Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
shooting people out of insurgents without blowing up the insurgent isn't that hard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
last night i did the humane labs raid with guys who literally couldnt find the ground team after we got out of the sewers. i waited 10 minutes for them to learn that they can look at the loving map.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

i flunked out posted:

last night i did the humane labs raid with guys who literally couldnt find the ground team after we got out of the sewers. i waited 10 minutes for them to learn that they can look at the loving map.

Did you use all of your flares while approaching the Labs and / or against the guards and scientists inside? It's been known to happen.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

i flunked out posted:

iirc you actually can't just look at the loving map but I might be mistaken. It's supposed to be a mandatory flare situation. I had an issue locating since the first time I ran it I was in the chopper.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

i flunked out posted:

The ground guys do not show up on the map for helicopter guys. You have to use the flares. Thats why you have flares.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Anyone on PC up for heisting tonight? I have all the heists completed so can host whatever.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Akion posted:

Anyone on PC up for heisting tonight? I have all the heists completed so can host whatever.

I'm down. What time?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Two insurgents with .50's mounted can hold the military base. I had one more freeroam event idea.

Loaded titan, loaded insurgents, enter the military base, a few people take planes and provide ground cover, hold Fort Zancudo :getin:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Akion posted:

Me too, shoot me a message/whatever. I want moneys and bonuses and elite challenges so I will always heist.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Two insurgents with .50's mounted can hold the military base. I had one more freeroam event idea.

Loaded titan, loaded insurgents, enter the military base, a few people take planes and provide ground cover, hold Fort Zancudo :getin:

We need to steal the base fire truck. 2 insurgents, a cargobob, and a sports car. the insurgents protect the sports car while he goes in, grabs the truck, and gets it out of SAM range to pick it up with the cargobob.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Lets shoot for 8PM MST to get started? We can do Pacific Standard if ya'll feel up for the time investment. Otherwise Series A is pretty easy.

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

I'm going to be home for a few hours and really want to trade races to unlock mods. Anyone interested let me know. Rockstar ID: chainring

Also if any of the people I was hosting heists for last night reads this I'm very sorry that I overdid it on the self-medication and kept finding new, incredibly creative ways to kill myself

Added you and for anybody else looking to trade wins on PC: PhredThePhish

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Akion posted:

Lets shoot for 8PM MST to get started? We can do Pacific Standard.

That's cool with me.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
8 MST and Pac Standard are perfect, let's do it

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

geeves posted:

Did you use all of your flares while approaching the Labs and / or against the guards and scientists inside? It's been known to happen.

n ope, i used all of them on the beach.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

I'll be on again. Last night was amazing with the boys.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you see any weirdness, Scripthook now works online

so modding is very quickly going to be a real thing, but unfortunately, so is cheating

Also there are like 5 different groups working on multiplayer clients for GTA V sort of similar to SA:MP, etc.

FiveM
MultiV
Los Santos Life
GTA:MP
FiveRP

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Beware of a bug that will cause you to lose personal vehicles - last night while in my Kuruma I found one of those already-modded Sandkings that sell for about 17-18k in Sandy Shores, so I promptly sold it. I drove around the block causing it to respawn, so I decided to garage for later since it was bedtime for me. I put in my 3rd garage, log off and go to bed - this morning, I find out that the Sandking is now in my 1st garage taking up the spot previously occupied by the Kuruma!

This seems to be a widespread issue on PC because I see other people reporting it. Moral of the story - don't garage spawned vehicles until this is fixed.

I called Rockstar Support and explained my issue - they said I'd get an E-mail that I would reply to, to put the issue in writing and the guy said he'd have it resolved in an hour. So far, no E-mail, so I created an online ticket anyway. I'll probably call again at some point.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

If any Euro goons want tool around (heists would be cool, but i am pretty poo poo), hit me up. Same name in-game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

if you see any weirdness, Scripthook now works online

so modding is very quickly going to be a real thing, but unfortunately, so is cheating

Also there are like 5 different groups working on multiplayer clients for GTA V sort of similar to SA:MP, etc.

FiveM
MultiV
Los Santos Life
GTA:MP
FiveRP

also when this poo poo happens bring back SZR GTA and Colorfinger and OJ and all that poo poo

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm just taking clips of the poo poo and submitting it, Rockstar will get tired of it eventually. I've reported 12 people already since last night. I'll rat you out in a hot minute, IDGAF, play the game as it's made or gently caress off.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Slim Killington posted:

I'm just taking clips of the poo poo and submitting it, Rockstar will get tired of it eventually. I've reported 12 people already since last night. I'll rat you out in a hot minute, IDGAF, play the game as it's made or gently caress off.

wait what going on

cka
May 3, 2004

Akion posted:

Lets shoot for 8PM MST to get started? We can do Pacific Standard if ya'll feel up for the time investment. Otherwise Series A is pretty easy.

