Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is anyone completely redoing the soundtrack of 3-1 or 3-2 in some organized yet insane way and documenting it? Like, giving all the Macross units different Star Trek opening themes, changing all the sphere reactors' final attack music to Journey songs, or something like that?

edit: is the BGM file that the game makes packageable with MP3s and transferrable?

I sort of half did that for Z3-1, but for Z3-2 I just rpelaced all the songs with their originals, replacing the few I don't like with better songs (ELO's Twilight for the Maximum break music, Crawling in My Skin for Asakim, Old Kung-Fu music for Hibiki, Danger Zone for the Macross guys, Voice fo Gaia for Char Aznable, etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I haven't gotten Z3.2 yet but I did do some of that stuff with Z3.1. I mostly switched up songs for either better quality or better tracks to use. All of the Code Geass guys got the ACE:R version of 02, Aquarion Evol team got Sousei no Aquarion. I gave some joke songs out though. Mari got Cruel Angels Bikehorn and my room mate did a joke run where he renamed his Hibiki to Phillip Funeral and gave him the battle music for Space Funeral as the Genion BGM. As far as I remember the Wing crew got Rhythm Emotion, Urzu squad sans Sousuke got Scramble from Patlabor, Mazinger started with Kanjite Knight then got promoted to Mazin Kenzan. I also used Red Stroke, Lowe's theme from Astray as the Maximum Break music. The only other thing is that my roommate likes to replace the Seed music with tracks from Hokuto Musou.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I tend to get the original versions of songs, especially if the original had vocals. They just sound better than the synth-y remakes to me. I have also replaced quite a few tracks with Gundam Build Fighters because that poo poo is awesome. My maximum break theme comes from GBF, and I replaced the Seed guys with some GBF stuff because their theme song has worn a bit thin by now.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

What do the upgrades do in A.C.E. Portable?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I finished my first run of Z3.1 today and Shikuu's burp machine made me laugh a lot. I'm the crab guy that talks about death a lot. Burp.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Does the SP Getter item from the D-Trader count every kill from a MAP attack? I'm guessing not (since the skill equivalent didn't in Z2.2) but the description doesn't say.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
It was a really tough decision on which JAM project song to set as my maximum break theme. I was so close to using Okkusenman, but in the end Asu he no houko won out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Oh man, I should totally put Masaaki Endoh's rendition of Asu E No Brilliant Road somewhere in there. But which song should I replace?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh man, I should totally put Masaaki Endoh's rendition of Asu E No Brilliant Road somewhere in there. But which song should I replace?
Come to think of it, where is Stellvia in SRW? They can defend the earth from asteroids and then stick around to fight space monsters or whatever.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Samurai Sanders posted:

Come to think of it, where is Stellvia in SRW? They can defend the earth from asteroids and then stick around to fight space monsters or whatever.

While SRW has its fair share of weird space jets they haven't quite made that step to use any shows that use solely those even if they might as well be mechs. There's a lot of them that are pretty much mecha shows even if no limbs are involved. Off the top of my head we've got Yamato, Simoun, Galilei Donna, Yukikaze, Blue Earth SOS, some exist in Kissdum too. I'd kinda hoped that when they were starting to use Tekkaman Blade and Orgun that they'd go for less traditional definitions of the genre more often but since then the closest we've gotten is Heroman pretty much.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I still like the Iczer animations from SRW L

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6EhMKm-jIE

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gyra_Solune posted:

While SRW has its fair share of weird space jets they haven't quite made that step to use any shows that use solely those even if they might as well be mechs. There's a lot of them that are pretty much mecha shows even if no limbs are involved. Off the top of my head we've got Yamato, Simoun, Galilei Donna, Yukikaze, Blue Earth SOS, some exist in Kissdum too. I'd kinda hoped that when they were starting to use Tekkaman Blade and Orgun that they'd go for less traditional definitions of the genre more often but since then the closest we've gotten is Heroman pretty much.

Can we give Guyver and the Zoanoids some Ultraman capsules?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Rascyc posted:

I still like the Iczer animations from SRW L

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6EhMKm-jIE

L was a great-looking game overall. Some complain about how a lot of the cutins are more or less just direct rips from the anime but I think it's done in a way that looks pretty nice. The UI is pleasant too and the soundtrack is generally great (and still has the only good renditions of Ignited and Lion). It's sad that they didn't keep that engine and stuff for the 3DS stuff, I really like it and hope if a good fangame cooperation ever rises up that they use L as a base.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ryoga posted:

It was a really tough decision on which JAM project song to set as my maximum break theme. I was so close to using Okkusenman, but in the end Asu he no houko won out.

I used Okkusenman for Z3-1 myself, I need to decide on something for Z3-2. If I could get the Build Fighters OST that would help.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I reached the FMP novels part of Z3-2, and it seems like they toned down the grim-derpness of the later storyline, which is good because FMP going all grim-dark didn't really work. I only read Full Metal Panic Sigma, and some of the later plot points/reveals wer ekind of cringe-inducing, really.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I reached the FMP novels part of Z3-2, and it seems like they toned down the grim-derpness of the later storyline, which is good because FMP going all grim-dark didn't really work. I only read Full Metal Panic Sigma, and some of the later plot points/reveals wer ekind of cringe-inducing, really.

