Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
head58
Apr 1, 2013

sbaldrick posted:

gently caress you assholes teasing me with the real JSA again.

No, YOU'RE the one tearing up reading about an elderly man visiting his friend in the hospital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Who? The main one that Max killed, the Justice League 3000 version from Super Buddies, the Convergence: Blue Beetle one, and the Convergence: JLI one?

Just in Convergence there's a Ted Kord in Kingdom Come, JLI, Blue Beetle, and Justice Riders.

I'm just disappointed the giant bug version hasn't shown up.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Unkempt posted:

I thought Frank Miller was dying, or was that just a rumour?

He looks like he's dying but nothing's ever been said to confirm that anything is wrong with the guy.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Unkempt posted:

I thought Frank Miller was dying, or was that just a rumour?
Like, we're all dying, maaan. :okpos:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TwoPair posted:

He looks like he's dying but nothing's ever been said to confirm that anything is wrong with the guy.

there is totally something wrong

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TwoPair posted:

He's either turning into Fred Kreuger or his hatefilled worldview is draining the life from his current bioshell.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
How old is he? If he's 60 that looks like an unhealthy old age.

Or he needs to lay of the crack.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Anora posted:

How old is he? If he's 60 that looks like an unhealthy old age.

Or he needs to lay of the crack.

58!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

He's either turning into Fred Kreuger or his hatefilled worldview is draining the life from his current bioshell.

His world view is just distilling his body into the pure essence of hate. His outward appearance is taking its final form of The Vulture.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

At this rate he'll attain a Palpatinian veneer by the time he hits retirement.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I reckon what happened was he tried to shoot Samuel L. Jackson with lightning from his fingers, but Jackson reflected it back with a lightsabre, and that was the result.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I reckon what happened was he tried to shoot Samuel L. Jackson with lightning from his fingers, but Jackson reflected it back with a lightsabre, and that was the result.

But Jackson got stuck in The Spirit as a result, so he's the bigger victim here.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

But Jackson got stuck in The Spirit as a result, so he's the bigger victim here.

But then Jackson ate all the scenery and turned into Nick Fury :shrug:

(Goddam that movie was weird and bad, but Jackson always looks like he's having the time of his life, egg on face or not)

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

fatherboxx posted:

Not drawn by Miller/Varley, co-loving-written with DC staffers, movie tie-in - not real Dark Knight.

thats what makes it appealing to me

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

McSpanky posted:

The nu52 has been a knife slowly sliding into the ribs of all the great things that came before it, and Convergence is the blade being twisted.

Convergence is more like them pull the knife out and you think it's over, then they start hitting you with a baseball bat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Convergence mini-series is absolutely dreadful.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Codependent Poster posted:

The Convergence mini-series is absolutely dreadful.
It's like someone trying to apologize for turning E2 into the grimdeath Darkseid hour. Hey, your favorite heroes aren't done! They're still fighting the fight!

Though I quite like that the God Planet hungers and is basicially Mogolactus.

Meanwhile all the minis happen in some weird Fanficty space that kind of picks up in 199x, but doesn't (but does).

And I think we're all in for a shock when Telos has to rebel against Brainiac, or something like that, in the shocking finale that will shake the DC universe to the core!

It's like a clumsy way to ape Moore's Supremacy concept.

But boy howdy will it make for an awesome game. DC could have quite the profitable DLC expansion season for Infinite Crisis with this!

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 27, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

+
Detective Comics
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/convergence-detective-comics-1-dc-comics-2015

Infinity Inc
http://www.avclub.com/article/exclusive-dc-preview-convergence-infinity-inc-spot-218581

World's Finest
http://weirdsciencedccomicsblog.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/convergence-worlds-finest-1-preview.html

Waiting on Action Comics and Shazam.

e: These three seem quite neat, especially World's Finest.
I like Det seeming to give the opposing city equal time.

ee: Interview on Darkseid War.
http://www.comicosity.com/interview-geoff-johns-and-jason-fabok-launch-darkseid-war/

eee: Here's Action Comics
http://www.craveonline.com/comics/previews/850777-exclusive-preview-convergence-action-comics-1

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 28, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo

The new suits look loving awesome :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 28, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Holy poo poo

Dammit Scott Lobdell just drop the act and get a namechange already.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

TwoPair posted:

Dammit Scott Lobdell just drop the act and get a namechange already.

Don't taunt me with this, now I want to believe.

Such patches. Patches much.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Holy poo poo

Thats boss. Lobdell & his crew always know what's up

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Convergence-Week-4-Sale/page/6395?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

DC One Million 1-4
Superman: Red Son
Adventure Comics 460-465
Infinity Inc 1-10
Justice League of America (1960) 29-40, 170-172
Power of Shazam 1-20
Gotham by Gaslight, some 80's Mad Max Jonah Hex, Showcase 97-99 (Power Girl's origin), old Captain Atom featuring Ted Kord's debut.

