Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I can't keep up with 103 posts over 7 hours, so anyone on ps4 wanna play some tennis, a gun range or bike race? I'm on for my dailies bullshit, sure? psn=Scyron57

edit; I can have volume, currently, but I don't, so I can listen to music. So please msg me in psn for that or um, I dunno, do party chat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Skwee posted:

Probably start it from the jobs menu in the online section of the pause screen. Also make sure in your online options that you have set it so that you remain as host after the first job.

gently caress. Never noticed that. Why are all these options so scattered.

Rockstar :bahgawd:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
While I know Rally doesn't apply the same to GTA than say forza or whateves, but what would be a good "compact" say a rally inspired car? mostly for offroad loving around in. I'd rather it not be BF injection. I already have a bifta which I think is a better version of that, if I am not mistaken. I guess If Bifta is the best there is that is cool. I do have an alt with the fake CRX blista compact sport, sport, but I'd rather not switch characters if there is an alternative.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Scyron posted:

While I know Rally doesn't apply the same to GTA than say forza or whateves, but what would be a good "compact" say a rally inspired car? mostly for offroad loving around in. I'd rather it not be BF injection. I already have a bifta which I think is a better version of that, if I am not mistaken. I guess If Bifta is the best there is that is cool. I do have an alt with the fake CRX blista compact sport, sport, but I'd rather not switch characters if there is an alternative.

The sultan is pretty good. I have heard it is also the fastest 4 door in the game. (It is based off an old subaru I believe)

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Skwee posted:

The sultan is pretty good. I have heard it is also the fastest 4 door in the game. (It is based off an old subaru I believe)

I can agree to that, I guess I just don't want to find another sultan for offroad wheels. :(

This idea does sound fun though, just not 10 car garage full of sultans fun, like some goon posted :p

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Scyron posted:

I can agree to that, I guess I just don't want to find another sultan for offroad wheels. :(

This idea does sound fun though, just not 10 car garage full of sultans fun, like some goon posted :p

Well I believe that offroad wheels don't actually have an impact on on-road capabilities, they just make the thing straight up better than street tires because they also work off-road

Someone correct me if I am wrong though

AKA: every car you have should have offroad tires unless you are doing it for the looks rather than performance.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

No, I think bitburgerguy?Goon? he proved that offroad tires/tyres (loving english) are outright better in 90% of the circumstances. I couldtn't say what not, right now. It was only discussed 103+ posts ago, lol. I know I read up on it 2 days ago. Granted it wasn't the same in-depth analysis we got in 2014 july? right after a big patch came out with the spoiler helping traction and turning, iirc. on ps3/60

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Whats a good way to fight Insurgents? Minigun across the windshield does wonders, but wondering if stickybombs are at all worth it versus em given their explosion resistance. Would an air-burst sticky smoke the gunner on the .50 at least?

Kurumas I've just thrown a bomb at and GG.

The Insurgent is easier to take down than the Kuruma, I feel. Shooting the windshield with a micro smg is enough to break it and kill the driver. Kurumas are faster, and the windshield is small.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Apparently you can get kicked for being idle in a private session where you're the only one in it. :downs:

And end up in a public session once you press X/A/Enter to return to GTA: Online :classiclol:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Scyron posted:

No, I think bitburgerguy?Goon? he proved that offroad tires/tyres (loving english) are outright better in 90% of the circumstances. I couldtn't say what not, right now. It was only discussed 103+ posts ago, lol. I know I read up on it 2 days ago. Granted it wasn't the same in-depth analysis we got in 2014 july? right after a big patch came out with the spoiler helping traction and turning, iirc. on ps3/60

That's the conclusion I think most of us are going with:

BitBasher posted:

This is correct. They handle bumps better with no downsides except looking like rear end. The only difference is tire geometry and the off road tires have the most give before hitting the virtual rims meaning they are much more stable over small bumps like curbs.

basically every single serious racer in the game has off roads on everything.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
God drat I love this video editor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GvPX4o25Zk

This is all from one clip. I have 57 clips of the event.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Slim Killington posted:

God drat I love this video editor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GvPX4o25Zk

This is all from one clip. I have 57 clips of the event.

write me a script for the next trailer tia

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

A couple of friends and I tried doing the finale on the pacific standard job last night, but we could not get into my friend's Kuruma, it kept saying "This personal vehicle belongs to <myfriendsname> and you do not have access to it". He made sure the vehicle was open to everyone, but it still did not work. Is this how they fixed this "exploit"?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Miguel Prado posted:

A couple of friends and I tried doing the finale on the pacific standard job last night, but we could not get into my friend's Kuruma, it kept saying "This personal vehicle belongs to <myfriendsname> and you do not have access to it". He made sure the vehicle was open to everyone, but it still did not work. Is this how they fixed this "exploit"?
There's gotta be some bug because one time I drove some friends around, we all got out of the car, then I got back in and nobody else could get in saying that message. In fact there was one time when I was in a friend's car and as we were driving it suddenly kicked me out and said I wasn't allowed in.

