Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

Two votes to lynch, we've still got just under 2 hours

Tirade I know it's perfectly natural to not want to be lynched yourself, but you're not giving us any good reason not to, AND you're now voting for someone you think might be town.

Here's a reason not to vote for me - you served up Kleedrac on a platter as your number one scum pick, and there's also been a bunch of other people who have noted that he's been a bit of a whitenoise poster. It would have been pretty easy to push for him as a compromise candidate since no-one really has a strong read on anyone. I had no reason to go into bat for him, but instead I explained my thinking and spent like 4 posts defending him.

It's a choice between someone I think is town and someone I know is town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

before anyone gets worried about why I'm more interested in a lynch than in advocating a target: 1) my secret project requires that I be involved in two successful lynches, 2) I don't have a good read on anyone yet.

Successful meaning where the target dies or are revealed as scum?
The former sounds like a scum project requirement.

---

I don't feel really suspicious about either of those options.

##vote Bifauxnen

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bif is always scum.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Kommando posted:

Successful meaning where the target dies or are revealed as scum?
The former sounds like a scum project requirement.

---

I don't feel really suspicious about either of those options.

##vote Bifauxnen

Actually gently caress it, there's no way this vote is gonna get up but at least I won't go down voting for someone I don't think is scum.

##unvote

##vote Bifauxnen

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
also toml hates me, if i had to get rid of someone when i had no firm suspicion to go on i would go for fruity or thomas and fruity's not playing, so i'd probably do the same to him tbh

i feel a bit bad for voting tirade because i dont have any strong gut feel about him

and noone has even been defending him so we wont get much to work with

new idea: is there anyone that people have been going balls to the wall to defend/criticise? I say we lynch them and see how they flip to inform other decisions

Maybe sphyxy?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MaliciousOnion posted:

Don't worry, I'm not really mad. It's just that I decided to do a big effortpost like you, then wmb points out that it's a bit early to be doing them.

I did a big awesome effortpost once first thing on D2, that I was so invested in I PMed it to Gaspy the mod just in case I was nightkilled and couldn't post it, cause I wanted to gloat if I was right. A fair bit of it was right. :buddy:

....but that was when we successfully flipped a scum on D1 and there was lots of frantic behavior to analyze since that scum literally forgot the game was on and never showed up. :geno:

So I like effortposts when they got some real effort behind them, but I don't have anything like that to work up a big master conspiracy theory yet. But anyway, looks like this could pick up some steam here:

##vote kleedrac

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

white mans burping posted:

also toml hates me, if i had to get rid of someone when i had no firm suspicion to go on i would go for fruity or thomas and fruity's not playing, so i'd probably do the same to him tbh

i feel a bit bad for voting tirade because i dont have any strong gut feel about him

and noone has even been defending him so we wont get much to work with

new idea: is there anyone that people have been going balls to the wall to defend/criticise? I say we lynch them and see how they flip to inform other decisions

Maybe sphyxy?

I honestly feel like me and gaspy are two townies in a slapfight. It happens all the goddamn time and scum just sit back and split their votes between the two of us.

By rights I should be supportive of Beet for egging on Gaspy earlier, but Beet is actually at the top of my list. He's done gently caress all, whereas normally he's sticking his neck out like crazy making wild accusations.

Bif is slightly behind Beet because at least she seemed kinda concerned about kommando loving up his secret project.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh hell don't tempt me into my old OMGUS ways you guys

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I really don't like how Tirade is reacting to all this, but I'm really not sold on him.

##vote Kleedrac

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
##unvote

Honestly tirade always chokes the big one when scum and under threat of hammer so pretty sure he's town.

Would vote for Bif, Kleedrac and more and more likely TOML

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

don't, it's really not worth it

(the GoT not the pasta. pasta is always worth it)

yeah i know, this is probably my farewell to the show.

the pasta was good btw

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##vote Kleedrac

Also soag get off me you knob

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
##vote Kleedrac

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

oh hell don't tempt me into my old OMGUS ways you guys

Yeah sorry Bif. I don't have a solid read on anyone and so I'm honestly just frustrated.

