Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

CratSock posted:

What the gently caress is a Billy 12trees?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Twelvetrees
International rugby player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Urghh I'm disliking Lewis more and more each day, and cannot bring myself to give him the 'Our' title anymore which is a cardinal sin where British drivers are concerned. His pretentiousness is really starting to piss me off.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He's a god botherer who literally believes he has the divine blessing of are lord

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He's handsome and I want to see the nudes.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Urghh I'm disliking Lewis more and more each day, and cannot bring myself to give him the 'Our' title anymore which is a cardinal sin where British drivers are concerned. His pretentiousness is really starting to piss me off.

There's always Jensen.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Alain Post posted:

He's handsome and I want to see the nudes.

:agreed:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

GramCracker posted:

People see the 69 and associate it with sex, and then buy the magazine #mindgames

:thejoke:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

krushgroove posted:

There's always Jensen.

There is always our Jenson

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

JFairfax posted:

He's a god botherer who literally believes he has the divine blessing of are lord

That never bugged me about Senna, so I can't hold it against Lewis. Except Senna seemed to actually believe it, and Lewis seems more like he added it to his backstory for depth or to appeal to a wider churchy audience or something.

krushgroove posted:

There's always Jensen.

Jenson is the better choice. Lewis is the better driver, but Jenson is clearly the better choice.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

The gayest mag for the gayest lads.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm going to make a compilation folder of the most offensive images of women in motorsport and respond to any sexualized male with them. You are warned.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Riso posted:

The gayest mag for the gayest lads.

#phwoar

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

How do I boozeproof my brain

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This thread is going to explode before the next GP.

Already looks like a loving issue of GQ up in here.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I'm going to make a compilation folder of the most offensive images of women in motorsport and respond to any sexualized male with them. You are warned.

Tough talk, but we've all already seen the photos of your mum's trip to Silverstone. Half of the paddock was in her. Them.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CratSock posted:

That never bugged me about Senna, so I can't hold it against Lewis. Except Senna seemed to actually believe it, and Lewis seems more like he added it to his backstory for depth or to appeal to a wider churchy audience or something.

Senna was born in Brazil decades ago, and raced at a time when death was an occupational hazard. There are no atheists in a foxhole as they say.

Plus Senna actually did loads of charitable work and was an all around good guy.

I've never heard of Lewis ever doing anything notable with regards charity.

You can't be all religious and thankful for your blessings forget the charity aspect and not sharing your good fortune.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah Lewis, where's MY money. Spread the wealth.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

JFairfax posted:

He, like most sportspeople, does a fair wodge of charity work. eg. http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/oct/29/lewis-hamilton-india-grand-prix

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

JFairfax posted:

Uh, actually, if anything, he's one of the drivers that usually makes the news for doing a lot of charity poo poo usually for impoverished children and Venezuelans.

Now let me ask you this: when was the last time you heard Kimi doing anything charitable??????

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
He took that sky presenter ice racing

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So Hamilton went on some trips to meet kids and a few foundation fundraisers.

It's estimated that Senna had donated around $400,000,000 to charity by the time of his death.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I still hate Senna.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

JFairfax posted:

Senna was born in Brazil decades ago, and raced at a time when death was an occupational hazard. There are no atheists in a foxhole as they say.

Plus Senna actually did loads of charitable work and was an all around good guy.

You can't be all religious and thankful for your blessings forget the charity aspect and not sharing your good fortune.

This makes it sound like Senna raced in the 60s. Death around every corner!

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

All I am saying is Nico will buy a copy while at the same time moaning how the wrong Mercedes driver's on the cover.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Why do you hate the dead?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alain Post posted:

I still hate Senna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjEdqxaNuP8

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Wirth1000 posted:

Uh, actually, if anything, he's one of the drivers that usually makes the news for doing a lot of charity poo poo usually for impoverished children and Venezuelans.

Now let me ask you this: when was the last time you heard Kimi doing anything charitable??????

I really do not think racism is a major issue in the worst thread or in f1 fandom at large, but it strikes me how uncanny this is.

Conservative America : Obama

is to

F1 Fandom : Lewis hamilton

As in there are plenty of legitimate things to complain about, but they instead go for more visceral, pointed attacks that have little reflection in "Reality" (Which has a well known lewis hamilton bias), but if you call them on it they will act like you are the crazy one, and its the most obvious thing in the world. He's the first to thank the team after a victory, but he's selfish and arrogant. He donates crazy money to charity, but "I dont think he does any charity". He dragged slow cars to the front and made a well timed move everyone doubted, but "He had everything handed to him, he always had the best car".

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Alain Post posted:

Hefe seems like a good genuine lad

I'm errrrr.... normal.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lewis sucks.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Lewis sucks. Seig heil

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Norns posted:

Lewis sucks.

He's a good lad.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Man, this owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmzyHri8xKk

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I really do not think racism is a major issue in the worst thread or in f1 fandom at large, but it strikes me how uncanny this is.

Conservative America : Obama

is to

F1 Fandom : Lewis hamilton

As in there are plenty of legitimate things to complain about, but they instead go for more visceral, pointed attacks that have little reflection in "Reality" (Which has a well known lewis hamilton bias), but if you call them on it they will act like you are the crazy one, and its the most obvious thing in the world. He's the first to thank the team after a victory, but he's selfish and arrogant. He donates crazy money to charity, but "I dont think he does any charity". He dragged slow cars to the front and made a well timed move everyone doubted, but "He had everything handed to him, he always had the best car".

I don't even know how to mentally process this in this thread, a normal, insightful post. Holy poo poo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I didn't realize this but Roberto Merhi, one of Manor's F1 drivers, is still racing in Formula 3.5 at the same time.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Last night I learned that Nico Rosberg's wife runs an ice cream shop called Vivi's Creamery. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vivis-Creamery/199887340211857

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Norns posted:

Lewis sucks.

What?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

keevo posted:

Last night I learned that Nico Rosberg's wife runs an ice cream shop called Vivi's Creamery. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vivis-Creamery/199887340211857

I've seen some pictures and I have to admit, I wouldn't mind spending an evening inside Vivi's Creamery

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

poty posted:

I've seen some pictures and I have to admit, I wouldn't mind spending an evening inside Vivi's Creamery

I'd rather gently caress Rosberg and I'm not gay.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MattD1zzl3 posted:

who gives a poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

Lewis sucks hard cocks

• Locked thread