Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Gurms in motion don't write, Gurms at rest molest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

savinhill posted:

Gurms in motion don't write, Gurms at rest molest

Gurms in motion need lotion, Gurms at rest molest.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Out yet?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gurms in motion need lotion, Gurms at rest molest.

Gurm puts the lotion in the Hodor Basket

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Show tyrion talked about how big his cock was. Show sand snakes dropped their weapons when areo hotah yelled at them in an authoritative tone.

Sam had the fat pink mast. What was tyrion's shame boner described as, when Sansa turned him down?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Krinkle posted:

Show tyrion talked about how big his cock was. Show sand snakes dropped their weapons when areo hotah yelled at them in an authoritative tone.

Sam had the fat pink mast. What was tyrion's shame boner described as, when Sansa turned him down?

you best not be pulling my third leg about this

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

visceril posted:

you best not be pulling my third leg about this

I'm sorry if I phrased that inelegantly, I meant while tyrion was talking about his boner in the episode today he failed to call it anything that could be considered a callback. For example, fat pink mast would have (subjunctive tense) been that, if tyrion had said that, and it were not referring to sam's boner and not tyrion's boner. What was tyrions boner canonically described as, so I know exactly what was not called back tonight?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krinkle posted:

I belive the words "ugly", "vieny", and "purple" made appearances in that Tyrion description.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
the show is boring

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

With all the plot changes it is still nice to see the show keep the spirit of the books becoming boring and terrible.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Yeah, Silicon Valley was pretty solid and cringeworthy tonight at least. And I guess that was the controversial Sansa scene everyone has been talking about. Poor Reek.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

the show is boring

Yeah, I guess it goes to show those spoiler people are wrong because now that I don't know what big twist or event is coming up in the 9th episode its all just painfully dull and slow paced. Just waiting for something to happen like maybe that Miranda chick going nuts on Sansa and then every one of those scenes ends with literally nothing have happened.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Danny starts uncontrollably making GBS threads all over, passes out, fade to black. Series finale. Episode 10 is found footage of GURM in his lair.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What if next season they just release 3 episodes of all the Bran/Iron Island stuff they skipped and follow it up with 7 episodes of hour long darkness and silence? You know, really stick to the source material.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Book Littlefinger: "Clean hands, Sansa. Whatever you do, make certain your hands are clean"

Show Littlefinger: "here you go, Roose, here's sansa stark. lets do treasons against the crown together." "hey cersei I heard sansa stark is in the north and roose bolton is doing treasons haha isn't that weird"

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I didn't think they were gonna toss ol Marge into the hands of the Sparrows. That was actually surprising for the show. Really wonder how they're going to turn that around into the walk in 4 episodes. God it is seriously so bad.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Krinkle posted:

Book Littlefinger: "Clean hands, Sansa. Whatever you do, make certain your hands are clean"

Show Littlefinger: "here you go, Roose, here's sansa stark. lets do treasons against the crown together." "hey cersei I heard sansa stark is in the north and roose bolton is doing treasons haha isn't that weird"

I seriously hope Littlefinger eats poo poo this season. I know it won't happen because the show is bad, but I can still hope.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

mind the walrus posted:

And what's the deal with losers trying to poo poo up the Bad Thread?

False Flag operation to get mods in this thread

TK-42-1 posted:

It's autism.youtube and it's a beautiful thing to watch.

20 years from now, that "autism" has replaced" nerd" , there are going to be hot girls acting autistic and people going " I was autistic before it was cool "

Ague Proof posted:

"Now there's definitely sexual tension between Ned and Cersei in the book".

I don't think its possible to misread a scene more than this. Ned: Disgust Cersei: Manipulation

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm happy waiting for the next asoiaf book without thinking about his genitals like the rest of the normal people.

So would we, but when you keep checking back, wondering if that book has come out yet, and instead have to read about his poo poo dick, well...

syscall girl posted:

Jamie's hand was actually useful this season. So that was nice.

Yeah I laughed - that scene was well acted

CharlestheHammer posted:

Though the answer to that is to show the Hound getting over his fear of fire.

He didn't though, did he? He freaked the gently caress out when his shield caught.

empty sea posted:

Stannis now and forever. I want him to sit on that throne and tell the world to eat his rear end. Stannis would fight all three dragons bare-handed and not give a poo poo. You know full well Stannis would love to kill his way through an ice zombie horde. I loving love this guy.