I'm sure there's a good couple of scum on my vote but I really don't know who. I guess I'll vote Kleedrac to save my skin 'cause I get the feeling I can be more valuable to town than he's been, but goddamn if it's not annoying.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
imo voting kleedrac is a dumb loving move this time around

first day, ok, getting rid of dead weight is good

but now, if we vote off kleedrac, where does that get us? noone has criticised him, noone has defended him, if he flips town we're hosed and have another day of scratching our heads and staring at each other tomorrow

better to lynch someone with an opinion so we can at least look at how other people have reacted to them

note: this doesnt apply if we're likely to somehow get :siren: data :siren: tomorrow somehow from an investigation

note2 that this is not an attempt to get someone to roleclaim

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

but now, if we vote off kleedrac, where does that get us? noone has criticised him, noone has defended him, if he flips town we're hosed and have another day of scratching our heads and staring at each other tomorrow

better to lynch someone with an opinion so we can at least look at how other people have reacted to them

note: this doesnt apply if we're likely to somehow get :siren: data :siren: tomorrow somehow from an investigation

poo poo that is a really, really good point.

##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

I guess I'll vote Kleedrac to save my skin 'cause I get the feeling I can be more valuable to town than he's been, but goddamn if it's not annoying.

well, one other good thing about voting Kleedrac is it would cut down on timezone issues. I also got a bit more suss on him for picking on Onion, I want to see what's up with Onion's special doohickey and get some possible ~data~ before thinking of voting for him.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Zaibotsu-san is conspicuously absent

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wait what the hell I thought some people were getting mad I pushed the vote to 7 cause "oh theres 2 hours come on" but votefinder says 11 loving minutes what are you all doing?!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Bifauxnen posted:

wait what the hell I thought some people were getting mad I pushed the vote to 7 cause "oh theres 2 hours come on" but votefinder says 11 loving minutes what are you all doing?!

it says 1h 08 minutes for me D:

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
for me its saying 1 hour 8 minutes?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

or is my phone loving it up cause I looked at Mith's post to make sure I wasnt imagining things and hers did say almost 2 hours!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

poo poo that is a really, really good point.

##unvote

Yeah but no-one's really taken a strong stand on anyone. I had a go at gaspy this morning but I'm now much less suss on him, and I'll say right now that if I get lynched, my flip shouldn't condemn gaspy.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

1 hour 7 minutes.

and honestly I don't feel any closer to a lynch. This is an unusual game.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Auspol is killing off non auspol players.
But don't say lynching lurkers is not a good idea.
Though, that policy does adversely affect non Australian time zone goons.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MaliciousOnion posted:

Don't worry Mith, I read the whole thing. tbh it helps to see other people's thoughts for me, as at the moment I don't know much about strategy (see: roleclaiming already, I guess) or other people's play styles. I know my posting isn't nearly as prolific as the rest of you but I'll try and be better. Aaaand of course it just so happens that from ~now to 9pm is the busiest time for me irl, while I deal with kids' bedtimes, etc.

Maybe doing a player-by-player breakdown will help.

