Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kenster
Jun 21, 2013

First of all, that Clocktown could really use a floating celestial object of doom... With a face!
Wasn't Chibi the guy that invited himself to the couch at SGDQ2014 and proceeding to be annoying until one runner told him to shut up?

fake edit: Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Dr. Dos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGmRYA-eV4

Ok, it's nearly 3 hours, but somebody did a non-tas simultaneous playthrough of Mega Man X 1 and 2.

I can't even tell what's routed and what's improvised.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

The Kenster posted:

Wasn't Chibi the guy that invited himself to the couch at SGDQ2014 and proceeding to be annoying until one runner told him to shut up?

fake edit: Yup

He's also the guy who posted on twitter he was bringing a condom to GDQ "Just because". and I think he's from stiv's crew who did the entire Sam and Tolki cucking drama.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Dizz posted:

and I think he's from stiv's crew who did the entire Sam and Tolki cucking drama.
As far as I know he was essentially alone the entire event, including his big birthday dinner he invited people to

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I know this is an unrealistic request, but can't we all just play games quickly, for fun, without a ton of dumb drama? :(

In less dumb news, RPG Limit Break (replacement for Crystals for Life) is coming up tomorrow. It's gonna be running from 12-16 May with some really cool runs in there if you enjoy JRPGs.

Twitch channel is here
Schedule link is here

The last half dozen runs will be super awesome. The event is gonna end with co-op 100% Chrono Trigger. :3:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

BloodWulfe posted:

enjoy JRPGs.

what kind of sickos are these?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

BloodWulfe posted:

I know this is an unrealistic request, but can't we all just play games quickly, for fun, without a ton of dumb drama? :(

In less dumb news, RPG Limit Break (replacement for Crystals for Life) is coming up tomorrow. It's gonna be running from 12-16 May with some really cool runs in there if you enjoy JRPGs.

Twitch channel is here
Schedule link is here

The last half dozen runs will be super awesome. The event is gonna end with co-op 100% Chrono Trigger. :3:

What if I'm running in it but don't like JRPGs >: (

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

BloodWulfe posted:

Twitch channel is here
Schedule link is here

boo wheres the 16 hour persona 4 all s. links run

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Studio posted:

Then I recommend that you enjoy running Costume Quest 2 but skip the Final Fantasies and Chrono Trigger. :)

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I am very worried that the Suikoden run will be bad because I have no idea who the guy running it is, and he doesn't stream. Hopefully he at least has my notes.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~

Studio posted:

How can you do CQ2 without 1+DLC. Do you plan on explaining the deep lore that directly leads up to CQ2's Back To The Future sequel style?
Please write your response in the form of a Pastebin and get back to me ASAP.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Studio posted:

Get super hammered and chug an entire bag of candy corn.

Also did you find anything out about my missing prize from last SGDQ? Just curious.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

BloodWulfe posted:

Sounds like you should have been at midwest speed fest, we just played games fast with no drama no donations and no digity, bag it up.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
That RPG list is depressing. Feels like the dumbass execution from the Crystals for Life marathon took a toll on a lot RPG speedrunners. Watching Crystals for Life was pretty disheartening when there was barely anyone watching online or in person and twitch chat was disabled. Hope the Diablo 3 speedrun is interesting.

Watched a little bit of Chibitybobo's stream after he got caught cheating and that dude is going to be a headline for cyber bullying cases. His 300+ viewers busting his balls and he doesn't time anyone out, he's like a living embodiment of The Producers.

This link managed to get a user timed out though,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_gdqMTKXrc

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

And I go to Twitch and Chibi is not only on the front page, he's the stream that Twitch's homepage loads up by default.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
And Paper Mario on GC is a painfully dull game.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I think the way they caught him says it all about who is actually the one cheated out of anything when someone does this.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Get super hammered and chug an entire bag of candy corn.

Also did you find anything out about my missing prize from last SGDQ? Just curious.

