Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hahahahaha they sent us the wrong WAP clips for the ceiling grid AGAIN. loving morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hahahahaha they sent us the wrong WAP clips for the ceiling grid AGAIN. loving morons.

Hahaha oh man what a bunch of buffoons! They sure do have egg on their face after this one!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I hate how my dad gets in a hurry and fucks poo poo up. My negative battery cable on the 240sx got corroded. He had a spare negative terminal at the house, but in trying to drill out some holes to get the OEM cable to fit over the lug he hosed the cable. Now I'm shopping for a whole new cable as I can't seem to find the box on the end of the cable.

^This is what we were trying to accomplish.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That's a loving garbage aftermarket terminal and you shouldn't be using that kind anyways. They're good for one thing, causing your future self to wonder why the hell your car won't start properly because they get jam packed with corrosion around the wire and/or loosen up.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
It is criminal that Mad Max is as good as it is, but it's still getting smeared in the box office by frickin' PITCH PERFECT 2.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You guys have me dying to see Mad Max :saddowns:

I've been working 58hrs/week and taking an advanced probability and statistics class so I've been crazy busy. I don't remember if I mentioned that I got the internship at Dassault that I wanted to get that's in the SysAdmin tract of my degree, and I'm hoping to be able to transfer to their Dev internship after November so I have on the job experience in programming as well as computer janitoring

I'm getting spoiled here, though. It makes me really dislike my Retail job, mostly because I start at 8a every day, leave for class at noon, come back and am done by 4p, then go to my retail job and work 5-9 or 6p-2a

Soon we'll have money to buy a house, I'm hoping it's the one I posted about before with the huge parking lot and barn, but there are some other possibilities that could work out too

Oh, and Rascal has tripled in size since we got him, going from 7lbs to 21lbs

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sup, Rascal

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

kastein posted:

That's a loving garbage aftermarket terminal and you shouldn't be using that kind anyways. They're good for one thing, causing your future self to wonder why the hell your car won't start properly because they get jam packed with corrosion around the wire and/or loosen up.

Not my pic, you got suggestions of battery terminals you prefer?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Welp, only 2 hours into monday and I've already hosed up two parts. I love it when I misread a print and instead of having lots of wiggle room for weld depth, I only have .060". Blew right through into the ID of the part. I had two loaded instead of doing them one at a time because ~~~~***these parts are hot omg we need them now what's taking so long***~~~~

Hopefully after I weld a few test shots and get this poo poo worked out I won't gently caress up the next two. I should have called in sick today, gently caress.

E: what a fantastic start to my no booze month. Really swell.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
If anyone lives near or finds themselves close to Charlottesville, VA (looking at you, Terrible Robot) you have to hike Humpback Rock. It was an incredible view and the hike up isn't technical but has some fun rock steps. It's also on Skyline Drive / Blue Ridge Parkway!

Skyline Drive:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

kastein posted:

You forgot about their tendency to never get properly tight, until you've got the through-bolt digging into the lead to the point where you can't get a wrench on it anymore. I've also seen a bunch of them split.

I wish the stamped steel marine terminals that came factory on most Japanese cars were readily available at parts stores, I've never had a problem with those.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Coredump posted:

I hate how my dad gets in a hurry and fucks poo poo up. My negative battery cable on the 240sx got corroded. He had a spare negative terminal at the house, but in trying to drill out some holes to get the OEM cable to fit over the lug he hosed the cable. Now I'm shopping for a whole new cable as I can't seem to find the box on the end of the cable.

^This is what we were trying to accomplish.

I know a guy with a bitchin 300zx that can help you with your negative battery terminal problem. :classiclol:

In puppy chat my pit mix loves the new kitten

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

Motherfucker. At some point in the last few months, the circuit to the Midget's fuel pump was broken. The headlights also seem to be affected.

Well I figured out the fuel pump at least. There's a quick-disconnect point under the right-hand side of the dash, just before all the rear-end wires get bundled up and routed to the back. While re-installing the windshield, I must have disconnected that wire. Fucker fired right up once I got that sorted.

When I get home tonight I'll have to poke around and see if there's another disconnected wire under there for the headlights.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
My new catchphrase is I DON'T GIVE A FUCKKK

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Lightbulb Out posted:

Hahaha oh man what a bunch of buffoons! They sure do have egg on their face after this one!

hahahaha

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

If anyone lives near or finds themselves close to Charlottesville, VA (looking at you, Terrible Robot) you have to hike Humpback Rock. It was an incredible view and the hike up isn't technical but has some fun rock steps. It's also on Skyline Drive / Blue Ridge Parkway!

Skyline Drive:

I haven't hiked up there in probably 10 years, but it is a stunning place. When I was up there a C-130 flew over at maybe 100ft, got to watch it come up from the valley to clear the ridge. It was :black101: as gently caress.

Also, my daily commute has views nearly that good, because I drive up the mountain where skyline drive/blue ridge parkway is every day. :smug:

I wish I hadn't had to work this weekend, we could have grabbed some beers at one of the many local breweries.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 18, 2015

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

SouthsideSaint posted:

I know a guy with a bitchin 300zx that can help you with your negative battery terminal problem.

