Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Wow, I could only catch the last half of the last game but this is a huge huge victory for EDG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'm kind of sad to see it end this way, but I'm also glad that someone can punish this godawful composition that SKT likes to run.

e: Seriously, you can't pick Urgot/Leblanc as your only damage dealers in the megatank meta. There was nobody on SKT who was ever going to kill Maokai past 30 minutes.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Well, that should be game

Libertine posted:

Evelynn has an incredible late-game actually. Each rank of her ultimate gives her an enormous power-spike and this game hasn't given Nunu anything to do because SKT doesn't have enough pressure to force objectives.

Yeah, if you get the teamfight flanks its a really good thing, and they were able to combo it with the maokai nicely when SKT ran for dragons.

The way the casters are thinking about it is probably via consistant damage and itemizing MR vs EDG's comp - but it seems like EDG has the better engage which is what is real big for teamfights

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yeah. They completely baited that LeBlanc pick and after getting the quick lead early game it was pretty much a snowball from there.

Fun MSI.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Holy gently caress, what a story for MSI. Imagine the World's final rematch.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kind of sad that the sub rule meant that Faker didnt get a chance to impact all 5 games. Or easyhoon sticking it out for all 5 (if he made it)

edit: if you count the group stage EDG&SKT ended up 3-3 on the event vs each other. Thats cool! Worlds is going to be great if these 2 teams get stronger/stay on form

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What an awesome tournament. Worlds is gonna be crazy this year.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Yeah. They completely baited that LeBlanc pick and after getting the quick lead early game it was pretty much a snowball from there.

Fun MSI.

SKT could have done better with it despite their comp if they didnt bullheadedly go to dragons when they didnt have the vision.

Bang was out of position so many times.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Jerkface posted:

man they really did pick an ultimate leblanc fucker comp

I wonder if anything will come out about that draft, because when Faker hovered Lulu for like 20 seconds and then he and Kkoma had an argument about it, I wonder if Faker wanted to play Lulu and was told to play Leblanc. Because EDG looked like they were baiting and building the anti-Leblanc team and then he picked into it and then they finished the comp and closed the door on it. I mean SKT's bot lane essentially feeding didn't help, but that was just really brilliant strategy by EDG and they executed it flawlessly.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Faker:pawn::Peyton manning:tom Brady????

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

Quote me on this Deft is the best player at MSI

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
rabidsquid for MVP (of the thread)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Faker:pawn::Peyton manning:tom Brady????

Dont compare Pawn to that sick cheater T*m Brady

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Flameingblack posted:

Clearlove the Godslayer

ftfy

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Reminder that Koro1 is a hero. A feeder sometimes, but a hero. Sometimes you just need to go in to get the prize.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

The way the casters are thinking about it is probably via consistant damage and itemizing MR vs EDG's comp - but it seems like EDG has the better engage which is what is real big for teamfights

The casters were making up stuff because unless the game is blatantly over they want to keep excitement up.

SKT could have done better with it despite their comp if they didnt bullheadedly go to dragons when they didnt have the vision.

Bang was out of position so many times.

Bang wasn't out of position per say, though he quickly became out of position when he ulted Evelynn.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Faker being too afraid to suicide bomb in the midgame after the Mejai's pick was huge. He probably needed to buy that item to do anything against that team, but there were a few distortions away that might have turned the fight if he went in instead.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Maokai also has really good synergy with Eve, he's going to be healing 7% hp every other auto and be more unkillable than usual.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Libertine posted:

I wonder if anything will come out about that draft, because when Faker hovered Lulu for like 20 seconds and then he and Kkoma had an argument about it, I wonder if Faker wanted to play Lulu and was told to play Leblanc. Because EDG looked like they were baiting and building the anti-Leblanc team and then he picked into it and then they finished the comp and closed the door on it. I mean SKT's bot lane essentially feeding didn't help, but that was just really brilliant strategy by EDG and they executed it flawlessly.

Really though if he picks Lulu instead they have even less damage potential though don't they?

fnox
May 19, 2013

I think the Leblanc would have worked if Bengi had played a ganking champion to just funnel gold into Faker.

however Faker did noticeably tilt there. the Mejais was a horrible purchase, for one.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

fnox posted:

I think the Leblanc would have worked if Bengi had played a ganking champion to just funnel gold into Faker.

however Faker did noticeably tilt there. the Mejais was a horrible purchase, for one.

I think Faker was just trying to force plays because the rest of his team was falling apart

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

fnox posted:

You'd tilt too if your support ran around feeding everyone.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I wonder what GBM will think about Faker not being able to cross the wall.

Hypocrisy posted:

The casters were making up stuff because unless the game is blatantly over they want to keep excitement up.

Its not the first time I've seen them comment on Morgana's damage tapering off in the late game; Monte does it too. Maybe they're wrong, but they're consistent about it at least.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Combo posted:

Really though if he picks Lulu instead they have even less damage potential though don't they?

