Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Wild and Crazy Kids host?
This poll is closed.
Annette Chavez 0 0%
Jessica Gaynes 0 0%
Omar Gooding 18 81.82%
Donnie Jeffcoat 4 18.18%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I think we have to lynch Samfucius.

I'm confused now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

I've seen two millers before and it's the kind of thing I would totally do, that's not why GG looks bad. It's all the stuff he said about it and the inconsistency Jake pointed out

I don't think Opo scum makes this post. It's interesting because he never votes GG though...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I'm confused now.

I'm voting Samfucius.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I think we have to lynch this player. If GG had any help in the scum doc to make that claim and then try to defend it, the only post I can find even remotely close is from ##vote Samfucius

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What your main reasoning on Sam vs others?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm gonna ##vote opop

the timing of his vote on me is just too convenient for scum. it comes at a critical time to try to build momentum on me, but contradicts his past opinions.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Read from when GG makes his fakeclaim through the Samfucius post that I quote in the post above. I would think that scum would coordinate on a fakeclaim like that, and it kind of looks like GG/Samfucius coordination. It is possible that a scum helped him make the fakeclaim and then sat back (uranus, Opo (Opo even defends the fakeclaim), etc.), but the Samfucius post is just too obvious for us to not lynch him off of it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Read from when GG makes his fakeclaim through the Samfucius post that I quote in the post above. I would think that scum would coordinate on a fakeclaim like that, and it kind of looks like GG/Samfucius coordination. It is possible that a scum helped him make the fakeclaim and then sat back (uranus, Opo (Opo even defends the fakeclaim), etc.), but the Samfucius post is just too obvious for us to not lynch him off of it.

Agreed.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fake claiming kid judge was real dumb lol

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

Fake claiming kid judge was real dumb lol

Yeah, but who do you think helped him with that claim? You don't toss out a fakeclaim on day 1 as scum without some discussion with at least one scum buddy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh, yeah

##vote samfucius

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

look at this loving sentence lol

Samfucius posted:

Chaoslord I believe is doing just that, sowing chaos.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
At least this case is based on someone's post and not their omission from another's post. ##vote sam

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok yeah

##vote sam

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A lot of ggs posts were defending lutr. Prob already talked about and wasn't paying attention to It

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm helping. ##vote samfucius

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sam lives in a medieval timezone. Should wait til he gets back and can talk back first

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nah, I ain't moving.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Asiina posted:

Nah, I ain't moving.

Yeah, the PMom case is good too.

ninja: The fact that PMom chose the word "certitude" instead of "confidence" has been bugging me for like 12 hours. Choosing that different word to try to inflate the case is scummy. I forget what game it was (it was over 2 years ago), but I cased Lumpen for choosing words with very negative connotations in his case as a way to inflate it - he was scum. I think I've tried that similar tell in a case a few times since and don't remember whether it panned out as being successful. On the one hand, you have someone who wants to make their case persuasive (town). On the other, you have someone who wants to make their case sound real (scum). Not sure where it falls.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I was confused about you thinking that Mom and Sam were both, since Sam is voting Mom. Bussing is a thing but it doesn't seem productive here. I'm also a little confused about why you want to see Sam's flip before Mom's when you have this notion that Keane and Mom are scum together, yeah? Did I get that right? It's been a bit confusing with the replacements.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

ninja: The fact that PMom chose the word "certitude" instead of "confidence" has been bugging me for like 12 hours. Choosing that different word to try to inflate the case is scummy. I forget what game it was (it was over 2 years ago), but I cased Lumpen for choosing words with very negative connotations in his case as a way to inflate it - he was scum. I think I've tried that similar tell in a case a few times since and don't remember whether it panned out as being successful. On the one hand, you have someone who wants to make their case persuasive (town). On the other, you have someone who wants to make their case sound real (scum). Not sure where it falls.

I think you are falling into a bit of bias, here. I don't think we should remove PMom from the table entirely, but his posting has been pretty good today.

I also think the far more damning point is the interactions between LUTR/GG, especially since I don't feel like there was as big a push onto LUTR as I would have expected if one player was scum and one player was not.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I was confused about you thinking that Mom and Sam were both, since Sam is voting Mom. Bussing is a thing but it doesn't seem productive here. I'm also a little confused about why you want to see Sam's flip before Mom's when you have this notion that Keane and Mom are scum together, yeah? Did I get that right? It's been a bit confusing with the replacements.

