Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

Welp bought a reissue copy as well. I'm going to throw out a $250 on Amazon for the original one I purchased once I recieve. If no buy hold both until price rises again (like it inevitably will).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

c0ldfuse posted:

Welp bought a reissue copy as well. I'm going to throw out a $250 on Amazon for the original one I purchased once I recieve. If no buy hold both until price rises again (like it inevitably will).

Just like comic books in the 90s. Price rebounded and never stopped climbing.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

c0ldfuse posted:

Look at the Dredg El Cielo currently $300 and was reissued last year.

c0ldfuse posted:

I'm going to throw out a $250 on Amazon for the original one I purchased once I recieve. If no buy hold both until price rises again (like it inevitably will).

dude what. freebasing beanie babies

https://gripsweat.com/search/?query=buena%20vista%20social&page=1&sort_by=price
https://gripsweat.com/search/?query=dredg%20cielo&page=1&sort_by=price

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

BigFactory posted:

How much was the Pod?
$70 for The Pod. I've seen original Shimmy Disc pressings in the $100-150 range and this copy was well preserved.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

I bought my copy from ebay for $100, so I'm still alright aside from the re-issue being cheaper. Using Amazon for out of print vinyl is always expensive(r) and there is always a sucker who will buy through Amazon because it's Amazon. If it doesn't sell, who cares.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

$70 for The Pod. I've seen original Shimmy Disc pressings in the $100-150 range and this copy was well preserved.

That's way more than I'd spend on it but still pretty cool

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bowmore posted:

it arrived!

I hate you and gently caress off forever

e; That said if you want to trade it for the Head On single i'm down 8-)

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Recent Pickups:

Sorcerer OST by Tangerine Dream. I had just gotten around to watching the movie and like a month later I found it in a new arrivals bin
Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous (live in Philadelphia 1977) I'm on a slow quest to acquire all things Thin Lizzy vinyl
Daft Punk - Discovery (just one of those classics I finally got around to getting on wax)
John Carpenter's Lost Themes - local record shop had it and I'd just been considering ordering it so it was a no-brainer.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

BigFactory posted:

That's way more than I'd spend on it but still pretty cool
If someone posts a preorder page for a repressing, I'm killing myself.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

If someone posts a preorder page for a repressing, I'm killing myself.

Did Plain reprint it when they did the other Ween records? If so, those are pretty easy to track down.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Saw this sweet Gary Glitter die cut record at the wfmu record fair

:pedo:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

What an unfortunately named B-Side!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Snowy posted:

Saw this sweet Gary Glitter die cut record at the wfmu record fair

:pedo:

Holy poo poo.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

50 cent thrift store pickups from this weekend:

A few months ago I bought Whipped Cream & Other Delights for 50 cents because I liked the cover and now I own 6 Herb Alpert albums. :toot:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Well look what came today

it has MP3s so luckily I don't have to sully the records by actually playing them :negative:

Banano fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 5, 2015

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Banano posted:

Well look what came today

it has MP3s so luckily I don't have to sully the records by actually playing them :negative:

TIMG tag that poo poo, yo

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
rasclaat dbl post

Banano fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 5, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
don giovanni put a bunch of test pressings and rare releases up on ebay. you can pick up an original pressing of screaming females "what if someone's watching their tv?" for like $20.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

TubeStank posted:

don giovanni put a bunch of test pressings and rare releases up on ebay. you can pick up an original pressing of screaming females "what if someone's watching their tv?" for like $20.

Link?

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

http://www.ebay.com/sch/destroynewjersey/m.html

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Just got back from a Dan Deacon show.

That's John. With an H.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://exclaim.ca/Music/article/airs_discography_to_be_reissued_on_vinyl_virgin_suicides_gets_deluxe_treatment

Repressing of all of the good AIR albums.

:worship: 10000 hz :worship:

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
http://www.tameimpala.com/store/tame-impala-currents-coloured-vinyl-vinyl-5499935

go go go go go

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
$44 what

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

$44 Australian.

Via their Facebook page:

quote:

The pre-order link that went up yesterday is Australian based, so prices are in AU dollars and in line with music pricing in Aus. If you're not in Australia, don't buy from the Tame store.
Prices are different all around the world (and probably significantly cheaper!), so find your local link and pre-order from there...
Vinyl pre-orders will be going up in the US, UK & rest of world soon and we'll post as soon as they are live.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

This makes me very very happy. Will definitely be getting moon safari and virgin suicides, probably will have to pick up 10000 Hz as well

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The cool kids are ruining it for everyone!

http://www.factmag.com/2015/05/07/pressed-to-the-edge-vinyl/

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Nooooo my electronic dance music

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Got this in the mail earlier in the week.

Monolord - Vaenir. Some good Swedish sludge-doom.

Got the orange because the purple was sold out.

It's a double LP, but only uses three sides, so side D has an etching.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

You know, I've been buying records for about 14 or 15 years now. Which is at least half of my life. You could always find reissues of popular albums on vinyl. Granted, it has picked up since I've started, but still, when I was teenager, you could easily find a lot of records out there.

When is something officially not a fad anymore?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cemetry Gator posted:

When is something officially not a fad anymore?

I'd say when all these special limited edition re-issues on Record Store Day calm down and its how it was 10 years ago.

Also, hopefully when I don't have to wait 5 months after an album debut to get the Vinyl release of a new album I want.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Seems crazy that there would only be two sources of blank lacquers in the world.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

My buddy recently moved and he noticed his record player started to sound very fuzzy and plosive. He thought it was the needle, so he bought a replacement and he discovered that didn't solve anything. It's one of those USB Audio-technica players. I think it's the tone arm, and with normal players I'd recommend looking for some screws on the surface to tighten but it doesn't seem to have those. Anyone have any experience trouble-shooting/fixing these?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
the "fad" will "slow down" when "people"
stop "buying" lovely "records"

stay depressed fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 9, 2015

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
*makes full eye contact with each and every one of you*

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I'm already seeing tons of pitchfork core stuff used dirt cheap in record stores so I think the fad be dying and yes I'm gonna tke advantage.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

stay depressed posted:

*makes full eye contact with each and every one of you*

Even the guy a couple pages ago who bragged about his Herb Alpert scores? I don't think he's part of the problem

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I dunno I like buying saves the day vinyl because I was told it sounds better

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I just want editions of albums I like that are also quite popular that aren't $50 with three additional albums worth of accidentally recorded in-studio tracks of someone plugging in instrument cables or throat clearing. Waiting for The Lonesome Crowded West to be like $15 is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Also, why do reissues of Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd even need to exist?