Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Godholio posted:

Anybody good at troubleshooting wifi bullshit?

Got a new Cisco DPC3941T wireless AC/N modem/router from Comcast. Intermittently the internet connection goes to poo poo on wifi...I think it stays normal on a wired connection, based on the one time I checked. During the most recent bout of everything losing connection to the internet (laptop, xbox) I pinged the router, and instead of the usual 2-5ms, I was getting 700-1200ms. Pinging google returned results of around 2000ms instead of the usual 50-70. Then magically it'll clear up.

Renewing IP poo poo doesn't do anything, resetting the modem doesn't do anything. I don't think I've ever had a problem that couldn't be solved in the most basic steps that wasn't actually a hardware problem, so at this point I'm stumped.

i honestly hate any router/modem combo from ISPs. I was happy when U-Verse left CT if for nothing else than to justify paying more for cable internet, so I could use my own equipment.

But yeah, try using Google DNS instead see if that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Just watched that video where 4chan convinces an autistic kid to cover his mom's laptop with salt water, butter and then cook it on the stove to fix his twitch channel. Pretty hosed up, but still made me laugh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrCk5G-08rc

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Spicy Guacamole posted:

C such my dick what kind is wrong sugar no single chocks this is bullshit

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Don't put me at a table with ask married chocks this is some fixing horsehair

:agreed:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Kevin Casey in the UFC, obviously.

He comin' up the ladder tho

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

It would take something ten orders of magnitude greater than a nuclear bomb to alter earth's orbit in any way.

In any meaningful way, yeah. But any impact regardless of magnitude will alter the orbit, even if it is just by an inch over a hundred million miles.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

Anybody good at troubleshooting wifi bullshit?

Got a new Cisco DPC3941T wireless AC/N modem/router from Comcast. Intermittently the internet connection goes to poo poo on wifi...I think it stays normal on a wired connection, based on the one time I checked. During the most recent bout of everything losing connection to the internet (laptop, xbox) I pinged the router, and instead of the usual 2-5ms, I was getting 700-1200ms. Pinging google returned results of around 2000ms instead of the usual 50-70. Then magically it'll clear up.

Renewing IP poo poo doesn't do anything, resetting the modem doesn't do anything. I don't think I've ever had a problem that couldn't be solved in the most basic steps that wasn't actually a hardware problem, so at this point I'm stumped.

if you're getting massive ping times direct to the router then the local network is hosed

as someone else mentioned try connecting with a cable but if you've already done a complete reset of the router you probably need a new one

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Two Finger posted:

if you're getting massive ping times direct to the router then the local network is hosed

as someone else mentioned try connecting with a cable but if you've already done a complete reset of the router you probably need a new one

My laptop and my AP given by my ISP weren't playing nice with intermittent ping spikes in the 1000ms range - I did this and it fixed it.

Network adapter - properties - advanced - scroll down to WMM and disable it. But, the problem was only my laptop - wired and other wifi devices worked just fine.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Should I bother watching Captain America 2 or Thor 2 before seeing the new avengers?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Should I bother watching Captain America 2 or Thor 2 before seeing the new avengers?

SHIELD is actually a front for HYDRA. Odin is now Loki is disguise. That is literally all you need to know.

There, I just saved you four boring titless hours.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Stop watching all "Marvel Cinematic Universe" stuff at the start of the credits for Iron Man 1. There, I just saved you dozens of boring titless hours.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

at the date posted:

Stop watching all "Marvel Cinematic Universe" stuff at the start of the credits for Iron Man 1. There, I just saved you dozens of boring titless hours.

N4I this dude says your husbando is poo poo

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Stop watching movies based on comic books. There, I just saved you countless boring hours. Go get peep some butts or pet some dogges or something else fun.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Dark Knight is pretty much a Michael Mann-type crime film so go watch that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Rad Lieutenant posted:

they were both cool imo

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

N4I this dude says your husbando is poo poo

Just to be clear, Robert Downey Jr. is the only good part of any of the movies and he still can't save Iron Man 2, 3, or The Avengers.

e: unless you were talking about somebody else, in which case I question N4I's choice of husbando

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 26, 2015

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I liked Cap 2 and the Avengers. The first cap was pretty bad, the rest were okay.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Guardians of the Galaxy and Daredevil are the best things Marvel has put out. Everything else is mostly trash.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I can't not post this here

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy and Daredevil are the best things Marvel has put out. Everything else is mostly trash.

Ironman 1 was pretty cool tbh

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Iron Man 3 was p good when he's just rigging poo poo up to beat on dudes without crazy hi-tech equipment.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I can't not post this here

whats with the sad face?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

iron man 3 is just a day in the life of tony stark and i love it for that

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

iron man 3 is stupid as fuq because t stark couldve called in all his fuckin autonomous suits at any point to save the day but instead waited until the last possible moment for mysterious and unexplained reasons

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Winning At Life

By Tony Stark

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

at the date posted:

Just to be clear, Robert Downey Jr. is the only good part of any of the movies and he still can't save Iron Man 2, 3, or The Avengers.

e: unless you were talking about somebody else, in which case I question N4I's choice of husbando
Iron Man 3 is probably the best one.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

holocaust bloopers posted:

The Dark Knight is pretty much a Michael Mann-type crime film so go watch that.

it is fantastic

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i liked the first cap for silly/stupid reasons and i understand why people hate it

second cap was fun, robert redford doing what he does was rad

the thor movies are cool because they go full retard on a lot of things and tom hiddleson does loki in a cool way

if i was 10 years old and avengers came out i would've lost my goddamn mind a million times.

honestly the thing that impresses me the most about the marvel movies is that it's actually being made in the first place. the fact that they're putting out so many franchises and making crossovers and then jamming them all together for the avengers is something that wouldn't have happened 10 years ago

that and the fact that they actually made an ant-man movie

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Guys I really hate fun stuff like mindless action movies that have silly high-tech devices and Scarlett Johanssen.
:goonsay:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ant-man is only the start of Marvel's C and D team heroes getting movies. I mean gently caress. Iron man was considered a scrub comic book hero for a while up until the movies.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Iron Man is a scrub comic book hero, it's RDJr who's awesome.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Iron Man is a scrub comic book hero, it's RDJr who's awesome.

i agree with this 100%. he made tony stark into an awesome character to watch

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

who else remembers this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE

nineties as hell

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

nineties as hell

lol you're dropping your kid off at school and see this dude hanging around the parking lot:

What do you do?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nineties as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A71i0a5x-qA

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Still awesome.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Between that show and the Rocketeer, I'll never stop loving art deco.

They actually used black paper for BAS to give it that dark feel. WB actually put a surprising amount of money and effort into production.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

Between that show and the Rocketeer, I'll never stop loving art deco.

They actually used black paper for BAS to give it that dark feel. WB actually put a surprising amount of money and effort into production.

they stopped the black paper around season 2 or 3 because the japanese animators hated it so much

it was an insanely rad show though. i still read the comics in mark hammil/kevin conroy's voices

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I loved the Batman animated series and I also liked the Justice League one. It had a lot of sucky episodes but Green Lantern was a cool bald black guy and they had some crazy alternate history episode where Green Lantern fights WW2 as a commando without his powers and everyone else fights 70's super science totally-not-Nazis.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they stopped the black paper around season 2 or 3 because the japanese animators hated it so much

it was an insanely rad show though. i still read the comics in mark hammil/kevin conroy's voices

Those two are the Joker and Batman for me, and will continue to be forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Batman TAS had some of the most hosed up episodes to see as a kid. The Clayface one, and mr freeze are the ones that spring to mind. Awesome show

• Locked thread