Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because it's not even poo poo that's deep in the game, it's legit the first cutscene of the first stage and on the side is a first Bloody Palace. Why didn't he avoid trailers in general if he didn't want to know about anything because this is a game series that actively runs itself on the cool factor with great gameplay to supplement it and all of that poo poo was shown in trailers. It's not like they've shown you anything you didn't see already. It'd be more understandable if it was like footage from halfway into the game or something, but this is stuff you actively see in the trailers. If he cared about the story or whatever, then I'd just make a lovely light jab at him and call it a day there.

You can't call these spoilers when it is the first thing in the game because then just knowing about the stuff should be enough to put you away, but apparently he already watched the trailers with the cool poo poo in it so why even bother worrying about the first loving things in the game at that point. It's not like they're going to show you anything you haven't seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

yeeart

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

"SOTP FKING PSOILING MY GAMPLAY GUYYYYYYYS"

If you're really that dumb, you could, I don't know, not click their videos?

And lol at thinking DMC isn't just a one player fighting game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

No please

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

If you're really that dumb, you could, I don't know, not click their videos?

Yeah, that was the point.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
What's the big deal? Dude's probably gonna buy the game anyways, so what's the difference if he doesn't watch gameplay footage beforehand? It's not like DmC where it's a whole new game that you need footage to assess and judge it before it comes out whether or not you're going to buy it. It's a new character in a next-gen port of a game everyone's already played and enjoyed.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Looks like the Japanese are getting a special special edition:

Pizza Box Edition

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't handle all of this pizza.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

loving capcom

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a good thing that this game is going to be insanely import friendly or else I'd have a hard time justifying to myself why I spent 80 bucks to hear Vergil's lovely Japanese VA just so I could have DMC Pizza.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Holy poo poo, I thought this thread was archived, so I'm going to repost what I just posted in the Chat thread:

Devil May Cry 3 has mods? I dunno if anyone knows about this, but there are some pretty bitchin mods that caused me to reinstall it. Hint: Downsample from 4k. Some textures look old, others scale much better.

Style Switcher
- binds the dpad to switching you between trickster, etc. Also adds a lot of features, noticably removing the fog and stuff like that. Lots of options, fairly varied. You can change certain moves to be cancellable and things like that. There's an xinput fix so that modern controllers work flawlessly without joy2key now. Full analogue. By default you start with all moves and styles, but not items... think that's toggleable. I'm cool with it.

Mod Forum, mostly skins
- Forum layout is difficult, and many not worth downloading, but depending on your taste there are HQ retextures and a UI (though it's not the prettiest, hopefully someone replaces it). Model replacements, largely from the later parts of the series.

I don't know whether this is of interest to anyone anymore but I'm quite excited. I haven't played it properly since my PS2 broke and it's still a drat good game. It looks much better than I expected, downsampled and with the fog removed and lighting/gamma fixed. e: Oh, yeah, you can change the battle music now. Yeah.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is the pizza box up on any sites for international ordering?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Also it has been confirmed that PC style super Nero/Dante is a go (ie automatic MAX-acts, always full royal guard and pandora meters). That more than anything clinches my purchase, I'm going to enjoy this on LDK mode and hopefully it means similar things for other characters (my body may not be ready for Vergil with pernament max concentration).

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is the pizza box up on any sites for international ordering?

Seems to be just a Capcom JP exclusive from their website. :(

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

In case anybody missed todays stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEZVDqSCznc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pesky Splinter posted:

Seems to be just a Capcom JP exclusive from their website. :(

I'm pretty sure it's the Limited Edition of the game in general which didn't have any display images of how it looked until now.

Like, here's where I ordered mine from.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-8148

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the Limited Edition of the game in general which didn't have any display images of how it looked until now.

Like, here's where I ordered mine from.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-8148

Welp, I stand corrected in the best possible way :v:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pesky Splinter posted:

Pizza Box Edition

gently caress here's me saying I'll never get a special edition and then this appears.

