Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

I've said this to all my mates, its the most surprisingly good record, I've heard recently, its almost like they have perfected how good pop punk should sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

This sounds like a bad version of The Bronx or Nice Hooves.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
So a worse version of things that are already bad? Yep.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
it doesn't need to be qualified or put into any context larger than 'this is bad' because it's bad. it's a bad thing that isn't good.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

StoneOfShame posted:

I've said this to all my mates, its the most surprisingly good record, I've heard recently, its almost like they have perfected how good pop punk should sound.

The first track sounds a lot like Bad Religion

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.
Saw refused last night in Copenhagen. They performed well. Played some new stuff, I'm not sold on it yet, I need to hear it in the context of the album.

stramit fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 30, 2015

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
The context is bad songs written by Refused sequenced before and after bad songs written by the guy who writes for Taylor Swift and Britney Spears.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

cf posted:

bad songs written by Refused

shits taken in the woods by bears

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Raein have released their new album for free and it rules. http://www.raein.eu

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hey this is a reminder that the Vandals fuckin own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SvDr3FHM9A

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxSI1QsIo8g

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Spazz still makes me smile 10-15 years after I first heard them.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
I've been listening to Get Rad a lot lately. I miss them.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
trying to find a band that sounds like SNFU lately

just can't seem to do it. Some of the suggestions are good bands, but just not on the same level.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

sorry you have bad taste

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

nomapple posted:

Raein have released their new album for free and it rules. http://www.raein.eu

Fuckin' badass.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Literally The Worst posted:

sorry you have bad taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqHKQBomtGA

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Strumpy posted:

Saw refused last night in Copenhagen. They performed well. Played some new stuff, I'm not sold on it yet, I need to hear it in the context of the album.

Jealous, I wanted to go but couldn't attend that evening :(

cf posted:

The context is bad songs written by Refused sequenced before and after bad songs written by the guy who writes for Taylor Swift and Britney Spears.

If you can write songs for Taylor Swift and Britney Spears you are probably not a bad songwriter.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO

Eight Is Legend posted:

If you can write songs for Taylor Swift and Britney Spears you are probably not a bad songwriter.

Lmao at this.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Eight Is Legend posted:

Jealous, I wanted to go but couldn't attend that evening :(

I don't know, then I guess it's just Refused's fault that the song is bad. :shrug:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JERFit posted:

Lmao at this.

It's a more salient point than you think. A lot of the same people get that work over and over and the reason is, they know how to make a hit song for radio. It's not something everybody can do.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

To the thread, for Sunday <3

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Man, nothing has changed. Not a thing. Likewise, Time has come, and there is no escape.

This is garbage.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
http://www.avclub.com/article/self-defense-family-announces-new-album-releases-n-218839

New self defense family album is coming

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's a more salient point than you think. A lot of the same people get that work over and over and the reason is, they know how to make a hit song for radio. It's not something everybody can do.

It does seem like a weird defense for this thread's purposes, though.

Fuckabees
Aug 8, 2012

"White Liiiiiiines, blow through my miiiind"

--The Fat Boys
Didn't read the whole thread, but the guy from real big fish is a legit musician.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Fuckabees posted:

Didn't read the whole thread, but the guy from real big fish is a legit musician.

Counterpoint: Ska

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

This makes me extremely happy.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Whoa Screeching Weasel and MxPx are coming to town in June and.... they're charging $40 for tickets? What the gently caress?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

JawKnee posted:

Whoa Screeching Weasel and MxPx are coming to town in June and.... they're charging $40 for tickets? What the gently caress?

Ben is off his rocker. Pretty much all SW shows are super pricey because of his fantastic demands. They don't tour, they basically charge an appearance fee that also covers/includes travel, lodging, etc.

I used to see 'em for $5 and now a days I wouldn't see 'em for anything more than that.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

JawKnee posted:

Nothing is more punk than the eventually outlandish ticket sales.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

JawKnee posted:

iron chic is touring so you should see them instead

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferrule posted:

Ben is off his rocker. Pretty much all SW shows are super pricey because of his fantastic demands. They don't tour, they basically charge an appearance fee that also covers/includes travel, lodging, etc.

I used to see 'em for $5 and now a days I wouldn't see 'em for anything more than that.

As someone who has actually had the displeasure of talking about the SXSW incident with Benjamin comma he's an rear end in a top hat and a lunatic. My choicest memories of him, besides the discussion of SXSW, are his defense of the Elan School and his claiming that being a Republican was actually "more punk" than not because it's like, you're going against the punk rock grain maaaaaan

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Who's in United Nations these days? Their latest record seems okay to me.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so I ended up going to that show, last song of suburban scum and all the loving twink lords in the back start throwing in chairs and tables. I ended up catching a mic stand to the head I got split open pretty gnarly

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 6, 2015

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
good poo poo

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it was actually pretty stupid and indicative of the reason why I don't really enjoy seeing this poo poo live now

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
then dont post your bloody shirt you can't have it both ways

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Yeah bro. You can have your baseball cap one way or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so I ended up going to that show, last song of suburban scum and all the loving twink lords in the back start throwing in chairs and tables. I ended up catching a mic stand to the head I got split open pretty gnarly

Whaaaaat. Have seen a few bands like Suburban Scum in the uk but never anything like that! Is this the precedent for that sort of band wherever you saw them? If that happened in the UK I'm pretty sure the venue would shut down the show, like when I saw Trash Talk in 2010. Lee started wrapping the mic chord around kids' necks and the venue shut down the show.