SKT has been able to get away with one threat comps because they have been more skilled than other teams. I hate one threat comps and it was obvious that sooner or later someone would equal them in skill and punish it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Flameingblack posted:

If FNatic went to korea, then might actually finish top 4.
This was before they did so well in Semi's, too!

I think that if SKT had been competing with LCK rules (IE: They could sub out Bengi) they could have done much better. Faker and Easyhoon have their large differences, but neither of them are really in a situation where they'd need to be replaced. Bengi tilts.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Combo posted:

If he had picked Lulu I think EDG would have drafted an entirely different composition. Hard to speculate on what it would have looked like in the last 5 total picks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Flameingblack posted:

This was before they did so well in Semi's, too!

I think that if SKT had been competing with LCK rules (IE: They could sub out Bengi) they could have done much better. Faker and Easyhoon have their large differences, but neither of them are really in a situation where they'd need to be replaced. Bengi tilts.

Fnatic would crumble. The fear in their hearts would be revealed as Ganked By Moms Lissandra shrieks banshee howls of victory

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
After Koma's poo poo talking of GE's pick/bans it's pretty enjoyable to seem him get smashed by whoever the gently caress does EDG's picking.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I don't think the Mejai's was the problem. Faker was his team's entire damage output - he must snowball in that scenario. It was just unbelievably stupid to run that composition against a team you can't just crush like an eggshell in laning (and SKT ought to know that they can't do that to EDG).

e: Really, SKT has run this composition before. They've just won with it because Faker gets super fed, and even then I think it's far riskier than it has to be (just pick a regular AD!). I hope this loss blasts this composition right out of their playbook, because it's a garbage strategy.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 11, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Its not the first time I've seen them comment on Morgana's damage tapering off in the late game; Monte does it too. Maybe they're wrong, but they're consistent about it at least.

Oh no, they're right about Morgana's damage.

But the enemy team is Nunu and Urgot when you have a Sivir. As the game goes on, there's no way for T1 to compete with Sivir's damage short of LeBlanc managing to snipe out Sivir which is pretty unlikely given that Sivir has her spell shield, a black shield, and like a half dozen forms of peel on top of that.

The late game was definitely in EDG's favor, not T1's.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jayisspecial posted:

After Koma's poo poo talking of GE's pick/bans it's pretty enjoyable to seem him get smashed by whoever the gently caress does EDG's picking.

EDGs coach Aaron, possibly the best coach in the world

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

They already got the scoreboards/stats/runes/masteries up if anyone wants to see from the final:
http://na.lolesports.com/msi/2015/msi/matches/round-2/sk-telecom-t1-vs-edward-gaming

The gold was basically even until the Urgot ulted the Evelynn into a top lane party, and it was all down hill from there.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Whats funnier about that Kkoma poo poo is that SKTs pickban was awful for like an entire year, and has had some questionable moments even after they became the best korean team in the 2nd LCK half. Like was said above their general skill disparity can sometimes cover up a bad pick/ban.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

rabidsquid posted:

EDGs coach Aaron, possibly the best coach in the world

In case people don't know, Aaron has been analyst/coach for WE and EDG, meaning his team has been on top of China except for one split since 2012.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I always remember very early when SKT was shoving Faker on to Xerath blind picking into his opponent

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Libertine posted:

They already got the scoreboards/stats/runes/masteries up if anyone wants to see from the final:
http://na.lolesports.com/msi/2015/msi/matches/round-2/sk-telecom-t1-vs-edward-gaming

The gold was basically even until the Urgot ulted the Evelynn into a top lane party, and it was all down hill from there.

I wonder if Bang cracked under the pressure - after so much solid performances, he just looked off all game. It's also possible that he just didnt know what to do with the urgot/eve matchup and having drilled on responding to flanks with his ult, he just did that.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Seems like this is ClearLove's 23rd tournament victory, including 3 straight LPLs with EDG and a ton of Chinese cup competitions. But this is his first big international success since IPL5.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bang is cool and good. He played the best individual ADC game I have ever watched. He also said he had a migraine and was nearly sick from the pressure of that game. If the fans poo poo on Bang over this result they are not worthy.

Redmark posted:

Seems like this is ClearLove's 23rd tournament victory, including 3 straight LPLs with EDG and a ton of Chinese cup competitions. But this is his first big international success since IPL5.

Froskurinn and Kelsey Moser have pissed off a bunch of people by talking up Clearlove and it's going to happen again and totally own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Meanwhile, on the other side of the continent, Team Coast actually wins something

rabidsquid posted:

Bang is cool and good. He played the best individual ADC game I have ever watched. He also said he had a migraine and was nearly sick from the pressure of that game. If the fans poo poo on Bang over this result they are not worthy.

Urgot vs Eve is not something you see every day too.

Either way I'm happy we got a real finals for this tourney, rather than a forgone conclusion. MSI was a real pleasant surprise

• Locked thread