Forwarded the message. We have someone to do all of the prize organizing now, but he's not going to have access to the SGDQ stuff until we're closer to SGDQ2015 (since everything is still still local there from 2014). He did confirm who you were, and we'll get something to you. Sorry about the delay :(

Zackcat posted:

How can you do CQ2 without 1+DLC. Do you plan on explaining the deep lore that directly leads up to CQ2's Back To The Future sequel style?
Please write your response in the form of a Pastebin and get back to me ASAP.
The problem with CQ1 is that it's super random. Like every area has an encounter that will easily murder you, and the last boss can just go on forever due to bad luck. CQ2 has a little bit of that but on a much smaller scale. That said the plot gets mostly skipped anyways, but can be shorthanded a bunch.

Studio fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 11, 2015

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
That's a long rear end delay

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Studio posted:

Forwarded the message. We have someone to do all of the prize organizing now, but he's not going to have access to the SGDQ stuff until we're closer to SGDQ2015 (since everything is still still local there from 2014). He did confirm who you were, and we'll get something to you. Sorry about the delay :(

No problem, I'm just glad it's finally being addressed.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Studio posted:

The problem with CQ1 is that it's super random. Like every area has an encounter that will easily murder you, and the last boss can just go on forever due to bad luck. CQ2 has a little bit of that but on a much smaller scale. That said the plot gets mostly skipped anyways, but can be shorthanded a bunch.

I dunno, I found a method (it involves using the stamp that has a chance to instantly kill, which does so at a good enough hit rate that it's honestly less random than killing them the normal way, I'm convinced it's pseudo-random in that sense because you think eventually it would fail to work in time but it never has) that gets you through most of the game without any real chance for things to go awry, but the last two fights are still absolute fuckers and you can and will just lose them for no reason.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Studio posted:

There's tons of other non-j rpgs such as the demon rush.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Studio posted:

I'd tell you to find a local bar, but heh.

Seriously, though, that part of the Salt Lake valley is dull.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Studio posted:

bring your supplies for some yellow russians.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I dunno, I found a method (it involves using the stamp that has a chance to instantly kill, which does so at a good enough hit rate that it's honestly less random than killing them the normal way, I'm convinced it's pseudo-random in that sense because you think eventually it would fail to work in time but it never has) that gets you through most of the game without any real chance for things to go awry, but the last two fights are still absolute fuckers and you can and will just lose them for no reason.

Those last fights are so brutal. I never did much research into Costume Quest 1 honestly, but I just relied off the vids I saw and the word of one of the runners. Which stamp is the insta kill one? I think the problem is usually buffing mobs in certain locations (There's a really bad fight in the unlit start of the mall). They'll get 1-2 buffs off and depending on the enemy you sometimes can't do anything to contest the damage. The monster buffs are incredible in the CQ series.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Studio posted:

Those last fights are so brutal. I never did much research into Costume Quest 1 honestly, but I just relied off the vids I saw and the word of one of the runners. Which stamp is the insta kill one? I think the problem is usually buffing mobs in certain locations (There's a really bad fight in the unlit start of the mall). They'll get 1-2 buffs off and depending on the enemy you sometimes can't do anything to contest the damage. The monster buffs are incredible in the CQ series.

Screaming Spider's the stamp, you get it automatically after beating BoJonn the first time. From that point onwards I just never stopped using it to clean encounters where I could since I feel like having two characters work on an enemy while your third rolls the dice on instant killing a second speeds up the fight unless you get horribly unlucky which has never happened to me through like two entire playthroughs but I might just be incredibly lucky. Can buy a better version of the stamp at Level 8 but iirc you're on the last few encounters at that point and it might not be worth going for at that stage. I never really had much chance to find out if this method was faster since I never really made a good run that used it, my runs all kept dying on the last boss as they so often do with that game, the strategy I use is just for the rest of the game I still use the same setup for the last boss and god I wish I had a better solution for it.

It really felt like it made the run more reliable and was faster but I never had a great time in that game so I might be full of poo poo. Try it, though! See what you make of it.

