Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Start whenever, it's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I just got NK'd in PETA mafia so count me in on this one.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

razorrozar posted:

I just got NK'd in PETA mafia so count me in on this one.

Great! I feel your pain, I just got NK'd in Star Trek.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I just got NK'd in REAL LIFE

call the police

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I wish for death, does that count?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
please don't kill people using magic lamps

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Sign me up. I want to be the morganites

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'd be super into a SMAC game :)

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Kleedrac you keep ending up in the same games as me :arghfist::tinfoil:

(j/k you're a cool dude. good to see you)

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

razorrozar posted:

Kleedrac you keep ending up in the same games as me :arghfist::tinfoil:

(j/k you're a cool dude. good to see you)

Wait Razor's in this game?! Now I super-want in ;)

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I'll play if you need more!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mithranderp posted:

I'll play if you need more!

Just you and we're set I think

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
We have 15 players :toot:

I will send Role PMs later today

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:siren:Role PMs sent. PM me if you did not get yours.:siren:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
We planning to start tomorrow morning?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Tirade posted:

We planning to start tomorrow morning?

Games started, Scum!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

only scum make plans.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

only scum make plans.

Scum think, town do.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh yeah, Monday's tomorrow! I don't have work! :dance:

I got my PM Birb, so all good

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Confirming. Gonna be driving all day tomorrow so I won't be around too much but after that I should be fine.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Got mine!

Never not lynch gaspy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

on another side thought we should get a smac game going one day for the smac addicts.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I own SMAC but haven't played it. I should.

Also I got David Hasselhoff, I didn't know he was in SMAC?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

alright, everyone into the delorean, we're going to the future

hi goons

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
In light of the set time sucking for our recently joined international friends, and the game being seen as open by lots of folks, we may as well start methinks.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
"There is a direct correlation between our proximity to landing and the amount of shitposting from the crew. The regular posters have split into factions each pushing some crazy agenda, helped by attendant hangers-on. Why was I chosen to mod the dregs of humanity in this god-forsaken place anyway?

I hope there will be chicken waffles on this new planet. *opens fridge* Oh it's you? What are you doing in the fridge?"

"No members hey? Deregistered hey? Well let's see what happens when the rest of them split into oblivion, haaaaaa"

"I warned them about splits. As for you, get out of the fridge, you're contaminating my waffles."

"IT'S IS NOT A FETISH"

XyloJW, Captain John Garland, Town-aligned Plot Device, has been killed on N0!

ScreamingLlama, Scum-aligned Plot Device, killed his are self on N0

The rest of the refugees align themselves with one of the seven leaders of the special interest groups which have emerged on board. Each of them have commandeered a landing pod. Other hangers-on are ready to act once planet fall is made.

Some of you seek to uphold the goals of the UN Mission Charter. Some of you do not.

As the Unity broke up during your descent you were been scattered and isolated from your fellows. You have all recently rediscovered the forums link and can now make contact. You can work together to survive in a hostile world, or you can destroy those who differ in their worldview almost imperceptibly.

It is now Day 1 The deadline for Day 1 is 9pm Monday, aka in time for us all to watch QandA

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Asphyxious (1): Gough Suppressant

Not Voting (14): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Kleedrac, Kommando, MaliciousOnion, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, razorrozar, thatbastardken, Those On My Left, Tirade, white mans burping, Zetsubou-san

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Oh hey, this is open!

I just got home from work so I might go to bed soon.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Oh my god Gough you suck!

##vote Matthew Beet

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

We got some mysterious new peeps around for this game, it's like we found aliens already! Can you guys snitch on each other and give us the dirt on what your usual Mafia games are like?

btw I've never played this particular game, but I have played some of the earlier Civs. Is SMAC at all conducive to letting you just turtle up building a pacifist paradise? I always liked to do that as long as I could, at least until some enemy would inevitably pick a fight with my enlightened culture, and then I'd have to focus all my wonders and advanced research and infrastructure and wealth to the sole twisted purpose of rush mass-producing an army to utterly eradicate them. :(

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Personal Log posted:

Day 1 of Planet

So the pod contain myself and similar minded persons have landed on what Unity Science Intern Ani Dav (deceased) called 'Planet' and no-one bothered to formally change it, what with the rough landing and all.

Our Commlink has been repaired and the first things broadcast over it are more shitposts.

Sigh.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

This is my grumpy face for not getting Morgan.

:(

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
I've never played SMAC. I've never lived in the future. In fact, I'm living in the past, in terms of my social attitudes, physical environment without electricity or running water, and timezone.

I don't wake up until midday australia time so please dont lynch me for not posting in the morning

Good morning foreigners and welcome to Auspol. I hope you enjoy your time here.

##vote Asphyxious

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
I didn't get the pm can someone send me the link to the scum doc

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
oh shi

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote white mans burping

I think I've spotted a scumslip.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Role PM confirmed. I haven't played SMAC in quite a while but Beyond Earth seems like the spiritual successor without some of the awesome flavor so I'm happy to revisit Alpha Centauri :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Morning all!

Morning gaspy. Good to see you trying something different straight out of the gate. :rolleyes:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Morning all!

Morning gaspy. Good to see you trying something different straight out of the gate. :rolleyes:

You should have faith in me! :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Morning all!

Morning Beets. I look forward to you, gaspy and bif throwing wild accusations at one another that results in town eating itself yet again.

• Locked thread