Well I suppose i'm not getting the console versions anyway.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Cool poo poo with Vergil if you can't watch the video for some reason:

Dark Slayer Style

- Trick Down only works in Devil Trigger now; very interesting change considering it's a major part of Vergil's air game

Yamato

- Letting Vergil complete his sheathing animation causes embedded Summoned Swords to explode

- Judgement Cut can be used in air, and just-timed; just-timing JC makes it pop out and Vergil recover nigh-instantly, while doing more hits.

- Rapid Slash can turn into a rushdown launcher by holding down the attack button

Force Edge

- Vergil can now use Million Stab and Drive/Overdrive. Overdrive looks and functions like Nero's Maximum Bet, hint hint

- Stinger can be used in mid-air

Beowulf

- Vergil can now use Kick 13

- Beowulf's attacks can now be charged

- Rising Sun can be used in mid-air

Summoned Swords

- All Summoned Sword special attacks can be held down; letting go releases the swords

- Sword Storm launches enemies on hit

- Rain of Swords (?) knocks enemies down

Devil Trigger

- Lets you spam ground-level teleports like Nero's Table Hopper

- Rapid Slash gets instant recovery

- Judgement Cut End requires max Concentration and DT mode

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 30, 2015

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I need that pizza box

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

notZaar posted:

How about I don't do that because I don't play fighting games. I know for a drat fact I would have enjoyed seeing "Judgement Cut End" for the first time in the game fresh without knowing about it beforehand.
Games like Wonderful 101 and MGR are way more enjoyable when you can appreciate the climax finishers for the first time as you're playing, for me it's a big part of the experience. And besides it's not like I'm closing the thread or telling people what or what not to post so why do you even give a poo poo.

What the gently caress

Pesky Splinter posted:

Pizza Box Edition

gently caress I actually want Pizza Edition. :allears:

Jon Do posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought this thread was archived, so I'm going to repost what I just posted in the Chat thread:

Devil May Cry 3 has mods? I dunno if anyone knows about this, but there are some pretty bitchin mods that caused me to reinstall it. Hint: Downsample from 4k. Some textures look old, others scale much better.

Style Switcher
- binds the dpad to switching you between trickster, etc. Also adds a lot of features, noticably removing the fog and stuff like that. Lots of options, fairly varied. You can change certain moves to be cancellable and things like that. There's an xinput fix so that modern controllers work flawlessly without joy2key now. Full analogue. By default you start with all moves and styles, but not items... think that's toggleable. I'm cool with it.

Mod Forum, mostly skins
- Forum layout is difficult, and many not worth downloading, but depending on your taste there are HQ retextures and a UI (though it's not the prettiest, hopefully someone replaces it). Model replacements, largely from the later parts of the series.

I don't know whether this is of interest to anyone anymore but I'm quite excited. I haven't played it properly since my PS2 broke and it's still a drat good game. It looks much better than I expected, downsampled and with the fog removed and lighting/gamma fixed. e: Oh, yeah, you can change the battle music now. Yeah.

Are these for the PC Port of DMC3, I assume? That port is hot garbage so I'm not sure its worth the effort of setting those mods up in the first place.

Mulgar
Dec 8, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Are these for the PC Port of DMC3, I assume? That port is hot garbage so I'm not sure its worth the effort of setting those mods up in the first place.

The Style Switcher is for DMC3, but I've heard it fixes a lot of the issues with that port.
Almost all of the Skins are for DMC4. They're worth a look, some of them are pretty great.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So after playing DmC Definitive I can safely say a large part of my complaints with the game are still unfixed even if hardcore mode and turbo. Like the changes made in hardcore are all really solid and I appreciate the majority of them but they can't fix the god awful level design or the overcomplicated devil angel gameplay.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mulgar posted:

The Style Switcher is for DMC3, but I've heard it fixes a lot of the issues with that port.
Almost all of the Skins are for DMC4. They're worth a look, some of them are pretty great.

Okay that's pretty baller.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, it's a bit of effort. By the time I was done I had smooth, high framerate (looked like 60, didn't check)... full analogue controls. No fog. Everything that made that port so poo poo is fixable with that post and GeDoSaTo for downsampling from 4k. There are also some high resolution textures and replacement models from later on in the series to be had.

