Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Somefool posted:

M. Mage, specifically EB just got a patch today that fixes some of the things you mentioned. Except you guys probably won't see those changes for god knows how long.

I thought the magic cannon change was hilarious. I have no idea when they first changed it(it feels like it doesn't proc as often?), but now they want people to start using it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

How are m mechs early on? The early leveling experience on my m ranger was an awful slog and I don't want to go through that again. Also are chaos minions effected by auras?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Similar to m ranger, I hope you enjoy silver bullet and hand grenade.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Einwand posted:

If you can find the folder that DFOG is installed in, all the game's music, including stuff we can't even access yet, is in the music folder. The mushroom garden song is aptly titled "mushroom_garden".
An additional note about this is everything is in .ogg format.

Guess I'll find a converter, because goddamn I love that song. I can take or leave a lot of the other music but that one I always turn the volume up on.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Einwand posted:

If you can find the folder that DFOG is installed in, all the game's music, including stuff we can't even access yet, is in the music folder. The mushroom garden song is aptly titled "mushroom_garden".
An additional note about this is everything is in .ogg format.

*looks at the music folder*

So what's trombe for.

Because I'm tempted to replace it with Trombe.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Hy_C posted:

How are m mechs early on? The early leveling experience on my m ranger was an awful slog and I don't want to go through that again. Also are chaos minions effected by auras?

Its pretty bad until you get EX-S Viper. Spamming Landrunner and Grenade with Windmill

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Ranger at least has the benefit of being a strength class that can use gatling gun and flamethrower to some effect. the mech skill tree is completely barren from 15-25 ish. It doesn't help that the primary gun type for mechs has reduced accuracy, so the silver bullets you rely on miss half the time.

It's mega worth it by the time you're around level 30 though.

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012

DolphinCop posted:

Ranger at least has the benefit of being a strength class that can use gatling gun and flamethrower to some effect. the mech skill tree is completely barren from 15-25 ish. It doesn't help that the primary gun type for mechs has reduced accuracy, so the silver bullets you rely on miss half the time.

It's mega worth it by the time you're around level 30 though.

Doesn't conversion switch flamethrower and the Gatling gun to magic if you choose to?

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Knight without the deer feels really clunky to me, like ithe low cooldown and big area of effect make it smooth as hell to use and without it I feel slightly gimped.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

prinnylaharl posted:

What quest is that? The only one I know of is the Unprocessed Bone Chips quest which to my knowledge (and my google skills) is the ULTRA FAILURE! item from the capsules, of which I have a grand total of one after around 16 capsules between characters.

I mean I get the oxidized substance first time every time, so if I can skip out on more capsules that would be just great.

I'd kill for the substance to show up more often but as it stands I'm just going to buy the things from now on because between both characters I have I've gotten 1 out of 6 capsules to drop it so I'll just sell chaos stone debris and buy my bullshit quest item for any future characters.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
How do you actually play Fmech? Mine is at 28-ish from alpha, and most of what I remember doing was hammering the corona button to make it shoot faster until my wrist hurt, and if that's the majority of the class's gameplay I'm giving up now.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So is there a specific patch where the other two thief subclasses get added? Because, honestly, they both look more fun than the ones we have.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

DarkstarIV posted:

Japan got a brand new avatar set:

There are other color variations of the pets. But that's not the important part. Guess who the event NPC is?

It's Streadfolitz.

And kdnf gets food.

Refused
Sep 6, 2005

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

How do you actually play Fmech? Mine is at 28-ish from alpha, and most of what I remember doing was hammering the corona button to make it shoot faster until my wrist hurt, and if that's the majority of the class's gameplay I'm giving up now.

Yes, hammer corona, especially at low level. But throw out your other skills too, spamming corona doesn't prevent you from dropping time bombs/kicks/silver bullets/other skills at the same time. I guess this might be tough if you're playing on controller and not keyboard? Anyway, corona's hitstun should keep you fairly safe from things without lots of superarmor if you position well. Switch to G2 whenever you can for the burst damage. If you need to pay attention to things other than G-series set G3 and forget it until it's time to switch again.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Bugsy posted:

And kdnf gets food.

