Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

EDIT: Earlier I mentioned crashing while playing Gwent on PS4. I recreated the crash. It seems to happen consistently (in the tutorial match, at least) if you tap the triangle button instead of holding it down to pass your turn.

This is actually super useful. I'm 99% sure we already fixed this in a patch, but I'll make sure it's in the database.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Burgo posted:

Roche and ves in the trailer, oh yes.

Roche is in blue, I assume that's from giving Anais to Natalis. Or maybe it didn't matter and he went back to wearing blue anyways. Hard to guess.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I tried witcher 2 this weekend for the 3rd time, and got past that captain guy on the top of the tower in the prologue. I'm now in the forest outside flotsam, and guys! it's actually a pretty good game! It did CTD on me once so far for no reason, but apart from that it's going fine. The combat is good, the mechanics seems deep, the plot seems decent, and people sing songs about loving your mom, and someone even said oval office. This is weird and amazing. It's also super pretty. My friend told me about the gog discount if you already own witcher 1/2, and I was able to add witcher 2, it didn't like the amazon version key I have of witcher 1. So yeah I just bought witcher 3 :)

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

This game looks loving incredible oh my gosh. Even Thaler looks good

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Lord Lambeth posted:

This game looks loving incredible oh my gosh. Even Thaler looks good

Thaler hype

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Voxx posted:

Thaler hype

Thaler's in it? I must resist watching that trailer. Only 6 hours to go...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Entitlement! Bootstraps! Welfare queens! Dude, I think it's more that people would like it of the lovely decisions console makers made didn't impact what they got on the PC.

But no, that's a good looking game

If you're buying Witcher 3 on PC, you'll most likely be able to enable the 2013 graphics with a .ini file. Yeah, the downgrade sucks but it's not because of consoles. It makes no sense to have these settings when hardly anyone on PC is going to be able to enable them. It requires all sorts of testing and quality control to enable what was shown in 2013 across the entire game.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Can I get the GOG discount if I gifted Witcher 1 and 2 to someone else through GOG, but don't have the games on my own GOG account?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Another thing that bothers me is that CD project can't just own up to this and actually seemed to try deflect the criticism (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!). The graphics not turning out as good as they looked in a trailer two years ago is one thing and completely understandable, but they had to know for a while they wouldn't quite match that kind of quality and should have acknowledged it. It's like Bioware swearing Mass Effect 3 wouldn't get a lovely pick your ending button even a day before launch when that's exactly what they shipped.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

I said come in! posted:

If you're buying Witcher 3 on PC, you'll most likely be able to enable the 2013 graphics with a .ini file. Yeah, the downgrade sucks but it's not because of consoles. It makes no sense to have these settings when hardly anyone on PC is going to be able to enable them. It requires all sorts of testing and quality control to enable what was shown in 2013 across the entire game.

People are already posting tweaks. Here's a shot of the same area on PC. NPC count is much higher than the PS4 pic everyone keeps posting

You can mess with the color correction and sharpen filters too if you want to get that E3 2013 look

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
this is why you shouldn't have closed the old thread, old OP

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Why'd they decide to crank the saturation up so far? Eeesh.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

3/10. Needs more people throwing poo poo and piss out of the windows. Not authentic enough.

(It's really good looking, holy cow. The draw distance on the people is rad)

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Avalerion posted:

Another thing that bothers me is that CD project can't just own up to this and actually seemed to try deflect the criticism (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!). The graphics not turning out as good as they looked in a trailer two years ago is one thing and completely understandable, but they had to know for a while they wouldn't quite match that kind of quality and should have acknowledged it. It's like Bioware swearing Mass Effect 3 wouldn't get a lovely pick your ending button even a day before launch when that's exactly what they shipped.

It's actually nothing like that and you're an idiot, hth.

~5 more hours :f5:

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Spikeguy posted:

New trailer just came out on Witcher youtube page. Lots of cameos from past games in this one. And holy poo poo the facial expressions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBoCRYX6Vq0
Does anyone know the name of the song by any chance? I really like the atmosphere it creates for the trailer.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Avalerion posted:

Yup, it'd have been simple for them to just say that they couldn't get the game to look as good as the 2013 "in-game" shots.
Instead, they've ended up looking like Ubisoft with Watchdogs.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Badly Jester posted:

Does anyone know the name of the song by any chance? I really like the atmosphere it creates for the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaH4W1rY9us

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Want Dragonslayer lady woman lady.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Autonomous Monster posted:

See, that's what I'm thinking, do these peasants regularly maintain those wooden beams with a good varnish?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

THE GAME IS NOT "OUT NOW" WHY DO YOU KEEP LYING TO US COMTE

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Shakugan posted:

Can I get the GOG discount if I gifted Witcher 1 and 2 to someone else through GOG, but don't have the games on my own GOG account?

