to be seagull or gwyn?

Okay i'm off to get my kids and wife. Laters all. Sorry toml. You're wrong and you've been fooled.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'm actually starting to lean more toward beet now. For me it's now a toss up between him and birdstrike (he might be lying after all)

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:f5h::ghost: :suspense: :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

Nobody suspected me of being scum today until I started defending Gaspy. Why the hell would I take that risk if I'm scum?

Alternatively we have a town one vote away from hammer in a lylo situation. That's a huge risk for town, and it one I felt worth taking.

• Locked thread