Vittek
Nov 8, 2006
Also throwing myself out there to trade racing wins on criminal records on the PC. RSC is : Vittek Add me and lets have fun upgrading cars today or tomorrow.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

e: Not online anymore.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 24, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What's the deal with the ungodly swarm of cops at the airport? I'm trying to do the stunt jump there and its nearly impossible between simply not being able to figure out what I'm doing wrong and the fact that 9/10 times I Fail the cops just get super pissed off and murder me before I even get full control back.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Is being the driller during the Fleeca heist really hard, or is it just the random dudes I'm playing with being loving idiots?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Is being the driller during the Fleeca heist really hard, or is it just the random dudes I'm playing with being loving idiots?

well the first time i tried the mission i was the driller (and the host) and I just like.. held down left mouse button and sort of pushed the mouse forward for a bit, until the GUI drill thing turned red then i would pull the mouse back for it to cool down i guess.. then i would push forward on the mouse again and then it was done

basically no it wasn't hard unless you don't understand extremely obvious visual queues. (like the drill GUI turning red is bad, so stop trying to drill)

Skwee fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 24, 2015

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

It's easy but you have to be careful not to push the drill in too quickly because that poo poo overheats like no tomorrow.

My guess is the drillers you played with weren't experienced.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So... any ideas why I've never once seen another LLJK crew member on 360?

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

They are all playing PC version now?

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I am wondering the same thing. I've tried with three pubbies that would just sit there forever without accomplishing anything and without responding to chat. Eventually I would get bored and fail the mission, then they would hop right back in the car for another go.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

It's not really hard, but you have to find the sweet spot in how much you move the drill and make sure it doesn't overheat.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That drill poo poo was retarded. By the time I worked out the pressure sensitivity I was so done with the whole thing I was just jamming the overheating drill into the last couple of locks over and over.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The stupid hacking minigame was much worse for me. There seemed to be a bit of input lag that made it all too easy to crash the line into the circuit walls. Took me a good 5 minutes to do it, all the while Lester is whining constantly about it not being done yet. gently caress Lester.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The drill minigame is dumb because it dumps you right into a mechanic you've never done before so you don't know how fast you can drill without breaking the drill or w/e and Lester starts yelling at you for taking too long but you gotta wait for this dang thing to cool down, why didn't we practice this beforehand instead of the much simpler snake minigame Lester? Learn to plan a heist jeez.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That drill poo poo was retarded. By the time I worked out the pressure sensitivity I was so done with the whole thing I was just jamming the overheating drill into the last couple of locks over and over.

it is not even hard.. if the poo poo is turning red you are pushing too hard. like super simple "hints" that you are doing it wrong are given to you by the GUI. First time I tried it I overheated once before figuring it out and then I was like "oh okay" and then we won the mission on my first ever attempt of that poo poo.

Maybe I just get UX more than others cuz I see it all the time or something

Skwee fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 24, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Skwee posted:

it is not even hard.. if the poo poo is turning red you are pushing too hard. like super simple "hints" that you are doing it wrong are given to you by the GUI First time I tried it I overheated once before figuring it out and then I was like "oh okay" and then we won the mission on my first ever attempt of that poo poo.

Wow, you're so loving cool for looking at the gui you goddamned pathetic little weiner.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wow, you're so loving cool for looking at the gui you goddamned pathetic little weiner.

Thanks man, I know. Next time you will look at the gui and will be as cool as me

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Miguel Prado posted:

The thing we found (through many trials of this) is that you have to take your bikes out of the city before the guy in the garage leaves with the Karuma. Otherwise it won't let you. Just go up near that farm on the highway and you'll be fine.

Dandywalken posted:

Whats a good way to fight Insurgents? Minigun across the windshield does wonders, but wondering if stickybombs are at all worth it versus em given their explosion resistance. Would an air-burst sticky smoke the gunner on the .50 at least?

Kurumas I've just thrown a bomb at and GG.

You don't want to try to explode an Insurgent, since the insurance cost is ~17 grand and any explosives to the car are unlikely to kill the driver before you explode the thing. SMGs to the face are your best bet barring a sniper shot.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

So I'm in a clothing store and two guys set up outside to kill me as I walk past the door. I respawn a block away and they promptly rush over except I have a rocket launcher this time and am not weaponless inside a store. I then get charged ~24k for destroying both their cars with a message saying I'm not being a good sport.

