Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
The umpires are lucky Melbourne are out there to make them look competent by comparison.

Why the gently caress is jake spencer playing? The only reason I can think of is that someone at the footy department read the article this week about the prospective #1 draft pick being a Melbourne supporter and couldn't resist the temptation.

This is as bad as we ever played under Neeld.

I think I'm going to make a daytime TV movie about Jake Spencer, the inspiring story of how a double amputee overcame adversity and tricked a senile old man into letting him play professional football.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
There's some straight up cheating by the umpires in favour of Fremantle at the moment

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Drugs posted:

There's some straight up cheating by the umpires in favour of Fremantle at the moment

I'm pretty tempted to just leave my seat and watch the other game at the bar up the back of the members tbh.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

GWS are actually a really good and balanced side, going to push for top 4 next year imo

Suns are just trash, they mucked up their recruiting badly

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Sub spencer off, put watts in the ruck. Literally can't do any worse. I think he used to play basketball too?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Gough Suppressant posted:

Didn't join in the team song, was led into a side room in tears by Chris Scott. Some people saying he pulled his last kick for goal and was limping after it, some people saying collingwood fans said something in particular, others just saying general booing, even saw one facebook page suggest he was upset at a geelong official. In summary: who the gently caress knows other than he doesn't seem happy.

Turns out its just depression rearing its head again. Given he's still affected by it I'm more inclined to believe he legitimately felt he needed a change of scenery and didn't just want to get away from Melbourne to see some success or whatever he's been accused of.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Did Dawes just do a forwards harbour bridge over the ball?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deadly Hume posted:

Nah. We might get Frawley back next week,

God I hope so, we'd need him to have a warmup game before Sydney. I thought he was out for a few more weeks but getting Frawley in now would help a lot I think.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Turns out its just depression rearing its head again. Given he's still affected by it I'm more inclined to believe he legitimately felt he needed a change of scenery and didn't just want to get away from Melbourne to see some success or whatever he's been accused of.

I think that needing a change of scenery is fair enough , the way he went about it is still bullshit.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

realbez posted:

God I hope so, we'd need him to have a warmup game before Sydney. I thought he was out for a few more weeks but getting Frawley in now would help a lot I think.

I'm guessing by a warmup game you mean he's going to play for box hill, he'd die of boredom in our forward 50

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Essendon, a team that can't score vs Freo, a team that doesn't like you scoring. Writes itself really.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
I take no pleasure watching this... slaughter.

But I like this percentage.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Had a revelation that I should probably stop showing more effort than the guys on the field and have politely clapped twice since half time

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Seeing another gun KPF get comfortably covered by McDonald makes me happy. Easily AA after 6 rounds.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

GWS are actually a really good and balanced side, going to push for top 4 next year imo

Suns are just trash, they mucked up their recruiting badly

I think their recruiting has left a lot to be desired (when you compare it to GWS anyway), but there really has to be some serious off field issues to cause this sort of form. Even with some major injury issues they still have some real quality in the team. IMO it kinda looks like there might be a clash between a new coach trying to establish a new culture/gameplan and a playing group that isn't 100% on board yet.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

PLEASE BE OKAY TYSON

:ohdear:

he's okay!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Windmill Hut posted:

PLEASE BE OKAY TYSON

:ohdear:

he's okay!

He's not injured, not sure about okay though.

In a team with Hogan, Dawes and Pederson, how is Jeff Garlett consistently the only player within thirty metres of the goal square when we are attacking?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Melbourne players have their mums names printed on their jumpers. Hope the clubs set aside some money for defence against libel.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
You'd think Garlett might have practiced that play after last week

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
That got paid deliberate against the saints last week

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Essendon really needs to change something in the forward 50. Daniher and Carlisle are both too skinny to out muscle defenders and neither seem to want to offer a lead. Maybe Giles or McKernan should get a crack or something.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Luke Parker afflicted by the tragic condition of his head being found in his chest

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Goodes is completely cooked

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Melbourne have been trying to work buddy into the game for four quarters but he just refuses

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Essendon really needs to change something in the forward 50. Daniher and Carlisle are both too skinny to out muscle defenders and neither seem to want to offer a lead. Maybe Giles or McKernan should get a crack or something.

Hurley wasn't the best kick but he's got the muscles to lead and crash packs, and not like he could be worse than Carlisle is doing up front.

also Carlisle was good down back so win/win?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Robodog posted:

Hurley wasn't the best kick but he's got the muscles to lead and crash packs, and not like he could be worse than Carlisle is doing up front.

also Carlisle was good down back so win/win?

Yeah, he added a point of difference although I really like him down back. Carlisle and Daniher would make great 2nd and 3rd talls at the moment, it's just lacking that guy that can compete well against the huge defenders. A lot of this wouldn't be a problem if they offered more leads and took the physicality out of the equation, Lloyd might have helped with Daniher's set shots but he's done SFA for the structure and tactics. Hopefully one of them can get massive over the next preseason, I think that would really help.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Jack Billings has played 21 games in his career so far and hasn't given away a free kick. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

Jack Billings has played 21 games in his career so far and hasn't given away a free kick. That's gotta be some kind of record.

He just looks up at you with those big puppy dog eyes and no umpire can dare punish him

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-05-09/jack-lonie-postmatch

hahahaha Lonie sounds like a 16 year old kid, I love it

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Yeah, he added a point of difference although I really like him down back. Carlisle and Daniher would make great 2nd and 3rd talls at the moment, it's just lacking that guy that can compete well against the huge defenders. A lot of this wouldn't be a problem if they offered more leads and took the physicality out of the equation, Lloyd might have helped with Daniher's set shots but he's done SFA for the structure and tactics. Hopefully one of them can get massive over the next preseason, I think that would really help.

Hurley really did demand the ball with leads, if Lloyd could help him with his kicking I'd be tempted to swap him and Carlisle. Problem is that Hurley has been fantastic down back so even that's a gamble. I don't understand why it's so hard to get our key forwards to lead and for the smaller forwards to stay down and crumb. It's like coaches have been reviewing these forward line problems of ours for years going "hmm there's just SOMETHING not quite right that they should be doing, can't quite put my finger on it" because I refuse to believe these guys aren't bollocked every week for this poo poo?

I think we actually really miss Crameri. He's hardly set the Bulldogs on fire but structurally he was really important for us, dude wasn't the biggest but gently caress he was strong for his size and demanded the ball on the lead often. Ambrose is sort of supposed to play that role now and he does try hard it's just he doesn't score goals, so..

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Gardiner should be suspended for that imo

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Carlton have handpassed directly to an opponent 3 times in the last few minutes

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

This is a very poo game

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Eagles staying with port for the first quarter, probably won't last.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Maybe Leppitsch should assault someone every week.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
This season is weird. Can we make a complete circle of team > team > team now?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
(If Brisbane win.)

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Sunday afternoon deathslot + mothers day + 2 terrible teams

lol that crowd

lol that kick for goal

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Liam Jones :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
The amazing thing is that Carlton are going to be even worse next year.

• Locked thread