Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I was thinking about vigging you Ecco but I guessed that you'd potentially be a target for both the other vig and maybe a doc if you're scum. Plus Grandi was a sure thing. I wasn't going to reveal what the vig spice was but I guess it was pretty obvious that it'd be the most expensive one. To confirm the other buyer was me, you have to use the mint the night immediately after buying it. Presumably it doesn't stay fresh long!

Also I don't know if it's intentional but thanks scum team for apparently killing off the least active player each night. I honestly felt sort of bad about shooting Grandi. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:ghost:You will rue the day you shot Grandicap ruuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeee the day.:zombie:

:zombie:Also make those pretzels, they are awesome:ghost:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Good shot bsm.

If chic turns out to be scum that could have been a rout of a night, thanks roleblocker.

Anonymous Narcotics what are your thoughts on the game??

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am (finally) making a food tonight for my recipe. :toot:

I'll make the pad thai tomorrow? Probably? Going to the store so I'll have an opportunity.

What else is still on the table? The pears, the two recipes released today, and... what else?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I dunno Ecco you look pretty dodgy to me still. First you said you picked a player at random to lynch, now you were just fed up with the lack of activity? Earlier on you said Grandi scumclaimed to you but you never bothered following it up once he denied it, instead you push a lynch on an unknown player because you're bored, and lie about having investigated them? Really not very convincing.

I mean I'm pretty sure someone tried and failed to vig because like I said the mint only lasts a night and they're both gone now. Could have been you, could have been someone else on scumteam. But I think scum were expecting to have four members alive today and one fewer town, meaning they'd have half the vote. I assume that's why you felt it safe to admit to picking someone at random after the flip.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

big scary monsters posted:

I dunno Ecco you look pretty dodgy to me still. First you said you picked a player at random to lynch, now you were just fed up with the lack of activity?
I RNG'd the worthless players and Alasdair came up.

I know this probably doesn't mean much but if you quote the post where I vote alasdair you'll see invisible bold tags before the "r" "n" and "g."

Earlier on you said Grandi scumclaimed to you but you never bothered following it up once he denied it, instead you push a lynch on an unknown player because you're bored, and lie about having investigated them?

He didn't actually scumclaim to me, I was joking.

I wanted alasdair dead because 100Yrs wasn't going to modkill or replace him. The same went for the remaining 2-4 players in this game who are total non-entities. A fake cop claim was the best way to do that. I was also hoping Alasdair actually would flip scum, and players who went out of their way to defend him for no reason would be revealed as scumbuddies, but alas. I still think LUTR's reaction was weird as heck though.

quote:

I mean I'm pretty sure someone tried and failed to vig because like I said the mint only lasts a night and they're both gone now.
Nah it was me. I have a mason channel with someone who wasn't Grandicap and they can confirm if you really care that I announced to them I was buying the mint well before I bought it.

quote:

I assume that's why you felt it safe to admit to picking someone at random after the flip.
Nope I was just coming clean once alasdair flipped town, since I wanted the player with the mint to avoid killing me on the off-chance they believed I was just being mischievous.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Also as an aside 4 scum in a 14 player game is huge. It's probably just 3 scum, now 2.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

EccoRaven posted:

Also as an aside 4 scum in a 14 player game is huge. It's probably just 3 scum, now 2.

Well that's something! I don't really remember what the usual balance is. Sounds like you like LUTR for scum, any thoughts on the third and presumably final member of the team?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Well that's something! I don't really remember what the usual balance is. Sounds like you like LUTR for scum, any thoughts on the third and presumably final member of the team?

I don't actually! I have niggly feelings about her along with Anonymous Narcotics, but with alasdair flipping town it feels wrong to think LUTR is scum just for being prudent.

I really think we should be concentrating on the worthless non-entity players; I have a bad feeling about Chic for instance.

But this game has been super :effort: from the get-go, even before I replaced in. Nobody really stands out either way except for you as town.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey bsm give me until at least tomorrow night before voting for me, so I can make food and restock our spices.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I'm actually a little worried about restocking and giving scum the chance to buy a vig! But yeah no rush, we've got a couple days and I'm happy for everyone to have time for cooking. ##unvote

Speaking of, I would prefer a later deadline if possible 100yrs, the current one is at 7am the morning after the UK general election and I imagine I'll be either too asleep or too drunk for mafia.

Ecco what do you think of this post of Krell's?

Harold Krell posted:

Grandicap posted:

Everyone should pool their points and restock the store so I can buy more masonries. I want to be everyone's mason. If everyone does it we can have full OOT talk and that would be hilarious.
It would really suck if you turned out to be scum... not that I would already know! :allears:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Full disclosure I have had Krell on ignore for years and have not read any of his posts this game.

