Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Grump posted:

THIS GUY FUCKS
I've been known to gently caress, myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
This episode was good, but I thought that Big Head and Eric were on okay terms?

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
Hanneman's history is literally MarkCuban.txt and that is awesome

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

What was the credits song this time?

Quoting cause I want to know this too.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

I've been known to gently caress, myself.

Good comma usage.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Arzakon posted:

Looking forward to the episode that features "The Whale Tank" show.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Grump posted:

THIS GUY FUCKS

CRAZY gently caress! I LOVE THIS GUY!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Arzakon posted:

Yeah I'm realizing he's yet another character where I'm going to have to tell some people that: "NO THAT'S AN ACTUAL PERSON".

adrenaline_junket
May 29, 2005
gotta get a rush!

DivisionPost posted:

I kind of understood where Hanneman was coming from with his advice on how to get the most out of Pied Piper.

This scares the poo poo out of me.

The only thing that was missing to make it credible, was talk about growth first, revenue later. Pretty much every week TechCrunch reports on a startup that is prioritising user growth over revenue.

One of my favourite Hanneman scenes was him pulling up in the McLaren with Limp Bizkit blasting and then trying to leave and it wouldn't go into gear.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

withak posted:

Also the google suggestions were pretty funny.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

ultramiraculous posted:

what.

I mean maybe I'm "that guy", but a general complaint I hear is that the show is "toned down for mass-consumption". Maybe SV is just a broken place :smith:

It's a fantasy in the sense that most people will never experience it and it's a world very different to every day life, not that it's unrealistic.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Harry posted:

I've got 3 nannies suing me right now, one of them for no reason.

I love this guy.

That was my favorite line of the night what a perfect joke.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

ROI: Radio On the Internet

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

Quoting cause I want to know this too.

Phantom (Redux) by Shirt. Saw it on his Twitter, couldn't find it on Youtube or anything so maybe it was released to coincide with the episode?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Gavin comparing the treatment of Billionaires to the Holocaust is a reference to Tom Perkins. He took some flack for doing that in a letter to the WSJ.

Raccooon fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 27, 2015

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
So it looks like they've actually bought that Pied Piper billboard in the real world, at least in the bay area. It's one slide of the electronic billboard by the Ikea in East Palo Alto.

Has anyone seen it anywhere else?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

adrenaline_junket posted:

The only thing that was missing to make it credible, was talk about growth first, revenue later. Pretty much every week TechCrunch reports on a startup that is prioritising user growth over revenue.

One of my favourite Hanneman scenes was him pulling up in the McLaren with Limp Bizkit blasting and then trying to leave and it wouldn't go into gear.

Rolling up with Limp Bizkit blasting told me all I needed to know about the character.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That whole scene I was hoping it would end with him unable to drive it competently and I was not disappointed.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I enjoyed Outrageous VC Guy, but I hope he doesn't take up too much time from the rest of the season, except to interact with Laurie.

Deadulus posted:

ROI: Radio On the Internet

..........................................Internet :smug:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Deadulus posted:

Gavin comparing the treatment of Billionaires to the Holocaust is a reference to Tom Perkins. He took some flack for doing that in a letter to the WSJ.

Shalom alaikum.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The scene where Russ meets the team was amazing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I was expecting them to start working for Hooli right as it got sunk by the holocaust comments

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

"I want to know what kind of hosed up childhood this guy had" was good poo poo. I laughed. Russ owns.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 27, 2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Russ reminds me of the o face guy from office space.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Finally found the end credits song. It's some obscure single, that I could only find on iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/phantom-redux-single/id989095768

Here's another track by him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX0z2nX_W68

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

But I bought your pitch...

Yeah, you hosed up, too.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I like it, bringing in a guy looking to sell a company, not build a company. I wonder how long they'll take to realize it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Why isn't the thread title "THIS THREAD FUCKS" yet?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

DivisionPost posted:

Seconded

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Arzakon posted:

It seems more of a mix between Mark Cuban and Sean Parker.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

NESguerilla posted:

Russ reminds me of the o face guy from office space.

I had just watched Veep (which also has Diedrich Bader) and I thought it was him too until I got a good look at his face.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

DivisionPost posted:

For real. I don't think that quote is going to be topped for the rest of the season.

Also, that dude reminds me of James Vanderbeek with brown hair.

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
Just watched this episode for a third time. Russ Hanneman is incredible.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

gret posted:

It seems more of a mix between Mark Cuban and Sean Parker.

I mean Radio On the Internet (ROI bitches) getting sold to AOL is clearly meant to mirror Mark Cuban selling literally the same thing to Yahoo. I can see some Sean Parker as well in the personality. Maybe Hanneman'll have a Game of Thrones themed wedding, which wrecks a protected forrest, and the Pied Piper team will be forced to write an app that streams high-fidelity endangered bird songs.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

This show is GREAT.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Grump posted:

Also, that dude reminds me of James Vanderbeek with brown hair.

I couldn't put my finger on it until just now, but yes. So so much.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think my favorite part was the team trying to smile with their top and bottom teeth at the same time.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

teagone posted:

"I want to know what kind of hosed up childhood this guy had" was good poo poo. I laughed. Russ owns.

I could watch Gilfoyle try and cut Russ down and Russ just failing to acknowledge it all day. It almost looked like Gilfoyle was getting through Hanneman's ego defenses but the guy was just too up his own rear end to be remotely affected by anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

I could watch Gilfoyle try and cut Russ down and Russ just failing to acknowledge it all day. It almost looked like Gilfoyle was getting through Hanneman's ego defenses but the guy was just too up his own rear end to be remotely affected by anything.

The long pauses really made it. It came off like he was suppressing a complete breakdown, rather than holding back rage. "THIS GUY" was the moment when his ego clenched back up and won control of the situation.

• Locked thread