Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Ariza posted:

Some people watch other people play video games for reasons that are unfathomable to me, though I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to. To me it seems like spending your very short time on this planet watching somebody water plants or lay a foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGjA66RSm0

Time well spent :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

That dude looks like he's a good lay.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
I like watching "professional" Street Fighter tournaments because, unlike the vast majority of games played "professionally", I've played SF enough to know understand why that last trick was so gutsy or why that comeback should have been impossible. This makes it just as interesting for me as watching any other live sport. To each his own, I guess.

Just in case you didn't know, the Twitch streamer was Justin Wong, as in "Let's go Justin!" from the now famous video of him and Daigo Umehara:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-p075gnSTw

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I presume it's his quick wit that earned him such a following? e.g. "WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

"Daddy, what are petebats?"

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"There: petebats of horse vaginas."

"Oh, yeah. Right. So this is a place where grownups tell jokes..."

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I want to pet that cat and console it and let it know it can float...

However...

razor sharp claws and thrashing about and poo poo...

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Am supposed to be impressed or depressed by this?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm going with "depressed at the fact that I will likely never be as good at whatever the gently caress my calling is as this guy is at his".

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Do the same thing repetitively 8 hours a day for a dozen years and you will.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jack Gladney posted:

Better to be Socrates unsatisfied than a pig satisfied, imo.

Tragically, Socrates would disagree with you.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jack Gladney posted:

Better to be Socrates unsatisfied than a pig satisfied, imo.

I don't think you should talk about your mom like that.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Data Graham posted:

I presume it's his quick wit that earned him such a following? e.g. "WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD"

How else is that kid supposed to learn about the real world, where grown rear end men repeatedly shoot you in the face with a rocket launcher.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Automatic Slim posted:

Fortune cookie says: You should aspire to be as good of a lay.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Besesoth posted:

Tragically, Socrates would disagree with you.

It doesn't even make any sense. Socrates would have kept loving the pig, until he finished too.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

This is relaxing as gently caress to watch for some reason.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Possibly Chicken posted:

This is relaxing as gently caress to watch for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiEQBboDE7s
Don't miss these guys then.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

moot the hopple posted:

How else is that kid supposed to learn about the real world, where grown rear end men repeatedly shoot you in the face with a rocket launcher.

How professional athletes treat kids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZjDMo2q4kE

How professional gamers treat kids: http://www.twitch.tv/eg_jwong/v/4580090?t=3h14m35s

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Except baseball is not a sport in which you win by ripping your opponents apart in a gory mess. I have no sympathy for kids getting poo poo on in games that you need an ID to buy or that would give Grandpa a 'Nam flashback.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kids love watching gore. And who knows, maybe he has the gore turned off. There really isn't any excuse for a grown man to pick on a child while playing a video game. Especially one as silly as Mortal Kombat.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
They should put your opponents age on screen somewhere so people know whether they're allowed to beat them or not.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Wow, look at all these 100+ year old playing our game that all happen to share January 1 birthdays. What a coincidence!

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Fellblade posted:

They should put your opponents age on screen somewhere so people know whether they're allowed to beat them or not.

No one except supernerd Professional Mortal Kombatant should be doing anything- THEY should maybe considering if mocking a child for not being as good at a video game as they are in fact makes them a bit of an rear end in a top hat.

Because it does.

Pretty sure the kid'll get over it though.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Is that...a Jaguar kitten or something?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

This is just as good, or better, than the block-layer above. However, being from a region prone to hurricanes, an unsupported brick dome like that gives me the heebie jeebies.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Is that...a Jaguar kitten or something?

Looks like a panther.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

I watched this entire video waiting for the scootinfruity before remembering what it was a reply to.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Looks like a panther.

All jaguars are panthers. So are all leopards and mountain lions.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

flosofl posted:

All jaguars are panthers. So are all leopards and mountain lions.

No, mountain lions (cougars) aren't panthers. They have more in comon with house cats than jaguars. Cougars are genus puma, jaguars are genus panthera. Still, wouldn't want to tangle with either.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Automatic Slim posted:

"No, but you see, he isn't playing video games for money, so what a loser" - some goon

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang
Professional video gamers get all the ladies.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I professionally watch people play video games. The entire gaming experience without any of the tedious button pushing. :mmmsmug:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SpannerX posted:

No, mountain lions (cougars) aren't panthers. They have more in comon with house cats than jaguars. Cougars are genus puma, jaguars are genus panthera. Still, wouldn't want to tangle with either.

Yeah, my mistake. The cougar is called panther in some areas of the US (i.e. Florida Panther), but that doesn't make it correct. Good catch.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

GunChicka posted:

Well, they get more of them if we're going by mass.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Greenplastic posted:

Are you guys some kind of species of goon-vampire? Never heard anyone have so much trouble with sunlight!

I blame my Irish genetics. No matter how much sunscreen I put on before I go out, and wear a hat, I burn, then turn a light shade of beige.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GunChicka posted:

No matter if you guy/girl or whatever, Cheevos impress people. It's almost like saying 'Well, I got tons of Cheevos. There are tons of people online that are interested and respect me."

You might be thinking 'Oh that's complete BS, I personally don't care about Cheevos when dating'.
And yeah, you are probably telling the truth, but it's in your sub-concious. Sort of like how girls always like the bad guy, but never admit it.

Braggin about your Cheevos sometimes makes you look conceited, but that's a good thing. It like how celebraties look conceited because they're rolling VIP into clubs and you're stuck in line.

'Brewer' asks 'What happens if you're cheevo talking at a bar, club or party and someone says they have more cheevos that you?'
Well, hopefully they are just hating and are lying. First look up their score with your cellphone, make sure you have a page bookmarked where you can check. If you catch them in a lie, you look even better.
If they are telling the truth and have more Cheevos than you, leave. Nothing else you can do. Buy the person a drink and leave, unless you're willing to look 2nd best. If you brought a date, odds are she's going to be impressed with the higher gamer score and ditch you. Get out as soon as you can and go to some other party.
I've heard many females that have over 100k complain that they have a limited dating pool because they don't want to date down. This could get very complicated. You might want to have a one night stand with someone of Bboy360's looks, but it's another thing to show up at E3 holding hands with someone that only has 20k Cheevos. I'd try to find something that will make up for the lack of cheevos like being a reality star or something.
I've made a equation I'm still working on to help with dating on your level:
Points = (Cheevos * 2) + youtube views + social media fans(myspace, facebook) + (breakdance skill leve(1-10) * 50,000)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

flosofl posted:

Yeah, my mistake. The cougar is called panther in some areas of the US (i.e. Florida Panther), but that doesn't make it correct. Good catch.

Actually, the genus Panthera comes after "panther" as a general word for large cat (πάνθηρ). And "panther" is a familiar, accepted term for cougar, even if it causes ambiguity. Plenty of English words cause ambiguity.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Actually, the genus Panthera comes after "panther" as a general word for large cat (πάνθηρ). And "panther" is a familiar, accepted term for cougar, even if it causes ambiguity. Plenty of English words cause ambiguity.

Well, I stand corrected, my apologies. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Owls are jerks.

• Locked thread