That post looks pretty damning though. Gun to my head I'd say Krell and Chic or Anon are the remaining scum.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ecco I think you're pretty scummy for pulling the poo poo with Alasdair. You said if he flipped town we should vote you today. Soooo ##vote ecco and this is not omgus bc I told you already when you told me you had a vig I thought you were scum and you should kill yourself.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Anon when the day started you made the scummiest post possible. Throughout our entire mason chat you never once indicated any of your thoughts about the game, you never once even tried to scumhunt with me. When I mentioned that I had a vig and I was wondering who I should shoot with it you just went me, which, you know, is great and all but I had an actual vig and I wanted to have you help me use it.

I started off the night by telling you I was targeting you for the vig but I was changing my mind. I really think there's a really good chance you're scum and you had me roleblocked of the off-chance I actually managed to shoot you.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

EccoRaven posted:

Full disclosure I have had Krell on ignore for years and have not read any of his posts this game.

Nice job intentionally not paying attention to the game due to being incredibly petty! :thumbsup:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven posted:

Anon when the day started you made the scummiest post possible. Throughout our entire mason chat you never once indicated any of your thoughts about the game, you never once even tried to scumhunt with me. When I mentioned that I had a vig and I was wondering who I should shoot with it you just went me, which, you know, is great and all but I had an actual vig and I wanted to have you help me use it.

I started off the night by telling you I was targeting you for the vig but I was changing my mind. I really think there's a really good chance you're scum and you had me roleblocked of the off-chance I actually managed to shoot you.

I'm not scum but I did jail you last night since I thought you might shoot me. I'd rather not die yet even though everyone would get to eat delicious cookies.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Harold Krell posted:

Nice job intentionally not paying attention to the game due to being incredibly petty! :thumbsup:

Wow, it's like you deserve the moral high ground or something.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

For the record it's been the leadup to finals and after they're done on thursday i will a) be able to actually pay attention to the game (not that there's much of one happening at all) and b) be able to cook some stuff, finally

also

EccoRaven posted:

Nah I'm actually town, I'm just fed up with how many players in this game are total non-entities.

you should have just said that yesterday instead of going with the "i picked a random player" and then walking that back today

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Chic Trombone posted:

you should have just said that yesterday
I did:

EccoRaven posted:

Because he hasn't posted in a week and it didn't look like he was getting modkilled so I assumed it was because he was scum and 100Yrs just didn't have the gumption to do it

EccoRaven posted:

Lutr you are like really, really concerned about Alasdair - a guy who hasn't posted in over a week

And also I wanted my way without people handwringing about "oh gosh no I don't want to vote for alasdair for no reason"

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

wall monitor posted:

Wow, it's like you deserve the moral high ground or something.

I'm only stating a fact.

Do you think it's appropriate to ignore other people's posts out spite?

It's no different than lurking except in this case it's even more bratty and childish since they admitted it and don't have an excuse.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Just in case anyone forgot, Ecco also led the vote on Exakt who also turned out to be town. So, yeah, Ecco basically killed 2 town so far and was planning on vigging me last night so that would have been one more. He said he was changing his vig to lutr but idk. I don't trust him.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh, also.

Ecco scum claimed to me on the first day in our masonry. He said it was a joke but I told him I don't trust him. So yeah, just throwing that out there.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I made some falafel waffles!!

I couldn't find any garbanzo bean flour so we made some ourselves!

Step 1:

Step 2:

It was actually kind of fun!

First attempt at waffling showed us we did not use enough oil on the waffle iron.

and this is what came out (still delicious!)

The finished product

The toppings

Combined

Mickey waffles best waffles

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ecco scum claimed to me on the first day in our masonry. He said it was a joke but I told him I don't trust him. So yeah, just throwing that out there.

That's not even true. I told you I was town and asked if you were town and you said yes. I wanted to treat our chats like confirmed masons but you were really incommunicado.

Just in case anyone forgot, Ecco also led the vote on Exakt
It was lutr's case, not mine, I just supported it because it was literally the first serious case all game.

Anon you're trying too hard.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
bsm I want you to read this post:

Just in case anyone forgot, Ecco also led the vote on Exakt who also turned out to be town. So, yeah, Ecco basically killed 2 town so far and was planning on vigging me last night so that would have been one more. He said he was changing his vig to lutr but idk. I don't trust him.
...and tell me if this is the post of someone who thinks I'm scum, or scum who want townies to vote with her.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven posted:

That's not even true. I told you I was town and asked if you were town and you said yes. I wanted to treat our chats like confirmed masons but you were really incommunicado.

It was lutr's case, not mine, I just supported it because it was literally the first serious case all game.

Anon you're trying too hard.

You literally said you were scum. And then said j/k. But still.

And you definitely pushed the vote on exakt. Even in our masonry.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Well obviously I pushed it but it wasn't my case. That's my point.

