Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ok, super stupid newbie question. For GTA online what displays, my account name (EG: Galaga) or my charactern's name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011
I sniped someone out of a jet today, it was pretty neat: https://gfycat.com/GloriousRepentantKangaroo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ok, super stupid newbie question. For GTA online what displays, my account name (EG: Galaga) or my charactern's name?

rockstar account name, i believe.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
They should make a new addon that includes at least like one "Big Garage" or something that lets you store a small number of big vehicles. Like trucks or busses. Also an armored death bus would be the best thing ever.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nuebot posted:

They should make a new addon that includes at least like one "Big Garage" or something that lets you store a small number of big vehicles. Like trucks or busses. Also an armored death bus would be the best thing ever.

Single Player lets you use hangars for this, so I presume if they ever add it to GTA Online it'll use those.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

Single Player lets you use hangars for this, so I presume if they ever add it to GTA Online it'll use those.

Oh okay I never really played single player much. Why can't we have hangars in online? It can't be a balance issue because anyone with millions can just rent a ton of planes and helicopters and tanks anyway. Letting us own one and paint it pink won't destroy the game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

socialsecurity posted:

I don't understand racing in this, I have a car with max speed stat but going full speed people just cruize by me like I'm on a moped then I get stuck in the back where everyone jus

host your own races basically

some races have customs enabled which means you are outclassed if you don't have an upgraded car, but the worst part, is slipstream and catchup which are enabled by default and are a huge loving crutch

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nuebot posted:

Oh okay I never really played single player much. Why can't we have hangars in online? It can't be a balance issue because anyone with millions can just rent a ton of planes and helicopters and tanks anyway. Letting us own one and paint it pink won't destroy the game.

Honestly because there's like two total in GTA V: the Sandy Shores hangar is available for Trevor, and Michael and Franklin can each buy space in the hangar at LSIA (it's the one right by the eastern entry to the tarmac). And of those, the LSIA one normally doesn't have a way to get back out without busting through the fence over on the western side of the airport.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

BitBasher posted:

If you have a PS4 and want to learn the ways of racing, I can sing you the song of my peoples.

it's a good song

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Not getting any hits so crossposting a question from the PC thread hoping some PS4 or xbone users can shed some light:

I've read a lot of conflicting info-- can you still unlock mods by running solo races? Just trying to get my Sultan in order and not really looking to run a zillion races that I have to take ultra-seriously to do it.

Pretty sure you can not. Most of us just traded wins with a friend on a really short single-lap race. I think Criminal Records was the track of choice.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

geeves posted:

So I created a small tool to match people up for heists since nobody on PC knows who everyone is at the moment. I couldn't figure out how best to do this with a google form, so I made it myself.

I only spent a couple of hours on it so it sucks but it does what is expected.

You can Host a heist - set a day and a time or join one that someone already has made. Right now it's for complete heists. All or nothing. Not sure it would be worth it to break them down further. That just sounds like a headache.

PM me with feed back or if something is very wrong or missing.

http://soulglo.com/goonheists/

lljk / fallinintheblak

If you break it. gently caress you but actually tell me so I can fix it. :)

This is looking good hope it catches on.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Is it 'normal' that my stats in the "recently joined player" tab when joining a job are completely off? I'm slightly worried something got hosed, because the second time I logged into online, my first vehicle also had a different color then when I left it.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So I was just driving around in the desert and notice shots coming at me from a ways away, so i head towards it and he starts shooting me more and then just keeps shooting and shooting and shooting, and then he starts shooting rockets at me, and throwing explosives, and just being a general shitlord who has no loving clue what is going on and I am just driving around in circles laughing my rear end off at him wasting ammo on a guy who is clearly in passive mode

Then he says this and I laughed even harder

Then my game crashed with no error other than the exe stopped responding or whatever.

God damnit. If it isn't d3d_init failed (Which I recently figured out how to avoid, and have successfully played single-player for extensive periods of time) then it is just normal crashes? I literally just started up the game.

Also how do people who shoot this much at people still have a white dot? Aren't they supposed to be red/pink if they are shooting people who haven't done poo poo? Unless he just fails so hard that he hasn't killed anyone with all those explosives

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Badly Jester posted:

Is it 'normal' that my stats in the "recently joined player" tab when joining a job are completely off? I'm slightly worried something got hosed, because the second time I logged into online, my first vehicle also had a different color then when I left it.