No. You have to have it in your account for your account to apply the discount.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I can't wait for the plethora of lovely ENBs that'll be out a month from now that will turn everything blue and replicate Battlefield's purple camera flares n' poo poo. DARK GRITTY GRPHX.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

I can only imagine that Ben Howard was a downgrade from the previous version featuring Ben Harper.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Naky posted:

I can't wait for the plethora of lovely ENBs that'll be out a month from now that will turn everything blue and replicate Battlefield's purple camera flares n' poo poo. DARK GRITTY GRPHX.

I think all of these will suck for awhile, since the weather system in witcher 3 makes the colors vary quite a bit. Best changes might be small tweaks.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Naky posted:

thebandbeforetime
May 26, 2010
I just want to make sure I'm on the right page here... People are melting down about the graphics of a video game not being as good as they wanted? That is the extent of all this outrage?

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
No

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

shrike82 posted:

Yup, it'd have been simple for them to just say that they couldn't get the game to look as good as the 2013 "in-game" shots.
Instead, they've ended up looking like Ubisoft with Watchdogs.

Do you really think that everything will go away if they just said something? That a different a different set of people would not be complaining anyway about the graphix they could have got if not for the filthy consoles?

It was not a good situation either way.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

thebandbeforetime posted:

I just want to make sure I'm on the right page here... People are melting down about the graphics of a video game not being as good as they wanted? That is the extent of all this outrage?

They changed the color correction and turned the sharpen filter down, something about killing children with cancer.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
At this point the outrage is coming from only a couple of people but nobody can stop loving responding to them.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

Do you really think that everything will go away if they just said something? That a different a different set of people would not be complaining anyway about the graphix they could have got if not for the filthy consoles?

It was not a good situation either way.

If they say anything, people'll mob them even worse. This is the internet and we live in a world of incredibly entitled people who are disinhibited to the consequences of their actions. Silence and just letting it go away is the best course of action. It -will- go away, too. By this time next month, people'll have forgotten.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

thebandbeforetime posted:

No, it's an incredibly important issue. It's about business ethics and children suffering from leukemia who lose their will to live because of game developers overpromising and underdelivering. It's also about whether we want the forum to be a base of operations for freethinking rebels or abandon it to corporate shills. Choose your side.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

poptart_fairy posted:

At this point the outrage is coming from only a couple of people but nobody can stop loving responding to them.

This exactly.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Badly Jester posted:

No, it's an incredibly important issue. It's about business ethics and children suffering from leukemia who lose their will to live because of game developers overpromising and underdelivering. It's also about whether we want the forum to be a base of freethinking rebels or abandaon it to corporate shills. Choose your side.

No, it's about Geralt not having a 4K cock.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Autonomous Monster posted:

Because the more sharpened and saturated an image is the higher the quality. Duh.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

poptart_fairy posted:

There are only a couple of hours left until they're completely drowned out by posts from people actually playing the game and having fun, so might as well have some fun with them.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
I can't wait for everybody to finally shut the gently caress up about the graphics. Like, holy poo poo.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Voxx posted:

Thaler hype

Holy poo poo Thaler my fav Witcher 1 character? :swoon:

thebandbeforetime
May 26, 2010

Badly Jester posted:

No, it's an incredibly important issue. It's about business ethics and children suffering from leukemia who lose their will to live because of game developers overpromising and underdelivering. It's also about whether we want the forum to be a base of operations for freethinking rebels or abandon it to corporate shills. Choose your side.

I feel like my life would be way more exciting if I could conflate such disparate issues into one vast conspiracy. Anyway, I pre-ordered this game last week and now I'm pleasantly surprised that I'll be able to play it when I get home from work today, yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Yikes, a lot of reports about the game hardlocking the consoles.
Playing the in-game card game seems to be a consistent culprit.

Looking forward to seeing floods of bug reports here tomorrow.