Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Wild and Crazy Kids host?
This poll is closed.
Annette Chavez 0 0%
Jessica Gaynes 0 0%
Omar Gooding 18 81.82%
Donnie Jeffcoat 4 18.18%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Look Under The Rock posted:

Merk, you know better than to push this case.

Vote locked. This is definitely a scum flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm disagreeing with merk on this one. I think Somber's point on GG was better.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

z z z

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

I'm disagreeing with merk on this one. I think Somber's point on GG was better.

Was going to post (basically) this exact same thing

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Then make a vote instead of fingering suspicion. The case and follow up I made were related so I don't know what to tell you.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I'm guessing that at least one scum has a vote down on this LUTR train. My stake, as voted, is on JakeP.

Based on what? This is such a cliche thing to say, and scum rely on lovely cliche reasoning for their terrible votes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

agree again

GG is probably scum too or an idiot, dont know him, he might just be an idiot, but the fact that he is making cases that assume LUTR is town when there is no reason to think so makes me think he is scum

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Based on what? This is such a cliche thing to say, and scum rely on lovely cliche reasoning for their terrible votes

I already made a case on you last night, and have readdressed it for those interested.

How's about you read my reasoning for my terrible vote??? :doh:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I already made a case on you last night, and have readdressed it for those interested.

How's about you read my reasoning for my terrible vote??? :doh:

I told you why your case is bad already. You are voting me for voting flippantly on day 1, then you tacked on some other dumb poo poo after.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

agree again

GG is probably scum too or an idiot, dont know him, he might just be an idiot, but the fact that he is making cases that assume LUTR is town when there is no reason to think so makes me think he is scum

There is little reason to think LUTR is scum. Outside of merks casing which isn't at all guaranteed? I have a dissenting opinion so I'm an idiot. :rolleyes:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

There is little reason to think LUTR is scum. Outside of merks casing which isn't at all guaranteed? I have a dissenting opinion so I'm an idiot. :rolleyes:

You have no basis for dissenting

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
LUTR came back to admonish me for making a case without even coming anywhere near telling us who is scum and why. She used every 'weak scum' catchphrase I think exist in the 'weak scum player's guide' while doing it too:

Merk, you know better than to push this case.

Simple as that, and if I'd had more time, I would have said all that, but I didn't.

Your reaction is disproportionately aggressive.

Merk, what you are doing is not scum hunting.

Come on, folks.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

I told you why your case is bad already. You are voting me for voting flippantly on day 1, then you tacked on some other dumb poo poo after.

I'll listen to anything you have to say when you actually articulate a defense instead of dismissing outright. Until then, whatever dude. My vote is stuck on this belligerent neanderthal.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

You have no basis for dissenting

I agree with this too now that I stepped back to think about it a bit. I still think LUTR is the better vote though.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I'll listen to anything you have to say when you actually articulate a defense instead of dismissing outright. Until then, whatever dude. My vote is stuck on this belligerent neanderthal.

Town Post (lol not rly)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If what I'm doing is so scummy, why didn't LUTR vote me? Jesus. This. is. scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Uugggghhhh you make a good point.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I don't think she calls you scum, though.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Id be absolutely fine with either lutr or gg gettting lynched today

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

This is the last I will engage you about this post. Your reaction is disproportionately aggressive. If anyone else wants to talk about it, I'll address whatever issues you have, but specifically Merk, what you are doing is not scum hunting.

She implies it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's almost like LUTR has two posts in this game where she lashes out at someone without CLEARLY calling that person is scum! THAT IS WHAT WEAK SCUM DO! THAT IS HOW A WEAK SCUM PLAYER PLAYS!

FOLLOW ME I AM RIGHT

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
the caps have me convinced

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
lutr is busy as gently caress, her behavior makes sense in that context. i do not think you are right.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Merk seems like a scum who found a way to make other people believe him about a case on a townsperson that is weak enough that he can just say "whoops" tomorrow.
Jakep seems like his scumbud jumping in to go in on the case too.

##vote merk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

lutr is busy as gently caress, her behavior makes sense in that context. i do not think you are right.

Her behavior doesn't seem apologetic for her lack of participation though, she seems to try to make Merk out to be the bad guy for casing her.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What is weak about the case, CPig?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

What is weak about the case, CPig?

it only sort of makes sense and It isnt really a good indication of alignment either way.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

it only sort of makes sense and It isnt really a good indication of alignment either way.

What doesn't make sense about it?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

what part sort of makes sense

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Basically you are calling her out on what you say is a "scum move" as if its some sort of tell all scum move in the game when I've done similar things as town.

Im just saying its a null tell and I don't think she reacted that poorly to it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Merk who you want me to vote out

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

Her behavior doesn't seem apologetic for her lack of participation though, she seems to try to make Merk out to be the bad guy for casing her.

weird why would someone be annoyed at being repeatedly cased.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The fact that you are locked in on her and the way you are pushing it so aggressively makes me think you are scummy for it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

Merk who you want me to vote out

I don't know. The world is your oyster.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

weird why would someone be annoyed at being repeatedly cased.

In a mafia game, gee go figure

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

The fact that you are locked in on her and the way you are pushing it so aggressively makes me think you are scummy for it.

Hi, I'm merk. Maybe we haven't met.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

Hi, I'm merk. Maybe we haven't met.

I get that, but this is different than the way you are normally aggressive.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Merk is a dude that as town will vow to only vote one person until they are lynched

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

I don't know. The world is your oyster.

##vote merk
you said it was okay to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

Basically you are calling her out on what you say is a "scum move" as if its some sort of tell all scum move in the game when I've done similar things as town.

Im just saying its a null tell and I don't think she reacted that poorly to it.

It's day 1. It's an exceptional day 1 case. If this was lylo and I'm literally casing someone off of a single sentence in their first content-based post in the game, I'd be right there with you casting some shade (potentially).

Also, how does that not make sense? What part of the case doesn't make sense?

• Locked thread