Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I think that depends on which Nen you're talking about; I don't know anything about F. Nen, but I can say that with all of the balls orbiting you as a M. Nen you would have to try NOT to get an SSS rank. There is a lot of XXX spam, but M. Nen gets a buff that expands the damage, range, and applies shock chance to their basic attacks.

LightningSquid fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Fgrap can SSS poo poo pretty easily and once you get the pacing down it's pretty fun to run up to a boss and lock it down completely with grab cannon even if you're soloing.

Though I ran Ghent dailies with a Knight earlier and it was basically Fgrap Awaken to grab everything -> Knight rides over on pony then brutally murders spinning cloud of enemies.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Somefool posted:

//setcharacter is not as useful but you never know when your character might get stuck in some weird location.

I wish I knew about this when fighting Lotus with my summoner. For some reason, I'd constantly get stuck in the upper left corner of the map with no ability to move. This happened like every two or three fights.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Fgrap can SSS poo poo pretty easily and once you get the pacing down it's pretty fun to run up to a boss and lock it down completely with grab cannon even if you're soloing.

Though I ran Ghent dailies with a Knight earlier and it was basically Fgrap Awaken to grab everything -> Knight rides over on pony then brutally murders spinning cloud of enemies.

The pony is a lot of fun. It's amazing how its own whirlwind move and basic x string will absolutely mulch bosses given a chance to land the hits.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Nighthand posted:

Does Magic Crit do much for summoners or is it better to just stack int on magic sealed stuff?

I want to say no because summons have their own stat values that aren't affected by a lot of stuff but at the same time I don't remember if they allow summons to take advantage of crit. I know for certain M. Mech's summons don't benefit from crit but not sure about Summoner.

Safe route is to just stack INT, M. Atk, and elemental damage of your choice.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
How the heck does elemental damage work? I found a weapon that has two properties, one +7 shadow damage and one +6 water damage, or something similar. Is that good? What does +7 really mean?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

LogicNinja posted:

How the heck does elemental damage work? I found a weapon that has two properties, one +7 shadow damage and one +6 water damage, or something similar. Is that good? What does +7 really mean?

For every 2 elemental damage you add you add 1% damage to skills that do that elemental damage.

If that weapon is a Mage weapon that could be pretty good because most mages deal multiple elements. If it a fighter weapon that's not very good.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

LogicNinja posted:

Every damage can either deal Neutral, Fire, Water, Dark, or Light with neutral being the worst because nothing boost it. Every 22 Elemental Damage = 10% more damage.

When calculating enemy resistance, it's pretty much (your elemental damage - enemy's resistance) and see if it comes out a positive number for extra damage or negative meaning reduced damage.

e,b

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Bugsy posted:

For every 2 elemental damage you add you add 1% damage to skills that do that elemental damage.

If that weapon is a Mage weapon that could be pretty good because most mages deal multiple elements. If it a fighter weapon that's not very good.

I see. As a Nen, both Khai and the tiger fist skill make my weapon do Light damage. So will +Light damage make me do more damage even on melee attacks?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

LogicNinja posted:

I see. As a Nen, both Khai and the tiger fist skill make my weapon do Light damage. So will +Light damage make me do more damage even on melee attacks?

All melee attacks can take any element even when it already has an element.

Range attacks has to be neutral in order to take any element. If it already has an element like say Nen Shot, then it cannot be any other element besides light. So Sand Splash can take light element from Khai and also fire element from Salamander Flasks.

So yes, Khai will make you do more damage on all melee attacks and Solar Shield will further make them stronger.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

sentrygun posted:

If I'm already trucking around an Elementalist that kills basically everything in one hit and can't get SSS ranks unless I hold back and do dumb stuff, would a Nen seem redundant or are they fun in their own way? I figure if Nen's too similar I might try out Grappler since Knight swapped from fun to 'chain rush feels like nonsense'.

Nen are pretty different, but if you want offensive power I'd recommend M. nen. F. Nen seem like they're essentially just really boring support in comparison, they've got weaker everything except for the electrocution status effect, in exchange for some stronger buffs and Nen Guard - however, the f. nen buffs last MUCH shorter so i hope you like constantly recasting buffs on your party! (though it's no crusader, at least)

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Apr 26, 2015

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Wolpertinger posted:

Nen are pretty different, but if you want offensive power I'd recommend M. nen. F. Nen seem like they're essentially just really boring support in comparison, they've got weaker everything except for the electrocution status effect, in exchange for some stronger buffs and Nen Guard - however, the f. nen buffs last MUCH shorter so i hope you like constantly recasting buffs on your party!

The irony is that F. Nen is one the best burst damaging class in the game and her version of higher level skills perform much better than M. Nen's version.

A "support" Nen is a huge waste of the class.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Somefool posted:

The irony is that F. Nen is one the best burst damaging class in the game and her version of higher level skills perform much better than M. Nen's version.

A "support" Nen is a huge waste of the class.

