Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Sizzler brings back such fond memories of eating with my parents when I was a child. When I went as an adult I was so confused at the concept, but it wasn't bad.

When would Sizzler even be able to run that promo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

StormDrain posted:

Sizzler brings back such fond memories of eating with my parents when I was a child. When I went as an adult I was so confused at the concept, but it wasn't bad.

When would Sizzler even be able to run that promo?
It looks like it's intended for prospective franchisees.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I don't necessarily hate this but I was surprised when I saw it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMUbqNi-sUk

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Most Credit Karma ads are pretty bad, but the latest one where the ditsy woman had her credit score tattooed on her arm may be the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbU4w6BN3Cc

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Gonz posted:

I'm pretty sure we never had a Sizzler growing up in Michigan. The midwest version of Sizzler was Ponderosa.

Same in Ohio.

That ominous whisper at the end caps it off beautifully.

"...ssSIZZLERhh..."

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Phobic Nest posted:

Same in Ohio.

That ominous whisper at the end caps it off beautifully.

"...ssSIZZLERhh..."

I literally started whispering Sizzler to my friend at work after showing him this. I almost died when I heard it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

Most Credit Karma ads are pretty bad, but the latest one where the ditsy woman had her credit score tattooed on her arm may be the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbU4w6BN3Cc

You know the Nazis made the Jews wear their credit scores on their arms too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dodge has a series of commercials starring a reality show douchebag and a cgi monkey where they act like the Dodge Police, arresting people for misusing their cars. Doing such things as "driving the speed limit," "listening to classical music" or "eating a croissant."

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

muscles like this? posted:

Dodge has a series of commercials starring a reality show douchebag and a cgi monkey where they act like the Dodge Police, arresting people for misusing their cars. Doing such things as "driving the speed limit," "listening to classical music" or "eating a croissant."

Oh yeah, because following the law is totally misuse of a vehicle.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Nerdfest X posted:

Can we just stop with the completely fake scripted focus group study commercials already, though? It's fake. And scripted. Stop with the street interview "which one would you choose?" bullshit. There are WAY too many of these.

I'd sooner they got rid of "reality" television in general.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The last straw for me with those was the Burger King man on the street style ad where they wanted to change the $5 bill to something ridiculous.

It was just dumb and if they were even really trying to get real people to stop and talk to this guy clearly nobody was biting.

The "how much do you think these 10 nuggets should cost" one was pretty bad too. $1.49 was a good price but that kid guessed like $5 or more which just tells me that he doesn't understand the value of things.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

It feels like this year there's been something of a resurgence of "effeminate pussies (probably gay, pff) don't drive our car" commercials, because this definitely isn't the first one

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mercedes should counter with a huge Nordic dude tearing rear end around a city blasting the poo poo out of some Wagner.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

This is beautiful and makes me proud to be an American. :911: I grew up right down the street from a Sizzler in the very beating heart of the Midwest and remember it being packed even as a kid.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sizzler - A Whites-Only Restaurant (Don't Be Alarmed By Our Token Black Placed In Each Restaurant For Color)

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
That's a BOLD statement! :haw:

Mary! :argh:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Pierce and Pierce posted:

Apparently, that guy's mom used to make him lovely breakfast tacos growing up.

That guy's mom is WEIRD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think he was just talking about the biscuits.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
That's the Sizzler way
Get a little free-dom in yooooooour liiiiiiife
Sizzler gets freedom in your liiiiiiiife
:patriot:

....sizzler...
:zpatriot:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

I think he was just talking about the biscuits.

If taco bell makes better biscuits than his mom then his mom might just be a lovely cook.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The thing that bugs me is the whole "breakfast defector" thing, like it's some counterculture-esque act of defiance to eat lovely fast food.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

razorrozar posted:

The thing that bugs me is the whole "breakfast defector" thing, like it's some counterculture-esque act of defiance to eat lovely fast food.

"gently caress you, dad! McDonald's breakfast burritos are poo poo!"

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

razorrozar posted:

There's this annoying radio ad for that breakfast defector poo poo that's made up to sound like the commercial is a signal intrusion with lots of static and station interference while the guy says "*static* WE'LL BE *static* AT *station interference* TACO BELL EVERY *static* MORNING AT *station interference* 7 AM *static* WAKE UP *station interference* LIVE MAS *static*"

Makes me want to never visit a Taco Bell in my life again simply because it's so awful and annoying to listen to.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

You Are A Elf posted:

There's this annoying radio ad for that breakfast defector poo poo that's made up to sound like the commercial is a signal intrusion with lots of static and station interference while the guy says "*static* WE'LL BE *static* AT *station interference* TACO BELL EVERY *static* MORNING AT *station interference* 7 AM *static* WAKE UP *station interference* LIVE MAS *static*"

Makes me want to never visit a Taco Bell in my life again simply because it's so awful and annoying to listen to.