I'll probably be on too if you need a 4th

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Rockstar is gonna take their time and figure out the best way to deal with this before swinging around the banhammer, same as when people were intercepting the JSON files on the consoles. I'm going to avoid modding singleplayer entirely until we know what will get you banned and what's safe.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Eonwe posted:

wait what going on

Sounds like he's reporting cheaters.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Yep.

Just got into a free roam where two guys in a Zentorno couldn't take damage and their car was invulnerable. Took 4 homing rockets to the front end, nothing. I'm well aware they'll be free to use their poo poo online like this for a while, but it's not going unreported. Cheating online is hilariously stupid now that a video clip replay system is built right in.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jehde posted:

Rockstar is gonna take their time and figure out the best way to deal with this before swinging around the banhammer, same as when people were intercepting the JSON files on the consoles. I'm going to avoid modding singleplayer entirely until we know what will get you banned and what's safe.

yep - I pretty much am going to wait on downloading mods till there is a clear indication

or if there is a multiplayer mod that is nice

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

HiriseSoftware posted:

Beware of a bug that will cause you to lose personal vehicles - last night while in my Kuruma I found one of those already-modded Sandkings that sell for about 17-18k in Sandy Shores, so I promptly sold it. I drove around the block causing it to respawn, so I decided to garage for later since it was bedtime for me. I put in my 3rd garage, log off and go to bed - this morning, I find out that the Sandking is now in my 1st garage taking up the spot previously occupied by the Kuruma!

This seems to be a widespread issue on PC because I see other people reporting it. Moral of the story - don't garage spawned vehicles until this is fixed.

I called Rockstar Support and explained my issue - they said I'd get an E-mail that I would reply to, to put the issue in writing and the guy said he'd have it resolved in an hour. So far, no E-mail, so I created an online ticket anyway. I'll probably call again at some point.

This happened to my Sultan too. Found a Sandking, put it into my second garage, went out to do something, came back in my second garage and found I suddenly had two Sandkings parked next to one another. Left my garage, went back into my first one, suddenly my Sultan is nowhere to be found. Checked the second garage, now I only have one Sandking again :psyduck:

Called Mors, no Sultan on the list of destroyed vehicles I could claim. Called the Mechanic, showed my first garage as only having 9 cars, with the Sultan nowhere to be found. Weird poo poo.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

also when this poo poo happens bring back SZR GTA and Colorfinger and OJ and all that poo poo

OJ wouldn't work well in GTA V because cop cars don't have offroad tires (and can't actually put them on) so if you go offroad they're going to be at a major disadvantage.

also colorfinger was a neverending source of drama and hilarity for szr gta with the whole e-sexting thing which probably got lost when the old forums died

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont know anything about that i just miss SZR is all

but im sure if people can mod up a separate multiplayer client then they can make the cop cars have offroad tires!!!

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Ok, whoever I am heisting with send me a msg on RSC

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/angrygreek

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
A friend sent me this, I assume it's likely stolen from reddit, but it's amusing nonetheless.

The GTA5 Taxi Driver AI Challenge

Here's a result from some people doing it online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBBGPnRcYxI

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Akion posted:

Ok, whoever I am heisting with send me a msg on RSC

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/angrygreek

Sent, same forum name here as RSC

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Brightman posted:

A friend sent me this, I assume it's likely stolen from reddit, but it's amusing nonetheless.

The GTA5 Taxi Driver AI Challenge

Here's a result from some people doing it online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBBGPnRcYxI

That is amazing.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Is there a way to make race trading faster (PC?). Google brings up poo poo about people using a playlist with 10 copies of the same map but I can't find a way to add more than one of the same map to a playlist. Does anyone already have one that's good for it they can link to?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Looking to do race trading. Add Fravash. I'll be on for a few hours.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Any goons that feel like doing some heists on PC? I haven't been able to do any but the 2 man job since pubbies like to leave every time one loads up. Add Frankofish on SC, I'm on right now.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Wallet posted:

Is there a way to make race trading faster (PC?). Google brings up poo poo about people using a playlist with 10 copies of the same map but I can't find a way to add more than one of the same map to a playlist. Does anyone already have one that's good for it they can link to?

Can't you hit replay on the race when you're done with it?

I haven't done race trading yet, it's on my to do list.

e: Opinion on the Insurgent armored truck? Really want one for super rampages but I'm not sure HOW bulletproof it is.

Inzombiac posted:

Looking to do race trading. Add Fravash. I'll be on for a few hours.

Shot you an invite!

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 24, 2015

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
So I'd like to do Series A tonight (on PC) if anyone is interested... In game name is Hamsammich, I'm also floating around on Mumble.

http://soulglo.com/goonheists/view-heist.php?guid=7E0A888E-51D3-4448-9ABF-429F4A17BD29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

FrancoFish posted:

Any goons that feel like doing some heists on PC? I haven't been able to do any but the 2 man job since pubbies like to leave every time one loads up. Add Frankofish on SC, I'm on right now.

Think we have room for one more on Pacific Standard at 8PM MST. Look for my posts further up thread for deets.

Long as you have a mic and can follow instructions, it's pretty easy.

• Locked thread