Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Erik Jones is from the next town over from me.

SRA, is he a good kid? What do you know about him other than he drives good gear very fast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Neodoomium posted:

SRA, is he a good kid? What do you know about him other than he drives good gear very fast?

quote:

"I was sitting on my couch back in North Carolina thinking about when I was going to get my nap in during the race in the middle and then I got a text from one of the crew members and they let me know that I might need to be on standby," Jones said in a Toyota Racing press release. "Right then I started packing a bag. I called my dad and said, 'Hey, I think I might be getting to run a Cup race tonight.' He was like, 'Okay, cool keep me updated.' Took off right from there and flew here and helicoptered in and got in and drove."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Gibbs said Jones made it to Bristol with five minutes to spare. That's wild.

Neodoomium posted:

Not Jones, but I heard yesterday from a family friend who's a longtime Daytona resident that Ben Kennedy is/used to be an entitled prick. SRA?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

Gibbs said Jones made it to Bristol with five minutes to spare. That's wild.

Not Jones, but I heard yesterday from a family friend who's a longtime Daytona resident that Ben Kennedy is/used to be an entitled prick. SRA?

Hmmm someone who is a descendent of the France family is an entitled prick. You don't say.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The Orange Cone ‏@TheOrangeCone 4m4 minutes ago
FACT: Dale Earnhardt never needed a relief driver.

I believe he is wrong if I'm not mistaken?

LASTCAR?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

FuzzySkinner posted:

The Orange Cone ‏@TheOrangeCone 4m4 minutes ago
FACT: Dale Earnhardt never needed a relief driver.

I believe he is wrong if I'm not mistaken?

LASTCAR?

Kevin Harvick

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:thurman:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Muddy Burphy posted:

Kevin Harvick

:drat:.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Muddy Burphy posted:

Kevin Harvick

:wow:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Muddy Burphy posted:

Kevin Harvick

But on point 96 brickyard he needed skinner in the car and Mike Dillon took over his car in the 97 Southern 500.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Muddy Burphy posted:

Kevin Harvick

loving ace

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

Muddy Burphy posted:

Kevin Harvick

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Indi---

Muddy Burphy posted:

Kevin Harvick

Perfect.

EDIT: Dale also had a relief driver in qualifying when Jimmy Hensley put his car on the pole at Martinsville in the fall of 1989. But that was due to Hurricane Hugo interfering with Earnhardt getting to the race, not to injury. Earnhardt drove the car in the race.

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 20, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Oh yeah and in '79 Earnhardt broke both collar bones at Pocono and had to have David Pearson take over the car.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Man Jimmy Hensley, talk about a guy who never got a fair shake. Dude was clearly pretty good but could never get a drive.

The guy beat Biffle, Harvick, Irvin, and Hornaday (who was driving a DEI truck) to win at 53 years old. Ridiculous.

Uncle Jam fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 21, 2015

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Muddy Burphy posted:

Kevin Harvick

Nice one.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Just reported Steve Byrnes has passed away. RIP

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Muddy Burphy posted:

Kevin Harvick

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

BMB5150 posted:

:(

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BMB5150 posted:

Twitter had a campaign going the other day to try to send well wishes to him to recover.

wow this sucks. gently caress cancer.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

Twitter had a campaign going the other day to try to send well wishes to him to recover.

There was also like, the entire race weekend, and the name of the race, dedicated to the guy.

Sucks how quick it happened. RIP

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
Dammit. gently caress cancer. RIP Steve Byrnes.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I'm glad he got to see his race. One twitter pic had him looking like hell so it was time ticking.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

I'm glad he got to see his race. One twitter pic had him looking like hell so it was time ticking.

christ don't actually go to his twitter to look at his recent pictures :smith:

rip steve

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Cubey posted:

christ don't actually go to his twitter to look at his recent pictures :smith:

rip steve

Yeah I saw it when he first posted it so yeah don't look at the pic its not good.

Also Harvick is at the whitehouse and be funny to report to the secret service the Kevin Harvick Facebook page.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There was a massive "Send him more well wishes because he needs them" campaign yesterday on Twitter. It felt like something was bad wrong.

poo poo. :(

e- There's a well-produced, Ken Squier-narrated tribute to open RaceHub. They must've known this was coming a while ago.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 21, 2015

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/21/ken-squier-narrates-nascar-america-tribute-to-broadcaster-steve-byrnes-video/

Ken Squier narrating a clip about Steve Byrnes :smith:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I just saw the news. gently caress man, that sucks. Lost one of the best. RIP Steve

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Thanks, Tony. No, thank YOU.

:smith:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

anotherblownsave posted:

I just saw the news. gently caress man, that sucks. Lost one of the best. RIP Steve

:( This is just such bullshit. gently caress cancer.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 22, 2015

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- There's a well-produced, Ken Squier-narrated tribute to open RaceHub. They must've known this was coming a while ago.

This is sad that Racehub had so much already canned for this with all of the highlights and interviews. I'd say his prognosis was terminal and catching pneumonia was everyone knowing it was the end. :smith:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

BMB5150 posted:

This is sad that Racehub had so much already canned for this with all of the highlights and interviews. I'd say his prognosis was terminal and catching pneumonia was everyone knowing it was the end. :smith:

Unfortunately, when a cancer patient catches pneumonia like that that's usually the end. I've lost two family members to cancer (one just a couple of weeks ago, actually, which is probably part of the reason why this hurts so much) and both of them ended up in the ICU with pneumonia shortly before they died. The chemo just wrecks you.

This, for some reason, really broke my heart:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Elitist Bitch posted:

gently caress cancer.

Elitist Bitch posted:

(one just a couple of weeks ago, actually, which is probably part of the reason why this hurts so much)

sorry to hear that man, my grandpa passed away last year of lymphoma. it loving sucks.

RIP steve

wicka fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 22, 2015

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Broadcasting lost one of the best.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I thought the Racehub was really well done.

On the racing front, the rumor is Erik Jones takes over the 18 at Kansas with Ragan moving to the 55.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Harvick you magnificent bastard! I read your book!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Muddy Burphy posted:

On the racing front, the rumor is Erik Jones takes over the 18 at Kansas with Ragan moving to the 55.

Gotta get Jones ready to take over that 11 car next year!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

That hurts

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
How many beers does it take to cause neck spasms? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Shakes usually come from not drinking enough.

Pussy

• Locked thread