Yeah I hear this poo poo constantly on radio and the line that always gets me is "if you're tired of eating circular sandwiches every day, come to Taco Bell [so you can eat a sandwich shaped like a hexagon]"

But really pretty much all of Taco Bell's ad campaigns confuse me and I still eat there, so shrug

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Vicas posted:

But really pretty much all of Taco Bell's ad campaigns confuse me and I still eat there, so shrug

I manage to skip a lot of commercials via DVR these days, but does Taco Bell still do terrible edits of their ads?

The first week of a new ad you'll see the thirty second version which may be dumb but at least makes sense.

After that you get the half-length edit which makes no sense unless you saw the full version.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
New GEICO ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJE9C7vO8qw

Cat is thinking, "I'll eat your eyeballs first."

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I wish I had a term for this makes me feel. It's like she's trying to relate with hipness or something, but it's about awful food so it falls so flat.

My new favorite thing to hate is commercials that have several different people reading the same exact copy and they just cut between them 800 times. I've noticed it a lot more lately and I think it first started with those dumb Gazelle.com commercials.

Those and the ones where they are pretending to have phone testimonial audio while showing smiling people who could be that voice but aren't. What is the point?

Faustian Bargain fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 20, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Faustian Bargain posted:

Those and the ones where they are pretending to have phone testimonial audio while showing smiling people who could be that voice but aren't. What is the point?
Similarly: Radio ads with testimonials put through a filter to make them sound like phone calls. It's a commercial. I know it's a commercial. Everybody knows that. I know people aren't calling in live to my radio station during ad breaks to offer hot takes on car insurance. It would be unreasonable for me to expect that. Just stop. Holy poo poo.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hazo posted:

Similarly: Radio ads with testimonials put through a filter to make them sound like phone calls. It's a commercial. I know it's a commercial. Everybody knows that. I know people aren't calling in live to my radio station during ad breaks to offer hot takes on car insurance. It would be unreasonable for me to expect that. Just stop. Holy poo poo.

Similarly, car dealers doing the "man on the lot" interview like this

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
The Vistaprint commercial where the dad hands over his bakery to his son is just disgustingly cheesy. I want to throw something at the TV everytime I hear the song start.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
dae big data????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbxfJ7yNkPA

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Hazo posted:

Croissanwich time!

gently caress that goddamn annoying staged radio ad. gently caress it so much.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hazo posted:

Worse than those are the radio ads that pretend to be morning zoo shows coming back from commercial, where the fake hosts spend like 2 minutes excitedly talking about whatever is coming on that night on NBC primetime or whatever. Who the gently caress do they think they're fooling with that one? Even if you were station hopping and didn't know it was an actual show, you'd know in another couple minutes when the real show comes back from commercial, and then you're just going to say "gently caress you" to whatever they were plugging for being disingenuous.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Haha biology nerds are going to get so mad over that new Toyota 4Runner commercial where they refer to snakes as "poisonous."

It's me. I'm that nerd.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

raditts posted:

Worse than those are the radio ads that pretend to be morning zoo shows coming back from commercial, where the fake hosts spend like 2 minutes excitedly talking about whatever is coming on that night on NBC primetime or whatever. Who the gently caress do they think they're fooling with that one? Even if you were station hopping and didn't know it was an actual show, you'd know in another couple minutes when the real show comes back from commercial, and then you're just going to say "gently caress you" to whatever they were plugging for being disingenuous.

The radio ads that sound like a talk show coming back from a commercial. Yeah, right, like I'm going to believe that a talk show about mortgage refinancing took a break to play Mandatory Metallica. Yes, I listen to a station that still does Mandatory Metallica.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

i can't believe datablending is a word

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

rockinricky posted:

The radio ads that sound like a talk show coming back from a commercial. Yeah, right, like I'm going to believe that a talk show about mortgage refinancing took a break to play Mandatory Metallica. Yes, I listen to a station that still does Mandatory Metallica.

They don't call you rockinricky for nothin'!

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjv-_s9BgU

Kevin Spacey looks like an embalmed corpse in this commercial and it's creepy as poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vanderdeath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjv-_s9BgU

Kevin Spacey looks like an embalmed corpse in this commercial and it's creepy as poo poo.

Except the toe shoe fad has mostly died down, especially since Vibram had to pay out a settlement because of misleading ads (or something.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Except the toe shoe fad has mostly died down, especially since Vibram had to pay out a settlement because of misleading ads (or something.)

I really love the apparent use case here. You happen to notice that in one particular walmart in bumfuck, nowhere, USA this one item is super popular (at the time you happen to be there), and this is clearly enough to make you realize that their stock can only go up up up. You have literally no time to consider the investment because you need to scan that poo poo and get trading NOW