It's weird then just how much more boring f. nen look and apparently play - I've leveled with friends doing both, and m. nen looked strong and fun and lasted all the way to max level, while the f. nen eventually gave up out of frustration and boredom. Everything the f. nen did, the m. nen seemed to have either a better version or a less annoying version (like buffs that last four times longer, or self-replenishing nen balls, or higher damage nen shot). Is it just a thing where they suddenly pull out ahead at high levels? Because they certainly seemed way worse while leveling.

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013

Wolpertinger posted:

self-replenishing nen balls, or higher damage nen shot

Spiral Nen is replenished automatically on Female, males just get 2 extra orbs. Nen Shot damage on F. Nen is also apparently much higher than male's at 85. But males do get all of the good leveling tools earlier and better versions of them.

With second awakening F. Nen gains a giant loving kamehameha wave, can send out a new type of illusions and they just do insane damage while being able to charge the two roars and energy shield to gain extra damage on them, while having higher base damage on them as well.

My F.Nen is on hold at 50 currently, but 2nd awakening and the higher end gear is insane and the class is entirely different from what it is right now when we get access to all of it.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Wolpertinger posted:

It's weird then just how much more boring f. nen look and apparently play - I've leveled with friends doing both, and m. nen looked strong and fun and lasted all the way to max level, while the f. nen eventually gave up out of frustration and boredom. Everything the f. nen did, the m. nen seemed to have either a better version or a less annoying version (like buffs that last four times longer, or self-replenishing nen balls, or higher damage nen shot). Is it just a thing where they suddenly pull out ahead at high levels? Because they certainly seemed way worse while leveling.

F. Nen scales extremely well with chronicle items which modify her skills. She's really strong with proper items which makes her a rather late game class since her default skill set isn't all that great. M. Nen doesn't scale quite as well with items.

Also 2nd awakening automatically makes her better than male. Things might change when M. Fighters get 2nd awakenings.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

prinnylaharl posted:

Spiral Nen is replenished automatically on Female, males just get 2 extra orbs. Nen Shot damage on F. Nen is also apparently much higher than male's at 85. But males do get all of the good leveling tools earlier and better versions of them.

With second awakening F. Nen gains a giant loving kamehameha wave, can send out a new type of illusions and they just do insane damage while being able to charge the two roars and energy shield to gain extra damage on them, while having higher base damage on them as well.

My F.Nen is on hold at 50 currently, but 2nd awakening and the higher end gear is insane and the class is entirely different from what it is right now when we get access to all of it.

I was under the impression F. nen balls had to be cast manually and lasted a finite number of hits before expiring, while m. nen ones didn't - did they change this? That's how I remember it working when I tried playing one on the Nexon version anyway.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Wolpertinger posted:

I was under the impression F. nen balls had to be cast manually and lasted a finite number of hits before expiring, while m. nen ones didn't - did they change this? That's how I remember it working when I tried playing one on the Nexon version anyway.

Then you're behind on information. F. Nen got buffed out the rear end and removed a lot of annoyances like having to single cast buffs. Her Tiger Flash has 100% uptime too.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I thought they fixed crit applying to summoned creatures in a patch. I read recently about someone testing it with land runners in the training room, and crit applied to them.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

mightygerm posted:

I thought they fixed crit applying to summoned creatures in a patch. I read recently about someone testing it with land runners in the training room, and crit applied to them.

I found some patch notes saying they did a fix to land runners where elemental damage and magic crit wasn't apply properly, so I guess crit does apply to summons. Really difficult to test crit on magic classes because they don't have their own +50% crit pot.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Somefool posted:

I found some patch notes saying they did a fix to land runners where elemental damage and magic crit wasn't apply properly, so I guess crit does apply to summons. Really difficult to test crit on magic classes because they don't have their own +50% crit pot.

Can't you convert it to physical since its a base class skill and test it that way?

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
So I tried to use a personal shop doll today, and every time I clicked to set it down, my character just wandered off to the far side of the screen and the open shop button kept bringing up a message about being polite in the chat or something no matter what I tried to name the shop. Is this a known bug or do I need to open a ticket? How do I even open a ticket? I didn't see anything that looked like bug report in the menu, and the website is so bare of any info.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Zorblack posted:

So I tried to use a personal shop doll today, and every time I clicked to set it down, my character just wandered off to the far side of the screen and the open shop button kept bringing up a message about being polite in the chat or something no matter what I tried to name the shop. Is this a known bug or do I need to open a ticket? How do I even open a ticket? I didn't see anything that looked like bug report in the menu, and the website is so bare of any info.

I don't remember where you find it on the website, but this is their ticket submission page: https://neople.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So how does this whole avatar thing work. I see you can purchase one cheaply and apparently need a mileage item to make it permanent. Does that item perma the whole set? I've seen people talk about ones with stats, what do I need to achieve in game to get a hold of that? I've been reading up on it but it remains sort of vague. The auction house is mentioned and the creation of rare avatars by combining others with cubes but that still leaves out where you get them to begin with in the game world.

And seriously how do they consider Chaos not broken everything just explodes jesus christ.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mindblast posted:

So how does this whole avatar thing work. I see you can purchase one cheaply and apparently need a mileage item to make it permanent. Does that item perma the whole set? I've seen people talk about ones with stats, what do I need to achieve in game to get a hold of that? I've been reading up on it but it remains sort of vague. The auction house is mentioned and the creation of rare avatars by combining others with cubes but that still leaves out where you get them to begin with in the game world.

