Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Drive-thru records raised me. I still like pop punk/emo stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
This is the best pop-punk record, got me through some tough times in my youth. I stole the CD from an old friend who turned out to be a massive rear end in a top hat and it's one of the only CDs I still have. Darkbuster.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I stole a few of my sisters tapes and a dojo sampler when I was young. I was hooked to punk music from then on out. So much my uncle bought tapes for us to listen to on fishing trips in his super tricked out Aerostar. If only he had never gone super crazy coke head.

In happier news I got the job at the better shop and it was in good time too seeing as my current shop keeps calling and telling me its to slow and to stay home.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^^ congrats.

Looking into moving into a place with a couple of friends in a couple of months, hopefully find somewhere that has a garage and a decent sized driveway in order to play with some automobiles.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I also like Chunk! No Captain Chunk! and have seen them live and enjoyed it (though I was clearly above average age for the crowd!). You can judge but there are quite a few of us! ;)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

Pretty sure if you called a trooper for something like that here, they'd shove you off the bridge and laugh. The only time a state trooper has ever been of any help to me was when I broke down in the middle of nowhere (200+ miles from the next town) and they let me call a family member to let them know I'd be "at least a day late", then drove off.

300 miles from the nearest city. Thank gently caress I was able to figure out what was keeping it from starting (sort of, I just started unplugging poo poo until it would start), and thank gently caress the car could run with a few things unplugged (early Honda MPFI, all it NEEDED was the MAP and CPS).

I can't say I've seen an emergency phone on a highway in over 15 years.

They take it pretty seriously on that bridge, there's a trooper constantly patrolling because there are so many jumpers every year.

Good thing he showed up for me, because the pile of poo poo truck I was driving didn't have a jack.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is there an album that I should start with got chunk! No, Captain chunk!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
The first punk CD I ever got was Green Day - Dookie. I think I was 12 or 13 at the time, anyways I made the mistake of letting my dad listen to half of Long view and he snapped the CD in half.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I was gonna be productive on my day off today, but now im getting ripped and watching Hot Fuzz on Netflix. Now I wrench on cars and i know why......

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

MustardFacial posted:

The first punk CD I ever got was Green Day - Dookie. I think I was 12 or 13 at the time, anyways I made the mistake of letting my dad listen to half of Long view and he snapped the CD in half.

Did your old man not listen to rock music growing up? Goddamn the pusherman? Cocaine? Lord help him if he heard Parliment Funkadelic, his head would have exploded.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah this. Point is, Vipers own. People who poo poo on them are ignant. It's like having an S2000 with fahv hunnert herspuhr.

I don't care about the Viper :colbert:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Coredump posted:

Did your old man not listen to rock music growing up? Goddamn the pusherman? Cocaine? Lord help him if he heard Parliment Funkadelic, his head would have exploded.

Yep. Cream, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Stones he's into all of them. Honestly there really is no point in explaining the hypocrisy to him, as far as he is concerned music, technology, cars, society stopped in 1969.

I learned long ago that I could save myself a whole lot of hassle if I treated my parents like mushrooms.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

That's so lame, hell I encourage my daughter to listen to subversive and counterculture music. And I took her to three concerts in March. We agree on 90% of the music we listen to, it makes car rides awesome (which we do a lot of because her mom moved 40 loving minutes across town from me). Although that Bruno Mars can eat a dick. Of course she has to like him because everyone at school does.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Doesn't Bruno have that one song where he sounds like someone from the 80's? That song is alright.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What situation would bruno be in where he would have to catch a grenade?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

If you aren't listening to every RiFF RAFF song constantly on and shuffle you are doing it wrong. :colbert:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

My dad raised me to like metal. Nothing goons would approve of, just some of the harder stuff we could get on the radio. Now I've gotten around some and found a far amount of music with the right amount of the right kind of grit and holy lord, my six year old sister is even more of a metalhead than I am, she literally was :rock:ing at me when I visited last time... and that was with loving Hollywood Undead, and I make a point to listen to that poo poo because it's so bad it's awesome. I See Stars, Escape the Fate, now that is the good poo poo.

loving judge me

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I'm the guy who listens to classical and opera really loudly, and then switches to movie soundtracks and ELO :smith:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CommieGIR posted:

I'm the guy who listens to classical and opera really loudly, and then switches to movie soundtracks and ELO :smith:

Eh, no shame in that. Since getting GTA V, I've been listening to the soundtracks that have been ripped onto YouTube. Hearing Twin Shadow complain that his bike got stolen when he was shopping for cat litter, not because he owns a cat but for himself since he doesn't believe in water rights, will never get old.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Phone posted:

Eh, no shame in that. Since getting GTA V, I've been listening to the soundtracks that have been ripped onto YouTube. Hearing Twin Shadow complain that his bike got stolen when he was shopping for cat litter, not because he owns a cat but for himself since he doesn't believe in water rights, will never get old.