Oh my god, the dresses for the f-slayer and the f.gunner. :swoon:

I am going to be very broke once they start implementing more costumes.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Supremezero posted:

*looks at the music folder*

So what's trombe for.

Because I'm tempted to replace it with Trombe.

If you actually care, Trombe, Kohle, Grandine and Fruz are the musics that go with the normal power plant dungeons, the 80-85ish dungeons

Pie Colony
Dec 8, 2006
I AM SUCH A FUCKUP THAT I CAN'T EVEN POST IN AN E/N THREAD I STARTED
I used to play this a long rear end time ago as a combo launcher. Do these still exist? Any modern PVP videos with them?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Once you get rolling thunder it gets a lot better.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
What cube skills should I be maxing with m. Ranger for pve?

Also can I get some tips for PvP? Specifically set ups for launches. I have a good build and can do a long rear end juggle for good damage but I'm struggling to actually catch people to begin it. Everyone else just seems to be on auto pilot and land full juggles from every little hit like it's a god drat macro.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Does anyone know of a good way to be self-reliant in regards to professions? I'm trying not to spend thousands of gold at the auction house for materials. I have all four of them spread over a few characters but even then getting some of the required materials is a bit of a slog, though it's more likely I don't know what I'm doing.
Maybe I'm looking for a primer on professions in general?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Pie Colony posted:

I used to play this a long rear end time ago as a combo launcher. Do these still exist? Any modern PVP videos with them?

Look for videos with Jonno. He is one of the best launchers in dfo/dnf pvp.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

SettingSun posted:

Does anyone know of a good way to be self-reliant in regards to professions? I'm trying not to spend thousands of gold at the auction house for materials. I have all four of them spread over a few characters but even then getting some of the required materials is a bit of a slog, though it's more likely I don't know what I'm doing.
Maybe I'm looking for a primer on professions in general?
Well, all disassembler takes is money. Generally you're operating at a loss until level 5, since people won't use your disassembler unless it's free or almost free, but once you're level 5 you can price just a bit above the amount you need to break even on your repair costs, and from there you can just keep pricing at higher and higher amounts of profit, thanks to durability rising higher than repair costs. Charging 1000 per grind on a level 11 disassembler actually nets you an average 300k of profit per repair cycle.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Somefool posted:

M. Mage, specifically EB just got a patch today that fixes some of the things you mentioned. Except you guys probably won't see those changes for god knows how long.

What sort of changes?

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Does the Asura's awakening become... well, worth using as you get stronger weapons to use its percentages? Right now it feels like quite a bit of a nerf.

It's really cool looking though!

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Heavy neutrino posted:

Does the Asura's awakening become... well, worth using as you get stronger weapons to use its percentages? Right now it feels like quite a bit of a nerf.

I literally never use it and I have a +10 pink now on HairMetal. It just isn't very good. Stylish as hell but ice and fire wave sword are too ridiculous to pass up, especially when fully TP'd.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Heavy neutrino posted:

I don't think Asura awakening has ever not been a "for fun" thing

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

a medical mystery posted:

I don't think Asura awakening has ever not been a "for fun" thing

Meanwhile, Swordmaster turns into Cloud Strife and omnislashes a dude.

What part of this is fa- Oh, right, the part where Asura murderbeams everything.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Heavy neutrino posted:

You can double tap it for the fullscreen damage but its garbage otherwise.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Obligatum VII posted:

What sort of changes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4EjqcwjAYI

and

http://blog.naver.com/chansao/220330808126

For individual skill changes. Top is old, bottom is new.

