Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Is the Karin Sultan a returning player exclusive? From what I can see online it doesn't appear to but it's not on Southernsanandreassuperautos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Rockstar is so dedicated to immersion that they refuse to spawn a car directly in front of you, in a game where previously you could drive so fast that the game world could not keep up loading for you.

spin the camera around in circles, it should appear right beside you.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Is the Karin Sultan a returning player exclusive? From what I can see online it doesn't appear to but it's not on Southernsanandreassuperautos.

It's not exclusive, it's just a rare random spawn and is not for sale on either in-game site.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Slim Killington posted:

It's not exclusive, it's just a rare random spawn and is not for sale on either in-game site.

drat lying wiki. Guess I'll just spam the prison parking lot till I find one.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

i don't see it either and i've been playing from launch. i stole mine off the street like a common hooligan.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Are you saying the gat came back?

The very next day? :haw:

Actually, this describes my situation spot-on.

I miss my cat. She's at my parents house.

But yeah. I have guns I no longer want. Help adopt a gun, keep it from homelessness (and me).

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Wrong thread.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 23, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is the coil worth getting? It seems like it's strong suit (acceleration) is pointless compared to top speed considering how many of the upgrades jack up acceleration. I want to get one eventually cause I kinda like the sound of it, but for now I'm prioritizing cars that are good and fast at getting from point A to B outside of races.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

geeves posted:

I would find it much more hilarious if you were mugged and the mugger ran off with your minigun.

I already use muggers constantly, but the other day I wondered how infuriated people would be if muggers could steal your phone and lock you out of merryweather/mechanic/pegasus until you got it back or something. I mean, that's probably going full-retard but I'd love to see the anguish it would cause when I randomly call Lamar on some dude with a mic.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Right after posting that I found 2 at once in the prison parking lot. We subaru now.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Right after posting that I found 2 at once in the prison parking lot. We subaru now.

That's pretty imprezave luck.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
check out this beauty I just spent $250k tuning up (including the mint green neon kit you can't see in the photos:

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

nice garage bro

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Spending 200k tuning up lovely cars is more fun than buying boring rear end super cars.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

check out this beauty I just spent $250k tuning up (including the mint green neon kit you can't see in the photos:

It needs door-mounted miniguns like the Valkyrie.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

A chimp with explosive rounds. Awesome.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Slim Killington posted:

Okay, so this brings me to another entirely new question- I've gotten into a lot of stolen vehicles and have tried to store them only to get back that it is stolen and has a tracking chip, so I can't park it in my garage. How do you make a vehicle "yours" without buying it online? And if you can't, why would you waste money on something that you can't keep safe?

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

geeves posted:

You have a lot of $$$ and RP. :how:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

geeves posted:

Jesus christ, you're loving rich :stare:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

New Leaf posted:

Okay, so this brings me to another entirely new question- I've gotten into a lot of stolen vehicles and have tried to store them only to get back that it is stolen and has a tracking chip, so I can't park it in my garage. How do you make a vehicle "yours" without buying it online? And if you can't, why would you waste money on something that you can't keep safe?

Take it to a mod shop and get a track (+ insurance) installed.

This wont work for rare cars over a certain value.

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002

geeves posted:

Explosive rounds?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Spending 200k tuning up lovely cars is more fun than buying boring rear end super cars.

The Corquette is my favourite car to mod. It has so many options unlike most high end fast cars

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

epsilon-6 posted:

Explosive rounds?

I have it recorded I just need to make time in the editor. But yes explosive. That was big on last-gen consoles to have the ammo from the Lazer shot from a Uzi. Or RPGs from the minigun.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Anyone feel like cheesing races with me? Add me, "hellfaucet" on RSC.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

geeves posted:

I have it recorded I just need to make time in the editor. But yes explosive. That was big on last-gen consoles to have the ammo from the Lazer shot from a Uzi. Or RPGs from the minigun.

It looks like people have been using a trainer to allow director mode stuff in GTAO. This includes explosive and/or fire rounds and invincibility. I encountered a guy playing around with it and just switched sessions.

It'll likely have the same lasting duration the DNS stuff had on consoles before Rockstar has the fix/banhammer out. It might mean a period of million/billion dollar bounties again hopefully.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hellfaucet posted:

You have a lot of $$$ and RP. :how:

I ought to after 18 months :v:

Lots of missions and heists. Lots. The money and RP will flow.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
With that much RP, my guess is he must have done the heist achievements so that's a cool 10 mill + whatever 1 mills he picked up along the way from the other achievements. Don't know how you manage to hold onto your cash, though. I keep wasting mine on cars. More cars. And explosions.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I've never done the heist challenges and I'm sitting at $6 million, and that's after buying Insurgents and Hydras and Savages and apartments and cars. A lot of us started when it came out on last-gen consoles and are still going, so money piles up.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

RosaParksOfDip posted:

With that much RP, my guess is he must have done the heist achievements so that's a cool 10 mill + whatever 1 mills he picked up along the way from the other achievements. Don't know how you manage to hold onto your cash, though. I keep wasting mine on cars. More cars. And explosions.

At a certain point you've got so much stuff you stop losing significant amounts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ok dumb question. I've done a couple "races" solo. Do those count as wins?

Although you won't unlock anything, and it won't do anything for your stats that no one else is ever going to look at, doing races solo is the best option for ranking up and getting money.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
If you want to have way less aggravation coming in and out of heists make an invite only lobby, invite the prospective heisters to it, and then make the heist. It'll make every transition last 5 seconds instead of 30+.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
whats the trick to boosting race wins quickly w/ a friend

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

I AM BRAWW posted:

whats the trick to boosting race wins quickly w/ a friend

nvm it's Criminal Records

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

I AM BRAWW posted:

nvm it's Criminal Records

also drag bridge
http://rsg.ms/56da0c9

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

epsilon-6 posted:

Explosive rounds?

Still figuring out the editor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIdLSs81nB4

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Oh man, that takes me back to the Xbox 360 days of GTA: Online where people had pistols shooting rockets at 1000 rounds per second.

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002
Anybody up for anything on ps3? I'm bored and online. Tenderclownhug.

I'm celebrating finally having finished Pacific standard! I have a kuruma and a regular insurgent for serious mission or random fuckery purposes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'm getting a "not found" from that.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Thank gently caress single player is so entertaining, maybe I'll have enough to keep me busy until they actually bother to put some sort of anti-cheat in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So I've been playing 2-3 times a day for a week as part of LLJK. I look every time and I have NEVER once seen another crew member online. I am on 360

Is this normal?

• Locked thread