I keep replaying the soundtrack from Interstellar, the Detach scene. Honestly, its the first movie soundtrack I've really heard where organs are used in almost every scene.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
The only thing worth listening to is Marty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv4jtsoRejg

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Darchangel posted:

Something out at the Texas Motor Speedway set of my allergies pretty good. I don't usually have too much trouble, but I was sniffling all weekend.
Speaking of Texas Motor Speedway, anyone in that area bored enough to spend a day or two at the track helping in the pit at the end of the month? We're racing there May 30-31st with WRL and could use some help if anyone is available. As of Sunday there were 94 cars registered which is fairly terrifying:aaa:

Adiabatic posted:

Bought two tickets to EDC because the girlfriend wanted to go. Now I'm going with my roommate.
If your roommate dumps you I'll go.

I jump back and forth between house/electric/trap, rock and random reggae depending on mood and what I'm doing.

drat I should have taken a day after the race to recover instead of a travel day then back to work on a big project. Dragging pretty drat bad, yay for caffeine tablets.

Was supposed to look at the MG while I was up north, bought the simulator instead then didn't have time. Waiting to hear back from my uncle to see if he's planning something for the MG. If he is he gets it, if not we'll figure out how to get it to my house. If I don't get the MG Dad and I talked about a project we've joked about for a few years...then we spent free time during the race planning it in detail. We have the basic cage/seats planned, suspension selected, engine/transmission figure out and sourced. I'll be doing a thread when I get started on either the MG or the other project.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CommieGIR posted:

I keep replaying the soundtrack from Interstellar, the Detach scene. Honestly, its the first movie soundtrack I've really heard where organs are used in almost every scene.

My ex was super into movie soundtracks and they all sound the same (and like garbage). The soundtracks in GTA are just like radio stations.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Well, the marriage licence is filed. 25 days till I get to marry a pretty drat cool gal. We have had our share of ups and downs, but she knows me all to well. And I know her all to well... But we still try to find something new about each other to keep it fun.

2015 is shaping out to be alright.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Phone posted:

The soundtracks in GTA are just like radio stations.
Well, yeah? They are?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Coredump posted:

Doesn't Bruno have that one song where he sounds like someone from the 80's? That song is alright.

I don't know if he does, but if true it is not alright. I know many people claim keyboard warrior status but I would love for nothing more than a personal audience of Bruno Mars so I can have the satisfaction of personally telling him just how awful his "music" truly is.

CommieGIR posted:

I really like my Claude Debussy channel on Pandora. I sometimes turn it on quietly when trying to get one of my munchkins down to sleep. Good stuff that impressionism era of music.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CommieGIR posted:

It's good. I got the Illuminated Star Projection Edition. I'm a nerd.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Coredump posted:

Bruno Mars is alright by me. Hell of a performer.

(sorry for ebaums)
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82872039/

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

LloydDobler posted:

That's so lame, hell I encourage my daughter to listen to subversive and counterculture music. And I took her to three concerts in March. We agree on 90% of the music we listen to, it makes car rides awesome (which we do a lot of because her mom moved 40 loving minutes across town from me). Although that Bruno Mars can eat a dick. Of course she has to like him because everyone at school does.

Meh, it's too late to do anything about it now. The best I could do is hope to raise my future kids differently, you know with like encouragement and positive reinforcement and stuff like that.

The old man and I still get along well enough as I do like muscle cars, and 60's rock. And as long as I don't start topics like "why the gen I Corvette was an important car for 1950's America" or "Eric Clapton was a better guitarist than Hendrix" then things are pretty smooth.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 5, 2015

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Lightbulb Out posted:

The only thing worth listening to is Marty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv4jtsoRejg

Maybe if you posted The Ballad of the Alamo or Ghost Riders in the Sky...

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

El Jebus posted:

Maybe if you posted The Ballad of the Alamo or Ghost Riders in the Sky...

Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs is his best record, but any Marty is acceptable.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

mariooncrack posted:

Is there an album that I should start with got chunk! No, Captain chunk!

Something For Nothing and Pardon My French are both worth a listen.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Gotta love adding a loogie cup and a roll of TP for my nose to all the tools I lug around all day.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Gotta love adding a loogie cup and a roll of TP for my nose to all the tools I lug around all day.

whats wrong with you?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Phone posted:

whats wrong with you?

I don't think you have enough time.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Phone posted:

whats wrong with you?

"allergies"

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNHsk57f24

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Phone posted:

whats wrong with you?

Meth's a hell of a drug.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Phone posted:

whats wrong with you?

I'm allergic to everything to nature. Every spring since I can remember I get a sinus infection which always turns into gnarly chest congestion. I used to get Broncitis every year until HS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Take an anti-histamine.

• Locked thread