Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

Honestly, I hope Licenseless Rider doesn't join the group. He's great because he's just a normal person that stands up to evil, a real hero. Saitama's group is great because it's some slightly weird people slowly realizing how to be real heros; Licenseless Rider doesn't real fit in and then he would need unnecessary and probably clunky characterization that would ruin his impact imo. He's probably also got important not-videogame heroing to do.

I don't think Licenseless Rider would join the group per se but I'd say he's still in Saitama's corner like "You're an amazing hero and I am glad to be friends with you!" (He seems like the excited type to be shouting all the time)

If he does end up palling around in the posse I'd love to see more of what the dude is like when he has a chance to turn off the persona a bit.

edited to sound less like I know what's happening and am spoilng it and more like how I'd like it to play out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jboslund
Jan 27, 2009
Speaking of cookies...

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Shadow0 posted:

Saitama's group is great because it's some slightly weird people slowly realizing how to be real heros

Genos doesn't really fit that archetype. Or King for that matter. Genos was a pretty heroic person from the outset who's only training under Saitama because he's the first person to realize just how strong Saitama actually is and wants to become stronger himself so that he can get his revenge. King knows how strong he is too and I doubt he's gonna become a better hero or person around Saitama.

Bang is also friends with Saitama having recognized his true strength and while he doesn't hang around in a posse like the others, we know he talks with Saitama occasionally at the very least.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Flying Fish posted:

Speaking of cookies...

I hope that the cookie in the re-draw was an interpretation of Genos' shoulder pad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Flying Fish posted:

Speaking of cookies...

"ONE, is that Geno's shoulder or a cookie?"
"Yes."

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Sarcophallus posted:

I hope that the cookie in the re-draw was an interpretation of Genos' shoulder pad.

That is so what happened. That's just the best.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Shadow0 posted:

Honestly, I hope Licenseless Rider doesn't join the group. He's great because he's just a normal person that stands up to evil, a real hero. Saitama's group is great because it's some slightly weird people slowly realizing how to be real heros; Licenseless Rider doesn't real fit in and then he would need unnecessary and probably clunky characterization that would ruin his impact imo. He's probably also got important not-videogame heroing to do.

You are lucky then, since he wont. This thread's prediction have continuously been wrong and it is not alone, mostly because Saitaman is really good at drawing you, only to hit you with another punchline. When you read the fan comments, every other one is about how it become serious any second now!. The manga is very good at making for get that it is, in the end, a comedy. Which is on of the reasons it's so hilarious.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

e X posted:

You are lucky then, since he wont. This thread's prediction have continuously been wrong and it is not alone, mostly because Saitaman is really good at drawing you, only to hit you with another punchline. When you read the fan comments, every other one is about how it become serious any second now!. The manga is very good at making for get that it is, in the end, a comedy. Which is on of the reasons it's so hilarious.

I assumed most people are referring to Saitama doing a cool super move when they say things are gonna get serious.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Serious Series Serious Face

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Serious Series Serious Face

King's only move.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Sarcophallus posted:

I bet he started drawing the cookie, then looked at the picture again, then shrugged and drew the cookie anyway

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ONE, that's not what someone means when they say they have a doughy physique :v:

I'll show myself out.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Aurain posted:

ONE, that's not what someone means when they say they have a doughy physique :v:

I'll show myself out.

Goodbye.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Guaranteed 100% that she stole one of Saitama's cookies

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
They're at King's place, aren't they?

Last I noticed, Saitama still lives more or less like he's unemployed, even though he's getting paid for heroing, now.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
They're at Saitama's place, King just came over to get his game then decided to hang around for a bit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bad Seafood posted:

They're at Saitama's place, King just came over to get his game then decided to hang around for a bit.

Yup.
They're all moochers.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yup.
They're all moochers.

In other words, an anime harem.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Bad Seafood posted:

Judging from King's outfit, I think this is a different day than when he came over to get his game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speed of Sound (:lol:) Sonic's anime design.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, totally didn't think the scarf was purple.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Crain posted:

Yeah, totally didn't think the scarf was purple.

Same. Always thought of it as being red.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I imagined red too. :shrug:

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Now I feel weird for thinking it was purple all this time. Don't really know why, but that picture looks precisely like I always figured he did.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

ChairMaster posted:

Now I feel weird for thinking it was purple all this time. Don't really know why, but that picture looks precisely like I always figured he did.

like a lady

oh, speed of sound sonic (lol)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's purple in the cover of volume 3, gosh you nerds don't even have the volumes like I do :smugdog:

e: Okay to be fair, in his original Murata design his scarf was red, like pretty much every ninja character with a scarf ever:

By the time his cover rolled around, Murata went and changed it and his eye highlights to purple:

So everyone is right.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 8, 2015

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I swear Sonic is somehow inspired by Lampo the Hypersonic Boy & Co. I always thought his scarf and markings were red, too.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Everyone's all badass and Saitama just broke his icecream. :toot:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Filler episode: Licenseless Rider takes a driving test.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

M_Gargantua posted:

Everyone's all badass and Saitama just broke his icecream. :toot:

I know Saitama's pain, it's a real son of a bitch when that cone breaks like that while you peel it off.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
King having the biggest, scariest head is so much better now that I've caught up and know him for what he is.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

King having the biggest, scariest head is so much better now that I've caught up and know him for what he is.

The greatest hero to ever live?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Genocyber posted:

The greatest hero to ever live?

He's the world's strongest man.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

He's the world's strongest man.

The world's strongest man's face maybe.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Those hips.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Well gang, it's official. I'm a homo. I'm gaaaaaaaaaaay.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Who could have possibly predicted the man with a tongue stuck to a butt avatar was gay

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It isn't gay to be sexually attracted to people of the same gender, dummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
im gay for anime