Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

didn't even have to say lena dunham

Legend has it that if you look into a mirror and say Lena Dunham three times, Whip appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Helldump Immunity. posted:

A glorious time to be in the defense industry.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Lazy Reservist posted:

Legend has it that if you look into a mirror and say Lena Dunham three times, Whip appears.

not true, but he will get an erection

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Rad Lieutenant posted:

not true, but he will get an erection

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRB0sxw-YU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I'm gonna have to re-take pretty much all of the classes I took this semester. This one just slowly fell the gently caress apart and it can't be saved at this point. :smith:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

didn't even have to say lena dunham

You rang???

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6O0-okZlj0

:nws: btw

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
whip why u leave the krew

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

because ralp who is secretly ozma

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I would make sex on all these skinny white ladies

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I feel like I've accidentally started a cult

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

watching the best american film tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG0Wz0Upq_E

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I feel like these always have a common theme but I'm not quite sure what it is...

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 22, 2015

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I feel like these always have a common theme but I'm not quite sure what it is...

Them all panting for breath after smashing the scales?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:yikes:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

u kno u would

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

u kno u would

yea i would roll that beached whale back out to sea i suppose

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
fat ugly bitches need love too

just not from me

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Three finals down, two do go. Then I get a whole week off before the Summer semester starts.

Woke up at 6am yesterday to go to an 8am final. Showed up early and found out that class doesn't have a final. How did I miss that memo?

Oh well, found my grade report in my school mailbox and I got a B in that class.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Our finals start next friday. Taking calculus and physics over the summer, because some chucklefuck somewhere decided that those were necessary for a biology degree :negative:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I have some job leads in 'frisco. Stereotypes aside, what's it like out there? I'm worried about the cost of living in the area.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

I have some job leads in 'frisco. Stereotypes aside, what's it like out there? I'm worried about the cost of living in the area.

SF is pretty alright, I travel out there a lot for work and it's one of the better places I have been to and I would love to go out there if I could get paid decently to do so.

As far as working out there is concerned there is a big difference between SF proper and the Bay Area. Are the leads in SF or in East Bay or what?

CoL in SF is NYC levels, so get comfortable with the idea of having three or four roommates or living an hour (without traffic) outside of the city.

Traffic is terrible, but there are tons of great bars and restaurants and beautiful women everywhere, and it seems like a ton of them are French, so if that's a thing you like then it's a good place o be.

If I were going to move out there and I worked in the city, I would probably try to live in Daly City or South San Francisco, and do a ride share or take the bus in every day.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The jobs are in Foster City, so not exactly SF proper.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Cost of living is high. Gas is always 1 dollar or more over the national average. An apartment will run you 1800+ for a 1 bedroom unless you go into rather lovely areas or get really really really lucky. A house will be around 800k+ unless you go kind of far out to say Antioch, then you can find a pretty nice place for around 575k.

But you're going to be in the sw bay area that I don't know a lot about, but everything SE if you would be silicon valley and even higher priced.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The jobs are in Foster City, so not exactly SF proper.
Foster City is a waterfront development in San Mateo county, right across the bridge from Hayward. Unless the job you're interviewing for is "tech millionaire," you're probably not going to be able to afford a home in San Mateo due to the massive upward pressure on the housing market from other tech millionaires. The good news is, you can live in the East Bay for "relatively" cheap, and depending on your tolerance for a commute, Oakland could be an option. Public transit is not as extensive in the South Bay compared to the city proper or places on the BART line, but it's still miles ahead of most places. Bay Area traffic is a snarling, making GBS threads, screaming nightmare that makes you want to kill everyone and die. You get used to it. Gas prices are high, taxes are high, wages aren't always keeping up. Real estate, local government and brunch are all full contact sports.

I love the Bay Area. It's one of the most beautiful places on earth, and you can find almost anything you're interested in, if you look hard enough.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm shooting for ~70k and it sounds like that might not be great for the area. Thanks for the input guys.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Also remember if you decide to live on the other side of the bay you will be paying a toll for the bridge every single day. Currently I think it's about 5 bucks (I never take the e-w bridges just to Benicia once and a while and that one is 5 bucks).

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I'm shooting for ~70k and it sounds like that might not be great for the area. Thanks for the input guys.

Depending on your situation, 70k is a reasonable wage in the Bay Area. You're not going to be able to live like a king the way you could in Arkansas, but if you get a job offer, there's no reason not to ask to start at a higher bracket due to cost of living. All they can say is "no."

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

70k is fine, but you'd have to live pretty far east in Vallejo or so by my guess. Or just get lucky. loving tech companies. I mean, assuming you don't want to spend mostly all of your money on rent.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2RUVnTlvs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

She does an excellent Tammy Taylor.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I like Amy Schumer.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I like Amy Schumer.

Her standup is kinda boring but her show is awesome.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I live in San Leandro, which is right across the bay from foster city. I have a 1 bedroom apartment for a decent rent so it's possible to find a decent place in here. It's just hard as gently caress.

But if ya accept the job and ya need a place to crash for a couple of days I got a sex dungeon inflatable mattress for you.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'M CHUBBY AND GIVE SLOPPY HEAD teehee

*is amy schumer's standup routine*

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpsI8mWKmg

Not going to lie I had completely forgotten about Patricia Arquette until I saw this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpsI8mWKmg

Not going to lie I had completely forgotten about Patricia Arquette until I saw this.

holy poo poo that is patricia arquette

dang

• Locked thread