Yeah, it's normal.

Funny thing is: It is your stats, just jumbled a bit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Skwee posted:

Also how do people who shoot this much at people still have a white dot? Aren't they supposed to be red/pink if they are shooting people who haven't done poo poo? Unless he just fails so hard that he hasn't killed anyone with all those explosives

You have to kill near on 20/30 people to get fully red/pink.

I love how good the Insurgent is at taking fire, I dropped into another freeroam with some random goon to be shot 5/6 times with the rocket launcher as I honked my horn. I shrugged it off and ran him over.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So does anyone have else have a problem where sometimes you'll click to start a job or continue after a job and it'll just hang there forever and never progress beyond that screen? Is there anything you an do short of ALT+F4ing out of the game?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I like seeing goons get mowed down by other goons because they haven't realized what the pink outline around their dot means yet.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Party Plane Jones posted:

You have to kill near on 20/30 people to get fully red/pink.

I love how good the Insurgent is at taking fire, I dropped into another freeroam with some random goon to be shot 5/6 times with the rocket launcher as I honked my horn. I shrugged it off and ran him over.

Oh I thought it was like 5

Idk i've only killed 1 guy in freeroam and that was cuz he was shooting me when I wasn't passive. I haven't done free-roam much obviously. Mostly just racing so far.

How do you get your mental state to go down if you have it go up? Just don't kill dudes?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ShadowMar posted:

I like seeing goons get mowed down by other goons because they haven't realized what the pink outline around their dot means yet.

I always try to play friendly. drive up, honk, wave. If they attack me, it's game time though.

Also i just found out you can access the RSC stuff quickly by holding the back button, and then hitting the right shoulder button.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

My favorite type of randoms, are the ones who just unlock grenades and other explosives. So they constantly destroy eachother, themselves and the mission objectives then wonder why they keep failing.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

I keep crashing out when trying to shoot flares from a vehicle. I just want to drive-by set people on fire :smith:

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

COOL my Social Club account was hacked! Heads up for everyone. Change your passwords.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

neurotech posted:

COOL my Social Club account was hacked! Heads up for everyone. Change your passwords.

My original password was simple as hell, when social club first started, there were no password requirements. 123456 was ok.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Skwee posted:

[...]

God damnit. If it isn't d3d_init failed (Which I recently figured out how to avoid, and have successfully played single-player for extensive periods of time) then it is just normal crashes? I literally just started up the game.

How did you avoid it? I'm randomly crashing in singleplayer (only there) with the ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT error/crashed driver but the general "solutions" (underclock, new driver, disable vsync and a few others) out there don't work for me.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yo, who wants to Blow Up 2 some cars in a tank, and get me some sweet, sweet, RP in the process?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Everyone in GTA is running these riced out million dollar supercars and I'm just here on the school run. Responsibility people!

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

neurotech posted:

Powershift posted:

My original password was simple as hell, when social club first started, there were no password requirements. 123456 was ok.

I thought the issue was that these russian hackers or whoever had gotten a database with the passwords inside? There was someone posting about a pastebin full of compromised accounts earlier and that made it seem like the case. If that's true then password strength wouldn't really matter.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Like my actual job in IT, I wish I could block all Russian/Chinese traffic in games I play as well.

Also, what si the best way to grind money o utside of heists ?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

The issue is that the Social Club allows you to change your email address without any verification process.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So is there any way to get the lost van in your garage? I like it a lot and I know the heist updated added one like it, but it's not the same.

I kind of wish someone would compile a list of unobtainable/rare/secret vehicles in GTAOnline.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

orcane posted:

How did you avoid it? I'm randomly crashing in singleplayer (only there) with the ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT error/crashed driver but the general "solutions" (underclock, new driver, disable vsync and a few others) out there don't work for me.

Yeah those solutions didnt work for me either I tried everything before I eventually just decided to try and turn my settings down from what I SHOULD be able to run the game at, to what makes it so the game doesn't crash after 2 hours.