How does this game work? That was my first pvp of sorts and I'm quite confused.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

AzureSkys posted:

So I'm in a clothing store and two guys set up outside to kill me as I walk past the door. I respawn a block away and they promptly rush over except I have a rocket launcher this time and am not weaponless inside a store. I then get charged ~24k for destroying both their cars with a message saying I'm not being a good sport.

How does this game work? That was my first pvp of sorts and I'm quite confused.

Chalk it up to Rockstar not knowing how to program the game to keep track of who the aggressor is. (Or being bad at design choices? Who knows, they are the same people who decided that cash in hand was an important thing to put in the game.)

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010

Skwee posted:

it is not even hard.. if the poo poo is turning red you are pushing too hard. like super simple "hints" that you are doing it wrong are given to you by the GUI. First time I tried it I overheated once before figuring it out and then I was like "oh okay" and then we won the mission on my first ever attempt of that poo poo.

Maybe I just get UX more than others cuz I see it all the time or something

It is impossible to fail that mission. When you are bad at the minigames it just takes forever.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Music Theory posted:

Chalk it up to Rockstar not knowing how to program the game to keep track of who the aggressor is. (Or being bad at design choices? Who knows, they are the same people who decided that cash in hand was an important thing to put in the game.)

Mostly the second thing but really both. Also I think I just fixed the problem.

• Player A kills Player B.
  • Once respawned, a ~5 minute grace period starts.
  • During the 5 minutes, Player B can retaliate against Player A with no bad sport/insurance fee.
  • If Player B kills player A in the 5 minute period, the grace period ends.
  • Player A cannot retaliate Player B's retaliation, and does not get a grace period.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

The thing we found (through many trials of this) is that you have to take your bikes out of the city before the guy in the garage leaves with the Karuma. Otherwise it won't let you. Just go up near that farm on the highway and you'll be fine.

You don't want to try to explode an Insurgent, since the insurance cost is ~17 grand and any explosives to the car are unlikely to kill the driver before you explode the thing. SMGs to the face are your best bet barring a sniper shot.

Honestly, I don't really understand why they put the insurgent in the free roam at all. It's cool for missions and all. But then you get dicks in borderline indestructable cars just being assholes non-stop. Not even funny assholes, just jerks. If you do blow up the car rockstar tells you that you're playing mean and fines you for trying to avoid being run down for the nth time. Just the other day we had someone doing just that, and when we finally popped their insurgent they went passive and just ran away to hide so no one could kill them.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Testing out geeves tool

http://soulglo.com/goonheists/view-heist.php?guid=50D63494-C6DE-46CF-B546-BBF8C21BB1EC

any of you AU nerds/nocturnal goons want to help me get though this one so i can buy an insurgent and paint it Hot pink then run every pubbie over/hope they try to blow it up and payout 16k.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Snakes in a can posted:

Testing out geeves tool

http://soulglo.com/goonheists/view-heist.php?guid=50D63494-C6DE-46CF-B546-BBF8C21BB1EC

any of you AU nerds/nocturnal goons want to help me get though this one so i can buy an insurgent and paint it Hot pink then run every pubbie over/hope they try to blow it up and payout 16k.

God drat if it wasn't 5AM I'd be down for that because I still haven't been able to finish that heist and I've been trying to get a group for it for days now.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Nuebot posted:

Honestly, I don't really understand why they put the insurgent in the free roam at all. It's cool for missions and all. But then you get dicks in borderline indestructable cars just being assholes non-stop. Not even funny assholes, just jerks. If you do blow up the car rockstar tells you that you're playing mean and fines you for trying to avoid being run down for the nth time. Just the other day we had someone doing just that, and when we finally popped their insurgent they went passive and just ran away to hide so no one could kill them.

The armored kurmura should not be available for online, its the most bullshit thing. its almost impossible to kill people who know what they are doing and if you do you payout 6.5k+ what ammo you used. I've knowingly abused the crap out of it to the point now i drive by pubbies and beep my horn and wait for them to try kill me, if they ignore me i move on. I just want the insurgent to annoy the people who spam the homing missile launcher. GG you just killed me for 16k + ammo. I can deal with the insurgent the drivers not to hard to kill.

Nuebot posted:

God drat if it wasn't 5AM I'd be down for that because I still haven't been able to finish that heist and I've been trying to get a group for it for days now.

Rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
I'm going to be home for a few hours and really want to trade races to unlock mods. Anyone interested let me know. Rockstar ID: chainring

Also if any of the people I was hosting heists for last night reads this I'm very sorry that I overdid it on the self-medication and kept finding new, incredibly creative ways to kill myself

• Locked thread