Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Yodzilla posted:

Figured this should go here.

"vantage" point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rurea posted:

Somebody in the Jurassic World said that if the I-Rex's skull was actually that big, it would be over 90 feet long and weigh like a million tons.

I'm ok with a poster taking creative liberties.

Edit: Fixed

morestuff fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 21, 2015

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Is it supposed to be creating a subtle "4" figure?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
No, not only is it so "subtle" that I still can't see it, I really doubt they want to attach a 4 to the movie and remind people that Jurassic Park 3 existed,

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

The MSJ posted:

Cinemacon brings new posters.

Wanna point out that Napoleon Dynamite's name is spelled "John Heder" under his portrait and "Jon Heder" in the bottom credits.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
How the gently caress did someone think it was a good idea to make a movie about Walt Disney that isn't part of the Disney company.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

sbaldrick posted:

How the gently caress did someone think it was a good idea to make a movie about Walt Disney that isn't part of the Disney company.

Someone with no approval or permission to do so.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is this going to be another Escape From Tomorrow type situation where they can narrowly avoid getting sued by Disney if they adhere to certain conditions?

Also:

Ahahahaha

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe if they don't actually use any trademarked Disney art they could be okay. Although that does leave them in a goofy position where they're making a movie about an artist becoming famous and can't show what it is he drew.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

muscles like this? posted:

Maybe if they don't actually use any trademarked Disney art they could be okay. Although that does leave them in a goofy position where they're making a movie about an artist becoming famous and can't show what it is he drew.

Kinda too loving late on that, yo.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Waffleman_ posted:

Kinda too loving late on that, yo.

That's just a cloud, it can be whatever you want it to be.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

sbaldrick posted:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
"No see, its Walt before Mickey Rourke. We have no mentions of the mouse."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's Mickey Mantle's origin story.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 22, 2015

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Man, it's been 27 years and Willow is STILL getting people to give him piggybacks.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

I really like the 'bad things happen everywhere' tagline. Because they are. All the time. Bad things are always happening.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Man, it's been 27 years and Willow is STILL getting people to give him piggybacks.

That's rude. Willow almost made all its money back.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Poster Six-Pack: Random Stuff from my Movie Posters File Edition.

I really like this poster. Never seen the film, of course.

Been meaning to see this for a while. Although Ed Harris seems less than thrilled to be there, Boris vallejo art or not.

Well, uh... whee-doggie, I guess?

Optician required on the set of "Thriller, Part II", stat!

I hope "Soul Picker" is a kung-fu banjo player.

Michael Douglas has been replaced for the better.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Knightriders loving rules.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Knightriders loving rules.

Yeah, but that poster is kinda selling a different picture. Don't go in expecting some post-apocalypse knights-on-motorcycles, because that's definitely not this movie. It's much more in line with Easy Rider with Arthurian elements. The central focus is like some proto-Renaissance or Medieval Faire traveling troupe that just happens to use bikes instead of horses.

Also, it's funny that the same guy who plays the lawyer in Jurassic Park plays an entertainment lawyer/agent in this as well.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Young Freud posted:

Also, it's funny that the same guy who plays the lawyer in Jurassic Park plays an entertainment lawyer/agent in this as well.

Some people just have a calling.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, but that poster is kinda selling a different picture. Don't go in expecting some post-apocalypse knights-on-motorcycles, because that's definitely not this movie. It's much more in line with Easy Rider with Arthurian elements. The central focus is like some proto-Renaissance or Medieval Faire traveling troupe that just happens to use bikes instead of horses.

Its kinda difficult to describe what that movie even is, but yeah, definitely not some kind of action film. L

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Michael Douglas has been replaced for the better.

Goddamn, that's some crazy yonic imagery right there.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Goddamn, that's some crazy yonic imagery right there.

Yikes, I never even noticed that element. Blindsided by the rest of the crazy sleaze, I guess.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

This summer, Disney brings you giant heads looming over a future city.

I'm getting severe "Sky Captain" flop vibes from this.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

lelandjs posted:

*eye twitch*

All that work put into making the new foliage in the window match up and they didn't make sure that the window... rivets were evenly spaced? :argh:

Yo I'm gonna blow your mind: go check out where the hinges on your doors are.

Then measure the distance between them and the top/bottom.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Corek posted:

Brad Bird has yet to do wrong.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Iron Giant, while amazing, was a flop.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

GonSmithe posted:

Iron Giant, while amazing, was a flop.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

All three of these things seem pretty true.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Fritz Feld! <pop> :3:

Pity about that stroke Don had...

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Yodzilla posted:

The perspective might not be great in the original, but I like the way it divides the poster better. The "fixed" simply boxes her in too much. Could probably have both a proper perspective AND that equal division of the poster at the same time though.

Rurea posted:

Somebody in the Jurassic World said that if the I-Rex's skull was actually that big, it would be over 90 feet long and weigh like a million tons.
I'm pretty sure I actually underestimated the size of the thing, since I figured they had just totally hosed with the skull in the first place, which meant I underestimated its length. The I. rex could be well over a 100 feet long.

morestuff posted:

I'm ok with a poster taking creative liberties.
Hey, I said as much when I guessed the scale of it in the other thread, which I only did because someone pointed that it looked way bigger on the poster than in the trailer.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Holy smokes that a big dinosaur.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peppermint Patty, Marcie and Schroeder posters for The Peanuts Movie.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Shockingly, Marcie will not be voiced by Zooey Deschanel.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Get Bill Duke to voice Charlie Brown.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mr Jaunts posted:

Shockingly, Marcie will not be voiced by Zooey Deschanel.

The dude who voices Tina from Bob's Burgers.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
They're actually using a cast of real kids instead of celebrity voice actors so that's one thing the movie's got going for it.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Sleeveless posted:

They're actually using a cast of real kids instead of celebrity voice actors so that's one thing the movie's got going for it.

Thank god. That was always the best thing about the Peanuts animated stuff.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I dunno, I think an H. Jon Benjamin Charlie Brown would work.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I really enjoyed the Peanuts movie. The kids sound perfect. Many people at my work thought it was "boring" but I dug a little and they didn't actually watch the movies or read the books as a kid like I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

kiimo posted:

I really enjoyed the Peanuts movie. The kids sound perfect. Many people at my work thought it was "boring" but I dug a little and they didn't actually watch the movies or read the books as a kid like I did.

Wait, it doesn't come out till November I thought.