This season sucks, but only because we're not getting more of Stannis loving poo poo up, then going back to being adorably sweet with his daughter.

I like him way more in the show, than in the book. In the book its clear he is too brittle, in the show, I don't know. That warmth came through really well.

Iron Lung posted:

And I guess that was the controversial Sansa scene everyone has been talking about. Poor Reek.

completely underwhelmed.

Iron Lung posted:

I didn't think they were gonna toss ol Marge into the hands of the Sparrows. That was actually surprising for the show. Really wonder how they're going to turn that around into the walk in 4 episodes. God it is seriously so bad.

Is Marge free in the books? I thought she was still captive for some reason...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

kcroy posted:

Is Marge free in the books? I thought she was still captive for some reason...

She still faces trial but she's free because Mace promised to bring her to the trial. (but really because the Tyrells have an army nearby)

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
Does anyone still believe the show is trimming the fat from the books? Most of the scenes in this episode involve extra characters made up for the show and they raped Sansa. The only good thing about her story in AFFC is that she doesn't get raped.

These aren't the editors Gurm needs, they're the ones he deserves.

Regulus74 fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 18, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Her chapters in AFFC are good, and so is the winds one on grrm's site.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Nice so instead of having a strong Sansa who's a player he's got the oh so novel role of rape victim now, yeah the show writers aren't really better than The American Tolkien.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I do love how everyone who claimed that the show is going to do some superior re-telling of the books got to eat poo poo. The show is worse. There is no relief or respite from the wait. Only Gurm.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Absolutely no one was arguing that the added scenes were better, just that they cut a lot of the BS from others.

And yeah, underwhelming. Hey, look over here under threat of torture, even though this is already torturous. Oh.

But you see, now Victim Sansa can truly become Player Sansa because reasons. Ffs, I thought at least the theory going around that Theon would be forced to do more at least made sense and would be more of a visceral scene for showbabbies, but here we are.

Jamie stuff continues to be okay, surprisingly.

E: I seriously cannot get over how dumb Showfinger is. Heh, I'll bring her all this way just to sell her off (and he had to know what would happen to Sansa) and triple cross all these morons to be, uh, warden of the north. And I'll tell all of them about it. Even if that's not his endgame, what in the gently caress.

Double E: Like I get the basic screenwriting parallels of oh look Arya is trying not to be Arya and Sansa is proclaiming to be Sansa and everything, which is nice, but that's in the books already.

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 18, 2015

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
It might be poo poo but it will not be endless poo poo squatting in the grass.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

She still faces trial but she's free because Mace promised to bring her to the trial. (but really because the Tyrells have an army nearby)

Close. Randyll Tarly (that dude does all the dirty work) arrived with his force and pledged that he would return her for a trial. The implication was that if the High Septon didn't, Randyll would just tell his already inside-the-city army "Save our queen! Purge these heretics!"

Couple that with the faith's strength having been already sent out of the city, and the High Sparrow was in no position to turn down this offer. Midge probably being innocent helped soothe his conscience.

Mace, as always, showed up later.

DarkCrawler posted:

I do love how everyone who claimed that the show is going to do some superior re-telling of the books got to eat poo poo. The show is worse. There is no relief or respite from the wait. Only Gurm.

I was honestly expecting them to one up the book for the wedding night scene, considering the, uh, hype. All things considered, I'm happier they didn't.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

The show is pretty bad now I can't really see any bright side to it. Back to waiting for the books/heat death of the universe whichever comes first.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Krinkle posted:

The show is pretty bad now I can't really see any bright side to it. Back to waiting for the books/heat death of the universe whichever comes first.

Well, Brandon Sanderson is pretty good at writing books so .....

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SaviourX posted:

Jamie stuff continues to be okay, surprisingly.

yeah its fun. Hateo ( sp? ) with that slow rear end staff move was dumb though. took like a week to connect with his neck. I wanted to see Jaime catch it between his gold mecha-fingers and throw that smug smile. ngga plz u slow old man.

