Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I would give anything to sit in on him meeting with his doctor(s), especially gastroenterologists. "You ate what? Again?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

quote:

The Lib Dems' Tim Farron tells the BBC he will wait until he sees genuine numbers before "we see what has happened".

"I am not going to claim it has been a good night for the Liberal Democrats," he says. But the party put the national interest first and they might now be paying the price for having done that. Fear appears to "have won the day," he suggests. Fear projected by the SNP and fear projected by the Conservatives of the SNP "and indeed of Scotland".

"We know the scale of nothing," he says when pushed on the likely size of defeat for the Lib Dems and whether the party will go into coalition with the Tories or go into opposition. He says Nick Clegg has done an incredible job. "I stand very, very proud of Nick Clegg," he says.

Meanwhile, one of their candidates in scotland gets 80 votes.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

FAROOQ posted:

no one gives a poo poo dumbass

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FAROOQ posted:

How many did Tarquin Fim-Tim Lim-Bim Wim-bim-bim Bus-stop F'tang-F'tang Olé Biscuit-Barrel get?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Data Graham posted:

How many did Tarquin Fim-Tim Lim-Bim Wim-bim-bim Bus-stop F'tang-F'tang Olé Biscuit-Barrel get?

gently caress trying to spell that out.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I would do this in a heartbeat and hope for a similar outcome.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

FAROOQ posted:

You're a loving idiot, and I hope you die painfully.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FAROOQ posted:

But the party put the national interest first.

Hahaha what shitheels!

:fuckoff:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Another righter than most of the other parties wing victory. :smith: There's no happiness to be found in this.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
SNP's sweaty balls slapping hard against Labour's taint right now.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Can we get back to people falling on their faces?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
This is my favourite crazy dude in DayZ video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFxEnwHiYLg

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZkAP-CQlhA

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

New Boba Fett death scene lookin good!

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham posted:

I voted for Kevin Phillips Bong

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Wasabi the J posted:

Hahaha what shitheels!

:fuckoff:

:ssh: they didn't. Lib dems are universally scum and got 80 votes

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3bdYPJdPCE

NSFW, not due to like, OSHA style violations but actual scantily clad mens and womens shaking their groove thangs and thangs going badly.

(strippers and pole dancers failarmy vid)

It is absolutely hilarious, and entirely expected, to me how many of those were entirely due to poles which have absolutely no lateral support whatever, being literally just pressure fit between floor and ceiling (which aren't necessarily parallel) - not even held in with screws. And people wonder why, when you fling your bodyweight at a pole which isn't actually fixed to the floor or ceiling, it falls the gently caress over.

thespaceinvader has a new favorite as of 10:07 on May 8, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The rise of pole-dancing in society is insane. Unless you're top of your loving game at it, you just look ridiculous.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

FlyinPingu posted:

you have a problem

FlyinPingu posted:

you should probably take your weird MRA vendetta somewhere else

FlyinPingu posted:

mental illness

FlyinPingu posted:

no one gives a poo poo dumbass

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wyoming posted:

This is my favourite crazy dude in DayZ video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFxEnwHiYLg

What's happening here? Was the book trapped or did he get restrained while being distracted by Moby Dick?

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
The second one.

fe: It's kinda sad that recording/streaming wasn't a thing until recently because we did so much dumb stuff back in "first gen" mmos.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

That woodpecker was probably wide eyed and screaming, "NOOOOOOOOOO!"

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
e: whoops, thought this was the gif thread.

Grey Fox posted:

I hope you don't like skin on your...everywhere.

kinmik has a new favorite as of 17:15 on May 8, 2015

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Several years ago, I saw a "bro" style pickup truck that was about to go into one of those touchless car washes, the kind that uses a variety of high pressure jets to clean the car. And in the bed of the truck were at least half a dozen little kids wearing swimming goggles. Everyone around there just froze in place, they could not believe what this idiot was about to do.