You're grandstanding like I'm solely responsible for Exakt's death and that's really not accurate. It screams less "townie who genuinely thinks Ecco is scum" and way more "scum who is salivating at getting to vote off ecco."

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Look at this scum trying really hard to discredit me because I'm on his case.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

You're doing a great enough job of that on your own.

Anon if you're town I'm sorry we had a falling out. I really genuinely wanted to have a confirmed town mason team with you. I've had niggly feelings about you all game, though, and your behavior in private (and your posting right now) is confirming to me that something's definitely up.

Anon if I was scum why would I:
- Tell you what I was buying at all?
- Tell you what my power from my spice was?
- Tell you I was thinking about shooting you?
- Ask you for input on who to shoot instead?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
probably to try to gain my trust. I don't know how a scum's mind works because I'm not one.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I know right?

Strong in the real way? More like strong in the veal way since they're going to end up getting slaughtered like a baby cow by the end of the day. :slick: :drat: :iceburn: :drat: :slick:

##vote EccoRaven

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ecco if you were town why would you:
- Jump on the "first serious case" being made instead of scum hunting yourself?
- Lie about having a scum investigation on someone to get them lynched?
- Backpedal on your role in Exakt's death?
- Try to shoot me when I told you I was town?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ecco if you were town why would you:
- Jump on the "first serious case" being made instead of scum hunting yourself?

Because there was literally nothing else to go on unless I wanted to case someone for cooking poorly.

Why would I as scum do that instead of just keeping quiet and just placing another :effort: vote for Exakt? Why would I as scum push it at all? Why not let apathy - which had already resulted in the town failing to execute someone on day one - do the dirty work on its own?

quote:

Lie about having a scum investigation on someone to get them lynched?
Because just saying "Alasdair is lurking scum we should vote for him" wouldn't assure that we'd actually vote for him. In games where everyone is :effort: you need a lot of flashing lights and bright arrows to get people to do what you want.

Why would I as scum do that? Again, as scum I don't play for show, I play to win. I'd have had the scumteam kill active posters every night, I'd have let apathy win the day for me. I would never do a suicidal "Alasdair or die!" thing as scum; I'd probably just wait for wall monitor to vote Alasdair, go "I agree," and if Alasdair dies okay great, and if alasdair doesn't oh well who cares scum are still alive.

quote:

- Backpedal on your role in Exakt's death?
I didn't backpedal, you overstated my involvement and I clarified. Yes, I pushed it, but it wasn't my case - it was Punt's. I had just replaced in and it was a good thing for me to latch on to in a game where literally nothing else was going on.

quote:

- Try to shoot me when I told you I was town?
I never tried to shoot you. I said I was thinking of shooting you because I had niggly feelings about you, and I had hoped you would have helped resolve those feelings by telling me who you thought was scum and engaging in a dialogue with me.

Again why would I as scum do that? You even said in the doc you had a jailing power! Why wouldn't I just keep quiet and try to kill you? Why would I try to sabotage that in the first place, unless I was trying to work with you.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Also check our doc I wrote some stuff in it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Anon is recalcitrant and just quit the doc.

We didn't really say much of note, a lot of "I did this for reasons XYZ" and a lot of "BUT YOU LIED THAT MAKES YOU SCUM."

I told her in the doc and I'll tell you all now: if Alasdair had flipped scum nobody would be handwringing about me at all. It's dumb that he rolled town and decided to disappear but them's the breaks.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EccoRaven posted:

Anon is recalcitrant and just quit the doc.

We didn't really say much of note, a lot of "I did this for reasons XYZ" and a lot of "BUT YOU LIED THAT MAKES YOU SCUM."

I told her in the doc and I'll tell you all now: if Alasdair had flipped scum nobody would be handwringing about me at all. It's dumb that he rolled town and decided to disappear but them's the breaks.

Go back to doc I am talking to you

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
We have come to a conclusion.

##vote keane

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think this is a good vote for today
##vote keane

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm actually a little worried about restocking and giving scum the chance to buy a vig! But yeah no rush, we've got a couple days and I'm happy for everyone to have time for cooking. ##unvote

Speaking of, I would prefer a later deadline if possible 100yrs, the current one is at 7am the morning after the UK general election and I imagine I'll be either too asleep or too drunk for mafia.

It would really suck if you turned out to be scum... not that I would already know! :allears:

Ok new deadline is 6 pm EST on Friday, it's a bit awkward for those that may be working or may have to phonepost. It'll make the deadline around midnight for those East of the Atlantic. If we need to I'll push it back to make it 2 am EST on Saturday, 8 am europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

EccoRaven posted:

We have come to a conclusion.

##vote keane

I think this is a good vote for today
##vote keane

Why?