Ummmm huh?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Terrible Robot posted:

I wish I hadn't had to work this weekend, we could have grabbed some beers at one of the many local breweries.

I was actually on a first date (yes I took a first date to the top of a mountain, yes she knew what she was getting into.)

She was boring but the experience was incredible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yikes. I just hopped on Facebook to check for a message and saw work had received a few. I answered one and this dude started rapid firing them back, I could barely keep up. 27 messages sent in the last 9 minutes. That'll teach me to do work from home.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Coredump posted:

Ummmm huh?

I was making a joke about this guy

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683154

That thread is a good read if you need to kill time and brain cells.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I had completely forgotten that action movies can, in fact, be 90% action interspersed with a couple of slow parts instead of the opposite way around. No bullshit romance triangle or anything.

In that regard, it's very similar to John Wick. The story is there in the background and details, no audience insert to explain things every five minutes, and no forced romance side plot.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

SouthsideSaint posted:

I was making a joke about this guy

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683154

That thread is a good read if you need to kill time and brain cells.

Yeesssss. I'm diving into this thread.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Phone posted:

My new catchphrase is I DON'T GIVE A FUCKKK

First thing that popped into my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqZl3VqoM4

Though not quite the same

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Coredump posted:

Yeesssss. I'm diving into this thread.

Doon't.
e: not drink.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 18, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Well that was quick. Got a $1100 payout for the damage done too my car. How exactly does this work? Do I have to repair what they damaged and send in receipts and all that or is the money mine to do with as I please? I want to replace the driver's side door but I can live with the damage to the fender for now if it means I can get a much needed front bumper instead...

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
You can do whatever you want with it. You can even save it.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
If they paid you and not a shop, it is yours to deal with as you see fit.

E: f,b.

BraveUlysses posted:

You can do whatever you want with it. You can even save it.

Woah, woah woah! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here! This is not the land of fiscal sanity.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Just realize it will come up again if you ever have an accident involving the same panels, and have not fixed the existing damage.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
That's a lotta pills and blow dude. Don't waste it on your vehicle. That would be A Bad Idea.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Nah my baby needs some much needed attention. Still need to order new springs too. Gonna call around and get some estimates.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ssjonizuka posted:

If they paid you and not a shop, it is yours to deal with as you see fit.

E: f,b.

Woah, woah woah! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here! This is not the land of fiscal sanity.

Yeah, well if you recall he posted a couple weeks ago about blowing all his rent money right before it was due

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Anyone buying anything big from rockauto coming up?

They wont refund my money, they can only send another replacement part but the problem is that this will be my third part because the first two were defective. Or they can give me store credit but $660 is a lot and I dont need anything right now.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Cage posted:

Anyone buying anything big from rockauto coming up?

They wont refund my money, they can only send another replacement part but the problem is that this will be my third part because the first two were defective. Or they can give me store credit but $660 is a lot and I dont need anything right now.

I've got a $500 cart waiting for me to nut up and pull the trigger, and there's a few other bits I could add to use the whole thing. Are their credits transferrable though?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tommychu posted:

I've got a $500 cart waiting for me to nut up and pull the trigger, and there's a few other bits I could add to use the whole thing. Are their credits transferrable though?

he could just order it for you and sent it to your address

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Beach Bum posted:

1987 Toyota Corolla FX-16 with just under 109,000 miles.
5 speed
No rust
Almost entirely stock

That thing is absolutely beautiful and I am jealous as all hell. Enjoy it!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hahaha searched Google for "55 gallon fuel drum", and it's all "keep your powder dry" survivalist websites and poo poo.

RaHoWa is coming, brother... Or some nerds want to bring their own fuel to a chump car race.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Phone posted:

Hahaha searched Google for "55 gallon fuel drum", and it's all "keep your powder dry" survivalist websites and poo poo.

RaHoWa is coming, brother... Or some nerds want to bring their own fuel to a chump car race.

Survivalists would be way more entertaining if they eventually sold off the stuff they hoarded at steep discounts. I guess that's why estate sales exist.

FS: 16x partially buried 55-gallon oil drums filled with spoiled McNuggets. $1500 obo, bring your own shovel

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Tommychu posted:

I think we would have to do paypal/money order and Ill just buy it myself and have it shipped to you. Let me know if you want to do this, I'd have to take my exhaust off and ship it back still, but that should only take a few days as their warehouse is only one state over.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Survivalists would be way more entertaining if they eventually sold off the stuff they hoarded at steep discounts. I guess that's why estate sales exist.

FS: 16x partially buried 55-gallon oil drums filled with spoiled McNuggets. $1500 obo, bring your own shovel

I get 55 gallon drums for ten bucks a pop at my local steel supply and scrap dropoff yard. Actually need to pick up another to make a fire pit out of, the old 20" military truck wheel is too small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The thing about the Doofwagon Isn't the fact that it's the most metal war Horn ever.

It's the fact thaT on a dying planet so starved for resources that they will literally enslave or kill for something so precious as water, that there is one guy who's sole purpose in life is to shred a double neck bass that shoots fire from the back of an 8 wheel drive semi truck built out of amps and speakers.

• Locked thread