And seriously how do they consider Chaos not broken everything just explodes jesus christ.

No.
They don't exist at this time.
Because Chaos are distorting the fabric of reality.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Mindblast posted:

avs with stats will probably become a thing once the beta is over and the game is open for realsies. They're gonne be in the cash shop, and bought with :10bux: At least in the old DFO from Nexon NA you could select what stats it gave when you bought it, I don't know if they have anything different planned. They might put in gatchapon for all i know. Rare Avs are a whole different crazy thing.

as for that last question, who knows? maybe they dont think its op, or they need time to get the numbers for a balance patch.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Avatars are extended or perma'd by the Mileage item by single avatar item, not set. Really expensive in terms of game time, but you can use the extensions to drag out the timer to one day get enough enough to perma a set you really want.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 26, 2015

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Interesting, I'm getting mail purporting to be from Neople (filled with bullshit links that go god knows where). The only way they should know my email is from my log in info with Neople itself (I didn't use that mail on DFO Nexus which is the only other thing I've been to related to DFO) which leads me to believe there was a security breach somewhere. PW changed regardless

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"

Relin posted:

Interesting, I'm getting mail purporting to be from Neople (filled with bullshit links that go god knows where). The only way they should know my email is from my log in info with Neople itself (I didn't use that mail on DFO Nexus which is the only other thing I've been to related to DFO) which leads me to believe there was a security breach somewhere. PW changed regardless

No, it's a legit mail from them. They're using some newsletter metrics tracking & redirection provider, the links all go to their page.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
I don't see it mentioned in the OP but is there a guild on the West server? I've taken a strange liking to my Chaos even though I normally do technical chars. MtlWolfChaos is the name.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Alright, thanks for the answers folks. :)

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

M.mech to 61 [COMPLETE]

Leveling gunner is torture.

Leveling m.mech is torture till you get EX-S Viper

Viper is amazing and everything is fun after that.

For the event rewards, I got a bunch of stuff, but the important bits are the Tiger Capsule Machine Sub-equipment, and the accessory boxes.

You get 3 boxes and you choose either Ring, Bracelet or Necklace in 1 of two flavors:
+Item and Unique Drop Chance
or
+Town Move Speed
+Quest Item Drop Chance

I dont know anything about how progression works for end-game DFO so I haven't picked which ones I'm going to get yet.

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 27, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Good job. I'm about 4% from 53 on my Asura.

Though I really regret not just restarting my Avenger. He'd have lost his neat title from OBT1 but he'd have some loving Kaledo boxes to use on the inferior Dragon Scythe +10 he has :sigh:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

This game is making me hate my battle mage, I have literally not gotten a single dragon teardrop in one entire day's worth of FP.

What the gently caress is with this drop rate.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

NachtSieger posted:

This game is making me hate my battle mage, I have literally not gotten a single dragon teardrop in one entire day's worth of FP.

Meanwhile I have about 300 across my alts and I just barely got 100 on my WM after hitting 50

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Doublestep posted:

Meanwhile I have about 300 across my alts and I just barely got 100 on my WM after hitting 50

Yeah, every single other character I play gets fistfuls of them each run. Meanwhile at this point I'd be glad to get a single one on my battle mage. If this trend continues I'm going to be stuck at 70% for the next 29 days.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Mindblast posted:

Chaos is probably a bad main class, but she makes a fun alt. I certainly won't mind bulldozing the poo poo out of Fanatics with all my little demon pals.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

NachtSieger posted:

I completed my Dragon Weapon like a week ago and now have almost 200 teardrops. Wish they had a use after you finished the weapon.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
I feel like I need a little validation. Monk is preposterously unsuited to Tower of Death compared to battlemage, right? Because I've got about a 90% clear rate on my battlemage but I just got crushed by Nightna. Nightna of all floors! She's a joke that I use to refresh my cool downs on battlemage, but she just Meteor Strike into Fullswing'd me from 100% health on my monk. When she does that to my battlemage I just have to pop large potion and then shoot chasers at everything.

I'm just a little bummed that I have that title of shame, now.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

TheBlandName posted:

I feel like I need a little validation. Monk is preposterously unsuited to Tower of Death compared to battlemage, right? Because I've got about a 90% clear rate on my battlemage but I just got crushed by Nightna. Nightna of all floors! She's a joke that I use to refresh my cool downs on battlemage, but she just Meteor Strike into Fullswing'd me from 100% health on my monk. When she does that to my battlemage I just have to pop large potion and then shoot chasers at everything.

I'm just a little bummed that I have that title of shame, now.

Of note is that said fullswing has a reasonably high chance to just outright kill you no matter how much hp you have, so odds are you just got unlucky. Despair isn't that bad on monk overall, anything vaguely hard you can just press hurricane and roll and autokill the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

I'm not hosed if I chose tonfa for my m.brawler in the growing weapon event, right?

Do people still not max claw for throwing builds?

• Locked thread