If it makes you feel better, the author claimed to be deliberately writing a B movie from the 80s.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just realized I was missing a Skill Point... after I saved my game. :negative:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just realized I was missing a Skill Point... after I saved my game. :negative:

Restart.

All of it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Restart.

All of it.

Noooooooooooooooo.......

I think I'm going to switch game for a while. Maybe finish J. Or start a second playthrough of OG2.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

MonsieurChoc posted:

You don't use multiple save files?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Broken Loose posted:

You don't use multiple save files?

Sometimes, usually when playign adventure games and whatnot. I didn't think to do it this time.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
So Z3.1 has 100% kill carryover to NG+? That makes a lot of things way easier holy moly. Money and PP and Z Chips went at the expected 50% rate. I also didn't know that D Trader items were eligible to be carried over too, so that's 3 Haros, a Prana Converter and I don't even know what else I picked. I knew you never had to play the DLC again if you didn't want to but for some reason I thought that you could only claim the rewards as they would have normally unlocked, not right away first intermission.

KoB
May 1, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

So Z3.1 has 100% kill carryover to NG+? That makes a lot of things way easier holy moly. Money and PP and Z Chips went at the expected 50% rate. I also didn't know that D Trader items were eligible to be carried over too, so that's 3 Haros, a Prana Converter and I don't even know what else I picked. I knew you never had to play the DLC again if you didn't want to but for some reason I thought that you could only claim the rewards as they would have normally unlocked, not right away first intermission.

Haros are ok but theyre not even close to the hella broken D-Trader stuff.

You get 5 carry over items for each playthrough, up to 25.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

MonsieurChoc posted:

I love Stellvia. How have I never heard this cover before? :allears:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

There's a D-Trader item that casts Miracle on the user once per map. As in the same thing as Noriko's Ace Bonus. And if you carry it over you can buy another one. Too bad they removed it in 3.2.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah I'm pretty sure I went with 3 Haros, Piece of Miracle and the Prana Converter. If I didn't take the Miracle I don't know what I was thinking. The prana converter is a bit of a waste early on because nobody hits 150 will yet, but my thinking must have been two of them later on would be really good.

Out of interest, what skills did you put on everybody, especially Hibiki? I found him to be a bit squishy outside of GAI, even fully upgraded, at least the DEC Charger solves his energy problem in GAI. Resolve, Dash, Predict/Guard and then maxing Support attack for the dedicated second slot guys for the 25% bonus and 170 will imit for main attackers was my go to, just wondering if there were any neat combos I've missed. The only one I went "that seems good" was the skill where you take way less damage if you get hit by an attack that was likely to miss and I just slapped that on Chirico right away.

I also remember reading that the Zero System is the only one of the special skills that scales all the way to 200 with the Chimera card. Spiral Power and Lambda Driver only go to 170 apparently. I just put it on Ryouma because Noriko was full of D Trader stuff for one turn grunt clears.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I always just go for maximum damage.

Will Limit Break
E/B Save
Multi Target
Single Attack for units like Shin Getter with ALL finishers.
Hit & Away when necessary (a turn spend getting close is a turn wasted)
Attack Again once Ive gotten those, usually.

Anyone I used as the 2nd unit in a squad would get Guard/Predict/Dash

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah first thing I got Ryouma was the reduced all attack penalty because the Black Getter all attack is nuts good and then Stoner Sunshine later.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I decided to jsut do another run of Z2-1, cause I like that game. This time I'm around I'm gonna have fun swapping pilots and using people I don't normally. Any crazy/fun/funny suggestions for pilot swaps?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Fa in the Turn A.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Gyra_Solune posted:

Fa in the Turn A.
How many MS pilots have unique lines for other MSs anymore anyway? I tried Fa a bit in the Zeta in Z3-1, but she didn't seem to have anything of note.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

AWWWW HELL YEAH! Gundam Battle Operation Next announced for PS3 and PS4 and the beta is live now until Sunday.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

AWWWW HELL YEAH! Gundam Battle Operation Next announced for PS3 and PS4 and the beta is live now until Sunday.
Did the first one turn out any good? I only tried it briefly when it started up.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I can't anmelden. It says the payje is not foundo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Log in with a Japanese PSN account on the web store then click the link. I had to remote download it to my PS4 because I couldn't find the game on the actual Japanese PS Store and downloading it through the Library didn't work.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, it's definitely on the website.

edit: the picture of a Gundam being casually punched in the face like it's a bar fight is intriguing.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 30, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Not surprising: game blocks broadcasting on PS4. Thanks Bamco.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I see Reiji got into the regular Strike Gundam.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So is anyone trying this out? I managed to get into one game after switching to matchmaking on my Japanese account and couldn't do anything because every shot and melee attack just phased through enemies, it's really confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

So is anyone trying this out? I managed to get into one game after switching to matchmaking on my Japanese account and couldn't do anything because every shot and melee attack just phased through enemies, it's really confusing.
I did. Everyone was jumping all over the place, I didn't know for sure that I hit anything even once. Also, I couldn't turn over some enemy bases, it kept saying "operation blocked" even though no enemies were around, I didn't know if that was a bug or a feature. Then about halfway through, it lost sync and returned me to the menu. I don't see much promise in this, unless you absolutely HAVE to play a team vs team base capturing type game but with robots.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 30, 2015

• Locked thread