Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocketeer Korolev
Dec 22, 2008

Jealous? No? Go frak yourself, Smoothskin...

turtlecrunch posted:

My reaction to this thread

Me, 3 hours from now.

Also, this is what the abandoned Witcher game from 1997 was supposed to look like:

Some more info: http://www.unseen64.net/2010/09/17/the-witcher-1997-version-pc-cancelled/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

THF13 posted:

Does anything from Witcher 1 get carried over through a Witcher 2 save file?

The graphics from The Witcher 1 get carried over

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Rocketeer Korolev posted:

Me, 3 hours from now.

Also, this is what the abandoned Witcher game from 1997 was supposed to look like:

Some more info: http://www.unseen64.net/2010/09/17/the-witcher-1997-version-pc-cancelled/

So this is basically the game I'll be playing tonight right?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Kimmalah posted:

Man you're not kidding, Geralt looks so weird now!

(Witcher 3 on Ultra Super Duper High Settings)

Yes, but is that with or without the Day 1 patch?

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

g-c posted:

Jokes for retards in a thread full of horse retard level posting.

Has the term horse retard been coined or something? What does it even mean?

You might as well add a 'cheeky nandos' in there as well.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

Do you have a 970?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Those shadows are super fake.

Orv
May 4, 2011

THF13 posted:

Does anything from Witcher 1 get carried over through a Witcher 2 save file? Specifically saving Adda since I think they defaulted to her being dead in Witcher 2 if you did not import a save.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Saved_game_import

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

net cafe scandal posted:

Do you have a 970?

On board video only

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

morrowind came out in 2002. It's contemporaries looked like this:

Vernon Roche's W3 model lookin good

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Why does the GoG store say it releases in 2.5 hours, but my library says the game releases in 8 hours?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ice Fist posted:

No, shadows had to be removed to enforce console parity.

Orv
May 4, 2011

UberJumper posted:

Why does the GoG store say it releases in 2.5 hours, but my library says the game releases in 8 hours?

GOG store has the correct time, not sure what's up with your library,

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

MAGIC SWORDS OF LIGHT CONFIRMED IN EXCLUSIVE W3 PC FOOTAGE

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

UberJumper posted:

Your library exists in a pocket dimension. The discrepancy you're seeing is due to the warp in spacetime.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

So am I retarded for buying a key through GMG? Saving 30% is a good deal but they're being hush-hush on when keys are getting released. Anyone else buy through them?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

So am I retarded for buying a key through GMG? Saving 30% is a good deal but they're being hush-hush on when keys are getting released. Anyone else buy through them?

See:

g0del posted:

CDPR refused to sell any keys to GMG, so GMG is reselling keys they had to buy somewhere else. It's possible that they might not actually have any keys to give out yet.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Have you checked out "unauthorized" key sellers? Granted, you gotta do research to make sure it's not just a Russian mafia front but I got mortal kombat x for $24 and similarly awesome deals.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Aren't there still a bunch of people selling their nvidia keys on SA mart or ebay that you can grab for $30?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

black.lion posted:

I'm in light green territory for my GPU, whats the stated dif between dark and light green squares? TIA for translating I hope you get a job at the UN you're very talented

1080p, 40 fps average with medium settings vs. high settings on dark green

e; oops this is from 4 pages back :(

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Orv posted:

I appreciate two obvious retards making the same joke in five minutes, thank you.

i'd appreciate it if you refrained from using epithets to describe the less abled

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Just finished my W2 playthrough with like...2 hours to spare.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sometimes GMG just doesn't send out keys until the actual release date of the game, it's happened with other games I've bought from them before.

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu

UberJumper posted:

Same for me. Ever since that dude a few pages back posted about Galaxy loving him over I've been paranoid about Galaxy not unlocking on time.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Welp this trailer is great.

Also confirms some significant past characters.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Just finished my second playthrough of Witcher 2, and will probably be the one I carry over instead of the one I've been saving since 2011 (Pre-EE!). Can't wait to have an awesome beard.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Does anyone know where the Steam pre-order goodies (Soundtrack, Artwork PDFs can be retrieved?

Orv
May 4, 2011

mcbexx posted:

Does anyone know where the Steam pre-order goodies (Soundtrack, Artwork PDFs can be retrieved?

Once the game unlocks they'll be in the main folder of the game files.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

mcbexx posted:

If it's like TW2, they pop up in the game folder after the game's released.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

mcbexx posted:

Usually in the install dir.

Right click game -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

THF13 posted:

Does anything from Witcher 1 get carried over through a Witcher 2 save file? Specifically saving Adda since I think they defaulted to her being dead in Witcher 2 if you did not import a save.

Thaler is around, doing things.

T-minus 90 minutes :boom:

Skoots
Sep 6, 2006

This I like!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So, bets on whether GOG/Galaxy immediately crash at 7:00?

Orv
May 4, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

So, bets on whether GOG/Galaxy immediately crash at 7:00?

No bet.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hearing the game on GoG along with files for the DLC and art book are corrupted and all.

So yeah probably going to crash with a fury.

Judging pictures from Poland people are excited as hell.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
You should have preloaded son

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just picked up some Wild Turkey. Gotta drink each time geralt takes a potion for maximum IMMERSION

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
I just got my key from GMG. Redeemed it on GOG and it even has all the pre-order bonuses.

So that worked out pretty well.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Here's final confirmation on those launch times if anyone was still unsure:

http://play.thewitcher.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Keltar posted:

Hearing the game on GoG along with files for the DLC and art book are corrupted and all.

So yeah probably going to crash with a fury.

Judging pictures from Poland people are excited as hell.

The loving prime minister stopped by their offices today, apparently.

Like imagine if Obama stopped by Bethesda to high-five them for Skyrim or something.