Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mad Katter posted:

I suspected that Birdstrike's dodginess meant that he was a werewolf, and by telling him that I had switched him, and that he was now town, he would have revealed himself. That was the plan anyway.

I wasn't 100% on Gaspy's claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I didn't suspect Gaspy at the time, but god I wish I had claimed to have swapped Birdstrike with just about anyone else right now.

I'm starting to think that Gaspy and MaliciousOnion are the wolves, with Birdstrike being the tanner.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Anidav was a villager, but I switched him with my card (robber)

So I was a villager at the time that bif says she switched my card with unused card #3 (villager) which did....basically nothing

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
3 people in this game are definitely lying

JFC

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

At least we know there are two werewolves and a Tanner?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Mithranderp posted:

3 people in this game are definitely lying

JFC

Isn't that the point?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

MaliciousOnion posted:

Isn't that the point?

Yeah, for the werewolf team.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Very convenient for you that

1. You happen to choose the card that MMG doesn't and give it to Mith
2. It happens to be a villager, and
3. Mith robbed Anidav but wanted Anidav to confirm what card he had

dude if you're the tanner you're supposed to get yourself lynched, not me!

ooh lotsa new posts, hang on still typing up proper stuff here but still leaning towards Gaspy/Katter double down wolf combo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mad Katter posted:

I didn't suspect Gaspy at the time, but god I wish I had claimed to have swapped Birdstrike with just about anyone else right now.

I'm starting to think that Gaspy and MaliciousOnion are the wolves, with Birdstrike being the tanner.

btw Katter, if you really are the troublemaker and not just making up your picks and changing them for the sake of convenience, why'd you pick to switch Gaspy with MMG in the first place?

I picked Mith cause I thought Gaspy and Anidav would be prime targets for switching, more newbie Mafia players might also get caught in the crossfire, she seemed like a good solid dependable choice to get some more data out of.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think MMG is telling the truth cause no one has counter-claimed Seer. He could be a sole wolf who saw the seer in the pile, but I think we've got too many counterclaims going on to have only 1 wolf.

so if MMG is telling the truth, we have:

discard 1 - Hunter (according to MMG)
discard 2 - Villager (according to MMG)
discard 3 - Villager (according to me)

This means either Anidav or Gaspy was lying about starting off with a villager card. If it was Anidav lying, then Mith must ALSO be lying to cover for him and no one's counterclaimed robber to contradict her. Then where the hell does the Katter/Onion conflict come from if Anidav and Mith are the wolves?

Now I just gotta double check who has what by now and who can actually get lynched....

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Bifauxnen posted:

btw Katter, if you really are the troublemaker and not just making up your picks and changing them for the sake of convenience, why'd you pick to switch Gaspy with MMG in the first place?

I picked Mith cause I thought Gaspy and Anidav would be prime targets for switching, more newbie Mafia players might also get caught in the crossfire, she seemed like a good solid dependable choice to get some more data out of.

Well, they were both in the previous game, and I worked well with MMG to try and determine roles last time. The only thing I really didn't want to do was pick Anidav or Onion because I haven't played with them before and wasn't as familiar with their style. Also Birdstrike confused the poo poo out of me last game, so I didn't pick him.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I would never lie in a game I don't have to.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So here is the state of affairs as I believe them to have been at the start of the game:

player 1 - Anidav is villager #1
player 2 - Gaspy is wolfbro #1
player 3 - Me, I'm the witch
player 4 - Birb, gotta be the tanner pulling such crazy claims, definitely not the witch anyway
player 5 - Katter is wolfbro #2
player 6 - Onion is the true troublemaker
player 7 - Mith is the robber
player 8 - MMG is the seer
player 9 - Coq is the insomniac
discard 1 - hunter
discard 2 - villager #2
discard 3 - villager #3

Night time START!
* Gaspy and Katter get confirmed to each other as wolfbros
* MMG the Seer sees discards 1 and 2.
* Robber Mith swaps her card with Anidav's, sees that he is a villager. They both remain town-aligned.
* I, DIO the Witch, peek at discard 3 and give Mith that fresh new villager card, no change.
* Troublemaker Onion swaps villager Anidav with wolf Gaspy. :siren: Anidav is now a werewolf, while Gaspy is town :siren: Katter would be the 2nd wolf.
* Coq confirms that he remains the Insomniac

