Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

NOT A HERO is a fast paced, side scrolling cover shooter developed by Roll7 (who previously made OlliOlli which I have not played) about 'random' humor, rad music and fun gameplay Very Serious British Politics and stuff.

Devolver Digital posted:

​When an anthropomorphic rabbit/mayoral candidate from the future named BunnyLord needs a murderous loner to clean up the city during the election, Steve heroically offers up his dubious skills with a gun and lack of self-preservation instinct to this mysterious stranger from beyond. Now Steve must clear five districts of crime and recruit new heroes for his cause by sliding, diving, ducking, and taking cover through hundreds of full-throttle shootouts across the city. Through the power of ISO-Slant™ technology and a wasted youth, London-based developer Roll7 (OlliOlli) delivers the greatest 2¼D cover-based indie shooter of all time ever.

Next Level Shootouts – Use the quick snap cover system to duck behind all forms of covers to dodge enemy fire and strategically plan your next clip-emptying strike. Reload at your own discretion but don’t let the enemy hear you lest they charge your position and put you down.
Roster of Not Heroes – Select between different total badasses each with their own distinct gameplay style and abilities to take out the trash if you consider criminals trash. Go hard with a shotgun, go quick with a dash and a katana, or go raw with your bare hands.
Dynamic Missions – Go ham on primary objectives and risky secondary goals but be prepared for unexpected mid-level events that turn the tables on your hero in an instant. Nothing will put a damper in your perfectly timed-executions like a nosy SWAT team or building security patrol.

So yeah, it basically looks pretty awesome. It's coming out on May 7th, just under two weeks from now.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7xj8s-ulHo

Demo and Steam store link
http://store.steampowered.com/app/274270/

Official Site
http://www.theujipparty.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Saw this at PAX East the last two years, super excited for the actual release.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I didn't even realize it had a launch date until I noticed there was a demo on Steam. :v:

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

A quick google search shows this will be on the PS4 too, are we expecting a launch on the same day or will I need to wait X number of extra months for a try of this?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I bought OlliOlli because it was supposed to be like a 2D Tony Hawk but actually it was like a bad phone game

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'll probably wait until the Summer Sale to get this at the earliest, but the preorder price might be worth it just for all of Bunnylord's lines.

ImNotBritish
Nov 15, 2013

Crashing the queen's finest since 1941
I may need to get this game that I had no Idea about until now.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

Manwithastick posted:

A quick google search shows this will be on the PS4 too, are we expecting a launch on the same day or will I need to wait X number of extra months for a try of this?

The PS4/Vita version is coming later this year.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
e err pretend I never said a thing

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 09:53 on May 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Not A Hero's out. The humor is... Pretty bad as the game goes on but so far the gameplay is pretty awesome.

It's fairly short too. I'd suggest picking it up on sale, but it is pretty fun!

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 16, 2015

• Locked thread