Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Proteus4994 posted:

I dunno, Flecca is a joke, Prison Break doesn't really require significant coordination, neither does Humane Raid.

Maybe Pacific Standard would be easier with voice chat but as long as people liberally use explosives it's pretty easy.

I haven't done Series A yet so I can't really speak about that one.

It lets you get people's attention when you can see them loving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
alright, I'll be honest, every time I've done voice chat in games with goons it's nothing but the most obnoxiously hardcore perfectionists and it's not fun to play

"NO YOU CANNOT USE THE SPECIAL CARBINE THE ADVANCED ASSAULT RIFLE DOES 1.5 DPS MORE HAVEN'T YOU READ THE WIKI GOD YOU loving NOOB!!!!!"

Happened in Guild Wars, happens in Diablo 3 and I'm sure I'll happen in GTAO.

That's why I'm dragging my feet about Mumble.

e: like, I'm GOOD at GTAO but I'm not GREAT at it and I have no interest in trying to become some sort of GTAO world champion I just want to kill dudes and make money

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Proteus4994 posted:

alright, I'll be honest, every time I've done voice chat in games with goons it's nothing but the most obnoxiously hardcore perfectionists and it's not fun to play

"NO YOU CANNOT USE THE SPECIAL CARBINE THE ADVANCED ASSAULT RIFLE DOES 1.5 DPS MORE HAVEN'T YOU READ THE WIKI GOD YOU loving NOOB!!!!!"

e: like, I'm GOOD at GTAO but I'm not GREAT at it and I have no interest in trying to become some sort of GTAO world champion I just want to kill dudes and make money

I will admit that goons can be loving obnoxious on voice chat in many other games, especially when it comes to coordinated efforts like taking over a game like H1Z1 or Rust. However this isn't really one of them. Give it a shot.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Granted, I don't have a huge deal of experience with GTAO goons, but my experience with GTAO Mumble has been nothing but chill.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Proteus4994 posted:

Like that's why I mute the voice chat selectively rather than never ever turn it on, though?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Like that's why I mute the voice chat selectively rather than never ever turn it on, though?

if you're talking about in-game voice chat, I still maintain there is literally zero reason to ever have that on unless you happen to miraculously get teamed for a heist with 3 pubbies who a)are using voice chat and b)aren't loving terrible.

That hasn't happened to me yet.

e: You guys convinced me though I'll break down and try Mumble when I get home.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Nintendo Kid posted:

I set voice chat to friends+crew.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Pretty much all the goons I've played this with have been cool. Some are a little awkward but I've only run into one overly particular rear end

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Songbearer posted:

It's a bike bonanza! Two flavours of motorbike-related idiocy: Original Stunt and Crusty Bail. Choose your favourite!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGiGmR83DV4&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOxYYAigIE&hd=1

lmao

Never stop, buddy, I love your videos

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I got 1 million dollars from a cheater, now I feel obligated to spend my 3 million just in case Rockstar resets my balance. But I don't know what to spend it on. It seems wasteful to spend it on a tank I'll only use once a week, at most.

Proteus4994 posted:

There's at least one guy who will tell you the stats of every car, with and without mods, but he won't get bitchy at you if you decide to take your own ride instead of ride with him in his fully modded car.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

UserErr0r posted:

There's at least one guy who will tell you the stats of every car, with and without mods, but he won't get bitchy at you if you decide to take your own ride instead of ride with him in his fully modded car.

See, that's fine. If you're a walking sperg database, I don't mind. Hell, more power to you. But when you want to try to force me to be a walking sperg database too, that's where I draw the line.

also buy a hydra. you probably won't use that much either, but hey, a Hydra! I'm saving up for a Buzzard.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

lmao

Never stop, buddy, I love your videos

Seconded. Keep 'em comin' Songbearer you beautiful bastard.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Proteus4994 posted:

Happened in Guild Wars, happens in Diablo 3

There's yer problem right there, lil sperglin.