Asphyxious: Has drawn some attention as a potential scum but I'm not sure. Perhaps this works in their favour, for reasons other than being an actual scum, or maybe they're just a big mouth. I may be new but I've read enough to know that the latter is certainly possible, but it still seems like an overly dumb move to be so blatantly antagonistic - particularly after I thought they did quite well in one night werewolf to avoid attention, right up until Bif outed both of us as werewolves. Leaning slightly toward town.
Bifauxnen: From werewolf, I get the impression she's a canny player and very strategic. Of course, this would help no matter which team she's on. I suppose she was quick to jump on voting Amnistar out, but so were a lot of people. Don't have enough to make a decision yet, so undecided.
Gough Supressant: Not much to go on, really. Seems pretty intent on lynching Gaspy, but I guess that's understandable. Undecided.
Kleedrac: Seems happy to vote for me after I've claimed both town and role, without explaining why this is suspicious, only that I'm not posting much. Seems like being quiet is an easy way to get targeted, which would make voting for me an excellent ruse to get another townie lynched. Currently my number one pick for scum.
Kommando: Has claimed Lady Skye, which points to being town. Not much else to go on for me, though. Leaning toward town.
Matthew Beet: No idea, really. Some friendly banter going on with Gaspy but that's about it.
Mithranderp: Hasn't given much away yet, but has been trying to get me to post more, which probably counts in her favour, as I guess a scum would want to encourage my silence in the hope I get lynched. Not much to go on, though.
thatbastardken: No idea. Hasn't done anything particularly noteworthy to my untrained eye, so I guess I'll just leave it at that for now.
Those On My Left: Throwing out quite a few accusations, some of which seem to be flimsy. Of course, that could just be their play style. 50/50 I guess?
Tirade: Seems to be getting a lot of attention as a possible scum but I'm not convinced. Has made some good points and doesn't appear to be actively screwing anyone over. Not necessarily town but not suspicious.
white mans burping: Hasn't really made much impression either way. Undecided.
Zetsubou-san: I'm losing the ability to make judgements and need to cook dinner, so I'll just say undecided.

I know there's probably a lot of hemming and hawing but I guess I'm a cautious person. I will try to :justpost: more though.

I read a whole lot of words here saying you're not sure on anyone except Kleedrac because basically he voted you.

Oh and toml 50/50 for the same reasoning two others before you have said.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

goddammit I hate this phone and I hate the shittyass old faulty copper wires that are forcing me to use this phone

but I no longer hate all of you for unvoting and poo poo 11 minutes before lynch, thats a relied

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
this is a bad idea bc its not a helpful lynch but

##vote Kleedrac because never not lynch

if anyone wants to put up a lynch for an active player i'll get on board but the idea doesn't seem to be taking off. tirade and sphyxy seem to be the only person that people have really formed into a loose pro/con around and theyre not getting traction

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Bifauxnen posted:

well, one other good thing about voting Kleedrac is it would cut down on timezone issues. I also got a bit more suss on him for picking on Onion, I want to see what's up with Onion's special doohickey and get some possible ~data~ before thinking of voting for him.

Buy me a drink first at least.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Sorry I thought I'd quoted scroag not gaspy. Point stands though.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mmm
Pulled my pork parcel and four cheese sauce pasta.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

That being said malicious onion said he made a thing and ken says he got a thing and that's a close as we get to a confirmed thing and so. Yeah.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

i have no loving idea tbqh

##vote white mans burpin

Uhh okay. You're really not yourself this game dude.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
also, seconding that this is a weird mafia game

feels like everyones playing very cautiously, we need some hothead sperglords like miruky-san and splode

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
this is what purgatory feels like

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

this is a bad idea bc its not a helpful lynch but

##vote Kleedrac because never not lynch

if anyone wants to put up a lynch for an active player i'll get on board but the idea doesn't seem to be taking off. tirade and sphyxy seem to be the only person that people have really formed into a loose pro/con around and theyre not getting traction

There's always the Ol' vote Gough and if he flips scum you can lynch me bollocks. Gough was the only one going in super bloody hard on me.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Uh

My breasts?

Asphyxious posted:

That being said malicious onion said he made a thing and ken says he got a thing and that's a close as we get to a confirmed thing and so. Yeah.

Everyone has a thing. Role heavy game means we're all got things and special things besides.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asphyxious posted:

There's always the Ol' vote Gough and if he flips scum you can lynch me bollocks. Gough was the only one going in super bloody hard on me.

If he flips town* whatever

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

huh where was that? is that why no one wanted to vote TBK instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
i mean i'm up for lynching anyone if we have consensus

that's two votes for gough - who else is in? 7 to lynch

• Locked thread