Every case I make is independent from unknown flips. I'm not saying that Sam and PMom are scum together.

I have a notion that Keane is more likely scum if PMom is not scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't think Keane is scum, walk me through why he's scummy if I'm not scum?

merk posted:

When you post "this person will flip scum", that's projecting certitude. I'm not sure why you object to that word choice.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Every case I make is independent from unknown flips. I'm not saying that Sam and PMom are scum together.

I have a notion that Keane is more likely scum if PMom is not scum.

I'm pretty sure you think I am scum in literally every game we have played together.

Like not figuratively here, I actually can't recall a game where you have said I am town.

Its like you're flipping a coin, except instead of flipping it you are laying it on a table and calling it scum a bunch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I'm pretty sure you think I am scum in literally every game we have played together.

Like not figuratively here, I actually can't recall a game where you have said I am town.

Its like you're flipping a coin, except instead of flipping it you are laying it on a table and calling it scum a bunch.

It's a good case if PMom flips town. Sorry :(

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

When you post "this person will flip scum", that's projecting certitude. I'm not sure why you object to that word choice.

I think I've explained why I object to the word choice, and my concern is supported by at least one other person in the thread.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

This might just be an ESL thing? Google ngrams shows that "certitude" is a much more common word in French (~0.002%) than in English (~0.00007%).

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

It's a good case if PMom flips town. Sorry :(

I think I am just scummy IRL, man. No hard feelings.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm gonna ##vote opop

the timing of his vote on me is just too convenient for scum. it comes at a critical time to try to build momentum on me, but contradicts his past opinions.

The posts you quoted were two days apart. I'm allowed to change my opinions given new information

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Opopanax posted:

The posts you quoted were two days apart. I'm allowed to change my opinions given new information

Which new information changed your mind?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello sorry ive joined too many games after not playing for a long time and have been spending all my time trying to not die in one and neglecting the other two.

i want to kill pmom because 'certitude' or whatever is good. of course people try to sounds certain in their arguments, how the heck else are you supposed to convince anyone to vote with you if you're handwringing and going 'oh well of course i could be wrong gee, maybe just ignore what im saying to be safe i dont want to cause any trouble, sorry for speaking'

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Which new information changed your mind?

The cases people made and the way you two were acting. Specifically, where I make my vote (which you removed from context) there's the whole thing with you playing dumb about Keane's very obvious plan

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I am not changing my vote, don't see how anyone could possibly think anon was town, and like you are going to not lynch someone because they claimed VT but merk is all about lynching a claimed jailer, this is loving so stupid

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

I am not changing my vote, don't see how anyone could possibly think anon was town, and like you are going to not lynch someone because they claimed VT but merk is all about lynching a claimed jailer, this is loving so stupid

This doesn't address the Samfucius case at all.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

imgay posted:

Sam lives in a medieval timezone. Should wait til he gets back and can talk back first

I appreciate this but what exactly can I say? This she case is based on the fact that I didn't catch GG, and actually openly supported him. I can't really deny that. I was wrong, but I don't really know how I am scummier than pmom. LUTR played like we were all out to get her while throwing nothing back but personal attacks, and she's relatively new if I remember correctly; seems like pretty solid newbie scum behavior, refusing to commit to a vote or read because it might come back to haunt her while still trying to write something.

The thread had this major "I'm cooling on pmom" swing all of a sudden, and I don't see why.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Samfucius posted:

The thread had this major "I'm cooling on pmom" swing all of a sudden, and I don't see why.

I'm not cooling on PMom.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

JakeP posted:

Scum wouldn't claim vt so quickly, for lots of reasons. It hugely mitigates your role on the mafia team. It stopped others from claiming. And it stopped a scumhunting line of thought, a distraction scum would normally welcome. I honestly think claiming vt there is very town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm the person who cooled on PMom. You probably got confused because I am surrounded by my puppet collection so I look like a lot of different people.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm cool on Mom because Mom is cool :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Also look at pmom flailing for a vote that would save her on this very page.

• Locked thread