Personally, I'm loving hilarious and awesome and a captain of industry on voice chat.
especially on the rare occasion I choose to favor you all with a drum solo from across the room.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Duke Chin posted:

There's yer problem right there, lil sperglin.

Personally, I'm loving hilarious and awesome and a captain of industry on voice chat.
especially on the rare occasion I choose to favor you all with a drum solo from across the room.

you sound like a cool dude and I wanna be your friend

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
This isn't an MMO, this is GTAO. You just load into the game and gently caress around. The stats of the weapons are shown by bars, it's not like there's exact numbers to base off. As long as you aren't loving up the mission, no one's going to sperg at you.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

But Not Tonight posted:

you sound like a cool dude and I wanna be your friend

:smuggo:

(I haven't done the drum thing in a while cause A: I haven't boozed'n'GTAO'd in a bit and B: I don't to ENTIRELY piss my neighbors off)

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

:smuggo:

(I haven't done the drum thing in a while cause A: I haven't boozed'n'GTAO'd in a bit and B: I don't to ENTIRELY piss my neighbors off)

Well when I get home tomorrow we will get all sorts of boozey and play some gtao (no drum solo necessary), if you're so inclined: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SineSineSINE/

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

But Not Tonight posted:

Well when I get home tomorrow we will get all sorts of boozey and play some gtao (no drum solo necessary), if you're so inclined: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SineSineSINE/

PS4 only no PC version yet until it goes on deep deeeeeeeeeeeep discount womp womp.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

PS4 only no PC version yet until it goes on deep deeeeeeeeeeeep discount womp womp.

gross, awful, disgusting sub-human garbage don't you dare come near me

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

lol all that whining and my mic's busted anyway oops

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

But Not Tonight posted:

gross, awful, disgusting sub-human garbage don't you dare come near me

Hey i totally would have already but there's no way in gently caress R* is going to triple dip in my wallet like that.

Xbox 360 $60
PS4 $60
PC $60 naaaaaaaaaah
:homebrew:

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

Hey i totally would have already but there's no way in gently caress R* is going to triple dip in my wallet like that.

Xbox 360 $60
PS4 $60
PC $60 naaaaaaaaaah
:homebrew:

Ok I understand that, I double-dipped but triple-dipping is too much.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Proteus4994 posted:

I don't want to talk to any of you fuckers, though. Nor listen to you.

This is precisely why I don't hang out in Mumble. Mumble is great once a group is established, but I'm sure not going to sit in Mumble and listen to goons annoyingly bullshit at random, it's terrible.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
My friend got salty while racing so I chewed him out. I vowed to absolve myself and, well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ANhvAWIVE&hd=1

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I had my first GTA Mumble experience and other than my run in with the Total Anal Dominator I think things went well.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Songbearer posted:

My friend got salty while racing so I chewed him out. I vowed to absolve myself and, well.

:stare:

:golfclap: - nicely done

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dick Trauma posted:

I had my first GTA Mumble experience and other than my run in with the Total Anal Dominator I think things went well.

I tried it and it just told me I didn't have the right username. Then I gave up and did some random jobs for fun.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Duke Chin posted:

We tried to tell you this when you decided to buy a Xbox One and not a PS4 like the rest of us tite bros from way back :colbert: After not having played for a good 3-4 weeks I jumped on Tuesday night and there were a handful of Goonze who shot things with me.

I've had an Xbox One since it launched so it just made sense for me to buy it on that rather than to buy a dedicated GTA machine. I'm going to be getting it on Steam in a few weeks anyway so I should be able heist easily on there, if there's a good deal going I may in fact buy a Playstation 4 as well because I would like to play Uncharted 4.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Songbearer posted:

:stare: wow that got dark

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Songbearer posted:

It's a bike bonanza! Two flavours of motorbike-related idiocy: Original Stunt and Crusty Bail. Choose your favourite!

