Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

You tore double rear end in a top hat a third rear end in a top hat. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
I have shocking news. Pied Piper is involved in the business of…Homicide.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Opportunities.. gently caress Gina?!

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

"Is this Windows Vista bad?" "Don't tell me it's Zune bad"

ahahahahahahaha

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

It's Zune bad.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
lmao at the loving guru being questioned by Gavin

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

So many great moments. Blaine seeing the SWOT analysis was my favorite. whew..

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
well i lost my poo poo at double rear end in a top hat colostomy bag reveal

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

text editor posted:

lmao at the loving guru being questioned by Gavin

"Am I just surrounded by sycophants and yes men?"

"...no?"

The focus group was infuriating, Blaine in front of the SWOT board was hilarious, ...such a great episode.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

It's Apple Maps bad.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Condor Cam! http://www.piedpiper.com/

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Probably the best sitcom on right now, Blaine walking in on the board was amazing. I am worried for Pied Piper though.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I could not stop laughing this episode. Holy gently caress. The best one so far I think.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
For some reason I thought Dinesh and Gilfoyle were back at the house when they were SWOT-ing, so the guy walking in was extra jarring

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Opportunities:

Ejaculation

Threats:

Guilt (Dinesh only)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

teagone posted:

I could not stop laughing this episode. Holy gently caress. The best one so far I think.

Not empty quoting

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

speshl guy posted:

Opportunities.. gently caress Gina?!

I started laughing when I read that, and then I laughed even more when he brought it up

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

EugeneJ posted:

For some reason I thought Dinesh and Gilfoyle were back at the house when they were SWOT-ing, so the guy walking in was extra jarring

Yeah, I went back and checked that again. The scene where is first occurs to them to SWOT it out was back at the house the night before. It kinda seems like the setup for them deciding to SWOT was reshot to fit edits to the timeline, or maybe there's a missing scene in there where Richard asked Gilfoyle and Dinesh to come with him to the Homocide visit and they're so consumed by the idea that they just end up in a conference room.

Also Veep weirdly made a colostomy bag joke tonight too.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

nooneofconsequence posted:

Opportunities:

Ejaculation

Threats:

Guilt (Dinesh only)

Opportunities:
Carbon footprint reduced by one Blaine

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

Opportunities:

Ejaculation

Threats:

Guilt (Dinesh only)

When Blaine discovers the board, I was cringing so hard. This was so awkward but in the best possible way. It made me laugh so hard, but at the same time I was squirming in my seat. The humor on this show is perfect.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

“You look like a ferret that gave up on himself six months ago." After that line, I knew this episode was going to own.

[edit] Scratch that. Gavin's shattering intros were a pretty great indicator too.

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 18, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Jared awkwardly trying to get the women to be besties just because they're women was absolute :cripes:

It reminded me of Cartman playing Cupid to get the only two black kids to date.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
is gif if anybody wondering. not real egg.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

is gif if anybody wondering. not real egg.

It's the middle of the night now, and the "live footage" is day time, so it's not hard to put together that it's a gif. Hilarious gif none the less. :P

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Legit annoyed the image is 1024x576 and not 4k though.

But yeah, fantastic episode. Great lines, great comedy beats, great arcs. Dinesh's "I'm not sure what to do here" and that whole b-plot were perfect.

I did only just realise this show is basically The Big Bang Theory if it was written by smart people who give their audience credit instead of being written by and for stupid people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VagueRant posted:

I did only just realise this show is basically The Big Bang Theory if it was written by smart people who give their audience credit instead of being written by and for stupid people.

loving thank you. I made this connection last week. My parents love the Big Bang Theory and I can't understand why, but I think that dumb show was written for them. I need to introduce them to Silicon Valley and see if they get it, but I doubt they will.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

I said come in! posted:

loving thank you. I made this connection last week. My parents love the Big Bang Theory and I can't understand why, but I think that dumb show was written for them. I need to introduce them to Silicon Valley and see if they get it, but I doubt they will.
Not a show for parents, no way.

This show is amazing in every way, but I'm not recommending it to anyone over 50.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Dinesh and Gilfoyle continue to be my favorite characters on this show.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Silicon Valley: a show about nerds for nerds and less-nerdy types to find funny.

BBT: a show about nerds for the people who beat up nerds at school to laugh at nerds because high school was the pinnacle of their life.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
EndFrame is a way better name. I really hope this doesn't end up with Richard and Gavin forming a temporary mutual-hatred alliance to deep-six these fuckers before they make them *both* look like idiots. Richard for giving up his secret sauce, and Gavin for being scooped by someone he didn't even know was on the game board.

I mean, seriously. Assume Pied Piper, Nucleus, and EndFrame are real things. Now imagine a frat boy wanting to compress video of their last keg party to distribute to all his brahs.

The reference: "I'll *zip* it for ya, brah!"

Now our main contestants:

"I'll *'pipe* it for ya, brah!"
"I'll *'nuke* it for ya, brah!"

And finally:

"I'll *'frame* it for ya, brah!"

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Nuke has potential.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Xoidanor posted:

Nuke has potential.

Somewhere, Tom Noonan just smiled.

See?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, BBT is still riding the train of "laugh AT these nerds" while SV is showing you the poo poo they actually deal with in a funny way.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Now our main contestants:

"I'll *'pipe* it for ya, brah!"
"I'll *'nuke* it for ya, brah!"

And finally:

"I'll *'frame* it for ya, brah!"

Piping a file to someone makes the most sense because it implies travel through the internets (via a series of tubes), while nuking a file is generally associated with destroying or disavowing it, and frame as a verb sounds like you're hanging pictures rather than sending them.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

You're all forgetting that RAR has been a mainstay for forever despite being really lovely to use as a verb.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So yeah, this was the best episode of the series next to the girl employee episode. They nailed so much comedic timing with so many well done jokes. Turning the SWOT into this season's tip-to-tip was half an eye roll but worth it for the entire payoff; now I just want more of that. I had to pause to laugh and rewind and watch a couple times over when Jared said, "I've booby trapped the house with corporate resources." Then just laughed for about a minute straight when Erlich laughs about ripping AA a third A. Definitely the most I've laughed in the entire series. I'm really glad to see the season 1 "trying hard to not be Big Bang and only sorta succeeding" burn away as season 2 makes the show more like Office Space. I just wish they didn't blow it so hard on Hanneman's existence. Lack of him in this episode is probably what made it so fantastic.

Now I actually look forward to new episodes instead of just treating it as a semi-competent time waster.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Somewhere, Tom Noonan just smiled.

See?

That creepy motherfucker needs to get more work. I saw that he's in that 12 Monkeys show, but I haven't got around to watching that yet.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
There's also the fact there is no audience laugh track. I can't stand shows with that. I don't need to be told when a joke happens.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Holyshoot posted:

There's also the fact there is no audience laugh track. I can't stand shows with that. I don't need to be told when a joke happens.

Thankfully, that seems to be rare outside of network TV now.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I actually hadn't noticed this show lacks laugh-tracks until someone mentioned it last week. I'm not quite sure what that implies but it sure implies something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Not a show for parents, no way.

This show is amazing in every way, but I'm not recommending it to anyone over 50.

My parents are 54 and love it. Get less lame parents.

• Locked thread