A whole lot is only black and white for some reason.

I went for the Shazams.

e: Interview with JRJR about upcoming Superman
http://www.newsarama.com/24315-upcoming-truth-explores-superman-s-humanity-says-romita-jr.html

Multiversity #2 preview
http://www.newsarama.com/24317-morrison-s-multiversity-ends-with-blood-sucking-justice-league-in-2-preview.html

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 28, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hal's new look :cripes:

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
There's actually a pretty cool Star Wars vibe there.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That's a really on-point Kyle Rayner design.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Semper Fudge posted:

There's actually a pretty cool Star Wars vibe there.

I guess so, but Venditti has proven again and again to utterly gently caress up any good idea he has.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

His glove reminds me of the power gloves the Planeteers got in that one episode of Captain Planet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

That's a really on-point Kyle Rayner design.

Yeah, how the hell is that Hal Jordan and not Kyle?

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Shazam preview:
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comics/convergence-shazam-jeff-parker-and-doc-shaner-make-golden-age-magic/

I would happily read ten ongoings like this.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have really wanted to like Convergence, because I love multiple universe poo poo, but god it's all so boring. I was hoping we were going to see like every version of the hero's and villains getting together and doing things. Like I wanted to see full spreads of every different superman version standing next to each other. If you are going to make a clusterfuck make it a goddamn clusterfuck. It all just feels safe.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Why is Clark Kent such a douche in this?

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I have really wanted to like Convergence, because I love multiple universe poo poo, but god it's all so boring. I was hoping we were going to see like every version of the hero's and villains getting together and doing things. Like I wanted to see full spreads of every different superman version standing next to each other. If you are going to make a clusterfuck make it a goddamn clusterfuck. It all just feels safe.

In a weird way, the book that seemed closest to what I'd hoped Convergence would be turned out to be Squirrel Girl 4: Galactus and Squirrel Girl are from different enough genres of comic that seeing them interact is genuinely appealing. Seeing 90s Superboy say "look at that fast man" at Kingdom Come Flash is...well, less so.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

vegetables posted:

In a weird way, the book that seemed closest to what I'd hoped Convergence would be turned out to be Squirrel Girl 4: Galactus and Squirrel Girl are from different enough genres of comic that seeing them interact is genuinely appealing. Seeing 90s Superboy say "look at that fast man" at Kingdom Come Flash is...well, less so.

I would have loved to see like Alex Ross super man from kingdom come meet up with like an overly 90's super boy. With different art styles and everything.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's been 0 days since DC did something stupid:

http://gerryconway.tumblr.com/post/117619743363/who-created-caitlin-snow-on-theflash-according

quote:

Let’s say DC agrees you created a character, like, for example, Killer Frost. In your original creation, Killer Frost had a secret identity named Crystal Frost. Later, a “new” Killer Frost is created for the New 52, and this new Killer Frost has a secret identity named Caitlin Snow.

You’ll be pleased to hear (I hope) that DC agrees I and Al Milgrom are the co-creators of all manifestations of “Killer Frost.” We are also considered the co-creators of Crystal Frost. And, of course, by the twisted logic that credits Power Girl as a derivation of Superman, Al and I must also be the creators of Killer Frost’s New 52 secret identity, Caitlin Snow.

Right?

No. We’re not. And DC insists we are not. And I agree with DC.

Caitlin Snow was created by Sterling Gates and Derlis Santacruz.

Except, according to DC Entertainment, she wasn’t. Because she was “derived” from the original creation of Killer Frost.

Which means Al Milgrom and I created her.

Except, according to DC Entertainment, we didn’t.

Nobody created her.

Or, rather, nobody gets credit and creator equity participation for creating her.

And that, my friends, is truly obnoxious and despicable.

DC Entertainment has created a marvelous catch-22 that allows them to cheat creators by using both sides of an argument to serve DC’s interests.

According to DC, Sterling Gates and Derlis Santacruz didn’t create Caitlin Snow. Don Newton and I didn’t create Jason Todd. Ric Estrada and I didn’t create Power Girl. Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster didn’t create Superboy. Bob Kanigher and Carmine Infantino didn’t create Barry Allen.

These characters just appeared out of nowhere.

But the money for their exploitation goes directly into DC’s bank account.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Keeping a proud tradition going since 1938.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's evil as gently caress.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That is just awful.

And also, wow Killer Frost's original name was Crystal Frost? Something about that name just strikes me as ridiculously lazy/silly even in a world where Mr. Freeze/Victor Fries is a thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does Edward Nigma also bother you?

I'm sure there's a hundred other horrible real names in comics, I just can't think of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Killer Frost is a regular on the Flash TV show? Isn't that a bit redundant?

e: Guess I'm assuming they've got a Captain Cold on there.

• Locked thread