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 12, 2015

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/romscout is showing Iga how to break his own game.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
It's a shame I have to work a lot this week, was really looking forward to watching as much of RPGLB as I could (yes, I'm one of those guys that actually likes RPG speedruns), I guess I'll have to watch the majority of it after the event actually ends.

Edit: That thing with Romscout and Iga was really cool, also that Kickstarter was over funded in less then a day. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, a lot of people (including me) would like a new Metroidvania game made by Iga.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 12, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
christ

http://www.twitch.tv/cujoihsv/b/658372348?t=2h27m11s

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I was waiting for this dude to have a hilarious spergy outburst that I could laugh at. Instead he just looks sad and I'm sad for him :smith:

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
RPG Limit Break starts in about 45 minutes: http://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak/. First up is Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, followed by Diablo 3 (full shedule here).

Has a Fire Emblem marathon run ever gone well before? :confused:

The schedule is kind of hit or miss for me, but I'm looking forward to pretty much all of the SNES/PSX JRPGs. HighSpirits has been doing a ton of practice with e: Lunar 2 (though it's eight hours long) and 1p2c SoM is always great. Co-op CT should be a fun finale.

Yetee has shirts up already if you're so inclined.

BloodWulfe fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 12, 2015

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

BloodWulfe posted:

RPG Limit Break starts in about 45 minutes: http://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak/. First up is Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, followed by Diablo 3 (full shedule here).

Has a Fire Emblem marathon run ever gone well before? :confused:

The schedule is kind of hit or miss for me, but I'm looking forward to pretty much all of the SNES/PSX JRPGs. HighSpirits has been doing a ton of practice with e: Lunar 2 (though it's eight hours long) and 1p2c SoM is always great. Co-op CT should be a fun finale.

Yetee has shirts up already if you're so inclined.

Radiant Dawn has the least RNG of any of the games since you can easily manipulate levelups fairly early. The run at AGDQ 2015 was unexceptional, long and boring to most people but no issues and came in under time.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

0xwas got a 2:52 in SMRPG last week and now got it down to a 2:50, several minutes faster than Checkers' 2nd-place time. Also iateyourpie beat Cyghfer's old time and moved into 5th.

Also SMRPG is still the best game, for speedruns and otherwise.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Cubey posted:

0xwas got a 2:52 in SMRPG last week and now got it down to a 2:50, several minutes faster than Checkers' 2nd-place time. Also iateyourpie beat Cyghfer's old time and moved into 5th.

Bless Claude

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Zore posted:

Radiant Dawn has the least RNG of any of the games since you can easily manipulate levelups fairly early. The run at AGDQ 2015 was unexceptional, long and boring to most people but no issues and came in under time.

I missed that run at AGDQ 2015. So it sounds like the kind of run you really only appreciate if you love and know the game huh?

When I think of marathon Fire Emblem I think of the one that was mercy killed at SGDQ(?). That was just painful to watch. :(

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Cubey posted:

except low level runs gently caress those

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

baram. posted:

except low level runs gently caress those

Wanna double your coins?

Low level runs are great just for the hilarity they cause when, somehow, you get the wrong bonus 20+ times in a row. I think after that happened iateyourpie just flat out gave up.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Some nutty guys are having a casual Dustforce DX SS all levels race, which is an absurdly hard category:

http://multitwitch.tv/bluedragoon53/hourglvss/stygma24

e:
stygma24 aka nerphs is the current WR holder for SS all levels.
Blue and hourglass are cool dudes you should watch anyways :)

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 13, 2015

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

animatorZed posted:

Some nutty guys are having a casual Dustforce DX SS all levels race, which is an absurdly hard category:

http://multitwitch.tv/bluedragoon53/hourglvss/stygma24

e:
stygma24 aka nerphs is the current WR holder for SS all levels.
Blue and hourglass are cool dudes you should watch anyways :)

every time one of my speedfriends picks up Dustforce they always blueball me and do any%, then end up dropping it because you can't do dustforce without selling your soul to the devil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Still feeling bad for that dude who tried to do all ss at agdq and was stuck for half an hour on yotta

• Locked thread