And this is how a professional does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhfkpToUuA8&hd=1

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Daztek posted:

And this is how a professional does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhfkpToUuA8&hd=1

Hahaha, that opening stunt. Crunch. Some of those fails, so crusty. I cringed several times

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 15, 2015

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

I wish I could more reliably go over railing and barriers while bringing my bike with me. Stuff like those short on/off ramp barriers are no problem, but I've yet to ever clear those flared concrete center dividers on the highway, and I've had mixed results with other types. Bikes are already prone to really screwing me due to the ability for any civ to change lanes and ruin my day, I'd at least like to consistently be able to say "lol, cya" to anyone pursuing me by just disappearing over some guard rail.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

A Lamer posted:

I wish I could more reliably go over railing and barriers while bringing my bike with me. Stuff like those short on/off ramp barriers are no problem, but I've yet to ever clear those flared concrete center dividers on the highway, and I've had mixed results with other types. Bikes are already prone to really screwing me due to the ability for any civ to change lanes and ruin my day, I'd at least like to consistently be able to say "lol, cya" to anyone pursuing me by just disappearing over some guard rail.

pull back and do a wheelie right before hitting them, you're more likely to go up in the air instead of off of the bike that way

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Guys, we need to play some "Rocket's vs Insurgents" tonight on PS4, I just bought a Hydra and funds are now dangerously low.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
For the best result you'll want to wheelie so your bike's front wheel is level with the very top of the wall you want to ramp over. This makes it so your bike effectively creates its own slope to drive up: Learning this trick made things a lot easier for me.

Bikes with high ride heights and fast wheelie speeds have an easier job of hopping up walls.

The Sanchez is by far the easiest, capable of hopping and scaling over nearly any wall regardless of how you hit it, provided you wheelie as hard as you can. Its stunting potential is hampered by its limited top speed, even with engine upgrades. Amazing for wallriding and easily controlled jumps.

The Ruffian is my stunt bike of choice. It's very fast, can wheelie at any speed, and its small size and high ride height gives you a lot of leeway so you don't need to be precise when you hit your wall. Get used to stunting with the Sanchez and I highly recommend you purchase one of these, you can start doing some awesome long distance manuvers.

The Hakouchou is the advanced stunt bike and the best one by far, but you need practice to make it work. Due to its sheer length, you need to always make sure you can wheelie accurately and land the front tyre onto the obstacle you want to mount, otherwise it'll hit the underside of the bike and you'll eat poo poo (usually at a billion miles an hour). Its sheer speed, combined with the fastest in-air spin and flip speed, makes this an incredible stunt bike, but you'll need to really practise to get the consistency you want out of it.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Wee Bairns posted:

Guys, we need to play some "Rocket's vs Insurgents" tonight on PS4, I just bought a Hydra and funds are now dangerously low.

I wish you would stop reminding us that there isn't a PC equivalent yet.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

mr clownskull says his body is ready for rocket's vs INSURGENT

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Songbearer posted:

For the best result you'll want to wheelie so your bike's front wheel is level with the very top of the wall you want to ramp over. This makes it so your bike effectively creates its own slope to drive up: Learning this trick made things a lot easier for me.

otherwise it'll hit the underside of the bike and you'll eat poo poo (usually at a billion miles an hour).

I think this is what I've been missing, which popping a wheelie later like proteus suggested has kind of helped with. I assumed I just needed my wheel in the air, so I've been doing the wheelie as soon as I've identified the target and reached a patch of level ground basically, which has often resulted in me climbing too high I guess and hooking the bottom of my ruffian.

Recorded a short practice run and already the results are better. Edited out dead space and me eating it a couple times due to unrelated things like leaning into street lights. ( :downs: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbEwMyNsKfI

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

God, I can't wait for the editor to drop for PS4 so my character can be a movie star like she deserves...

im pooping! posted:

mr clownskull says his body is ready for rocket's vs INSURGENT

The Nice Boy Online is also down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

:dance:

• Locked thread