For me these work:
DX10.1 (I think this might be the main thing that is causing crashes for some reason? I suggested changing DX lvl to someone else and he said he still crashed on 10.1 when he was on 11 before, but when he changed it to DX10 then it ran fine)
Textures very high
everything else high.

I've played singleplayer for 6 or so hours before I quit on my own. Before I could only play for 30 min - 2 hours.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
So are Noose invulnerable to everything but headshots on hard? I did the Prison Break as the prisoner today and it's really loving annoying trying to snipe the guards across the courtyard wit ha pistol while they do their banana peel routine for 5 minutes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CJ posted:

So are Noose invulnerable to everything but headshots on hard? I did the Prison Break as the prisoner today and it's really loving annoying trying to snipe the guards across the courtyard wit ha pistol while they do their banana peel routine for 5 minutes.

not invulnerable, but they have a lot of armor to get through. that's one of the parts i use a controller for if i'm in a lobby with auto aim on. just auto aim, push forward a bit for the head, and unload

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

CJ posted:

The way my friend and I set it up is I'd be officer and have all the sniping weapons and he'd just make sure the prisoner and him were pulling agro. I'd just headshot everything and we were on our merry way. I actually need to retry that mission with a controller to see if the auto-aim is better than my mouse aiming. Make liberal use of the cover that the towers give; the fences all have open doors to use. Wave 1 (after rescue) is the hardest but the waves get easier as you move (there are 4 total) and unless your other 2 teammates are idiots (c'mon guys, it's not that hard to just make sure you're not in the jet's line of sight) it's a breeze.

I say this as the person who has never caused a failure but has failed that goddamn heist 20 times.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I don't think i'm ever going to do that as a prisoner again. If the guards would either drop a scoped weapon for me or aim for the head themselves it would be easy, but trying to snipe people with a pistol or smg from such a far distance that the resolution of the game is inhibiting your ability to aim while the pubbie guard unloads clip into their ankles is pure torture.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I randomly got to redesign my character last night after leveling up, and rejoining free mode. Is that something that happens when you hit a certain level, or was that some weird bug?

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Orgophlax posted:

I randomly got to redesign my character last night after leveling up, and rejoining free mode. Is that something that happens when you hit a certain level, or was that some weird bug?

Check your garage/apartment - this happened to me after setting my active Crew to LLJK, and I immediately lost everything I'd purchased.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Creepy Goat posted:

Check your garage/apartment - this happened to me after setting my active Crew to LLJK, and I immediately lost everything I'd purchased.

I don't have anything as I lost a garage/vehicle in the original transfer from 360-PC.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Orgophlax posted:

i think it's when you login after hitting level 6.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

CJ posted:

I don't think i'm ever going to do that as a prisoner again. If the guards would either drop a scoped weapon for me or aim for the head themselves it would be easy, but trying to snipe people with a pistol or smg from such a far distance that the resolution of the game is inhibiting your ability to aim while the pubbie guard unloads clip into their ankles is pure torture.

If you don't mind spending a bit of money, go to ammunation on your way to the prison, buy the free special carbine and a bit of ammo as well as armor. It goes away if you're killed so don't buy all. If you're with a nice prison guard, they should drop you a spare assault rifle and ammo before you get on the bus if you have to restart.

Orgophlax posted:

I don't have anything as I lost a garage/vehicle in the original transfer from 360-PC.

When was the last time you logged into GTA on 360? Can you still view your garage on your linked 360 account? File a ticket with Rockstar. They might not give you the vehicles, because that would be doing their jobs, but they may give you money to compensate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

geeves posted:

If you don't mind spending a bit of money, go to ammunation on your way to the prison, buy the free special carbine and a bit of ammo as well as armor. It goes away if you're killed so don't buy all. If you're with a nice prison guard, they should drop you a spare assault rifle and ammo before you get on the bus if you have to restart.

When was the last time you logged into GTA on 360? Can you still view your garage on your linked 360 account? File a ticket with Rockstar. They might not give you the vehicles, because that would be doing their jobs, but they may give you money to compensate.

I last logged in like a month after the 360 release, then traded it in after deciding to just wait for the PC version, so I couldn't log into it first to update before transferring. And I already filed a ticket with them, so we'll see what happens there.

• Locked thread