As his truck started to roll in I ran up and hit the emergency stop toggle. Short story, much yelling and screaming ensued involving the truck driver, myself, the car wash manager, other patrons and eventually the police and child services. But secretly a part of me still wants to know what would have happened.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Anorexic Sea Turtle posted:

That woodpecker was probably wide eyed and screaming, "NOOOOOOOOOO!"

At that point, they should have just said, "Okay, this is so goddamn impressive, you can keep the microwave antenna. We'll build a new one."

Because that's a lot of loving nuts!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

Several years ago, I saw a "bro" style pickup truck that was about to go into one of those touchless car washes, the kind that uses a variety of high pressure jets to clean the car. And in the bed of the truck were at least half a dozen little kids wearing swimming goggles. Everyone around there just froze in place, they could not believe what this idiot was about to do.

As his truck started to roll in I ran up and hit the emergency stop toggle. Short story, much yelling and screaming ensued involving the truck driver, myself, the car wash manager, other patrons and eventually the police and child services. But secretly a part of me still wants to know what would have happened.

Ever been hit by a power washer at fairly close range? That's what would have happened. Also the soaps and various cleaning products aren't exactly great to have sprayed all over you. He would have most likely ended up with some crying kids cowering in the back of a truck but otherwise ok.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
C'MON KIDS TIME FOR THE MONTHLY SHOWER

YOU BETTER GIT CLEAN CAUSE I AIN'T PAYIN' FIVE BUCKS FOR A BUNCH OF DIRTY BRATS

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Baronjutter posted:

Ever been hit by a power washer at fairly close range? That's what would have happened. Also the soaps and various cleaning products aren't exactly great to have sprayed all over you. He would have most likely ended up with some crying kids cowering in the back of a truck but otherwise ok.

Pressure washers can rip your skin off.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Grey Fox posted:

Same, was gonna say that looks fun as hell. And its sand so I bet it didn't even hurt that bad to wipe out from such an extreme height/speed.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

They can, but unless you are shooting it point blank they aren't likely to. At least not most pressure washers.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm sure its a coat or his shirt, but I'm going to believe that the fabric whipping around in the air as he goes airborne is a tiny chute trying to break his fall yet totally failing to deploy. :3:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Leon Einstein posted:

The ones for cleaning a deck can maybe, but not those dinky ones they rent out to clean cars with.

If the car washers were that strong people'd damage their cars all the time, and even hurt themselves and sue. Those things are weak.

Still child abuse though.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

The ones for cleaning a deck can maybe, but not those dinky ones they rent out to clean cars with.

If the car washers were that strong people'd damage their cars all the time, and even hurt themselves and sue. Those things are weak.

what if the kids thought it was gonna be funny

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Apogee15 posted:

They can, but unless you are shooting it point blank they aren't likely to. At least not most pressure washers.

Uh touchless car washes seem to vary from 1500 - 3000 psi (or more) so your injuries might vary from some abrasions to getting cut open, with a very real possibility of hydraulic injection injuries. It would depend a fair bit on how the heads pathed, and injection injuries from detergents would be loving awful.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Wouldn't pressure washers set to high enough of a PSI to do damage to people rip the paint off of a car though? I don't really know poo poo about pressure washers aside from cleaning my deck with one once, so I'm genuinely curious.

Either way, gently caress that guy.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Oooh ooh yes let's debate this now!

Guy did dumb thing and bad thing was prevented and it can't possibly matter if bad thing would have been normal bad or extra bad.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ-Z3IQCFTc
Here we go, humans standing in a touchless carwash. Doesn't look too bad.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnim8cmFa38

Skip to about 1:15 - here are some idiots testing a pressure washer on each other. (It's in Portuguese though)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't think they're talking about the handheld wands, but the armature kind in a pull through wash. These are the big gently caress-off nozzles that rotate around your car like watery death robots. I know my car dealer recommended not using "touchless" car washes because the detergent combined with the water pressure can potentially chip the paint (not sure if that last part is true, but still being blasted by those sounds like all kinds of bad idea).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

Did he pay for the hot wax?

• Locked thread