The style switcher, if I'm not mistaken, gives you a larger movelist than any game in the series. I don't have a PS4, so I don't have the HD Remix, but one would hope some of these people are working on a texture mod from there.

edit: Yeah, solid 60fps downsampled from 4K to 1080p. Xinput works flawlessly, including betterDS3. No more low res keyboard nightmare. No more loving with Joy2Key only to get 8-direction movement.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 3, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jon Do posted:

No more loving with Joy2Key only to get 8-direction movement.

Yeah that was the killer for me. I could stomach the low resolution if it wasn't for the horrible horrible control setup.

I'll have to play with those mods then.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

Okay that's pretty baller.

Is that a custom model? I thought they only had texture swaps working.

Mulgar
Dec 8, 2013

notZaar posted:

Is that a custom model? I thought they only had texture swaps working.

Yup, the DMC1 mod also changes Lucifer's spikes into orange Force Edges.

There's even a mod to get Doppleganger in the game
http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/5430997/1/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nHKVOmpnew

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That is cool but their texture swaps for the weapons are hideous. Its that blend of obnoxiously ugly and bright you usually see on lovely riced out Civics.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
That DMC3 mod is extremely good but the game still has atrocious fps problems that are only fixed by deleting certain sound files and mid-level music tracks... such a bad port.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Huh, I have not yet gotten to any areas with FPS issues. Which files, in case I do?

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
How did I miss DMC4:SE being announced. I'm so hyped for this now. I take it the PC version is gonna be another game rather than an upgrade DLC for the current version?

Beef Waifu posted:

Holy poo poo, it's like they made MvC3 Vergil into a DMC game.

This is why I am so hyped.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Jon Do posted:

Huh, I have not yet gotten to any areas with FPS issues. Which files, in case I do?

You might not get it, but if you do, try the instructions here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/6550/discussions/0/864969320373351964/

Apparently some people don't get the sound fps bug for whatever reason. I've had it happen in an area in one playthrough, then not happen the next time... it's odd.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The DMC series can certainly be expanded, series producer reveals

quote:

In a new interview published on a Hong Kong gaming magazine, series producer Hideaki Itsuno has confirmed that Capcom certainly thinks that the Devil May Cry series might be expanded. Apparently the better the Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition sells, the sooner this new game will come.
From the words used, it definitely looks like another Devil May Cry game is already in development. When asked on the matter specifically, Itsuno san simply stated that the new game hasn’t been announced. Which pretty much confirms that development has already begun in some form or another.

Probably just a bunch of PR talk but it gives me a little hope :unsmith:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that's pretty much expected. They weren't gonna make this Special Edition if they didn't have plans for a sequel.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DMC4:SE's looking like it's going to be amazing, but anything about it that sends a message to Capcom about making DMC5 is icing on the cake.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much expected. They weren't gonna make this Special Edition if they didn't have plans for a sequel.

Yeah, they're using it as hype for a new game for certain. At best I'd say they're looking at the sales response to DmC:DE and DMC4's new version to decide what they'll focus on, and even that might be a bit much since I'd be shocked if they got the team together to do new stuff for DMC4 without the intent of moving them on to DMC5

Considering DmC:DE was the "We're very sorry edition" and DMC4 is the "look at all this new poo poo" edition, they seem to have more confidence in the latter.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

finally they can bridge the story gap between dmc4 and dmc2

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm super stoked for DMC4:SE.
More Spectacle Fighters are welcome in any form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, they're using it as hype for a new game for certain. At best I'd say they're looking at the sales response to DmC:DE and DMC4's new version to decide what they'll focus on, and even that might be a bit much since I'd be shocked if they got the team together to do new stuff for DMC4 without the intent of moving them on to DMC5

Considering DmC:DE was the "We're very sorry edition" and DMC4 is the "look at all this new poo poo" edition, they seem to have more confidence in the latter.

Only Devil Mea Culpa got a full retail release, though. That part, I don't get.

• Locked thread