If Katter's telling the truth though, let's redo that last bit:
* Troublemaker Katter swaps Gaspy with MMG, suggests Gaspy and Onion would be the wolves. Except now that he switched, it'd be MMG and Onion who're the wolves, with Gaspy switched over to town, right?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

IDK

I think gaspy might have been the tanner

HEY GASPY

WHAT WERE YOU REALLY

there's a good chance that you are no longer that thing.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Actually, gaspy is almost definitely no longer that thing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gaspy, whichever troublemaker is real you gotta be one of the wolves. But both of them are claiming to have switched you! You should be town now! Sell out your evil former brethren for victory! :getin:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Not necessarily a wolf TBH, Birb is very much out there, but Birb always does weird things, so it could be just Birb being Birbwolf.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mithranderp posted:

HEY GASPY

WHAT WERE YOU REALLY

Good question!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Wouldn't I get a PM if I were to become a wolf?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

Nope!

Only the Insomniac knows for sure what they are at the end of the night.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

er...I think. correct if wrong.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

Not necessarily a wolf TBH, Birb is very much out there, but Birb always does weird things, so it could be just Birb being Birbwolf.

well, you know from your role that Anidav was a villager. From the rest of the data that tells me that Gaspy was lying about his own villager claim. If he's a tanner instead of Birb, Birb was goofing around so much he was hoping we'd think he was the tanner and not lynch him as a wolf. And Gaspy would be the tanner needing to get lynched to win. Now maybe his "Gaspy cannot be lynched" complex goes so far he actually would've preferred to lose, but I think it would've been more fun to pull a "oh no, don't throw me in the briar patch" routine and get himself lynched to win.

But ANYWAY yeah that is all moot cause both troublemakers are saying they switched him with town. So Gaspy should just confess his former status.

Anidav posted:

NO that is the point or else it'd be too easy

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I'm about to probably do something really, really dumb, but yeah.

I'm a wolf in every way but physical.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

*howls*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Actually, if Gaspy was the tanner all along and NOT wanting to fulfill his win condition, he should've just cleared up that he was the tanner early on, cause we wouldn't want to lynch him then. And we could've then turned on BirbWolfstrike instead as the liar. So yeah, I think Gaspy's gotta be an ex-wolf and Birb the tanner.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually, if Gaspy was the tanner all along and NOT wanting to fulfill his win condition, he should've just cleared up that he was the tanner early on, cause we wouldn't want to lynch him then. And we could've then turned on BirbWolfstrike instead as the liar. So yeah, I think Gaspy's gotta be an ex-wolf and Birb the tanner.

makes sense!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I know this feeling. Altered Beast.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

I know this feeling. Altered Beast.

WISE FROM YOUR GWAVE

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So who's still actually a wolf?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

oh lol

So now you're either a robber or a seer, and either anidav or MMG is a werewolf

My money is on Anidav, I think it's more likely that Onion is the real troublemaker.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Who was your partner

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

My partner was...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But I don't want to be a wolf.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Wolf 1 is Anidav or MMG
Wolf 2 is Katter or Onion

SKY COQ posted:

Who was your partner

But yeah this info would be great :3

Anidav posted:

But I don't want to be a wolf.

Doesn't matter. If you was bit, you is it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##vote MaliciousOnion

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mith is lying, I'm a 3rd Party Ninja Vampire.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Once you go Drac, you never go back.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Oh wow, I suck at figuring out who's lying

I...THINK that means that it's MMG and Onion

Anidav posted:

Mith is lying, I'm a 3rd Party Ninja Vampire.

Odd night bulletproof tanner

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So Gaspy's saying Onion was the wolfbro. Katter's gambits was just so suggestive of him being a scrambling wolf that I find this hard to believe. But would Gaspy actually throw the game out of some misplaced ex-wolf sense of loyalty?

I am currently re-reading the thread from the mindset of this alternate universe I have been suddenly dropped into see if that makes sense or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

So Gaspy's saying Onion was the wolfbro. Katter's gambits was just so suggestive of him being a scrambling wolf that I find this hard to believe. But would Gaspy actually throw the game out of some misplaced ex-wolf sense of loyalty?

I am currently re-reading the thread from the mindset of this alternate universe I have been suddenly dropped into see if that makes sense or not.

Better question: would gaspy lie?

Would gaspy lie to lose a game?

• Locked thread