Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

It's 1 am and it just occurred to me that we are playing the Witcher 3 in like 14 hours.

I'm still not done with Witcher 2. I'll have to wait an extra day, I suppose.

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I'll just skip all the eloquent bits of Witcher 2 and set up major decisions with that interrogator. One day, I may actually finish it and import a proper save.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Going to watch Mad Max, get a little tipsy, and play this all night.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 18, 2015

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is plough a direct translation from a Polish word for gently caress, or something else?

In the books, Sapkowski is very fond of the word "chędożyć". It's really archaic Polish for loving. "Plough" is a decent substitute, though it doesn't have that funky Polish ring to it.

The characters also say "gently caress" but that represents a different Polish word. The Polish word commonly used like the English "gently caress" is "kurwa", which literally means whore. Hence you get things like whoreson, which is a very common Polish insult (skurwysyn).

If you think Russians like to swear, you haven't lived in Poland.

Zeppelin Insanity fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 18, 2015

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006
GeForce Game Ready Driver for The Witcher 3

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/85087/en-uk

Should be updated worldwide any minute.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

CottonWolf posted:

You mean the Anything -> Triss path?

Yeah, pretty much. Although I think W2 is far more neutral than W1 was. You are never fully involved unless you really want to be.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

In the books, Sapkowski is very fond of the word "chędożyć". It's really archaic Polish for loving.
Ah, so they translated it as another somewhat archaic word. That's the way to do it, if you ask me.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

As an English man, I am not getting the confusion over the word Plough. It's used here to refer to sex an awful lot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's not really archaic in America either. It's not common but people would know what you meant if you said it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's not really archaic in America either. It's not common but people would know what you meant if you said it.

The mistake you are making is thinking a goon is a person.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
http://www.twitch.tv/dansgaming

PC stream here.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
Is it releasing at 7pm in God's timezone like this countdown says? http://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/20150519120000am/w4410/0/The_Witcher_3%3AWild_Hunt_Coming_Out_In

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

There's a big countdown on https://www.gog.com that matches your link.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
What a coincidence I will not be going to work tomorrow so I can be an adult and play my fantasy sword stabby monster game. Excellent. :dance:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Note he's playing on a 780 according to his PC specs in his affiliate links.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Kinda wish GOG had a preloading thing like Steam does, although I guess they couldn't do that without dropping their whole no-DRM deal. I would have picked it up on Steam, but I have both of the old games on GOG so I get the full 20% discount. Hopefully the game won't be one of those monstrosities with a huge file size.

What I'm saying is that I'm way more excited to play this swords and boobs game than an adult should be :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

Kinda wish GOG had a preloading thing like Steam does, although I guess they couldn't do that without dropping their whole no-DRM deal. I would have picked it up on Steam, but I have both of the old games on GOG so I get the full 20% discount. Hopefully the game won't be one of those monstrosities with a huge file size.

What I'm saying is that I'm way more excited to play this swords and boobs game than an adult should be :v:

https://www.gog.com/news/preload_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_now

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

You can never be too excited to play a pair of breasts that wield a sword.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Note he's playing on a 780 according to his PC specs in his affiliate links.

Dan isn't streaming yet? He's hosting someone playing Witcher 2.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Arthil posted:

Dan isn't streaming yet? He's hosting someone playing Witcher 2.

He stopped a few minutes after I posted. Ended right before turning in the Wyvern quest.

Here's some past broadcasts: http://www.twitch.tv/dansgaming/profile/past_broadcasts

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

I shipped a game with a cloth map.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Oh cool, I tried to preload it earlier and it gave me an install error which I thought was because the game wasn't out yet but now turns out was just because GOG tried to install to my SSD which didn't have enough disk space.

the elf blade tits game is now installing god bless america and poland

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

One of my friends in Greece just got a call that his pre-order got cancelled by the distributor who apparently doesn't have enough copies for small shops :( He even called the shop two weeks ago and they assured him they'd have his because he was the first to pre-order.

I feel really bad for him :(

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Gobblecoque posted:

Kinda wish GOG had a preloading thing like Steam does, although I guess they couldn't do that without dropping their whole no-DRM deal.
Pre-loads can be done without DRM or encryption, you just leave important but small files out of the download.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Edit: Was originally an incredibly minor spoiler post here, but removed it.

http://www.twitch.tv/nukemdukem is streaming

Fatty fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 18, 2015

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Just gonna listen to gangster rap at max volume all day until it is time for Witching. I don't have time for work I have Gwent to play.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Look at those downgraded graphics on the map, for shame!

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Stop teasing me with material goods when all I really want is another couple of megabytes so I can play Escapism - The Game until I finally recover from surgery and get to go back to work. I have a feeling that the game might not help in that regard. Also, that's a nice looking map.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Poor Obama never got the chance to enjoy his copy of Witcher 2 before the third game was released. :(

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Terper posted:

Poor Obama never got the chance to enjoy his copy of Witcher 2 before the third game was released. :(

He'll be retiring soon, I'm sure his first couple months off the job will be a Witcher 2 & 3 marathon play. Maybe he'll stream it on Twitch?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Well, for you addicts, the Witcher 3 pc stream is starting again on http://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 18, 2015

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Toplowtech posted:

Well, for you addicts, the Witcher 3 pc stream is starting again on http://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

All I am seeing is a overly long intro and a bearded guy saying hi to the twitch chat which is going way too fast for human eyes for the last 5 minutes. Is this what a normal twitch stream is like?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

these streams are pretty much unbearable, I'll just hold off 11 hours and play the game without having to look at some little dude in the corner giving shoutouts to weird internet people for subscribing to his video.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I've come to accept that I never want to play Witcher 2 again. Good bye! Good bye!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Samael posted:

All I am seeing is a overly long intro and a bearded guy saying hi to the twitch chat which is going way too fast for human eyes for the last 5 minutes. Is this what a normal twitch stream is like?
Yes, for popular channels. And you are lucky, he is removing his subscription announcement message so it doesn't distract for the game.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Archimago posted:

Try this:

I don't imagine you would need to reinstall the game.

I'd forgotten to back up 100% of my Steam folder before I upgraded my computer a couple of months ago, reinstalling the game and starting it up has restored all of my own saves to me, now I just need to figure out which one is the one I want.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

I've come to accept that I never want to play Witcher 2 again. Good bye! Good bye!

I was on Insane. Got all the way to Loc Muinne. Died within 10 minutes.
gently caress this game forever.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Anyone else got the game early (PS4) Can you download the day 1 patch? I don't know if my internet is crapping the bed or if the patch isn't up yet.

edit: works now.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 18, 2015

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

So Galaxy (I purchased through gog, galaxy is their new "BRING IT ON STEAM!" client) is telling me that the game unlocks in 2 hours, but the store is telling me it unlocks in 10.
Do I stay up late enough to find out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Schlesische posted:

So Galaxy (I purchased through gog, galaxy is their new "BRING IT ON STEAM!" client) is telling me that the game unlocks in 2 hours, but the store is telling me it unlocks in 10.
Do I stay up late enough to find out?

Yes. Yes you do.