Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jerry Cotton posted:

It looks a lot like a real parliament question time except with a lot of shouting and heckling which, of course, would not be tolerated in a civilized country.

Question Time in the Australian Parliament is basically a thrown beer bottle away from a pub fight at any given moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Question Time in the Australian Parliament is basically a thrown beer bottle away from a pub fight at any given moment.

Seems like it would be hard for MPs to sleep in all that ruckus :(

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Are Finns white?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-AMtiVDC34

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
all politics should be settled with rap battles from now on

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I'm not your oval office, mate.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

See, in Britain you'd have to say "The Right Honourable oval office".

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Geokinesis posted:

you know when you go down town with the lads and you all realize you’re hank marvin’ so you say “lads let’s go Maccers” but your mate Smithy a.k.a. The Bantersaurus Rex has some mula left on his nandos gift card and he’s like “mate let’s a have a cheeky nandos on me” and you go “Smithy my son you’re an absolute ledge” so you go have an extra cheeky nandos with a side order of Top Quality Banter

I live in England and I still don't understand the use of the word cheeky. The first time I heard it used was when I was being slightly too handsy on a date. Then I started hearing "Oh, let's go get a cheeky pint" or something. I haven't yet been to a Nandos and I'll be disappointed if when I do finally go, none of the waitstaff try to cop a feel.

To sum up, this is my life now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPY-sCiRCeA

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Josef bugman posted:

Areas that Britain has been at war with?

Close, countries whose land they have invaded at some point.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Skeesix posted:

I live in England and I still don't understand the use of the word cheeky.

You're retarded

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Memes are getting very strange.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Holy poo poo, it's the white version of the dozens which I now realize is like the missing link between English culture and Australian culture. Also, there's an actual position called "Shadow Chancellor"? Maybe if American politics was this interesting I'd pay attention to it for once.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FAROOQ posted:

You're retarded

Oi, don't be a twat to all spazzers, m8. Retard is a right rude word.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Holy poo poo, it's the white version of the dozens which I now realize is like the missing link between English culture and Australian culture. Also, there's an actual position called "Shadow Chancellor"? Maybe if American politics was this interesting I'd pay attention to it for once.

Its a lot less awesome than it sounds, mores the pity.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

Good guy oak furniture? MADE OF OAK; LASTS FOR YEARS
Douchebag oak furniture? MADE OF OAK: STUBS YOUR TOE
Confession oak furniture? MADE OF OAK; CAPABLE OF HOLDING YOUR PARENTS

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

http://pepegarden.co.uk/

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

I imagine someone saw this and thought "You know what? It's true and since me-mes are hip at the moment it could hook kids who recognize it."

AnxietyMan1488
Apr 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Just wait a few years, your eyes will start to go. You'll wake up, live, and go to bed seeing that.

Or: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

There's an entire shadow cabinet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Cabinet) and

Josef bugman posted:

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Close, countries whose land they have invaded at some point.

"Elevated from Savagery"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wheany posted:

So the British parliament is basically a rap battle?

The best part is they can say anything. Well, you have to follow the rules of parliamentary procedure, but libel laws do not apply. You can not be sued for anything you say. So you can totally say, "Is it true the honorable minister raped and killed a girl in '96?" and all the other side can do is boo stomp their feet.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Angela Christine posted:

The best part is they can say anything. Well, you have to follow the rules of parliamentary procedure, but libel laws do not apply. You can not be sued for anything you say. So you can totally say, "Is it true the honorable minister raped and killed a girl in '96?" and all the other side can do is boo stomp their feet.

To be fair, that's statistically likely.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TheCrushinator posted:

"Elevated from Savagery"

Invasion van meän like a couple dozen dudes landing and never seeing anyone.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Skeesix posted:

I live in England and I still don't understand the use of the word cheeky. The first time I heard it used was when I was being slightly too handsy on a date. Then I started hearing "Oh, let's go get a cheeky pint" or something. I haven't yet been to a Nandos and I'll be disappointed if when I do finally go, none of the waitstaff try to cop a feel.

Do you have a learning deficiency? It clearly means something you want to do but shouldn't be doing, for whatever reason.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

Metanaut posted:

I'm not your oval office, mate.

I'm not your mate, bro.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jon Zyetta posted:

I'm not your mate, bro.

I'm not your bro, oval office.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

I never forget?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Pepé

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jon Zyetta posted:

I'm not your mate, bro.

VendaGoat posted:

I'm not your bro, oval office.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Geokinesis posted:

you know when you go down town with the lads and you all realize you’re hank marvin’ so you say “lads let’s go Maccers” but your mate Smithy a.k.a. The Bantersaurus Rex has some mula left on his nandos gift card and he’s like “mate let’s a have a cheeky nandos on me” and you go “Smithy my son you’re an absolute ledge” so you go have an extra cheeky nandos with a side order of Top Quality Banter

you're the worst

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Holy poo poo, it's the white version of the dozens

"The Right Honorable Gentleman's mother is so old that her vibrator has just been declared a Historical National Monument."

"HUZZAH!"

"HARRUMPH!"

"Mr. Speaker, I would like it read into the record that the Prime Minister's mother is so old that her bonnet collection is still encrusted with Neville Chamberlain's semen."

"HUZZAH!"

"HARRUMPH!"

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Josef bugman posted:

Yeah, the Shadow Chancellor's an unofficial position in the opposition - his/her job is to criticise the chancellor's policies and coming up with alternatives, "shadowing" them by studying their policies closely, debating them in the commons and watching them closely outside it. Watching and waiting. From the halls and offices of the commons to the residence at 11 Downing Street to the seldom visited streets of his constituency, nowhere does the Chancellor go unwatched, unheard. He tires, seeing the world through the haze of meetings and debates and business lunches and endless, endless reams of paper. The last cup of coffee kicks in and becomes the one too many. It's late. He loosens his tie, ducks down the back stairs without a nod to the security detail, out the back door for a quick smoke in the dark. No-one can see him now, with his jacket off and patches of sweat stretching halfway down his sides, gut over his belt.

The Shadow Chancellor sees.

A fox howls in the distance, the last taxi of the evening swoops past. The birds awake early this morning. A new tie will be mounted over the fireplace in Labour Party HQ. A rug will be made from a new hide, one with a distinctive pattern - Marks and Spencers' two-piece, Autograph collection Spring 2013. 46 inch chest. Almost unmarked. The job was done well.

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Gesundheit.

• Locked thread