Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

My prediction is that Pistolero will go on a blood soaked (inside and out) rage 2011 style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

If it makes for an exciting GT and Sky going home empty handed, then one can only hope.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pocket posted:

If it makes for an exciting GT and Sky going home empty handed, then one can only hope.

drat right! I want to see a nuclear powered Aru too.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

African AIDS cum posted:

drat right! I want to see a nuclear powered Aru too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2TL0GHSue0

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I am hype.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Astana with everyone together at the end, could have burned a couple to cut some time

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This has got be the best cycle path in the world

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I've been lusting after that bike path all morning.

Go on Movistar

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

:golfclap:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:australia:

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I was at my graduation, what did I miss?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Garmin's such a garbage team now.

Astana and Tinkov could have done better there. It's weird how everyone kills the first half of this course then screws up the end.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

I was at my graduation, what did I miss?

The Giro's over for Porte already.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

CyCling is brutal, someone slammed into a concrete wall at 40 and after a quick check gets his bike handed to him and sent on his way

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

CyCling is brutal, someone slammed into a concrete wall at 40 and after a quick check gets his bike handed to him and sent on his way

See also: Johnny Hoogerland.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Utter carnage in these final stages

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Brilliant sprint, viviani picked his wheels and timing perfectly

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Brilliant sprint, viviani picked his wheels and timing perfectly

Very happy for him. Seems absolutely delighted his first GT stage win is at the Giro.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Viviani is alright.

He was better when he wasn't with Sky tho.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

When should I start paying attention to the Giro this year?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Some riders are saying the crash was caused by a member of the public on a fixie riding into the peloton.

Edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoNFSiCq9Lo

You can see him coast under the ribbon, middle of the video around 10 seconds in. What a twat.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 11, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Pozzovivo is out of the Giro after a frankly fairly horrific crash.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

serious gaylord posted:

Some riders are saying the crash was caused by a member of the public on a fixie riding into the peloton.

Edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoNFSiCq9Lo

You can see him coast under the ribbon, middle of the video around 10 seconds in. What a twat.

:psyduck:

what the gently caress is wrong with people

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
People are idiots. Have they arrested him yet?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

People are idiots. Have they arrested him yet?

They've only today found a video that shows it. You can see him scooting away at the end after getting back on the right side of the tape. Looks like he didnt hit anyone, but them dodging him caused the pileup.

They still havent found the guy that caused that women sprinter to crash and you had a perfect view of his face. They wont get this guy.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I thought that guy had turned himself in, but they didn't do anything because it was more innocent than it looked in the video? He was banging the boards and someone grabbed his jacket or something.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

peanut- posted:

I thought that guy had turned himself in, but they didn't do anything because it was more innocent than it looked in the video? He was banging the boards and someone grabbed his jacket or something.

Maybe a different case, because in the sprinter one, he clearly leans forward to do what he's doing and was not banging the boards before hand.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skPUHnqMvwI

The reaction of the medical guys and the crowd is pretty :stare: That looked fairly harmless as a crash, but the way hes just laying there not moving.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skPUHnqMvwI

The reaction of the medical guys and the crowd is pretty :stare: That looked fairly harmless as a crash, but the way hes just laying there not moving.

"We don't need to look at that. We really don't need to look at that. "

Goddamn. I thought the Giro was supposed to be the safer of the GTs

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Gibbo posted:

Goddamn. I thought the Giro was supposed to be the safer of the GTs

Woulter weylandt died in the giro a few years ago

Also Jesus gently caress don't handle someone like that after severe blunt trauma :ohdear:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Woulter weylandt died in the giro a few years ago

Didn't realize that was in the Giro

I meant more along the lines of "People doing stupid poo poo" though. Solo crashes like that(pozzovivo) can happen anywhere unfortunately.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Gibbo posted:

*no ad break*

Actions speak louder than words.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Pocket posted:

*no ad break*

Actions speak louder than words.

I just like how the eurosport commentator was apologizing for the Italians refusing to cut the cameras away. Although as an Italian rider I can see why they wanted to focus on it. Still just really grim.

Remember kids: Pros don't need no stinkin' helmets.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 11, 2015

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
I presume they didn't cut away because they knew he was alright? I was watching live pictures from Italian TV when Wouter Weylandt died and they only showed him for a half-second or so before they realized what was going on and changed the shot.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They didn't cut away as he was an italian rider that had a chance at the GC.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Jamsque posted:

I presume they didn't cut away because they knew he was alright? I was watching live pictures from Italian TV when Wouter Weylandt died and they only showed him for a half-second or so before they realized what was going on and changed the shot.

Or he was just a Belgian and there were Italians doing more important work up at the front. From that pool of blood on the ground and his ragdoll, there was no assurance that Pozzovivo was okay.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Gibbo posted:

I just like how the eurosport commentator was apologizing for the Italians refusing to cut the cameras away. Although as an Italian rider I can see why they wanted to focus on it. Still just really grim.

Remember kids: Pros don't need no stinkin' helmets.

My point was how they'll ad break when favourites attack on important parts of races but have their commentator repeatedly mention how this content of a dude lying motionless on the ground isn't in line with our ethics or what they consider good taste but will just continue showing you the live feed.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Pocket posted:

My point was how they'll ad break when favourites attack on important parts of races but have their commentator repeatedly mention how this content of a dude lying motionless on the ground isn't in line with our ethics or what they consider good taste but will just continue showing you the live feed.

Pretty sure the commentators don't control that, and the guy in charge of that is just going "$$$RATINGS"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

The ad breaks aren't controlled by them in so far as they have to have x per hour, and regulations mean they cant occur within x amount of time of each other. This could have just been very bad timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Gibbo posted:

Or he was just a Belgian and there were Italians doing more important work up at the front.

Did you watch that stage? The commentators could barely speak and the post-race show was an hour of people crying. Maybe the situation today wasn't handled as delicately as it might have been but Rai Sport isn't some heartlessly partisan broadcaster.