SaviourX posted:

Double E: Like I get the basic screenwriting parallels of oh look Arya is trying not to be Arya and Sansa is proclaiming to be Sansa and everything, which is nice, but that's in the books already.

never even thought of that. is that how you read books? do you notice parallels and foreshadowing and symbols at a conscious level? serious question there. for its just all i dunno absorbed at some level.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cardiac posted:

Well, Brandon Sanderson is pretty good at writing books so .....

I think he would melt down ( yuk yuk ) at the Wall, and other areas where GRRM take creative liberties.. but where Sanderson needs a goddamn rigid set of rules. Gonna make the ole "he attacked with his +1 Vorpal Sword" comment here, but I really think that what sanderson does well, is not what grrm does well, and the shift would be too jarring.

I also dread him writing any of the female characters - his females seem like "young adult" levels of sophistication to me. just sayan.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

cool thanks - so the way the show does it, Marge can still be imprisoned OR released and have Cersei do the walk end of season. I mean they could even release lancel and marge and grab cersei.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Sanderson couldn't finish this poo poo because the gurm has no clue how his own world works, so how should BranSan be able to figure that out? I'd prefer it if he stayed away from this filth and keeps writing good books instead.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

I thought this but I was wrong. I miss Gurm.

Basileus777
Jun 13, 2013

Regulus74 posted:

Does anyone still believe the show is trimming the fat from the books? Most of the scenes in this episode involve extra characters made up for the show and they raped Sansa. The only good thing about her story in AFFC is that she doesn't get raped.

These aren't the editors Gurm needs, they're the ones he deserves.

They are trimming the fat, they've turned ~750k words into 10 episodes. It's just that the way they are merging storylines is full of its own poor writing. And acting/directing/editing when it comes to the Dorne poo poo.

Tahirovic posted:

Sanderson couldn't finish this poo poo because the gurm has no clue how his own world works, so how should BranSan be able to figure that out? I'd prefer it if he stayed away from this filth and keeps writing good books instead.
Well it would never be Sanderson anyway, but Daniel Abraham. And even he is probably too successful with his sci-fi stuff now to bother.

Basileus777 fucked around with this message at 12:37 on May 18, 2015

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Sad we didn't get to see the FPM last night.

I'll reserve judgment on Dorne and the rest of the show until I watch this episode later today. My general opinion right now is that the show lives and dies on its actors. a lot of the talent, because of poo poo that gurm wrote, is off doing nothing or b-plots. Jaime and Bronn have great chemistry and are really entertaining to watch. Hopefully, their talent and charisma will elevate the not-as-good actors in Dorne and make them better, like how Ned, Tywin, and Tyrion automatically give anyone they're in a scene with a boost.

Tyrion needs to get to Dany ASAP. She is terrible. And holy poo poo what is going on with Grewy Worm and Missandei. WTF is this poo poo I am still mad about Barristan. It's like they have the quota that Walking Dead used to have except instead of black people it's people that aren't poo poo.

We needed more Mannis/Jon scenes in the same vein to get him to loving act and stop being so boring and wooden. Funny how the notoriously stiff and brittle guy comes off as way warmer and charismatic.

Too much of the show's plot is relying on B-listers and C-listers to get the job done and it shows.

IMO On the one hand the gross rape was in the books (on Jeyne Poole) and since Sansa absorbed her role she absorbed that scene too. On the other hand, rape wasn't yet in Ramsay's on-screen bag of tricks, so he could've continued his Nice Guy act, she does some small thing he doesn't like in the morning, and has Reek hold her down while he flays a finger or something.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Show is bad

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That rape scene was pretty easy going for a rape scene. 5/10. Would not jerk it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
$10 on episode 9 being either Tyrells v. Sparrows to save Mags, or some cocked up bullshit like the Unsullied v. all of Meereen so Dany can gently caress off on her magic diarrhea adventures.

Or they're going full pants-crappingly stupid and it'll be Stannis v. Boltons and Brienne kills Stan.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Episode 9 is Daznak's pit I think, Jorah will be fighting as a slave while strangely Tyrion is seated on the dais next to Dany, so by the end of the season we're getting the show equivalent of Dany making GBS threads in the tall grass which because they're jerks who hate everything that's fun about the novels will just be Dany with dirt on her face looking sullen when some Dothraki show up and the credits roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
Episode ten will be a close up of GRRM's bulbous rear end as he farts the theme song to the show. For an hour straight.

Then he wipes his rear end with a copy of Winds of Winter and the show is over.