For a quick overview:
General buff to damage for almost all skills
Shift Elements all give the same damage
Relaxed costs on mana burst, but the same damage boost
Flame Wheel got range increase, as well as visual change
Elemental strike visual changed and fires much faster. It also loses the neutral element blasts I believe?
The second EB awaken active(the pentagon one) explodes much faster

Big Changes:
Lightning Wall is more powerful, but fires much slower, thus making the the most popular eb build nearly obsolete. You can see this in one of the videos.
Magic Cannon is now a one level skill, has a bigger range, and can be canceled into. It also chains with a new passive that buffs magic cannon range and power for every skill you cancel into, max of 5 stacks.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Black Balloon posted:

I literally never use it and I have a +10 pink now on HairMetal. It just isn't very good. Stylish as hell but ice and fire wave sword are too ridiculous to pass up, especially when fully TP'd.

Very true. You can combo a boss with the normal xxxx but it becomes more useful if you're playing with a party and you keep the boss stunned while they wail on it. Ice Wave is just waaaaaaay too good to pass up.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
Is there a reason to run ToD when the pots are lv60? Can I save the despair ticket upon completion for higher level pots once 85 cap rolls around?

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there a list of what skills are usable as assists? I have a bunch of characters at 43 and I want to know which ones would be more useful to level for the assists.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

dromer posted:

Is there a list of what skills are usable as assists? I have a bunch of characters at 43 and I want to know which ones would be more useful to level for the assists.

http://wiki.dfo-world.com/view/Assist#Skills

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Heavy neutrino posted:

It's one of your best skills once all your other wave skills drop off in terms of damage.

Jizz all over Ice Wave and Fire Wave all you want, but those skills fall off hard in end game dungeons.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Somefool posted:

It's one of your best skills once all your other wave skills drop off in terms of damage.

Jizz all over Ice Wave and Fire Wave all you want, but those skills fall off hard in end game dungeons.

By endgame, do you mean the Anton dungeons we don't have and the vast majority of us will never enter? or OV?

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

Mavric posted:

What cube skills should I be maxing with m. Ranger for pve?

Also can I get some tips for PvP? Specifically set ups for launches. I have a good build and can do a long rear end juggle for good damage but I'm struggling to actually catch people to begin it. Everyone else just seems to be on auto pilot and land full juggles from every little hit like it's a god drat macro.

All of them. When you start needing more SP, take points out of Punisher/Windmill/Mach Kick and the other lower level skills.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Wolpertinger posted:

By endgame, do you mean the Anton dungeons we don't have and the vast majority of us will never enter? or OV?

OV is where it falls off hard. Ancients are still fine. Anton is a whole other can of worms.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
I've got a Weapon Master to 25- my first character- and it's started to feel pretty weird to me. At first I was concentrating on just a few skills with distinct tactical niches, but after watching a video of someone at the same level using almost everything on the skill tree, I tried it myself and it seems like spamming as many skills as possible is indeed more effective. I don't really like the feel of it, though- I've got several skills that basically do the same thing and wouldn't have a reason to use them if not for long-ish cooldowns on my more favored skills, and it seems like a gratuitous amount of stuff to keep track of. Also, the couple of moves that I have access to for Flowing Stance seem both clunky and weak compared to the rest of my arsenal, and I don't understand how they synergize with my regular skills at all.

I think I'm just too much of a scrub to play this class at this point. Berserker is probably more my speed, but I also wanted to try some entirely different classes, and on that note, how does M. Striker compare to F. Striker, for PvE applications? F. Striker seems to be much more popular, but I haven't heard people saying M. Striker is terrible like M. Brawler apparently is.

I've been selling whites and grinding blues, as per OP. For purples, I've been recombining them into gear I can use, is that cool or should be I grinding them or something instead? Also, what should I do with uniques I can't use?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Cathair posted:

I've been selling whites and grinding blues, as per OP. For purples, I've been recombining them into gear I can use, is that cool or should be I grinding them or something instead? Also, what should I do with uniques I can't use?

yeah recasting purples is fine, but if they're underleveled or you've got all the stuff you need then you should throw them into a profession extractor (alchemy, animation, or enchanting) if you have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

Similar to m ranger, I hope you enjoy silver bullet and hand grenade.

:negative: So its a terrible experience till 35.

• Locked thread